Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I moved to Montreal and still renew. I guess I'm pretty crazy
    Wow - you need VIA Rail to restore the overnight train!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we know the plausible dates for the play off game?
    I need ot make sure i have the day off or get it off

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between the fact that they have thousands of seats to sell, time of year (it's going to be cold/blustery or worse) and the likelihood of high prices .. I feel confident that absolutely every non SSH who wants to go to a playoff game will be able to go.

I suspect it'll be $100 or more a seat, and will give a lot of people pause.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Between the fact that they have thousands of seats to sell, time of year (it's going to be cold/blustery or worse) and the likelihood of high prices .. I feel confident that absolutely every non SSH who wants to go to a playoff game will be able to go.

Itll be interesting to see if they price themselves out of a full house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    dependent on a ton of things. The dates it could conceivably be are 28th,29th, 31st, 1st, 6th, 7th.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    If the Jays make it past the Royals, we could potentially be going up against a Jays playoff game on either or Oct 28th or Nov 1st (depending on where we land). I really hope that's not the case. Would be good for those looking for tickets on teh secondary market I suppose.

You know, I hope they don't go up against the Jays. The really interesting question that will be answered is whether Toronto FC can draw the casual fan to an outdoor playoff game in October if the weather is less than ideal.

Two sides can be easily argued.

1) It would be a packed house. An event for the casual fan and what the die hard lives for… MLS Success.

2) It would be like New England or a CONCACAF game. A non-event for the casual fan if it was bad weather or inconvenient to get to. MLS Playoffs? Is Beckham still playing?

Not going up against the Jays would definitively determine what level of support exists for TFC within the casual Toronto Sports Market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Haha I freaked out over this because I won't be renewing because I'll be starting law school in the UK and I'll miss every game from mid to late August on.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Playoff dates:
    October 28 or 29 (if we finish 3rd or 4th, game at home, 5th or 6th on road)
    November 1 (away game if we finish 2nd, Home game if we finish 3-6th)
    November 8 (home game if we finish 2nd, away game if we finish 3-6th)

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    dependent on a ton of things. The dates it could conceivably be are 28th,29th, 31st, 1st, 6th, 7th.
    There are no playoff games on October 31, and November 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    There are no playoff games on October 31, and November 6
    Shit, must have read it wrong when it came out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

djcuse already has more details above, but here's the general schedule link if you're interested:

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-so...layoff-picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my colleagues also mentioned that the raptors have their opening game on the 28th. If we finish 3rd/4th and have a home game, I'd imagine MLSE petitioning the league for the game to be on the 29th. TFC/Jays/Raptors all on the same night seems ridiculous.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    One of my colleagues also mentioned that the raptors have their opening game on the 28th. If we finish 3rd/4th and have a home game, I'd imagine MLSE petitioning the league for the game to be on the 29th. TFC/Jays/Raptors all on the same night seems ridiculous.
    Yeh the 28th would be a World Series game at the AL team ie Blue Jays and the Raptors season opener, so MLSE, TFC and MLS Wouod move stupid not to move such a gsme back a night.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the playoff pussplop tickets thread but because of them tying them into renewals we have the snow over of results over info about next years stadium reno and moves. It's insulting.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I would hope they don't overprice the tickets. Ok, some people will pay more as they are "playoffs" and its the first time. But a half full stadium isn't going to be the "12th man" that TFC need on the field - they NEED to have a full house of screaming insane TFC fans packed into the corners of the stadium.

Let's hope they are sensible about prices on this occasion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I would hope they don't overprice the tickets. Ok, some people will pay more as they are "playoffs" and its the first time. But a half full stadium isn't going to be the "12th man" that TFC need on the field - they NEED to have a full house of screaming insane TFC fans packed into the corners of the stadium.

Let's hope they are sensible about prices on this occasion.
    No chance whatsoever. That's not the primary concern.

What they "need" is to price them high for non SSH, because they "need" to show SSH that there is value in being an SSH.

It's a do loop that'll lead to 15000 being there, once you factor in weather etc.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man in theory, if we make it to the conference finals, the home match will be quite cold!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Haha I freaked out over this because I won't be renewing because I'll be starting law school in the UK and I'll miss every game from mid to late August on.
    Best of luck! No such lofty reason for me ... I'm not renewing because I spend too many of my weekends out of Toronto and scheduling my life around TFC home games has been a headache for the last few years. I'll still go to a decent number of games, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG Please let us finish 2nd! I have to be out of town on November 1st. I've waited so long for this and I would be heart broken to miss it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    OMG Please let us finish 2nd! I have to be out of town on November 1st. I've waited so long for this and I would be heart broken to miss it.
    Seconded. I'm in Montreal that weekend to see some friends at Mcgill and I'd hate to have to cut it short and do that six hour bus back sunday morning to watch us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we'll get the 29th if we host a wild card. They'd be huge dicks not to give it to us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we'll get the 29th if we host a wild card. They'd be huge dicks not to give it to us.
    It has everything to do with what the TV networks in the USA want to do, and nothing to do with what else is happening in Toronto that day, or who has the largest genitalia.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    It has everything to do with what the TV networks in the USA want to do, and nothing to do with what else is happening in Toronto that day, or who has the largest genitalia.
    I partially agree, but I think it's lessened for mid week wild card games where to be honest it's six one half a dozen of the other.

Having a World Series game 1, a basketball home opener and a MLS playoff game on the same night would be painful for the city's gridlock. I'm sure its already on the radar and the league would help us out if that lined up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a World Series game 1, a basketball home opener and a MLS playoff game on the same night would be painful for the city's gridlock. I'm sure its already on the radar and the league would help us out if that lined up.
    I disagree. Not sure how it's much different from when there's been a sold-out Blue Jays game, a sold-out concert at ACC, and a full stadium at BMO Field - which has happened before.

It will come down to which timeslots have the biggest potential US TV audience, and which game will attract the most viewers. As there is no baseball on Thursday October 28, I suspect the biggest match-ups will be on that day. What might work in our favour, is that Bradley and Altidore might get more TV interest than Columbus Crew or Sporting Kansas. Though if Montreal plays Toronto, I'd think Wednesday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    In this case, no it does not. All knockout games are being broadcast by UniMas. They will have two games on Wednesday, two on Thursday. They don't really care which teams are on which day, it's just gonna be an East matchup at 7/8 PM, followed by a West game.

If TFC did end up having to deal with a World Series game 1 and NBA season opener in their city on the same day, they would obviously be given priority to have their game on Thursday. Nothing to worry about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO field in November.

Shiver me timbers, button up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just logged into my account manager, invoice for Playoffs and 2016 Renewal has been posted. Prices have gone up significantly. My two in 111 went from about ~240 to ~320. First payment for payment plan is due November 6th.

Also, it appears we only have until October 22nd to secure the playoff tickets! "Due Date 22 October 2015"

Last edited by GreatWhiteNorth; 10-16-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://seasonseats.torontofc.ca/renew.php

So can we call this tied selling? Although I guess you can pay for just the playoff seats since they are a separate invoice. But yeah, the email still makes it sound like you need to do both.

My seat in 111 went from 228 to 323. Playoff tickets are $40 each. I guess they do want an empty stadium for the playoffs.
    Last edited by magmadragon; 10-16-2015 at 03:52 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Just logged into my account manager, invoice for Playoffs and 2016 Renewal has been posted. Prices have gone up significantly. My two in 111 went from about ~240 to ~320. First payment for payment plan is due November 6th.

Also, it appears we only have until October 22nd to secure the playoff tickets! "Due Date 22 October 2015"

Wow that's quite the jump....they looking to see even more empty seats next year? With the plentiful availability of seats for every game from different outlets I really wonder how they could have the nerve to do that...just because they make the playoffs once.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    In this case, no it does not. All knockout games are being broadcast by UniMas. They will have two games on Wednesday, two on Thursday. They don't really care which teams are on which day, it's just gonna be an East matchup at 7/8 PM, followed by a West game.

If TFC did end up having to deal with a World Series game 1 and NBA season opener in their city on the same day, they would obviously be given priority to have their game on Thursday. Nothing to worry about.
    Well, there's hope then. Though it would only be because of pressure from TSN. I think you give them all too much credit for actually giving a shit about the impact on the city!