Page 106 of 134 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    David Rowaan @soccercanada · 10m10 minutes ago

TFC won't be using wingers. Wide forwards and wing backs provide the width. The midfield is compact and central.

means almost certainly a high quality DM and inverted winger are coming in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC won't be using wingers. Wide forwards and wing backs provide the width. The midfield is compact and central.
    Ummmm .... what does this gentleman say the marking scheme will be when the other team is using wingers?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ummmm .... what does this gentleman say the marking scheme will be when the other team is using wingers?
    Press them high so they can't spring their wingers? usually how that tactic works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder what happened with that Farre rumor? If I'm not mistaken this article seems to suggest he's leaving Argentina? http://www.diaadia.com.ar/deportes/p...apids-colorado

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So TFC won't be playing traditional English football. Good, I like too see a more technical style (even though I was a winger in my youth).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if this is speculation or the actual plan ahead.

I wouldn't mind this - it makes a lot of sense with our current set of players. Though, it makes me wonder why they kept Lovitz (unless it's just what NYCFC wanted all along - getting allocation). Also, makes me wonder if Jackson is moved or if he gets played at DM (he's great at tackling but I am not sure how disciplined he will be at not charging forward - though this is also one of his strengths). He could also play at RB, but has done poorly there last year.

I am also excited to see Osorio finally get to play his best position - more centrally.
    Last edited by flamehawk; 01-27-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So did Nelsen walk all over Bez last year to pick up Oduro in the first place then?

Credit to Oduro for his classy tweet after the news broke. Shows you who's a real pro and who isn't. I have a certain recent TFC winger in mind...

Curious to see what the next move is. Some thoughts on Twitter that Mark Anthony Kaye may be brought up from the Academy to replace Oduro as another wide option. I'm not sure we'll have no wide presence just yet. We do still have Jackson and Lovitz. Can Chapman play on the flanks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I wonder if this is speculation or the actual plan ahead.

I wouldn't mind this - it makes a lot of sense with our current set of players. Though, it makes me wonder why they kept Lovitz (unless it's just what NYCFC wanted all along - getting allocation). Also, makes me wonder if Jackson is moved or if he gets played at DM (he's great at tackling but I am not sure how disciplined he will be at not charging forward - though this is also one of his strengths). He could also play at RB, but has done poorly there last year.
    I think we probably kept Lovitz as a plan B. If teams try and play us too narrow we can bring on Lovitz and stretch them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    So did Nelsen walk all over Bez last year to pick up Oduro in the first place then?

Credit to Oduro for his classy tweet after the news broke. Shows you who's a real pro and who isn't. I have a certain recent TFC winger in mind...

Curious to see what the next move is. Some thoughts on Twitter that Mark Anthony Kaye may be brought up from the Academy to replace Oduro as another wide option. I'm not sure we'll have no wide presence just yet. We do still have Jackson and Lovitz. Can Chapman play on the flanks?

I assume Nelsen told Bez he needed a better winger then Rey, and Bez tried his best to go out and find someone that fit what Nelsen wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Chapman is a rookie. I'd rather he develop than throw him into the first team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bez doesn't seem one to bring in allocation and free up salary cap without using it. I suspect a wide attacking threat is coming, one who can actually cross the ball (something else Vanney indicated was an issue last season)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    as far as I know, Findley only played striker during his entire career
    i mean that in the sense of playing within a team, not necessarily position wise. I agree oduro can play more spots. I just think findley offers more intangibles than oduro who I think is incredibly one dimensional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    Chapman is a rookie. I'd rather he develop than throw him into the first team.
    If he was in the draft he would've been a very high pick. If Hagglund could contribute last year being a (I think) #10 pick, no reason Chapman can't this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if it means anything, but looks like Chapman took Dero's number. Maybe that proves Dero is not coming back? And not sure why, but Delgado is the only one without a number assigned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono isn't listed on the players page either.

Edit. NM, just realized none of the kids drafted have actually signed with us yet.

Wonder if TFC loses a draftees rights if they don't sign with the first team, can't very well just offer them TFC 2 contracts can they? Wasn't a usl pro draft after all.
    Last edited by kshep; 01-27-2015 at 08:23 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    i mean that in the sense of playing within a team, not necessarily position wise. I agree oduro can play more spots. I just think findley offers more intangibles than oduro who I think is incredibly one dimensional.
    Oduro scores double digit goals in odd number years plus ex tfc player boost so he's going to score at least 10 goals this season and bag a hat trick against us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone believe that we will be adding another player to our squad this week???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    does anyone believe that we will be adding another player to our squad this week???
    The squad leaves for Orlando at the weekend, wouldn't be surprised if another deal or two is done before then

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Oduro scores double digit goals in odd number years plus ex tfc player boost so he's going to score at least 10 goals this season and bag a hat trick against us
    He sure had flashes of excellent play. Who knows?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    There was a TFC Event tonight and someone tweeted that we will be making a move in a week... https://twitter.com/MrWilliamLucas/s...58335078109184
    Last edited by markie8002000; 01-27-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markie8002000 View Post
    There was a TFC Event tonight and someone tweeted that we will be making a move in a week... https://twitter.com/MrWilliamLucas/s...58335078109184
    I'm betting we're targeting a defensive midfielder. The TFC Facebook page has the lineup set up as a 4-2-3-1. Not saying that it means THIS is the formation but signals the type of attack we will have. We REALLY need a DM, it would allow everyone to slot into there natural positions. Giovinco could start at LM/LW and create chances coming in from the left, Bradley can start as CM in an attacking role where we will get the most production out of him and Creavalle and a new DM would really allow our offensive guys to push forward. I remember Vanney agreeing with Jurgen that Bradley should be playing higher up in the field.

----------- Altidore
    Giovinco - Bradley Osorio
    ------ ???? - Creavalle
    Morrow-Perquis-Caldwell-Bloom

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    ///. I remember Vanney agreeing with Jurgen that Bradley should be playing higher up in the field.
    Quite the opposite actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Vanney has specifically mentioned on a number of occasions that he sees Bradley as a #6 or #8. You can expect to see him deeper in midfield with Giovinco (fingers crossed for early arrival) in the hole come season opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just read something about Vasco wanting us to eat some of Gil's contract?!? What kind of BS is that! we shouldn't have to pay a penny of his contract especially when we're supposed to have multiple offers for him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markie8002000 View Post
    Hmm, don't see why they would leak that unless it were related to the event somehow. My guess is it's a loan with a connection to Giovinco's agent or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Quite the opposite actually.
    Yeah I believe Vanney sees him as a box-to-box mid, while Klinsman sees him as more of an attacking mid. Think Kinsmann is nuts nuts personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So TFC won't be playing traditional English football. Good, I like too see a more technical style (even though I was a winger in my youth).
    What do you mean? It's England 1966 all over again. Diamond 4-4-2 wingless wonders...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julian de Guzman makes sense for this team.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I think we probably kept Lovitz as a plan B. If teams try and play us too narrow we can bring on Lovitz and stretch them.
    hope so, i've enjoyed what i've seen from lovitz this year.