Page 167 of 191 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how/if this story line plays into Pozuelo wanting to leave Genk...

Belgian league leaders Genk were one of two teams targeted in the latest wave of searches and interrogations linked to the “footballgate” scandal, federal prosecutors said on Wednesday.

“All the people interviewed are involved with the Sporting Lokeren or KRC Genk football clubs or belong to the entourage of 'D.V.',” said the statement, referring to player agent Dejan Veljkovic, one of the suspects in the scandal which erupted in October.

https://www.expatica.com/be/belgian-...investigation/
    http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2...n-intensifies/

Some more background on the story, going back to last year:

https://www.rferl.org/a/serbian-spor.../29540034.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I like both Telfer and Endoh but those guys cant be your starting wingers plus Bradley needs help defending. I dont see how a 4-3-3 would work unless they signed 3 more players at the minimum.

They should play a 4-2-3-1

Auro-Ciman-Mavinga-Morrow
    Fraser (or sign a DM)- Bradley
    Deleon-Pozuelo-Osorio
    Jozy
    That's a pretty decent starting lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 4-2-3-1 makes way more sense as well. Not even sure where Pozuelo would fit in a 4-3-3. He looks like the kind of player who should be in a central attacking mid position. If he played centrally in the middle 3 where does Bradley play? And I think would work well with Jozy, who knows how to make those runs in behind. If we went with that formation I’d love to see a speedy tackler beside Bradley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does chasing Pozuelo around in Belgium mean we haven't made any progress with the other 4 key signings this team needs?

The guy looks good and all and certainly seems like he can make an impact but truthfully is this THE guy worth jumping through flaming hoops for? Personally I think I would be inclined to move on at this point, especially if this is getting in the way of concluding other business. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't see a plan being executed here, and having to read about this saga on a daily basis, while seeing no forward progress by TFC, I am concerned.

Seeing some of these ideas for starting 11s terrifies me. These are not decent 11s. Pozuelo is not going to turn this mashed potato lineup of ours into a hasselback by himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We know that Pozuelo is the DP target and Hanni the likely back up but the lack of rumors for the TAM players worries me.

Jonathan Menendez can't have been the only winger they want in Argentina/South America.

As soon as a foreign club sniffs around a player at a South American club word generally gets out quick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear the Pozuelo chase May be the most fun we are going to have around here for a long time.

I am determined to enjoy it.

Plus I have picked up a few words of Dutch. For instance, the word for “saga” is “saga”.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by 69Chevy396; 02-21-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not fanfare. It's and interview and reporting.

And your original post inferred that it was posters here giving out the fanfare.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    That's not fanfare. It's and interview and reporting.

And your original post inferred that it was posters here giving out the fanfare.
    You inferred wrong

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Fanfare? Who didn’t say he was the replacement for Ricketts?

I hope he is a reliable sub. Ricketts lost his touch last year.
    The earliest media reports that I read opined he was a terrific signing, with tons of potential etc....I never suggested RPB members embraced this, hence my inquiries about him.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus I have picked up a few words of Dutch. For instance, the word for “saga” is “saga”.
    So what do they call the band?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boyd was nothing more than a Ricketts replacement. The media were starved of TFC signing news, so played it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    The earliest media reports that I read opined he was a terrific signing, with tons of potential etc....I never suggested RPB members embraced this, hence my inquiries about him.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear the Pozuelo chase May be the most fun we are going to have around here for a long time.

I am determined to enjoy it.

Why would you think that?

Next year,

---------Altidore - DP Striker (or winger in different formation)
    ---------------Pozuelo
    -----------TAM ---------Osorio
    ---------------Bradley (TAM)
    NEW LB- Mavinga-New CB-NEW RB

Delgado, Auro, Deleon and maybe even Morrow are likely bench players in 2020. Ciman/Moor could both be gone, or at least one of them. I would imagine there would be a lot of changes based on the obvious need to rebuild.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I don't recall any media saying much beyond him being on RBS when they were promoted and moreso about him being basically injured for 2 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I don't recall any media saying much beyond him being on RBS when they were promoted and moreso about him being basically injured for 2 years.
    I provided two examples in my recent post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Why would you think that?

Next year,

---------Altidore - DP Striker (or winger in different formation)
    ---------------Pozuelo
    -----------TAM ---------Osorio
    ---------------Bradley (TAM)
    NEW LB- Mavinga-New CB-NEW RB

Delgado, Auro, Deleon and maybe even Morrow are likely bench players in 2020. Ciman/Moor could both be gone, or at least one of them. I would imagine there would be a lot of changes based on the obvious need to rebuild.
    Love Altidore but unless he wants to make non DP money he is not worth it. Sorry, the last few years he couldn't prove his body wasn't made of glass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Boyd could be one of those gem signings like Mavinga. Lets all give it a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Love Altidore but unless he wants to make non DP money he is not worth it. Sorry, the last few years he couldn't prove his body wasn't made of glass.
    He's had a broken bone in his foot for the past year and a half . If he performs well over the first half of the season, I believe he's worth resigning for 2 years at DP money.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also played injured through all those games, which probably hurt him more. #17 is a TFC Warrior! If we want player loyalty, we have to show the player loyalty!! DP to TAM or whatever he wants, he is a leader. If he is reasonable so should the club be.

That is the dumbest thing about the DP rule, how do you tell a guy hey you aren’t a DP anymore, you helped transform the club and oh now you are just a player.

The league needs to evolve.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-21-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the league cutting a DP slot and increasing overall budget is a sign of things to come. Maybe not too soon it will be one DP and max non DP yearly contracts increasing into the millions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What ever happened to the German Conti rumors a while back? I would kick out moor and ciman and get this guy.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/12...-transfer-news

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I agree with you but finding a 12-15 goal top level striker to give that DP money to is a challenge. If they’re able to replace him with an equal to him that’s healthy I won’t complain lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I agree with you but finding a 12-15 goal top level striker to give that DP money to is a challenge. If they’re able to replace him with an equal to him that’s healthy I won’t complain lol
    At this point, I flat out don't trust our scouting dept./FO to find some as good as Altidore for less than $5m/year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get me Jimmy Marín out of Herediano please Ali Curtis

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the guy Quentin Westberg, mentioned before, will be added to roster soon as 3rd goalkeeper. His flight left Paris earlier in the day via Instagram.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    What ever happened to the German Conti rumors a while back? I would kick out moor and ciman and get this guy.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/12...-transfer-news
    He went to Benfica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well now that the Genk vs Prague game thread is finished, hopefully some real player transfer news will be revealed soon, this lack of comment from TFC is just brutal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So what do they call the band?
    Schijt.

A word they have that we should pick up is “transfersoap”. Like Auzzy said above, the white smoke needs to go into the lexicon here, and so does transfersoap. I intend to use it in any future VV/Seba/Pozo drama....
    Last edited by ensco; 02-22-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfersoap latest: no white smoke today.

FC Pozuelo takes a short break

https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws...uut-niet-.html

For Dimitri De Condé these are difficult days. The technical director of KRC Genk saw his team with 1-4 losses from Slavia Prague and continues to get questions about playmaker Alejandro Pozuelo.
    Until Monday, nothing would move around Pozuelo, which still can go to FC Toronto . "We do want a bit of rest", responds De Condé to Sporza. "There has been too much talk about Pozuelo, we feel like we are becoming FC Pozuelo and we really do not want that, there is more going on here."
    The Condé does not want to forget all the positive about KRC Genk. "We have a high-quality group, a very good technical staff with a very ambitious trainer, a fantastic audience, an enormous amount of togetherness with the board, a great scouting and also the academy works very well."
    In other words: Racing Genk is certainly not FC Pozuelo. "All the words devoted to Pozuelo are currently exaggerated, and the team that is ambitious in the long term and wants to win the title in Belgium will not have to pass by Pozuelo but all these people. on Pozuelo. "
    Last edited by ensco; 02-22-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    He's had a broken bone in his foot for the past year and a half . If he performs well over the first half of the season, I believe he's worth resigning for 2 years at DP money.
    Understand he was carrying that but his injuries hardly start-and-end at that broken foot. Love the guy but the league isn’t going to do any favours for when he’s out of the lineup with hamstring problems or whatever