View Poll Results: If seating expansion occurs... will we get a supporter/controlled section?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... They will finanlly get it

82 22.10%
  • No.... They will screw this up royally

213 57.41%
  • hmmm... not sure? how much money will they make from this?

76 20.49%
Page 118 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 4872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that building circled in red isn't gonna be the new Raptors facility - its away over beside Medieval times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm required to explain 3 benefits a roof over BMO Field has for fan experience. It's for a sports management class. All I can think of is protection against weather conditions and a stronger atmosphere. I need one more, is there anything else anyone can think of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Environmental, Acoustics, and Prestige.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilberto9 View Post
    I'm required to explain 3 benefits a roof over BMO Field has for fan experience. It's for a sports management class. All I can think of is protection against weather conditions and a stronger atmosphere. I need one more, is there anything else anyone can think of?
    while in Montreal the roof gave a definite comfy defined ,'' we are one atmoshere', esp since the team could definitely here our chants and really galvanized our touring supporters section . It sort of helps against the rain (slightly) but gave a bit of shade from sun . It made you feel like you WERE at your own personal event with all your friends .. Much like going out to the movies instead of viewing it at home alone on the TV . The roof helped define the perimeters and uniqueness of the space. After all sports fandom is a social cultural event and anything which helps promote that 'all for one' feeling works for a better event .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, our calls for a roof justified the need for stadium reno's which in turn opened the door for the Argos. be careful what you wish for. And when.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marketability. People will show up because it's new in this city.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Yes, our calls for a roof justified the need for stadium reno's which in turn opened the door for the Argos. be careful what you wish for. And when.
    "THE" calls for a roof. No calls for a roof from me...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO TEAM FOR YOU, TORONTO!!!

Looks like the Bills will be sold to Sabres owner Terry Pegula, as was expected.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/footba...a_sources.html

What effect will it have, if any, on how MLSE goes forward?
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we tank this season then I will become an advocate of the Argos at BMO...said it here first.

I mean if we never ever ever see the post season in the MLS then whats the harm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The argos are coming no matter what .. either braley-owned or MLSE-owned.
    Latest rumour making the rounds is the league itself is putting up the $10m shortfall. Construction will be concurrent with the new eaststand construction over the winter. CFL isn't happy with scheduling at the Rogers centre and wants out as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the responses

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    if we tank this season then I will become an advocate of the Argos at BMO...said it here first.

I mean if we never ever ever see the post season in the MLS then whats the harm?
    Then we are like every other NA shared ground stadium after they built us a SSS. Never will I advocate. If they don't know the difference between the two they send the message they don't care how we support.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    NO TEAM FOR YOU, TORONTO!!!

Looks like the Bills will be sold to Sabres owner Terry Pegula, as was expected.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/footba...a_sources.html

What effect will it have, if any, on how MLSE goes forward?
    The whisper campaign around that had something to do with a "big waterfront stadium for the Olympics and maybe we can sneak our sports teams in there" real estate play, but I think that was always Leiweke freelancing, it never had anything to do with MLSE, except that it maybe got MLSE exasperated and was part of why Leiweke got tossed.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well imagine this. Kevin Davies voted our little stadium #10 in his list of favourite soccer stadiums that he has played in.
    He also mentions that he almost signed hear on loan, forgot about that

bit.ly/1rIOOCG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Well imagine this. Kevin Davies voted our little stadium #10 in his list of favourite soccer stadiums that he has played in.

bit.ly/1rIOOCG
    Guess that link did not work, this is what he said

We played against Toronto FC about three or four years ago in a Bolton pre-season. We had been touring North America but really enjoyed the time we spent in this Canadian city. The stadium is not huge but fans feel close and it was different to what we'd been used to playing in this country. The fans go to the matches in a very relaxed fashion, there's even tables and chairs by the side of the pitch with people drinking beer. It's a real family day out with lots of whooping! I was even close to moving there last year on loan for a few months. It's a great family day out there and I really enjoyed the experience of playing there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post

bit.ly/1rIOOCG
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...y-kevin-davies

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aesthetics are something to consider. BMO Field has long has an unfinished and rough look to it and I think the lack of roof is a big factor in that. There are exposed girders, beams, and pipes; most of which would be mostly covered up and hidden by a roof. This why I hope TFC doesn't cheap out in the next phase of construction. I want a good, solid roof that not only performs its functions well but looks great.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pagula just paid 1.4 billion dollars for a team valued at 7-800 million in their current stadium. He isn't going to be paying another 1 billion for a new stadium. Buffalo is in the same spot no matter who bought the team. Either the county/state pay for a new stadium in Buffalo, or they move to wherever there's an NFL stadium ready to go. If he can't extort the local governments in upstate new york then it really seems like it'll come down to who gets that 2026 olympics and needs to build a new 70-80 000 seat stadium. Either way, given the current and past problems, if someone guaranteed me tomorrow that TFC in 2024ish will be relegated to second tenant in an NFL/soccer hybrid stadium my reaction would probably be holy shit we survived another 10+ years?! Never got why people were so concerned about whether Toronto got an NFL team or not, but esp now. If TFC doesn't find some management/coaching stability, his team has no chance of making it long enough for the NFL to even be an issue. Hell, even the Argos for that matter. That'd be a 2-3 year project? At this point? I just hope attendance is in 5 figures still next year..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Pagula just paid 1.4 billion dollars for a team valued at 7-800 million in their current stadium. He isn't going to be paying another 1 billion for a new stadium. Buffalo is in the same spot no matter who bought the team. Either the county/state pay for a new stadium in Buffalo, or they move to wherever there's an NFL stadium ready to go. If he can't extort the local governments in upstate new york then it really seems like it'll come down to who gets that 2026 olympics and needs to build a new 70-80 000 seat stadium. Either way, given the current and past problems, if someone guaranteed me tomorrow that TFC in 2024ish will be relegated to second tenant in an NFL/soccer hybrid stadium my reaction would probably be holy shit we survived another 10+ years?! Never got why people were so concerned about whether Toronto got an NFL team or not, but esp now. If TFC doesn't find some management/coaching stability, his team has no chance of making it long enough for the NFL to even be an issue. Hell, even the Argos for that matter. That'd be a 2-3 year project? At this point? I just hope attendance is in 5 figures still next year..
    NFL is dead in Toronto.

If Bills have to relocate, they will go to west coast (L.A.) or London before coming to Toronto.

I am going to go out in limb and say Toronto isn't American football city. How many people do we have are willing to pay $100 ticket per game to watch NFL? Can Toronto market sell out games (60K) every year? How much money is going to cost to buy NFL team and then building a stadium in Toronto? If I was a betting man, I would say it's going to cost in total about $2-3 billion USD to get NFL team in Toronto with stadium. Who is going to spend that money on a product that might not have a big following in this market?

If you look at Bill series in Toronto, it was a massive failure and killed Toronto's chance of landing NFL team.

EDIT:

Another thing, there's no political will to get Olympics in Toronto. In fact, Toronto City Council voted against idea of hosting Olympics in 2026. I think if there's a chance a stadium going to be built in Toronto, it's going to be for World Cup which CSA say they're planning to bid on.
    Last edited by TFC07; 09-11-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an aside - the Olympics are in either 2024 or 2028. World Cup is 2026

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Just an aside - the Olympics are in either 2024 or 2028. World Cup is 2026
    You're right.

World Cup 2026 is probably what Waggy meant to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    while in Montreal the roof gave a definite comfy defined ,'' we are one atmoshere', esp since the team could definitely here our chants and really galvanized our touring supporters section . It sort of helps against the rain (slightly) but gave a bit of shade from sun . It made you feel like you WERE at your own personal event with all your friends .. Much like going out to the movies instead of viewing it at home alone on the TV . The roof helped define the perimeters and uniqueness of the space. After all sports fandom is a social cultural event and anything which helps promote that 'all for one' feeling works for a better event .

hmm.

like a party in a tiny bar or night club is almost always better than a the same amount of people in a giant night club.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    EDIT:

Another thing, there's no political will to get Olympics in Toronto. In fact, Toronto City Council voted against idea of hosting Olympics in 2026. I think if there's a chance a stadium going to be built in Toronto, it's going to be for World Cup which CSA say they're planning to bid on.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_..._World_Cup_bid

Good luck getting a new 60,000 seat stadium built in Toronto with public money with no tenant. If there was a chance of getting a NFL team then there could be a groundshare between NFL team, CFL team and TFC.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the Season Seat Holder BBQ at the Kia Training Facility, my son asked Tim B. about Safe Standing.

The Team is all for it, apparently, but the team's lawyers hate the idea.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping to see the updated renderings today at KIA. Perfect opportunity to release them. Bez mentioned a few upgrades in his speech but that's it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A brief update

Application: Partial Permit Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M6K 3C3

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 14 205072 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Sep 16, 2014

Project: Stadium Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct east upper seating bowl, seating canopy (west, east, and south), 2 new levels for east concourses, east club washrooms/concessions, loading docks, interior alterations for new lounge (west), new lounge (east side), and new concrete slabs. Existing BMO Field. CONVENIENCE ADDRESS - 170 PRINCES BLVD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    A brief update
    Conforms no roof over north end, all the other stuff Bez talked about in his speech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Conforms no roof over north end, all the other stuff Bez talked about in his speech.
    There is no Roof over anything right now.. this permit dosen't confirm anything really. It is the permit to begin construction on this years renovations not next years.

Though I don't expect them to make significant changes to the North End because of the Stage, unless they know what is going to happen... and honestly I think Nelsen/Team sucking is the reason we won't see changes to the North Stands just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argos on news last nite reiterate their desire to be purchased by MLSE still - is that still in the works->to have them play at BMO?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeGuy View Post
    Argos on news last nite reiterate their desire to be purchased by MLSE still - is that still in the works->to have them play at BMO?
    Its Braley's wish....except he doesn't want to actually haggle. So far, Bogers is not interested even discussing further at the terms being offered. Tannenbaum wants it as his plaything within MLSE - except he doesn't want to pay for it.

We thus have a stalemate, with a lot of desire to talk about it from two involved parties.