Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats gross, but yeah even here last game Red at the bottom of 112 we had some first timers. However, after a while they moved because they were complaining and nobody seemed to care...
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This annoying every single game. We need to make this clear to the club and in turn to security.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m a day one SSH in 111 (mid section) and love it. But I’ve never seen the same person in the seats next to me. There is a lot of filming 112 in action, and a whole lot more selfies. You do get the occasional person who asks the correct way to say “ nous chantons les rouges allez” and join in with zest, but that’s a rarity. Many leave at half because the person who
    sold them the tickets didn’t make it clear that we stand the whole game.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    The first 3 rows in 111 sing for sure, can't comment on the rest. I've lost my voice many at time.
    While I can't speak for row 4, those of us in S111 Row 5 take exception to that generalization ---we sing and cheer along heartily for a full 90 or more
    (Except when ChrisFizik looses his place or forgets the words to the ineeb's songs and throws us all off )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Thats gross, but yeah even here last game Red at the bottom of 112 we had some first timers. However, after a while they moved because they were complaining and nobody seemed to care...
    I hear ya. I wish the top were like that. People stroll in 20 minutes late, and never make room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    those of us in S111 Row 5 take exception to that generalization ---we sing and cheer along heartily for a full 90 or more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way anyone/group will get control of their section is to have the club agree that the section(s) are GA and self policed.

I believe the main issue for the club is that there are STH in those sections before the idea of self policing or GA was brought up. Those individuals would say 'this is my seat in this row, that I've paid for', how do you argue with that?

Its not an easy problem to solve.

As for seats well above face even in supporters...if the club allows resale tickets well above face then you can't complain to anyone about it...they even state on the STH resale site that prices may be well over face value...the fully acknowledge it and accept it.

These aren't easy things to find a solution to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    The only way anyone/group will get control of their section is to have the club agree that the section(s) are GA and self policed.

I believe the main issue for the club is that there are STH in those sections before the idea of self policing or GA was brought up. Those individuals would say 'this is my seat in this row, that I've paid for', how do you argue with that?

Its not an easy problem to solve.

As for seats well above face even in supporters...if the club allows resale tickets well above face then you can't complain to anyone about it...they even state on the STH resale site that prices may be well over face value...the fully acknowledge it and accept it.

These aren't easy things to find a solution to.
    Well I mean it is and it isnt.

The club has moved supporters wholesale into two new created sections, they have knocked down a north stands and moved ticket holders elsewhere. They have pissed off fans by changing the dynamics of 114 and 116 to current season seat holders. Now right or wrong they did it.

It would be no problem for them to make it GA. It would just piss a few people off. As they did with other similar moves.

As for face value, the club could easily say tickets in supporters sections cannot be transfered or sold over face. So the club has to want to do it.

Put bluntly, change doesnt happen without ruffling feathers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greekasm View Post
    I’m a day one SSH in 111 (mid section) and love it. But I’ve never seen the same person in the seats next to me. There is a lot of filming 112 in action, and a whole lot more selfies. You do get the occasional person who asks the correct way to say “ nous chantons les rouges allez” and join in with zest, but that’s a rarity. Many leave at half because the person who
    sold them the tickets didn’t make it clear that we stand the whole game.
    We do what we can neighbour, but sometimes it is hard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Row 19
    Seats 8 and 9

On Stub hub for $132 USD each if anyone's looking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Row 19
    Seats 8 and 9

On Stub hub for $132 USD each if anyone's looking.
    Thanks for the tip - I'm 112 row 12. So if I'm 7 rows closer, that's easily worth a dollar a row so the value of mine are around $140USD a piece? Better throw them up there now and make some cash to pay for the seasons I want to get next season....

Sickening. As you mentioned, I would love for the club to intervene and start telling these "members" that they're being relocated and give control of south end tickets to the SGs. Seems super unlikely but I would love it. That way, if we see south ends on stubhub then we'll know who's doing it and can...discuss it with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't post on here very often, but just wanted to say thank you and keep up the good work! I'm a few rows below you in 110, and we really appreciate the atmosphere you help create. I have two tickets right on the aisle. My son is starting to join in and he loves the noise and drums. There are often a lot of extra bodies around us, and it adds to the atmosphere. We try to join in, and the guys in the seats beside us do too, but there are a lot of seats around us that have different bodies every game, so they are not helping.
    Quote Originally Posted by lintberg View Post
    I am one of the drummers at the top of 110, we try and follow 112 and 113 as best we can but can be a beat off once in a while as it's sometimes hard to follow visually.....apologies.
    We do our best to keep things rolling up top, but do find that often people are lacklustre and do not join in the chants all the time. It would be great if we could get a few more drummers in 111/110 to assist!!
    We will keep on with our drumming and singing in the hopes that more and more people join us!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The overcrowding in 112 during last year’s cup run is the reason I bought tickets elsewhere this season. It was becoming dangerous to be in my own seats with at least twice as many people in our row as there were designated seats. I don’t mind the “make room” policy as long as the people I’m making room for recognize they are guest in the section. I don’t care how long you have been showing up, if you don’t have tickets in the section, you are there because ticket holders allow you in. It took me 5 years to move my seats into 112 (thanks to the execs for that). It is hard but not impossible to get supporter seats. If you are in 112 without tickets you should act appropriately.

GA for supporters sections is probably a better system to use but it makes it hard to identify who is in the section without tickets. Overcrowding by 10%-20% is not really an issue. But when it gets to 100% overcrowded the potential for people to get hurt is very real. The FO has no obligation to improve the supporter experience but they are responsible for the safety of their patrons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post
    The overcrowding in 112 during last year’s cup run is the reason I bought tickets elsewhere this season. It was becoming dangerous to be in my own seats with at least twice as many people in our row as there were designated seats. I don’t mind the “make room” policy as long as the people I’m making room for recognize they are guest in the section. I don’t care how long you have been showing up, if you don’t have tickets in the section, you are there because ticket holders allow you in. It took me 5 years to move my seats into 112 (thanks to the execs for that). It is hard but not impossible to get supporter seats. If you are in 112 without tickets you should act appropriately.

GA for supporters sections is probably a better system to use but it makes it hard to identify who is in the section without tickets. Overcrowding by 10%-20% is not really an issue. But when it gets to 100% overcrowded the potential for people to get hurt is very real. The FO has no obligation to improve the supporter experience but they are responsible for the safety of their patrons.

This is gospel.

Also, we miss having you in front of us!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post

Agreed with the danger. TBH I have seats in 112 but always stand in 113 for the space. Come playoffs, I'm back in 112 because I don't want to be moved. It gets crazy in 112, the first 4-5 rows of the stairs is usually full.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say I disagree. After last year's playoffs I haven't been back to the front of 112. You leave your spot at any point (bathroom, beer, halftime) and your seat is filled with 5 randoms. If you can make it back, you feel like you're in a club there's so many people. I'm sure some people love it but I'm just too claustrophobic for that. Even had someone spend the Philly game screaming every song in my ear because he didn't know me and referred to me as a tourist, wanted to know I knew the words...like wtf. Those bottom rows are not the same as it was when I first got down there a few years ago and want no part of it anymore really.

Even if we went GA and they just made sure you were in the section, won't help stop the photoshoppers.

Sucks tho because I try and drift to find space elsewhere but now the upper rows are filled with casuals who want their exact seat, so then I have to scramble around. Hopefully I can get moved up in the stand to get away from this next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Even if we went GA and they just made sure you were in the section, won't help stop the photoshoppers.
    I think this is the question. How do we come up with something fair?

Suggestions friends and I have had.

1) Expand territory in proximity. We have the smallest section. We need more space and we don't want to send people away who want to be a part of what we are doing. We could be breathing life into 113 too.
    2) Set up a booth to get your ticket validated and get a nightclub bracelet that says you're in. No photo shopping, no sneaking in. Bonus is it will encourage supporters to arrive early and make us more accountable over our section.
    3) Hybrid GA - Find a system that encourages everyone to make room. I also see people straddling 2 seats waaaaay to often. forcing others to crush. I also think people would be more likely to make room if they knew everyone there had tickets there.
    4) Make the safety argument. Exactly to TFC John's post above.
    5) Audit the section and find out how many seats are member held. Encourage others to embrace the original intended spirit of the section in a promise of cracking down on randoms.

This may come across as too far gone, but I really would love to hear ideas to make this better. It is rapidly ruining my game day experience and TBH if we can get a block of seats where we are all together, we will likely leave as well.

I remember getting 4 in a row at after a few seasons only to have my rep call me and say the tickets were given away by mistake and asked for them back. I made the mistake of doing what I thought was the right thing. Those tickets next to me are either empty or scalped.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CdnWanderer View Post
    I don't post on here very often, but just wanted to say thank you and keep up the good work! I'm a few rows below you in 110, and we really appreciate the atmosphere you help create. I have two tickets right on the aisle. My son is starting to join in and he loves the noise and drums. There are often a lot of extra bodies around us, and it adds to the atmosphere. We try to join in, and the guys in the seats beside us do too, but there are a lot of seats around us that have different bodies every game, so they are not helping.
    Thanks so much, we appreciate it! We do our best!

There is a second drum that does not get a much use as it's official owner is unable to make it to a lot of games...so if any of you guys want to try your hand at drumming with us...we have an extra pair of drumsticks and would appreciate the help!
    Come on up and chat with us anytime!
    Last edited by lintberg; 11-28-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a day one SSH and and day one RPB with 4 in a row in 112 and I'm tired of being squeezed. One or two added in a row is not bad but in the playoffs it gets bad. I actually didn't enjoy MLS cup last year because of the elbows in my face. I for one don't care if you stand in the isle but stay out of my space. Go to the space you paid for. --my two cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I'm a day one SSH and and day one RPB with 4 in a row in 112 and I'm tired of being squeezed. One or two added in a row is not bad but in the playoffs it gets bad. I actually didn't enjoy MLS cup last year because of the elbows in my face. I for one don't care if you stand in the isle but stay out of my space. Go to the space you paid for. --my two cents
    Agreed.

I've been in 111 for many years where thankfully this isn't a problem. Here's an issue that I haven't seen addressed in all of these discussions: there are many Year 1 people who bought their tickets in the South End. It seems really arrogant to flippantly suggest that those people should relocate if they expect to have the seat that THEY PAID FOR.

I have my seats and I expect to be able to take my family to a game and sit together without having to get into it with somebody who got to the seats I paid for before I did. (I'm glad this is not yet the situation in 111.) That doesn't strike me as an unreasonable expectation. None of the South End or pricier Supporters tickets were sold as GA - I think people should keep that in mind.

And judging from some of the comments of paid RPB members there are differing opinion on this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a valid point.
    But I also don't think the day one regulars get upset about other 112ers squeezing in or re-arranging. It's the people who bought tickets from scalpers without understanding or respect for the section or don't have tickets at all. (And often are there to watch)

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't make it to as many games as I'd like, but when I go, I like to stand in my "spot" where my tickets are. I also bounce around the section and have stood in many different places over the years. But it is nice to have some room where I paid to be and where I've been standing for so many years.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    How has everyone found the seating for the playoffs?

There seemed to be, predictably, a few tourists blissfully unaware of the unspoken rule of make room. I feel it's going to be worse next game.
    The problem is the over crowding of people without 112 tickets.. The majority of 112'ers dont mind the shuffle...Its when you have 112 tickets and you cant even get in a row..

The issue with playoffs is that to many are sneaking in that dont have access.

The entire southend supporter section 112-118 should be seperate entrance and unavailable access to anyone sitting outside that area.

This would work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the separate entrance thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    The problem is the over crowding of people without 112 tickets.. The majority of 112'ers dont mind the shuffle...Its when you have 112 tickets and you cant even get in a row..

The entire southend supporter section 112-118 should be seperate entrance and unavailable access to anyone sitting outside that area.

This would work.
    It's too bad an idea like this can't be put in place in time for tomorrow (or the final, should we make it). Playoffs are when these things are at their absolute worst.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post

This would NOT work.

Separate entrance won't solve any problems,they would need to physically enclose entire South stands in order to enforce something like that. For cheapest tickets in stadium,not worth the investment.

Not happening any time soon, if ever.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In S. America some supporter 'south ends' are caged aren't they?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    In S. America some supporter 'south ends' are caged aren't they?

Apples and Oranges, This is Canada,not S.America, a bit different fan culture,no?
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't sit in 112, but here is my thoughts on over crowding....

Why doesn't the security check tickets to ensure that people get to the seats that they purchased? As when I go to my seats in 117 I know the security guard so there is never an issue, but they check pretty much everyone that is not a regular. Also, when the security sees that rows are severely over crowded (not just 1 or 2 people) why don't they go and do a ticket check as that is a huge liability issue for TFC if god forbid something were to happen and people got hurt.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not exactly sure where all the overcrowding comes from. I mean they have security at the main stairs and the top entrance, and I know that anyone without a ticket to 112 or 113 is turned back. I guess there must be some leniency, but when the club really cant let it get to the point of being dangerous.

Hell, I'm thinking of bringing my kid into the section for the final. He's done a number of games right near the drum, but if there's 4 people standing around the seat I paid for, then I'm not sure if it will be safe.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\