Page 165 of 197 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 5892
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    I don't know.
    I think it will be similar.
    Rainy monday after a beautiful weekend.
    Jays in town.
    Bachelorette is on.
    Big Raw after a PPV.
    It will be awesome conditions for Argos Pokemon GO. Wide open parking lots, hardly any traffic to contend with and row after row of empty seats for all the gamers to romp around in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Bell is getting so desperate that they got one of TSN reporters to give out free tickets for tomorrow's game.

I thought BMO field would solve all of Argo problems and that they will become primary tenant not us soccer guys, right?

Watching Argos epic failure to sell out BMO field in their first season despite all the marketing and freebies giving out is fun to watch especially watching CFL fans who hate city of Toronto making up every excuse for Argos failure.

CFL fans can brag all about TV numbers, but it is becoming less relevant due to 18-35 demographic that advertisers want to market their product are cutting the cord. So TV crowd is older which is why CFL numbers are still high. This is why CFL is going out their way to attract younger crowd with these tailgate and pokeman Go promotion because they know they're not going to get much more TV money and sponsorship in the future if young crowd keep cutting the cord and don't go to their games.
    LOL Pint!! Look who it is!!! Let's go get a "pair"?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    You can never underestimate the influence of the cottage. People with tickets already in hand will have no qualms if it's a nice day pulling the chute and not make the trek down. Have had it more than once happen where I get the last minute phone from friends saying they will not be coming down.

CFL in general draws better post Labour Day. Next year will be the telling sesson for them when TFC plays a normal home away schedule so games can be placed more consistently.
    Concacaf Champions League games will expand the soccer sked.

If the Argos continue to draw family and friends, perhaps a financial worry or two might force extra soccer games - friendlies, national teams, etc.

Credit to the Argos for surrendering like Dorothy during the post-Labour Day period. We'll have all the build-up to the World Cup of Hockey. And the Peaches En Regalia World Beach Volleyball finals Sept. 13-18. No chance they'd be able to compete with that.

Which leaves them just two October home games to play after that to generate Grey Cup fever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the proline odds on a person with their face planted into their phone walking out to the field to catch Picachu?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    What are the proline odds on a person with their face planted into their phone walking out to the field to catch Picachu?
    Well they seem to be willing to go across the border out in Alberta so.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Pint!! Look who it is!!! Let's go get a "pair"?
    hahahaha still not worth it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

16K I'm thinking

The TV ratings though will be interesting as there really isn't much of a competitor. CFL ratings are up this year quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they do have to go up against Roger's cup and tonight at 7 the kid that won Jr Wimbledon is playing as well as jays at 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Sucks for the team, for MLSE, and the city for investing so much money to relocate them to the wrong location.

yet somehow, Argos fans see us as the bad guys. Is it THAT hard to believe that relocating the Argos to 905 would have been a much better choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks for the team, for MLSE, and the city for investing so much money to relocate them to the wrong location.

yet somehow, Argos fans see us as the bad guys. Is it THAT hard to believe that relocating the Argos to 905 would have been a much better choice?
    To soon to predict how things will go at BMO field but if this is the average outcome a few years from now I can see TFC forcing the Argo's out.

TFC is growing, the Argo's may become a nuisance(field wise) not worth putting up with, the Bell/Rogers partnership could also speed up that process.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I agree the Argos should be out somewhere along the 407, nobody was going to pay for a stadium where the Argos belong. There isn't enough cash flow to support such a thing. Its more likely that TFC escapes BMO to a field along the subway (Downsview) then for the Argos to go somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Argos will not be forced out. What's for certain is that TFC will always have priority over the Argos at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on how the Bell/Rogers partnership goes its very possible, one side was very against the idea of them at BMO field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All those red seats contrast so wonderfully with Argo blue
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm....I'd say that's about 14K. The real shame is the cheap seats in the South are about 1/3 full. Argos gotta figure out a way to fill those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could have just renovated the football stadium at York University.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Although I agree the Argos should be out somewhere along the 407, nobody was going to pay for a stadium where the Argos belong. There isn't enough cash flow to support such a thing. Its more likely that TFC escapes BMO to a field along the subway (Downsview) then for the Argos to go somewhere.
    On the contrary, I think you'd find plenty of interest. These areas surrounding the GTA are looking for ways to break the beadroom community rap and provide entertainment for residents.

The issue is how that move is perceived. MLSE also would like to keep everyone's focus within the city limits.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBLaw View Post
    Just logged in to say how embarrassing this thread is. All you supporters should be ashamed of yourselves. TFC is looked down upon in this city just as much as the Argos, yet this ridiculous sense of superiority is completely and utterly laughable from a fan base that left BMO field as empty as the Argos are leaving it for the last three years, and a team that has abysmally low television ratings and has for a substantial amount of time.

What exactly is there to gain from 150+ pages of shitting on a team you don't even follow because they play in the same stadium? TFC is just as irrelevant as the Argos are in this town. Yet some of you posters are acting like Manchester Rugby club is moving to Old Trafford to share the grounds with United.
    Manchester Rugby club (if there is such a thing) is more relevant to me than scummy Manchester United any day.

PS - Looking forward to hearing the attendance figures tonight. Should be good for a few more laughs.

edit: indeed, there is a Manchester Rugby club. Learn something new every day! I just assumed if there was, it was the rugby union equivalent of Rochdale.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 07-25-2016 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And, truth be told, its kinda interesting to watch Argo travails at getting people into BMO in light of what TFC has had occur to it. The comments from Argo fans about not wanting young people unless they have money is bang on for their current base. It also is pretty much what MLS as a whole was doing...until TFC blew the lid off the nascent supporter culture movement in North America.
    So true. I remember the home opener for TFC back in 2007. A cold April afternoon, with icy gusts blowing around the stadium. We sold out the stadium. Yet, Argos fans couldn't sell out their home opener at BMO after years of being treated like an afterthought at Rogers Centre. I also remember our 3rd ever home game - a torrential downpour vs. Houston. We attracted a larger crowd than Argos did in their 2nd ever home game at BMO in idyllic summer conditions.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 07-25-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching a bit of the game I wonder if the stadium is empty or if all the fans are wearing red.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pictures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks about 2/3 full. Better than I expected, but then again that's with free tickets being handed FFS.

Hopefully they can hang on to finally win a game at BMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wrong.
    it is a bigger crowd than last game.

with that said, loads of freebies all over.
    it sounds like anyone that wants freebies can get them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was a STH, and found out that the people around me are getting their tickets for free, I wouldn't be impressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what it could have been if there weren't a lot of freebies being given out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post

I wonder what it could have been if there weren't a lot of freebies being given out.
    Would not be surprised if freebies are not included in that number for tax purposes.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would not be surprised if freebies are not included in that number for tax purposes.
    Not sure if the media will mention the attendance of 16k and say that it's "disappointing". Most of us have seen this coming..smh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    They could have just renovated the football stadium at York University.
    I was thinking the same thing. The venue could have been tested with temp stands to increase capacity, and then if attendance warranted it, permanent stands could have been incrementally added.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does announced attendance, and direct income for tax reporting have anything to do with each other?

Free tickets, and Pokemon Go was the recipe for this week. What's next? Free tickets + free beer?