Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been discussed before. The assumption is people wearing blue. They are not painting the seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Not sure if this is politics or construction related but if folks are checking out the construction, I'd keep an eye out for paint cans.

This is the official 2016 Argos' Season Ticket page. I assume the fans are dressed in Blue hiding the Red seats? Artist rendition of course but this was vetted by their Marketing department presumably.

http://argosatbmofield.ca
    We've been through this before.

They simply took the original TFC render and changed the red to blue. See below. Notice the scarf has had its colour changed, same flags been waved and dude on his cell phone.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 12-05-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice rendering of the 2nd tier of seats in the south stand. One day that added south stand will be required for all TFC games. We'll see how the team progresses this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC hypothetically makes a deep playoff run next year (just humour me), the extra seats for the Grey Cup will definitely come in handy. A packed BMO with 40k fans and the roof would be something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if the extra seats for the GC will be red? Or do they add a wee bit of blue to humour the Argos.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I hope they fail with attendance and you can see the bright red bleed through.
    They barely acknowledge TFC, the true tenants. They were also the only Toronto team who didnt wish us luck in the playoffs on twitter or fb.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    God I hope they fail with attendance and you can see the bright red bleed through.
    They barely acknowledge TFC, the true tenants. They were also the only Toronto team who didnt wish us luck in the playoffs on twitter or fb.
    All I care about is the pitch. I don't care if they fail in attendance or not... Hope they don't.
    As for social media, don't mind them... It's an organization run by the old, catered to the old.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Probably a good call by them. They would get such nasty comments from their loyal followers in response to a "good luck to TFC" post on Twitter and/or Facebook, it would just make it worse. Hopefully it settles down over time.

Back to the FIELD & CONSTRUCTION: For Argos games, they'll probably put big blue banners all over the place, covering some of the TFC symbols & colours. Maybe they'll even get blue seat covers for unsold seats??? IF they're careful it shouldn't be a problem for us. But yes I'm the most worried about the pitch quality. If they're putting pesticides on the grass now, that tells me they're not replacing the pitch. I was hoping for a serious grass upgrade to something more durable. I hope they're getting help from the top experts. I'm afraid they're not.

I can't find the links that were posted a couple of months ago, about a US expert who says with the latest advances in natural turf installation & maintenance, even gridiron & multi-sport use is possible with excellent results. He was working in the west or mid-west US. Does anybody recall?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are home games starting in may again, or at the normal early-march.
    just ask because it doesn't look they have alot of work to do (compared to last year) with the pace the roof is going up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    just ask because it doesn't look they have alot of work to do (compared to last year) with the pace the roof is going up.
    I don't think anybody really knows. We were told TFC home games would start a couple of months late again, at least as late as last year. Also we're mostly guessing about the amount of work that has to be done. It may be significant beyond the roof. For example, I think there's a massive concrete base below the north end, originally for a stage. That may take a while to remove; then they have to put in a new base & the plastic turf for the Argo's north end of the field; then build what ever removable terrace they will put there for TFC games.

Who knows what else still has to happen... I was hoping they would finally winterize all the plumbing; put proper heating into the washrooms; fix the west side concourse drainage problems; replace the pitch with a more durable type of grass; etc???

The weather this Nov. / Dec. is much better than last year. Perhaps MLS will give them scheduling flexibility: if work progresses faster than expected due to good weather, perhaps the road trip can be shortened???

Since we're hearing very few details from the club, we're really just guessing anyway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Manning and others have mentioned May start again.

And based on last season, there will be posts in here at the beginning of April saying it won't be ready.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep on our home start being as late as this year. Same construction time. We won't have long before the true groundshare begins.

@Auzzy, feel free to find the links again. I'd welcome a positive review but at the time the links were first presented I found shots of the grounds in question of the same year that I found unacceptable. I am no expert so I can't deem it "excellent' or not with authority. I just know what I and others have found shameful at other grounds over the years.

Again if you find new links I'll be happy to look at a possible game changer. I have zero faith that people making these decisions and I share an opinion on what's excellent.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome aerial photo of BMO ^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I don't think anybody really knows. We were told TFC home games would start a couple of months late again, at least as late as last year. Also we're mostly guessing about the amount of work that has to be done. It may be significant beyond the roof. For example, I think there's a massive concrete base below the north end, originally for a stage. That may take a while to remove; then they have to put in a new base & the plastic turf for the Argo's north end of the field; then build what ever removable terrace they will put there for TFC games.

Who knows what else still has to happen... I was hoping they would finally winterize all the plumbing; put proper heating into the washrooms; fix the west side concourse drainage problems; replace the pitch with a more durable type of grass; etc???

The weather this Nov. / Dec. is much better than last year. Perhaps MLS will give them scheduling flexibility: if work progresses faster than expected due to good weather, perhaps the road trip can be shortened???

Since we're hearing very few details from the club, we're really just guessing anyway.
    at this rate, the ground may not freeze much at all. should be able to keep working right through winter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year the MLS schedule came out Jan 7th. I imagine the same thing will happen this year which means the schedule is mostly completed already and now they are trouble shooting it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in the Day PB told us about how complicated the scheduling is.
    Think of all the things that impact TFC and CNE grounds...
    Indy
    The Ex
    Marathon
    Caribbean Festival
    Marathon/Triathlon
    Construction for us again. (BMO and Gardiner)
    Things like PanAm.
    Now the Argos too...

and every other city basically has similar things to deal with.
    throw in FIFA dates, gold cup, etc etc...

it's extremely hard to get the schedule put together.

Places like the LA Galaxy have crazy mid-week restrictions because of the School by-laws.
    and add the TV partners desires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Back in the Day PB told us about how complicated the scheduling is.
    Think of all the things that impact TFC and CNE grounds...
    Indy
    The Ex
    Marathon
    Caribbean Festival
    Marathon/Triathlon
    Construction for us again. (BMO and Gardiner)
    Things like PanAm.
    Now the Argos too...

and every other city basically has similar things to deal with.
    throw in FIFA dates, gold cup, etc etc...

it's extremely hard to get the schedule put together.

Places like the LA Galaxy have crazy mid-week restrictions because of the School by-laws.
    and add the TV partners desires.
    this partly why it makes me worry that much more now sharing with Argos, you put in playoffs and things like Concacaf Champions League....can you really guarantee the field will be in good condition if Argos play on Sunday and all of a sudden TFC need to play on Wednesday Concacaf Champions League? or what about playoffs? notice how the dates of MLS playoff games were booked in advance on what days teams would play a playoff game, no matter what stadium you played at meaning there was some MLS playoff games that were booked for Saturdays, other weeks Sundays, and every single team played on that day. What if Argos happened to have a home playoff game on Saturday in November and MLS games scheduled for that same weekend on the Sunday and it turns out TFC is home that sunday?? (or vise versa)..............look at this years MLS and CFL playoff games schedule, it could happen. Can they really guarantee lines will be removed during TFC games or that the grass is in good condition???? looks complicated and could screw us TFC fans. Seattle Sounders even played a game this year on Seahawk grid Iron lines, and also in passed seasons played on Seahawks grid iron field because of playoff dates.
    Last edited by james; 12-09-2015 at 03:55 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And don't forget Rugby. That happened every year for a while now.

So we'll be able to enjoy May pretty much.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/dpint01/status/673590627607662592

https://twitter.com/dpint01/status/673590632129146880

Few photos i posted on twitter a couple days ago.

Also: Ivan K ‏@Kam_Ivan Dec 7 I can confirm what @dpint01 told me yesterday... Seats in the southend at BMO will be removable, NOT retractable. #tfc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    https://twitter.com/dpint01/status/673590627607662592

https://twitter.com/dpint01/status/673590632129146880

Few photos i posted on twitter a couple days ago.

Also: Ivan K ‏@Kam_Ivan Dec 7 I can confirm what @dpint01 told me yesterday... Seats in the southend at BMO will be removable, NOT retractable. #tfc
    Are they in the process of removing the North stand in that second pic? Can't remember if they decided to remove that stand all together or replace it with retractable seats?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FC_Hali View Post
    Are they in the process of removing the North stand in that second pic? Can't remember if they decided to remove that stand all together or replace it with retractable seats?
    The north stand will be going, its basically a steel frame left up right now. They might have a couple rows at the front of the patio/party deck (whatever they call it) but that isn't clear right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Last year the MLS schedule came out Jan 7th. I imagine the same thing will happen this year which means the schedule is mostly completed already and now they are trouble shooting it.
    We agree Pint that the schedule was released in January.
    But unfortunately, almost half the games did not have a time (TBD).
    It was around February 10 that the TBD times were given while some other scheduled times were changed too.
    TV coverage always seem to impact match times?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are not seriously going to shorten the southend.... ( even if its for one season that's not cool)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the roof going to cover the light greys? The supports see to come up short

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few photos from this morning: http://imgur.com/a/xXxtC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    A few photos from this morning: http://imgur.com/a/xXxtC