Page 70 of 197 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if at some point in the next 15 years the Leafs built a new arena... a team that can fill a 45,000 seat stadium shouldn't be playing in a 20,000 seat stadium.

25,000 new seats at $100 each would be over $100 mill extra in revenue per season.

Sorry i know this was off topic

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    I honestly wouldnt be surprised if at some point in the next 15 years the Leafs built a new arena... a team that can fill a 45,000 seat stadium shouldn't be playing in a 20,000 seat stadium.

25,000 new seats at $100 each would be over $100 mill extra in revenue per season.

I remember when the ACC first opened and media was questioning this very thing (although, I think they were looking for 20,000 - 23,000 seats for hockey (currently just under 19,000 seats for hockey)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post

it's not really logistical to build a 45,000 seat Hockey arena. You can barely tell what's happening from the current nosebleeds. No reason to add another big bowl on top of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACC was built for basketball not hockey. This is reason why ACC is too small for hockey (for this market) than anything else.

ACC isn't a hockey stadium so seats (and it viewing angle) isn't so great compare to basketball where ACC is great venue to watch ball from all sides of arena.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    it's not really logistical to build a 45,000 seat Hockey arena. You can barely tell what's happening from the current nosebleeds. No reason to add another big bowl on top of that.
    Really? I've never had an issue and believe me I've seen a lot of games from the back row of the upper bowl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Really? I've never had an issue and believe me I've seen a lot of games from the back row of the upper bowl
    I don't know, I really dislike sitting there. Maybe other's have better eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I don't know, I really dislike sitting there. Maybe other's have better eyes.

I hate it up there too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Sat there for an exhibition game last season, was really surprised at how well we could follow the action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian Cooper - head of S&E Sponsorship Group was on Prime Time Sports last night talking about the Argos sale to Larry T and Bell - he said an announcement was "imminent" .

Cooper is a former President of the Argos and VP at MLSE

Argos talk starts about 14minutes in - although the whole interview is insightful as to the behind the doors workings at MLSE with regards to Rogers and BCE

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/p...y-13---6pm.mp3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we are all just talking about sharing with Dnipro FC - i can see the Argos confusion by their logo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Dnipro_Dnipropetrovsk

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Brian Cooper - head of S&E Sponsorship Group was on Prime Time Sports last night talking about the Argos sale to Larry T and Bell - he said an announcement was "imminent" .

Cooper is a former President of the Argos and VP at MLSE

Argos talk starts about 14minutes in - although the whole interview is insightful as to the behind the doors workings at MLSE with regards to Rogers and BCE

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/p...y-13---6pm.mp3
    My prediction has always been Friday of this week… before the long weekend.

I guess we'll see. My wife would tell you that I have been wrong before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking they'll announce it Saturday afternoon just before the next group of NHL playoff games start and while TFC is losing to NER.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm thinking they'll announce it Saturday afternoon just before the next group of NHL playoff games start and while TFC is losing to NER.
    Best to do it while TFC is on the road so as to delay the inevitable in-stadium backlash that will occur.

Good to see the Inebriati "No Argos at BMO" banner up last night. It looked great on TV (watching the Gol replay).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure the Argos and the CFL are going to want to build momentum with this announcement. Why would they care about the backlash from TFC fans if they have a deal in place? My guess is it will be Tuesday after the long weekend at the earliest. I'm thinking it will be a 3 part announcement that the Argos have new ownership, they are moving to BMO Field and Grey Cup 2016 will be played there. Get your tickets now to be the first in at BMO Field and for Grey Cup 2016.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Argos and the CFL are going to want to build momentum with this announcement. Why would they care about the backlash from TFC fans if they have a deal in place? My guess is it will be Tuesday after the long weekend at the earliest. I'm thinking it will be a 3 part announcement that the Argos have new ownership, they are moving to BMO Field and Grey Cup 2016 will be played there. Get your tickets now to be the first in at BMO Field and for Grey Cup 2016.
    Oh great. You just did their marketing for them.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Oh great. You just did their marketing for them.
    It just seems like the logical approach from their perspective to me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just seems like the logical approach from their perspective to me.
    I see your logic. Just having fun with your tag line.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I see your logic. Just having fun with your tag line.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably signing Ray Rice as part of that!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Probably signing Ray Rice as part of that!
    Won't that distract from Montreal signing Michael Sam?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A package announcement is a possibility but the one reason that MLSE might care about "backlash" is the May 27th event vs Man City.

Lots of tickets still available for that one (want 8 together in row 7 of the new section…? hurry, go to ticket master now before they are snapped up). MLS doesn't require teams to share gate receipts from that with the league. Big money generator.

I think they would need to distance the announcement a little bit from the ticket selling hype. Let the news settle in that they are coming first and then go forward with the promotions. Lots of time to set ticket prices and build hype. Maybe even a package with 2015 season tickets as a benefit for forward buying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deal is getting closer

Rick Zamperin ‏@rickzamperin 28m28 minutes ago
    BREAKING: #Argos owner David Braley says he hopes to be able to finalize the sale of the team "next week." #CFL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a matter of time now gentlemen. Let's hope this doesn't turn into a shit show for the sake of the franchise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    A package announcement is a possibility but the one reason that MLSE might care about "backlash" is the May 27th event vs Man City.

Lots of tickets still available for that one (want 8 together in row 7 of the new section…? hurry, go to ticket master now before they are snapped up). MLS doesn't require teams to share gate receipts from that with the league. Big money generator.

I think they would need to distance the announcement a little bit from the ticket selling hype. Let the news settle in that they are coming first and then go forward with the promotions. Lots of time to set ticket prices and build hype. Maybe even a package with 2015 season tickets as a benefit for forward buying.
    The majority of "backlash" MLSE is getting regarding the Argos at BMO Field is from season ticket holders and more specifically supporters groups. The e-mail for season ticket holders to buy tickets for the Man City match was sent out on April 8 and that window is long closed. Personally I don't see the Man City match as a factor as to making the announcement.

Like I said before I don't expect to see the announcement before Tuesday at the earlist (It could be later.) because I think the CFL and Argos are going to want the announcement to be a big deal and announcing it today or this weekend would muffle that announcement in my opinion.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The majority of "backlash" MLSE is getting regarding the Argos at BMO Field is from season ticket holders and more specifically supporters groups. The e-mail for season ticket holders to buy tickets for the Man City match was sent out on April 8 and that window is long closed. Personally I don't see the Man City match as a factor as to making the announcement.

Like I said before I don't expect to see the announcement before Tuesday at the earlist (It could be later.) because I think the CFL and Argos are going to want the announcement to be a big deal and announcing it today or this weekend would muffle that announcement in my opinion.
    ^ based on the tweet above, you may have the inside line on this one.

I'm not going to tell my wife though… there are enough examples of me not being correct

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is not at least one joking reference along the lines of "we'll have to do something about all that red though" at this announcment, I will be surprised. The CFL honchos are pretty clueless about stuff outside their own purvey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If there is not at least one joking reference along the lines of "we'll have to do something about all that red though" at this announcment, I will be surprised. The CFL honchos are pretty clueless about stuff outside their own purvey.
    Who cares? The red isn't going anywhere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares? The red isn't going anywhere.
    Oh I agree....I'm just preparing for outrage eruptions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh I agree....I'm just preparing for outrage eruptions.
    That's going to happen joke or no joke. I just hope everything works out in 2016 and if it does the majority of us won't even know the Argos are there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let the argo's in.. make enough money out of this stadium with the additional games that they can leave it for the argo's and create a nice new RBA style park for TFC to play in come 2020/2025.