Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Cup: Colorado Rapids vs. FC Dallas prematch/match thread

Well, I was hoping for New York vs. LA, but I guess we get to watch Dallas take on Colorado.

Game will not be sold out. You heard it hear first.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming into this weekend, their was only one way this games was going to have any buzz media wise and in the city in general and that will not happen. This game will now be just for the footy fans and the few interested souls.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL quite the matchup.

I'm working the Supporters Summit in the morning and then heading to work.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne vs. Cunningham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Wynne vs. Cunningham
    I am really looking forward to it. I was hoping one of the teams would be RSL as they displayed some excellent football in their two appearances here this year, but the two hottest teams in MLS are clearly Dallas and Colorado. David Feirrera is the best player in the league bar none and I enjoy watching the Cummings + Casey partnership every chance I get.

That said I think the emphasis on a "North American" playoff system is faulty...winning the league has to be more important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas in a walk.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Argos will get more play this week than the MLS Cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Wynne vs. Cunningham
    Why is it Wynne vs. Cunningham? ohhh wait reference to former players. One of those who was unwilling to play for the Reds. All this hate about players who were sent on their way. I truly don't get it. Cunny, Buddle, Casey. Big names no doubt but also a list of underachievers in Toronto or didn't want to be here. do I think we should have taken the gamble on those players? Only Buddle since he was the only one who wanted to stay. Why go back and say if we... if we didn't... If I would of played the lottery and If I didn't pick the wrong numbers, I'd be a millionaire.

Get what I'm trying to say? Yes Mo fucked up. Deal with it. Life isn't fair. Players didn't want to stay or didn't perform to their potential. I liked that we traded players who didn't want to be here. Are you saying you wanted players that didn't try to still be at TFC?

I still stick to what I said then. Fuck Cunty and good riddance to him. He can take his hip-cupping elsewhere.

It's getting really tiresome coming here and reading all this bullshit (ie: if....) Most here are grown men. Stop the bitching. Get over it. Did TFC (read Mo) fuck up? Of course. No denying it. But, they seemed to have learn from their mistakes and since they don't know what the hell they are doing, they hire someone to at least point them in the right direction. We all asked for it and they delivered. Do people want MLSE to get on their knees and blow 'em too? Before writing their plan off, give it a chance.
    Here's some advice though. Stop

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh some stats for you. Cunty in 32 games for the reds scored 6 goals and most of the time was seen like this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who's playing...never heard of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im hoping to make it down for the finals and see Marvell, KK, Omar and Atiba play. Hope its a good match. Ill be looking to meet up with a few of the boys a day or two before Sunday for an interview or two so ill see what kinda vibe they are on.

I think it will be a close match and kinda hoping Rapids pull it out as i know more of their players personally. Was kinda hoping RSL would get there but its cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh well there goes my chance of selling tickets to some screaming young teens or some milfs

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSS!!!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado vs. Dallas? Fuck 'em both! Especially Cuntingham who was a fucking dog while wearing TFC's colours. You can bet Toronto won't pay any attention to this. Especially with the Argos playing the same day. Don Garber's about to live the nightmare.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt (if anyone was even wondering) that the MLS playoffs were not fixed.
    Last edited by James17930; 11-15-2010 at 11:05 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This combination of live sports events and big games on TV is why the MLS Cup will get berried when it comes to media coverage, without Becks and company it will be lucky to get a mention on the nightly sports cycle and beyond the usual footy writers. Regardless I am looking forward to this match and enjoying one last night out at BMO in 2010.

Friday, 19 Nov 2010 Houston at Raptors 7:00 PM
    Sat, 20 Nov 2010 Maple Leafs at Canadiens 7:00 PM
    Sun 21 Nov 2010 Boston at Raptors 1:00 PM
    Sun 21 Nov 2010 CFL East Final, Toronto at Montreal 1:00 PM
    Sun 21 Nov 2010 CFL West Final Saskatchewan at Calgary 4:30 PM
    Sun 21 Nov 2010 Sunday Night Football Giants at Eagles
    Mon 22 Nov 2010 Stars Maple Leafs 7:00 PM

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE plan worked to perfection....make the season seat holders pay for the MLS cup up front.....and if we get a match up like Dallas and Colorado....at least the tickets are paid for.....

If you planning on selling your tickets for face value...good luck..it wont happen.. But you should be able to get a hell of a deal outside the gate if someone is looking to attend the final..

Because of the travel distance...in MLS having a one game final dont work!.....To advoid disasters like the one thats gona happen in Toronto...The final should be a 2 leg match between finalists....or have the game played at the teams home with the better record through the reg season
    Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 11-15-2010 at 04:11 AM.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    This combination of live sports events and big games on TV is why the MLS Cup will get berried when it comes to media coverage, without Becks and company it will be lucky to get a mention on the nightly sports cycle and beyond the usual footy writers. Regardless I am looking forward to this match and enjoying one last night out at BMO in 2010.

Friday, 19 Nov 2010 Houston at Raptors 7:00 PM
    Sat, 20 Nov 2010 Maple Leafs at Canadiens 7:00 PM
    Sun 21 Nov 2010 Boston at Raptors 1:00 PM
    Sun 21 Nov 2010 CFL East Final, Toronto at Montreal 1:00 PM
    Sun 21 Nov 2010 CFL West Final Saskatchewan at Calgary 4:30 PM
    Sun 21 Nov 2010 Sunday Night Football Giants at Eagles
    Mon 22 Nov 2010 Stars Maple Leafs 7:00 PM
    straw, blue or rasp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why we shouldn't throw rotten tomatoes at Jeff Cunningham...

Why we should not throw tomatoes at Jeff Cunningham on Sunday...

On the theory that William Faulkner was onto something when he wrote that "the past is not dead, it's not even past"....

It's not obvious that Cunny will play Sunday. He didn't yesterday. But if he does, I think polite applause is called for.

When he came here he was initially paired with Dichio (the "fast and the furious"), and they looked like dynamite. Cunny got tons of chances, did score a bit, probably should have had a few more, but they were only together for maybe 8 games before he and DD (and O'Brien and everyone else) got hurt midsummer. (Painful to think that the June 2007 team might have been our best team so far.)

Cunny was supposed to be done for the year in 2007, he had hernia surgery, but he actually came back for a few games at the end of 2007. It seemed dumb, the season was done by then. Part of it was, while Cunny was out, Mo implied in a press conference that Cunny was being a diva about the injury and was staying out too long. Who knows, but we certainly can say that many credible players, such as Robbo, have been unusually willing to go public with their grievances with Mo, so we know Mo played rough. In any case, it seems to me that a hernia operation is a serious thing, and Cunny coming back at all that year, for a last place team, says positive things, not negative things, about his attitude.

Next year Carver comes in. First game, Cunny wins a PK, but Carver lets Samuel take it. Cunny is pissed and the infamous series of photos showing him with his hands on his hips during and after the missed PK come out afterwards. That's when the hate for him really started around here. But it has to be said, while he shouldn't have done that, Cunny was right to be pissed - time has shown that Carver was an idiot for favouring Samuel over Cunny.

The story for the rest of Cunny's short stay here is more about Carver than Cunny. Carver completely misused Cunny. He used him as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 which no one else has done with the guy before or since. It was obviously dumb. It played a huge role in Cunny's lack of production here in 2008.

As for the missed sitter against Montreal, what can you say? Strikers miss sitters. It happens. Carver calling him out publicly after the game made us feel better, but it's just more evidence of where the problem really was - it wasn't something a good manager does.

As for the bad attitude rap, what's the compelling evidence for that? Putting your hands on your hips? Didier Drogba does that. I think Cunny is a bit of a goofball and a strange guy, RSL ran him off, I know, and he said some weird things to the media here, but did Cunny really stop trying? Or was he just frustrated at the lack of service in a hopeless formation/situation? I think the general love-in with Carver at the time seriously clouded our view of the truth.

TFC supporters, what I am saying is this: *like everyone else associated with TFC, we were wrong about they guy. He is a great scorer, and both Mo and Carver blew it with him. We piled on and helped make it easy for those guys to get rid of him, rather than addressing the real problem with the team at that time. We were blinded by Mo's initial success at bringing in players, which seems more lucky than smart now, and by Carver's seeming (but not actual) competence.

There's no reason to hate Jeff Cunningham, then or now.** * *
    Last edited by ensco; 11-15-2010 at 09:00 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict massive ratings for this game. Garber must be ready to cry. An MLS Cup consisting of two of their least supported franchises, playing hundreds of miles away from either city, in Canada. LOL.

- Scott
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 11-15-2010 at 09:15 AM.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I predict massive ratings for this game. Garber must be ready to cry. An MLS Cup consisting of two of their least supported franchises, playing in Canada. LOL.

- Scott
    yup -on a chilly rainy night bu the lake. I'm staying home- bollocks to it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ ensco's argument has logic. But, as a football fan I am not governed by logic. I'm going to boo Cunningham like he stole my girlfriend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    An MLS Cup consisting of two of their least supported franchises, playing hundreds of miles away from either city, in Canada. LOL.

- Scott
    +1 LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this final interests me the most if that makes sense.
    i wouldn't want to watch the sounders/crew/galaxy/red bulls play out of spite, but these two teams legitimately deserve being there and are going to bust their asses to win. should make for some entertaining footy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should do a pool on what the ridiculously overstated announced attendance will be.

21,350 - amazing! [butts in seats 11,000]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    this final interests me the most if that makes sense.
    i wouldn't want to watch the sounders/crew/galaxy/red bulls play out of spite, but these two teams legitimately deserve being there and are going to bust their asses to win. should make for some entertaining footy.
    Yup... looking forward to seeing some good MLS soccer at BMO for a change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we can really see how good the MLS$ publicity machine is. Sure they can promote the Leafs no problem, but can they promote an event people are not interested in?

I don't think they spent a lot of money to bring the MLS cup to Toronto and with 18K seats already sold, it's gonna turn a profit. So from that standpoint, mission accomplished. But the optics will be horrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about you guys, but FC Dallas for me has been the most entertaining team to watch this year. I would've preferred someone other then Colorado but FC Dallas is more then good enough to be in the finals. Going to be fun watching Dallas walk all over Colorado.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    We should do a pool on what the ridiculously overstated announced attendance will be.

21,350 - amazing! [butts in seats 11,000]
    My guess is the stadium will be full. It's still the MLS Cup.

I think it's the TV numbers that will be pathetic.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's All Star bowling on Sunday night....major scheduling conflict!!!