Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The Stalteri thing is interesting. Delicious for those of us who have been around for a while and have long memories.
    ... Maybe it's his work as part of the CMNT coaching group… what the CMNT defenders have done is amazing the last 12 months.
    ... Stalts played with MB in Germany at Borussia Monchengladbach for two years. Rob Friend was on that team too. Stalts has probably remained close to MB during the last few years… how many of MB's ex teammates from Europe living in the GTA can there be!...
    ... While we are connecting dots, Friend runs Pacific FC, who supposedly just sold us… a defender!...
    ... I wonder if Stalts is also kind of a bridge for Insigne, to help with language etc (I believe Stalteri speaks Italian)...
    ... Stalts, having started for a Bundesliga champion in Bremen, and seen a lot of Champions League games too, would have a kind of specific gravitas with Insigne… his team beat Bayern Munich in Munich to win the title. That is something Insigne could identify with...
    ... I love it because I loved Stalts as a player - what a tough cookie! I doubt there will be any passengers in practice with Paul Stalteri anywhere nearby. I wouldn’t have obviously pegged him as a coach, but if Gattuso can do it…
    ... If you weren’t around for Paul in his prime… every time I see the Roy Kent character on Ted Lasso, I think of Paul Stalteri. That's who he was, on the playing field anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    There's quite the physical resemblance between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Worst ever call on a goal. I understand the circumstances regarding Curbishly at the time, but still ... what disrespect to Stalteri.

ensco... fantastic on Stalteri... Football Is Life! If Gattuso can... anyone can.
    Not the first MB connects this season... very interesting... inputting... transition toe dipping?
    One more acquaintance might arrive to live in TO at the end of SerieA season.
    Ahhh... memories... Zamora... the inter-connectivity of football life... Defoe and Stalteri.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-19-2022 at 12:13 PM.