Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I also don't get some of the strong criticisms of individual players (although over the course of many games, Alex Bono does worry me). Sometimes I wonder if we were all watching different games. If you don't believe my eyes, then check the stats. Delgado had the highest player rating after Altidore; then DeLeon; Osorio not far behind. I'm not going to bet my life on player stats especially in detail, but they are going to give you an idea whether a player was contributing positively or not.
    Oso could score a hat-trick and you'd still have people bitching about him on here, it is frankly ridiculous. He could take a shit in the middle of the pitch and it'd still be of higher quality than some of the posters here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=stegosaurus;1895276]Eh... I did.

Osorio is trash though. Last season was an anomaly because TFC was awful and somehow he got on the end of a lot of passes from talented players.

On his own he is talented at taking too many touches, thinking way too much, sending balls into orbit, etc. Osorio wont have a season like last year ever again.[/QUO

I am stunned at the nastiness of ciriticisms of Osorio. You wonder sometimes if he did something personal to some of these posters.

He is a very good player, Canadian, but isn’t quite Poz or Bradley. So? Last game he was incredible in combination play with Poz. Very very effective and incisive. Yesterday not so much, but he took his goal well. Otherwise - yes he had three loose passes but so did Pzoeulo and Bradley had two terrible giveaways. By the standards of this poster, Pozueko and Bradley are trash too.

Come on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomLawrence View Post
    Oso could score a hat-trick and you'd still have people bitching about him on here, it is frankly ridiculous. He could take a shit in the middle of the pitch and it'd still be of higher quality than some of the posters here.
    Didn’t see this before I wrote my post. Spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    That was a tie that felt like a loss, the possession was dominant but not effective, everything was telegraphed and slow. We desperately need another attacking option, hopefully Curtis gets us a winger in this window.

Its time to see what Westberg can do, Bono is far from a write off but there has to be consequences for errors that are happening almost every game

I think Vanney waited to long to make changes, it was clear by the 60 minute mark that a breakthrough wasn't coming, I would have liked to have seen JHams come on as another attacking outlet and create a bit of space for Jozy.

On the plus side it was great to see the team comeback and get the point, that effort and fortitude wasn't seen much last year and we are still in good shape in the standings.
    This is how I saw it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Vanney afterwards on their 1st goal.

Make of it what you will but the blame is pretty squarely put here.

“I don’t think he gets caught in no mans land”. And yet, if you read every other piece of that quote, it’s essentially exactly what is described.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We absolutely deserved a win based on the run of play. Bono needs to sit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    This is how I saw it.
    Bono doesn't let that goal in, Jozy's header goes in, the floodgates open

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got some breaks in the Philadelphia and NE games, and we didn't as much here. It's life.

I was early on the issue with Bono, but that first goal, that had multiple breakdowns.

Also I get how Bono got fooled. That was one hell of a world class ball from Gutjahr to Sapong, who controlled the pass with one hell of a world class touch. That is why they scored. (That was Gutjahr's debut, btw. A homegrown. Never heard of him before. Turns out he played behind Griffin Dorsey in college. Pretty interesting player!)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...-stoppage-time

Sometimes good players just get beat. It's a long season.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-07-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazed at how many people think that the difference in this game was the loss of Giovinco. Loved him here, but have any of you watched this team over the last two years?

I mean, when a team drops 10 behind the ball, do we ever score?

Both our goals today were headers. Most of our chances were headers. We're already better at this than we were in 2017. (Hell, we couldn't score with only 9 behind the ball rather than 10, then)

I'm surprised at Delgado's rating, to me he looked not so good - but I know I have my biases.

Chicago was very handsy. Every time someone started a run, there was a tug on the shoulder to twist. All went uncalled. (and it would be off camera too, so broadcast watchers wouldn't likely get to see it). The last 5 minutes you saw the frustration finally boil and we became unable to convert.

Chicago may not be very good but they were stout in defence. They took away all the space and left us with not many passing options. Full credit to them. It was our first real challenge. And, like I said, we scored two, even so. Miles better than even our championship year, when facing the bus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I also don't get some of the strong criticisms of individual players (although over the course of many games, Alex Bono does worry me). Sometimes I wonder if we were all watching different games. If you don't believe my eyes, then check the stats. Delgado had the highest player rating after Altidore; then DeLeon; Osorio not far behind. I'm not going to bet my life on player stats especially in detail, but they are going to give you an idea whether a player was contributing positively or not.
    Player “ratings” don’t tell the whole story, and vary widely depending on the outlet (take L’Equipe, the biggest football magazine in France, for example). Chicago had pretty awful “ratings” and where did they end up?

Delgado played well, except when he didn’t. I like Delgado and think he’s underrated, but he does slip up from time to time and has bad games.

Osorio scored, but he’s now a TAM player and constantly whiffs chances and misplaces passes (often passing to opposition players). If we’re going to spend TAM money on him, he can’t regress to the same shit he was doing previously. You’d expect anyone to score the goal he scored — it was a brilliant ball in to him.

Osorio was good last year, mostly because teams concentrated on our talented players leaving him unmarked and free to score. Every other year he’s been pretty anonymous, but was on a small contract and is Canadian so it didn’t matter.

Now he’s on a bigger contract and still gives the ball away every time he has it, takes too many touches, etc.

Plus he’s an asshole in person so fuck him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=MightyDM;1895286]
    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Eh... I did.

Osorio is trash though. Last season was an anomaly because TFC was awful and somehow he got on the end of a lot of passes from talented players.

On his own he is talented at taking too many touches, thinking way too much, sending balls into orbit, etc. Osorio wont have a season like last year ever again.[/QUO

I am stunned at the nastiness of ciriticisms of Osorio. You wonder sometimes if he did something personal to some of these posters.

He is a very good player, Canadian, but isn’t quite Poz or Bradley. So? Last game he was incredible in combination play with Poz. Very very effective and incisive. Yesterday not so much, but he took his goal well. Otherwise - yes he had three loose passes but so did Pzoeulo and Bradley had two terrible giveaways. By the standards of this poster, Pozueko and Bradley are trash too.

Come on.
    If you actually read posts you’d realize that I criticized Bradley for exactly the same thing. Watching Osorio fumble around the pitch while misplacing passes, not getting on the end of passes, or dribbling into opponents is a game day tradition.

I don’t think he’s a very good player, but perhaps my standards are slightly higher than “well, at least he’s Canadian!”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s a game we should have won, but there’s a problem playing possession football when you don’t have the talent to do it. 75% possession is great, but you need to do something with it.

Bono is useless with his feet, constantly out of position, and makes far too many mistakes. Can’t count on him to save us like the keepers in the league who stand on their heads to get results. He’s “young” for a keeper, considering you don’t have the same kind of development here that is producing 9-year-old starters like Donnarumma. He even did an interview recently where he talked about the struggle, that he wasn’t fit enough, etc.

It’s nice to give him time, but he certainly doesn’t fit the style of football TFC are trying to play if he can’t kick a ball.

Moor is pretty much done. Mavinga has some lapses but he’s saved the team so many times with last ditch tackles that could have ended up being goals instead. He’s also a good passer, which is important when you’re trying to play out the back. Ciman is similar, but it seems he can’t defend whatsoever at this point.

Osorio scores, but he was straight garbage most of the game and was constantly losing the ball, a black hole in front of the goal, and misplacing passes.

Chapman isn’t good. He’s not “a kid.” Yeah, he scored last week, but he lends nothing to the team in general.

Bradley fucked up a lot today. Lots of misplaced passes or passing straight to the opposition.

Pozo was good, but he can’t do it all himself. No need for him to be retrieving balls in our half all game. Last game he was playing further forward. Seba drew a lot of attention allowing for other players to find space. But now Jozy is getting mobbed and Pozo is running end to end.

Jozy was great today. Deleon played well. Delgado has his moments... then didn’t.

We were better overall, but sometimes it doesn’t work out. The takeaway is that our defense is still not great, the goalkeeping is terrible, and while we’re undefeated, this isn’t a side that will win the cup.
    We need CBs. Wether one blames Moor slowing down or Mavingas risky play these are not the veteran leaders our midfield and beyond can trust on turnovers. Chicago was a great team to play right now since they are in a very similar situation.

I'm not confident TFC is going to even target the back until end of season since they are pretty engaged already in finding a winger or two with TAM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Hamilton shoulda came in instead of Akinola. Bono has regressed considerably since he re- signed, we need a proper GK or we'll just give away games like these. He's really the weakest point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    I think Hamilton shoulda came in instead of Akinola. Bono has regressed considerably since he re- signed, we need a proper GK or we'll just give away games like these. He's really the weakest point.
    Agreed. Akinola is good in a counter attack scenario or when the other team is playing a high line but when the play depends on one-twos or interchanging positions Hamilton should be the choice.

He’s basically in the mould of Altidore on a small scale. He’s capable of holding up the ball or pulling wide. That would have made a lot more sense with Altidore moving all over the place to disrupt Chicago. Problem is, crossing the ball back when all your targets are 5’8 is not that effective. Hamilton would have forced them to think about if certain guys could follow Altidore our wide or stay centrally to provide aerial cleanup.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-07-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Amazed at how many people think that the difference in this game was the loss of Giovinco. Loved him here, but have any of you watched this team over the last two years?

I mean, when a team drops 10 behind the ball, do we ever score?
    Agreed. This was actually encouraging in the sense that we would have been able to beat a team with 10 behind the ball if not for making a couple preventable mistakes.

I don’t think Giovinco would have made any difference on the day. This type of game was never his forte (for all his talents).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    “I don’t think he gets caught in no mans land”. And yet, if you read every other piece of that quote, it’s essentially exactly what is described.
    It's an interesting dance watching a coach try to be honest about a play without publicly burying his guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Often I must speak other than I think. That is called diplomacy."
    -Stilgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll find out next match if Westberg was brought in to compete with Bono or fill in if he gets injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=stegosaurus;1895303]

If you actually read posts you’d realize that I criticized Bradley for exactly the same thing. Watching Osorio fumble around the pitch while misplacing passes, not getting on the end of passes, or dribbling into opponents is a game day tradition.

I don’t think he’s a very good player, but perhaps my standards are slightly higher than “well, at least he’s Canadian!”
    You said two posts earlier that “he’s an asshole in person so fuck him”

Now I understand why your critiques of him are so personal, mean and usually totally wrong.

No point in debating you on Oso. I won’t bother but you might want to reconsider your need to keep posting criticisms of him. Many of us see his play completely differently and are tiring of the constant unfair trashing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=MightyDM;1895347]

You said two posts earlier that “he’s an asshole in person so fuck him”

Now I understand why your critiques of him are so personal, mean and usually totally wrong.

No point in debating you on Oso. I won’t bother but you might want to reconsider your need to keep posting criticisms of him. Many of us see his play completely differently and are tiring of the constant unfair trashing.
    He scored a goal. Does that absolve him of passing to the opposition numerous times, failing dribbles, or missing out on passes in front of the net? Nope. If Bradley does it I’m critical of him too, which you seemingly didn’t decide to respond to despite saying that people who don’t like Osorio wouldn’t say the same thing about him. Oops.

He’s a total douchecanoe in person which is basically the “but he’s Canadian” negation equivalent. If he was a genuine, nice guy I’d give him a better shake when he’s shit. But he’s still shit and on a TAM contract.

He gets paid more than a zillion players better than him, who can actually shoot, score, pass, have a reasonably first touch, etc.

“I won’t bother” with additional content. That’s like the Osorio. Well, he sucks but when he gets good balls or MLS defenders are concentrating on our good players he finds a way to score.

When Osorio transitions his talent to a prime European squad I’ll reconsider your negative personal attack focused post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=stegosaurus;1895351]

He scored a goal. Does that absolve him of passing to the opposition numerous times, failing dribbles, or missing out on passes in front of the net? Nope. If Bradley does it I’m critical of him too, which you seemingly didn’t decide to respond to despite saying that people who don’t like Osorio wouldn’t say the same thing about him. Oops.

He’s a total douchecanoe in person which is basically the “but he’s Canadian” negation equivalent. If he was a genuine, nice guy I’d give him a better shake when he’s shit. But he’s still shit and on a TAM contract.

He gets paid more than a zillion players better than him, who can actually shoot, score, pass, have a reasonably first touch, etc.

“I won’t bother” with additional content. That’s like the Osorio. Well, he sucks but when he gets good balls or MLS defenders are concentrating on our good players he finds a way to score.

When Osorio transitions his talent to a prime European squad I’ll reconsider your negative personal attack focused post.
    You sound like that guy ya that guy I’ve known around for decades, you know that guy who is probably jealous that a guy like Osorio, did you play against him in youth soccer as a kid and he made it and is making some good coin while you are left playing in a beer league ? You definitely sound like that guy lol. You sound like those guys who think their beer league team is better than a MLS team lol so that’s why they don’t follow the team or the league lol! Please body give it up I’m starting to think you are that guy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=SoccMan2;1895352]
    You sound like that guy ya that guy I’ve known around for decades, you know that guy who is probably jealous that a guy like Osorio, did you play against him in youth soccer as a kid and he made it and is making some good coin while you are left playing in a beer league ? You definitely sound like that guy lol. You sound like those guys who think their beer league team is better than a MLS team lol so that’s why they don’t follow the team or the league lol! Please body give it up I’m starting to think you are that guy!
    Did you have a seizure while typing this?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was great to Richie out there too, getting an opportunity to show the best is yet to come !

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Osorio has 1 goal and 3 assists in 4 games now so I'll take some more shit play from him, thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Well Osorio has 1 goal and 3 assists in 4 games now so I'll take some more shit play from him, thanks.
    Memo has 4/4 at 50k smarty pants.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh....guys producing. People may not like him for various reasons but in this league, 1 g & 3 assists in 4 games is TAM level producing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh....guys producing. People may not like him for various reasons but in this league, 1 g & 3 assists in 4 games is TAM level producing.
    Uh... no.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh... no.
    This is getting tedious.

There are 12 players with 3 assists in this league.

If you want to argue that this list isn't good...well

Nani
    Vela
    Diomande
    Elis
    Quintero
    DeLeon
    Osorio
    Rooney
    Lodeiro
    Blessing
    Moreno
    Higuian

We get it...you don't like the guy.

He's producing at a good level given his wage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting tedious.

There are 12 players with 3 assists in this league.

If you want to argue that this list isn't good...well

Nani
    Vela
    Diomande
    Elis
    Quintero
    DeLeon
    Osorio
    Rooney
    Lodeiro
    Blessing
    Moreno
    Higuian

We get it...you don't like the guy.

He's producing at a good level given his wage.
    Seems like Osorio dumped him hard or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Auro, no Party