Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Protest didn't last long, but it grabbed some attention from media, Montreal owner (Joey Saputo) and Thomas Rongen. A lot of people were standing there and taking pictures.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    How did the protest at gate 4 go?
    it seems that Larsen is mad at the fans for protesting at the player exit
    Kurtis Larson can go fuck a truck. Seriously, the guy has approached troll status for me. So completely off-base on so many things. I almost responded to one of his tweets, but then remembered, don't feed the troll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Kurtis Larson can go fuck a truck. Seriously, the guy has approached troll status for me. So completely off-base on so many things. I almost responded to one of his tweets, but then remembered, don't feed the troll.
    The problem is that in this case the troll is generally believed to be a respected journalist (because he was at one time), and so his trolling could actually do damage by affecting the opinions of less knowledgeable people

Also I read this on Larson's twitter:
    Mariner: The type of football we’ve played this year with the players we’ve got is nowhere near the type of football I want to play.

This guy's bullshit never ends. The football we're currently playing looks pretty similar to what we were playing when Mariner was going on about how fantastic we are

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Protest didn't last long, but it grabbed some attention from media, Montreal owner (
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Joey Saputo) and Thomas Rongen. A lot of people were standing there and taking pictures.

What did their reactions appear to be, particularly, what was Rongen's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thomas Rongen and Joey Saputo didn't react much (they both looked like they had places to go and couldn't just stop to look at signs).

Nigel Reed clap his hand to protesters while some girl from some radio station was interviewing couple of protesters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Rachel girl who does stupid promotions during the game and interviews on TFC TV was watching (and maybe taking pictures like some of MLSE staff like their security guards) of protest inside building (Gate 4 entrance).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The banner setup looked great. Kudos to all who worked on making them.
    Was nice to see Red Thunder make an appearance. Really brought some energy to the event.

For those who didn't make the 90th Minute Party:

Mariner was boo'd when introduced. Kept his speech short and didn't mingle with the crowd
    DeKlerk got a raucous ovation and was mingling a lot as per usual.

When Players were introduced crowd started chanting "It's Not Your Fault, It's Not Your Fault"
    Torsten and Danny were there both. The latter was very visible and interacting with the crowd, Torsten not so much. Was hardly visible TBH.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    The problem is that in this case the troll is generally believed to be a respected journalist (because he was at one time), and so his trolling could actually do damage by affecting the opinions of less knowledgeable people
    I know, it's sad. Luckily we've had some more sensible articles & tweets this past week from Molinaro, Dobson, De Vos, Forrest, etc. Some of those guys also have problematic opinions, I know (about Cochrane, for example). But still, it's something that these guys haven't all been deluded by the price drop at least, and they don't hassle supporters when they show their frustation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

Mariner was boo'd when introduced. Kept his speech short and didn't mingle with the crowd

When Players were introduced crowd started chanting "It's Not Your Fault, It's Not Your Fault"
    Torsten and Danny were there both. The latter was very visible and interacting with the crowd, Torsten not so much. Was hardly visible TBH.
    I didn't make the party - but I don't like that folks chanted "It's not your fault" at the players. Are we honestly convinced the guys on the pitch bear no responsibility for this season? I suppose it's good to let them know that the brunt of our frustration and anger is with management, not them.

The only guy who gets off the hook for my money, is Kocic, because a keeper can only do so much short of being a psychic.

Anyway, the banner setup today was terrific. That Larsen is indignant about the display only convinces me further that it was good.

- Scott
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 10-20-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my take was that the "not your fault" chant was for Frings when he apologized for the shitty season, and said they'd work for a better 2013.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    The banner setup looked great. Kudos to all who worked on making them.
    Was nice to see Red Thunder make an appearance. Really brought some energy to the event.

Torsten was actually out on the patio chatting with everyone while Danny was inside.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I didn't make the party - but I don't like that folks chanted "It's not your fault" at the players. Are we honestly convinced the guys on the pitch bear no responsibility for this season? I suppose it's good to let them know that the brunt of our frustration and anger is with management, not them.

The only guy who gets off the hook for my money, is Kocic, because a keeper can only do so much short of being a psychic.

Anyway, the banner setup today was terrific. That Larsen is indignant about the display only convinces me further that it was good.

- Scott
    I for one was thank-full for the it's not your fault chant....it was a nice release of tension after Booing Mariner and although I'm not in favour of keeping him, I'd prefer simply silence when he was introduced as he knew it was coming and man it was squeamish,...you know he was hurt...I don't want to hurt him just lose him....BUT the main point is all the players looked like they were lining up for an enema when they came out on to the stage...man they looked uncomfortable SOOO when people started that chant it loosened them up a bit and actually caught some of them with relief smiles.....meeting most of them it'd hard not to realise that these guys are mostly very young men,...many of them also don't have the answers either...I mean WHO are their mentors ?.... most of the guys seemed to really loosen up after intermingling with the people....I firmly believe most of our kids would kick ass with a mentor and respectful coach........troubled with Stinson because I seemed to get a feeling of doubt when asking about next year...
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tfc_protest1.jpgtfc_protest2.jpgtfc_protest3.jpgtfc_protest4.jpg

some photos the Missus took at Gate 4

Hopefully we get some more good media traction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    tfc_protest1.jpgtfc_protest2.jpgtfc_protest3.jpgtfc_protest4.jpg

some photos the Missus took at Gate 4

Hopefully we get some more good media traction.
    Is that Thomas Rongen in the third picture?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark, you should have asked Anselmi as a businessman, if your employee took 6 years to learn a job, keep failing at it, when would he have fired that guy.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a shame how many people TALK about wanting to be part of a protest, wanting to push for changes and whatnot, and yet barely two dozen of us actually bother to show up and stand up for what we believe in. Apathy is running this club down to its ashes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    It's a shame how many people TALK about wanting to be part of a protest, wanting to push for changes and whatnot, and yet barely two dozen of us actually bother to show up and stand up for what we believe in. Apathy is running this club down to its ashes.
    ^THIS

I am too drunk to responsibly contribute more.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    ^THIS

I am too drunk to responsibly contribute more.

I Guess this signals the end of the supporters groups as we know it.....outdone by Montreal supporters/ couldnt band together for a protest, do you guys even know what you stand for any more

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    The people that attended were 2 dozen? The number that were involved on fb were 52? The amount of people contributing supporting that message was comparable (between 24 and 50)

Honestly, to get half the people talking about it there it's not that negative a turnout.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got some traction in the Toronto Sun.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/20...in-home-finale

The anger then made its way to BMO Field’s main entrance after the match as a group of protesters once again gathered with signs that called out the club’s top brass.

The actions of a few dedicated supporters IS making a difference.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I think we’ve got the best fans in the league,” said midfielder Terry Dunfield, whose consistent performance in 2012 has been one of club’s few bright spots. “One hundred per cent they deserve better than what they’ve seen this year. I believe that the organization is moving in the right direction and there’s no other place I’d rather be.”

Some hardcore supporters at the south end of BMO Field disagree. They made their opinions known with signs such as “MLSE are crooks,” a reference to club owner Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, and “2011=New Vision, 2012=No Vision.”
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...inal-home-game

Apathy is the death of passion, and I'm happy to see that passionate fans still give a damn about this club.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

After being very pissed at Larson yesterday, I'm happy he acknowledges here that the protests were directed against the top brass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post

The only reason it says its called out the top brass is because I had to explain it to him on twitter when he thought it was meant for the players...i am glad he got it right in his article!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    The only reason it says its called out the top brass is because I had to explain it to him on twitter when he thought it was meant for the players...i am glad he got it right in his article!
    Thanks for trying to influence Larson! I've given up. I mean, he posts pictures with the two biggest banners clearly reading "2011 = New Vision ; 2012 = No Vision" and claims that it will "touch" the players. I assume the players can read & will understand the banners in 1 second, unlike Larson. Plus even if they were "touched" the players know the season was shit, they know they didn't play well, and they know they're around the 150th player to have been signed with TFC over 6 years so fans really can't be taking things too personal. As a player, I would be MUCH more worried if nobody was protesting after a season like that.

In the meantime, Larson has been tweeting that 16k in the stands looked accurate yesterday. I'm in section 225, and the west stands were much fuller than the east stands as even Larson admits. Yet only about 1/2 the seats in my section were occupied. The stadium was less than half full overall. He claims the east stands were 3/5 full. The guy has lost it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the guys that showed up I applaud you. It was an honour to be in this with you.
    I'm sure those that didn't make it have good excuses.
    The 1010 interview should be on around 12.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    I Guess this signals the end of the supporters groups as we know it.....outdone by Montreal supporters/ couldnt band together for a protest, do you guys, even know what you stand for any more

so you're not a supporter?.......you're calling out other people??
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-21-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was a better turn out then last week,

no matter how small the group a statement was made and noticed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    To the guys that showed up I applaud you. It was an honour to be in this with you.
    I'm sure those that didn't make it have good excuses.
    The 1010 interview should be on around 12.
    funny that , that reporter went right to the Irishman , to get a quote,...lol,...and glad she did , I personally would have been lost for words and would have been probably too negative,.....good job,...did you lay out a complete game plan ,......you two had quite the conversation. The best I could do is after track down the players ( our future hopes) and tell them we were behind them all the way,..they were so apprehensive at the initial intro's. god I hope we use them next year, they are great young men...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    funny that , that reporter went right to the Irishman , to get a quote,...lol,...and glad she did , I personally would have been lost for words and would have been probably too negative,.....good job,...did you lay out a complete game plan ,......you two had quite the conversation. The best I could do is after track down the players ( our future hopes) and tell them we were behind them all the way,..they were so apprehensive at the initial intro's. god I hope we use them next year, they are great young men...
    At first I was nervous and probably sounded like an idiot. I think I pulled it tougher at the end.
    I think someone sent her to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    At first I was nervous and probably sounded like an idiot. I think I pulled it tougher at the end.
    I think someone sent her to me.
    That was me and someone else (CodeRed?), we wanted to keep the message exactly the same as the one you gave Tom on Friday or else the whole thing starts to unravel a little. I'll stand with any one of you without hesitation should the need arise again. See you all in the stands next year, hopefully with something to get behind by then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big THANK YOU to Mark (Belfast) for driving this on and to all who stood with us these past 2 weeks. I firmly believe that we got the message across and got decent media attention, given the small number.

MLSE needs to worry also that the apathy among the supporters
    a) allowed rivals to take over "our house" without any reaction from the south stand until the smoke bomb.Even then it was half-hearted.
    b)that only 25-30 of the SGs were angry and passionate enough to demonstrate.

Thanks and see you next season. Let's hope that we see change, cos if not and if this is still a shitshow next season, we'll still be there to hold Tom's feet to the fire so the cowerd has to exit thru the North stand as he apparently did yesterday.