Page 54 of 174 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 5193
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Same. I think he had a brief run of form in MLS when he was starter quality but for the most part looks overrated.

The mental gymnastics required to say this guy is actually contributing as a starter (or is capable of contributing as a starter) get more complicated by the day.
    He contributed for a year at LAFC as a starter.

I think the issue with him is that he is a system guy. He fits the BB system good and can be effective when healthy. First he needs to get & stay healthy, secondly we have to hope BB's system works and he is successful because if we dump him and bring in a new manager with a new system the chances of Kaye working out start to lower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that the World Cup is over and Costa Rica are champions or whatever, maybe we can do one of those signing things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He contributed for a year at LAFC as a starter.

I think the issue with him is that he is a system guy. He fits the BB system good and can be effective when healthy. First he needs to get & stay healthy, secondly we have to hope BB's system works and he is successful because if we dump him and bring in a new manager with a new system the chances of Kaye working out start to lower.
    And that’s (LAFC, for that year) when he was at his best. Now? I find him very underwhelming.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 12-01-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that’s (LAFC, for that year) when he was at his best. Now? I find him very underwhelming.
    But it would be hard to call him healthy at all this year. He was bad in Colorado but so was everybody else this year.

Have to see him next year, hopefully healthy, and not surrounded by so many youths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But it would be hard to call him healthy at all this year. He was bad in Colorado but so was everybody else this year.

Have to see him next year, hopefully healthy, and not surrounded by so many youths.
    To me the thing is, for what he’s paid, I compare him to Osorio. While less healthy lately, Oso raises the play whenever he’s on the field (youth players or not).

Kaye, there seem to be endless reasons why it’s not his day. He’s not fit, the formation isn’t right, there are too many youth players, etc… I don’t know if I care to see next year to make a judgment. He’s already put up enough “meh” performances where I think I’ve seen enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a MAK skeptic, too, and questioned the signing but at this point he isn't moving on and will have a clean slate next season. If he still looks off for the first 6 months we can think about replacing him, but I do think it's worth giving him some time with an off season behind him fully fit and concentrating on TFC before writing him off. Do I think he'll start justifying the price we paid? Probably not, but let's give him the clean slate run to prove it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAK is a system player. the way herdman uses him basically negates all his strengths and exposes his weaknesses.

in a bob bradley team with a creative mid next to him he can put up elite numbers in MLS, why he was a highly coveted player by 2 teams who made big efforts to get him.

he was a borderline allstar in all his years in LA and was part of the best colorado team in ages in 2021.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso wanted to wait until after the World Cup to decide on his TFC future. Not sure his stock rose any with the minutes he got and what he did with it. Assuming he will be back with TFC now. Haven't heard anything from anywhere. Just speculating since he didn't light it up at the WC like he hoped he would to get some notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Oso wanted to wait until after the World Cup to decide on his TFC future. Not sure his stock rose any with the minutes he got and what he did with it. Assuming he will be back with TFC now. Haven't heard anything from anywhere. Just speculating since he didn't light it up at the WC like he hoped he would to get some notice.
    I still think he could go to Europe but not to a league or to a team at the level he was hoping for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For MAK....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Yes, in some ways you kind of almost feel like his value decreased with Canadas pretty bad World Cup Performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Now that the World Cup is over and Costa Rica are champions or whatever, maybe we can do one of those signing things.
    First thing I would do is hire a proper scouting staff since it seems we don't have one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    First thing I would do is hire a proper scouting staff since it seems we don't have one.
    At least now we have Bob's circuit of friends who work or live in weird places. It might not be the best but it's better than relying on Transfermarket or some guy watching YouTube clips of guys who good decent Fifa ratings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Yes, in some ways you kind of almost feel like his value decreased with Canadas pretty bad World Cup Performance.
    Outside of Tajon, I don’t think anyone really increased their stock all that much.

I would go after Adekugbe. Exactly the sort of player we should have playing behind Insigne.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside of Tajon, I don’t think anyone really increased their stock all that much.

I would go after Adekugbe. Exactly the sort of player we should have playing behind Insigne.
    Richie increased his stock big time. He bossed Carrasco for the entirety of that Belgium game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean? We dig deep with our scouting. We watch all the CMNT matches.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    What do you mean? We dig deep with our scouting. We watch all the CMNT matches.
    Plus, we know how to type www.transfermarkt.com into a browser!

LOL quick comment to get a rise out of a few people before I disappear. Yes, I know lots of clubs use Transfermarkt. But better teams don't rely as much on such publicly-availalable sources, because it's hard to get ahead of the pack that way. Yes, you use it, but you have to have additional sources to uncover hidden value or unrealized potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Plus, we know how to type www.transfermarkt.com into a browser!

LOL quick comment to get a rise out of a few people before I disappear. Yes, I know lots of clubs use Transfermarkt. But better teams don't rely as much on such publicly-availalable sources, because it's hard to get ahead of the pack that way. Yes, you use it, but you have to have additional sources to uncover hidden value or unrealized potential.

I did some scouting today and discovered a little known RB named Joshua Kimmich. Kind of feel like his best position might be CM though. Might be worth bringing him in on a TAM deal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a scouting staff in place and they are based in other parts of the world - there was a discussion earlier this offseason by Manning or BB about them all being brought in at least once last year.

How many and where?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Richie increased his stock big time. He bossed Carrasco for the entirety of that Belgium game.
    I dunno. That game did get the most hype of the 3 but he looked not great in game 2. I came away feeling a bit mixed about it.

Maybe I’m wrong here though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack Dodd | Assistant General Manager, Player Personnel & Scouting

Colin Rooney | TFC Scout

Martin Painter | TFC Scout

Matias Etcheberry | TFC Scout

Chris Pozniak | Head of Scouting, TFC Academy

here are some names,but who knows where they are located,probs,euro,SA.NA
    Dejan Jakovic | Academy Assistant Coach former CNMT player?
    Jason Hernandez | Assistant General Manager, Player Personnel, Engagement & Strategy
    Last edited by reggie; 12-01-2022 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt Adekugbe would want to come back so early in his career.

Johnston did really well, hence he's going over to Celtic and will get CL time.
    Miller also played well. Would be shocked if he's in Montreal much longer.

Tajon's stock also increased too and I'd say as well as Kone. Kone will be gone shortly. Those transfer rumours don't go away.

I don't think Osorio looked out of place on the field, but would agree that he's not going to the EPL, La Liga or anything.
    A mid-table Belgian or French team might do him well. Wasn't there talk of him going to Greece as well right before the world cup but he decided to hold off?

Hell even Cavalini played decent and made some decent runs. He didn't embarrass himself.

If anything David's stock fell, but EPL teams are still looking at him. I hope for his sake he makes the right career decision.

I do think Richie played really well too. Still shocked he's not been called back by Forest, especially since they're playing terribly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. That game did get the most hype of the 3 but he looked not great in game 2. I came away feeling a bit mixed about it.

Maybe I’m wrong here though.
    Everyone played badly that game, but I say it was mainly down to tactics.
    They did get a bit of a spark when Cavalini and Osorio came on though.
    Osorio was oh so close to getting a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post

Tajon's stock also increased too and I'd say as well as Kone. Kone will be gone shortly. Those transfer rumours don't go away.

I don't think Osorio looked out of place on the field, but would agree that he's not going to the EPL, La Liga or anything.
    A mid-table Belgian or French team might do him well. Wasn't there talk of him going to Greece as well right before the world cup but he decided to hold off?

Hell even Cavalini played decent and made some decent runs. He didn't embarrass himself.

If anything David's stock fell, but EPL teams are still looking at him. I hope for his sake he makes the right career decision.

I do think Richie played really well too. Still shocked he's not been called back by Forest, especially since they're playing terribly.
    Yes, totally forgot Kone. His stock is going to be very high.

Agreed tactics second game were awful. There were a few snaps of our formation in a few moments and it looks awful, no discipline and you have to wonder what the hell they were thinking.

I will stick by my take of “we’re not THAT talented though”. Croatia’s midfield bossed that game and we were never going to keep up.

I think Johnston was equal parts good and bad. He got absolutely sliced open defensively multiple times and made naive mistakes. But the upside is there.

Agreed, David was the disappointment of the tournament for me but I think Herdman’s tactics are ridiculous at times and it didn’t help him shine.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 12-01-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big question going into the World Cup was how would Canada fare against non Concacaf teams. The answer, not good. This just underscores how far behind Concacaf is compared to Europe and South America.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big question going into the World Cup was how would Canada fare against non Concacaf teams. The answer, not good. This just underscores how far behind Concacaf is compared to Europe and South America.
    they just need more games against good sides, the inexperience at that level for a lot of the players showed.

they were able to be very competitive and create chances in 2/3 games, just couldnt finish in moments and defensive (gk) lapses cost them.

the experience will do them a world of good going forward.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're putting way too much stock into how world cups effect player stock.

these guys are watched week in week out by scouts from every big league in the world, a couple good or bad games won't do much either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    they just need more games against good sides, the inexperience at that level for a lot of the players showed.

they were able to be very competitive and create chances in 2/3 games, just couldnt finish in moments and defensive (gk) lapses cost them.

the experience will do them a world of good going forward.
    Agreed. the average age of the team was 27 and if your remove Borjan, Atiba and Vittoria as they won't see another world cup the average age drops to 25.5. 2026 was always the main objective to try and make a deep run. By that time the majority of the team will be in their prime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone played badly that game, but I say it was mainly down to tactics.
    They did get a bit of a spark when Cavalini and Osorio came on though.
    Osorio was oh so close to getting a goal.
    Oso looked good in his cameo vs Cro. And I loved his compliments of the Cro midfield post game. Classy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Oso looked good in his cameo vs Cro. And I loved his compliments of the Cro midfield post game. Classy.
    I believe he may have even been fouled by Modric!
    That's a highlight memory/story for him.