Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Hey… wait a second… where did all those guys go: You know, they all showed up after the NYRB game to once again remind us that everything about MLSE and TFC is shit? And here we are, two games later, and nowhere in sight (or site).

Hmmm….
    Came to feed you some humble pie....
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 06-30-2022 at 06:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ffs...that was an easy must win 3 pointer against a team going for the last playoff spot we are trying to sneak into and lose....horrible effort...the D was a shambles...

Petrasso or whatever his name attempting to play left back got used and abused in the first half by some kid from Brampton that we cut ffs....O'Neil, where the hell was he on the second goal? There were a few other great Columbus chances as well, one just missed wide as our d was continually asleep and Bradley and Priso got overun time and time again in the midfield...

First goal, Bradley and Priso just stand there like dummies and let some journeymen hack blast it, great "effort" ffs...shameful.....while Bono reacts after the ball already is in the back of the net....secong goal, carved apart so easy...Priso and Bradley again standing around...petrazzo, oniel and mavinga ball watching as some journeyman just runs by them off a simple pass from the brampton kid we cut...and Bono, being bono watches the ball go in the net...horrible, bush league defending....

Poz did well, same as Oso when he came on. Why would you not start Oso in a must win? And don't give me the bs about 3 games in 3 nights or whatever...ffs, Bradley no matter what will play his 90 minutes...walking around at a snail's pace as his man skins him time and time again....

Bradley Sr, when will this clown be fired? Outside defenders that are not defenders...and this is the result game after game, s.hit goals...no ability to win offer width, etc....BUY SOME OUTSIDE BACKS FFS!!!!!!

Bono-sorry, every shot at him is danger...is useless. And inspires fear and no confidence around him. Get rid of him for ffs.

I'll be there on the 9th, looking forward to Insigne but as he was watching last night, he must be going what the hell did I get myself into...some of these "kids" are not mls calibre and never will be.

Nelson runs around like chicken with his head cut off...petrozza is a cpl maybe bench guy...oneil, a journeyman that should never touch the field....Priso, ffs, that was horrible last night, what the hell was he doing out there? Shafleburgh, hope he is alright, that was nasty, but that doesn't excuse how bad he was when he was on...Poz set him him time and time again and he doesn't have the ability to do anything, not his fault, he just isn't good enough...he can sprint and that's it.

Oh well....another no playoff year....despite massive spend again.

PS what would it take for Bradley to not start, or be subbed? Does he have some clause in his contract that says he cannot be taken off no matter what? And its even worse, his dear old college coach dad has blinders on and won't take him off either...must be demoralizing for the team knowing the slow as molasses son is favoured and plays no matter what.
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 06-30-2022 at 06:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opps forgot Akinola...had what 9 touches the entire first half....was literally invisible and like we were playing a man down....

And God Bless Jesus for his goal and work rate...he literally was the only forward we had going up against 5 guys himself....shalfelburgh and kerr up front with him was basiclaly himslef all alone....

And JMR, what is the hype all about? Offers absolutely nothing going forward....all he does is gets the ball...then stops, turns around and passes it back...time after time...so predictable and wasteful.

We are down 2-1 and the last 10 minutes you have jmr and nelson on a walkabout....zero urgency. If I was Poz I'd be pulling my hair out playing with all these "kids"....

Side note, enough with the "kids" excuses...most will never have a careeer in the Mls they are not good enough...and in terms of "kids"...Vini Jr and Rodrygo and Camavinga at Real just won a CL...and they are younger that some of our "kids". Either you are good enough, or you aren't. And ffs, we cut a kid who torched us last night....our scouting department is as clueless as manning....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey… wait a second… where did all those guys go: You know, they all showed up after the NYRB game to once again remind us that everything about MLSE and TFC is shit? And here we are, two games later, and nowhere in sight (or site).

Hmmm….
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I'll be your huckleberry.
    Lots of works in progress.
    Lets also see who those 3rd and 4th arrivals are.
    For now a hop, skip and jump away back to...
    I'm still hearing the screams for Jesus in the tall grass of 20 & 21.
    Beginning to believe... again.
    Expecting the best, prepared for the worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Ffs...that was an easy must win 3 pointer against a team going for the last playoff spot we are trying to sneak into and lose....horrible effort...the D was a shambles...

Petrasso or whatever his name attempting to play left back got used and abused in the first half by some kid from Brampton that we cut ffs....O'Neil, where the hell was he on the second goal? There were a few other great Columbus chances as well, one just missed wide as our d was continually asleep and Bradley and Priso got overun time and time again in the midfield...

First goal, Bradley and Priso just stand there like dummies and let some journeymen hack blast it, great "effort" ffs...shameful.....while Bono reacts after the ball already is in the back of the net....secong goal, carved apart so easy...Priso and Bradley again standing around...petrazzo, oniel and mavinga ball watching as some journeyman just runs by them off a simple pass from the brampton kid we cut...and Bono, being bono watches the ball go in the net...horrible, bush league defending....

Poz did well, same as Oso when he came on. Why would you not start Oso in a must win? And don't give me the bs about 3 games in 3 nights or whatever...ffs, Bradley no matter what will play his 90 minutes...walking around at a snail's pace as his man skins him time and time again....

Bradley Sr, when will this clown be fired? Outside defenders that are not defenders...and this is the result game after game, s.hit goals...no ability to win offer width, etc....BUY SOME OUTSIDE BACKS FFS!!!!!!

Bono-sorry, every shot at him is danger...is useless. And inspires fear and no confidence around him. Get rid of him for ffs.

I'll be there on the 9th, looking forward to Insigne but as he was watching last night, he must be going what the hell did I get myself into...some of these "kids" are not mls calibre and never will be.

Nelson runs around like chicken with his head cut off...petrozza is a cpl maybe bench guy...oneil, a journeyman that should never touch the field....Priso, ffs, that was horrible last night, what the hell was he doing out there? Shafleburgh, hope he is alright, that was nasty, but that doesn't excuse how bad he was when he was on...Poz set him him time and time again and he doesn't have the ability to do anything, not his fault, he just isn't good enough...he can sprint and that's it.

Oh well....another no playoff year....despite massive spend again.

PS what would it take for Bradley to not start, or be subbed? Does he have some clause in his contract that says he cannot be taken off no matter what? And its even worse, his dear old college coach dad has blinders on and won't take him off either...must be demoralizing for the team knowing the slow as molasses son is favoured and plays no matter what.
    Opps forgot Akinola...had what 9 touches the entire first half....was literally invisible and like we were playing a man down....

And God Bless Jesus for his goal and work rate...he literally was the only forward we had going up against 5 guys himself....shalfelburgh and kerr up front with him was basiclaly himslef all alone....

And JMR, what is the hype all about? Offers absolutely nothing going forward....all he does is gets the ball...then stops, turns around and passes it back...time after time...so predictable and wasteful.

We are down 2-1 and the last 10 minutes you have jmr and nelson on a walkabout....zero urgency. If I was Poz I'd be pulling my hair out playing with all these "kids"....

Side note, enough with the "kids" excuses...most will never have a careeer in the Mls they are not good enough...and in terms of "kids"...Vini Jr and Rodrygo and Camavinga at Real just won a CL...and they are younger that some of our "kids". Either you are good enough, or you aren't. And ffs, we cut a kid who torched us last night....our scouting department is as clueless as manning....
    Huzzah! You go HH; you do you.
    I acquiesce my 'huckleberryness'.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, so people understand how 4 games in 14 days can have adverse effects without player management...

and yet still want to do bad player management because they think 3 points now is worth potentially losing a player of Osorio's importance during the season?

#ArmchairManagement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Hmm, so people understand how 4 games in 14 days can have adverse effects without player management...

and yet still want to do bad player management because they think 3 points now is worth potentially losing a player of Osorio's importance during the season?

#ArmchairManagement
    It was a must win and easy 3 points at home...that we lost to a direct rival....horrible game management. We absolutely needed those 3 easy points against a depleted crappy side...and lost them.

When you are about to miss the playoffs for the third time in 4 years, you can't afford to "rest" guys....who already have barely played as it is.

How about we "rest" Bradley. He is apparently so critical to our success that he quite literally never comes off no matter what. Knowing Manning, he'll give Bradely a 3 year contract extension...ffs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm….
    Man, did you ever call that one right....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With every passing game I feel like I’m liking the O’Neil signing less and less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    With every passing game I feel like I’m liking the O’Neil signing less and less.
    He’s a fine 3rd CB, when he has someone leading him. Any defence without a leader is going to look isolated and disorganized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Took an elbow to the face and was bleeding from around the eye. Didn’t think there was much more to it.
    I hop you are right. Right before that play we had been commenting on how he was getting beat for pace and the guy beside me pointed out that he was limping. Which he was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    He’s a fine 3rd CB, when he has someone leading him. Any defence without a leader is going to look isolated and disorganized.
    that’s my take too. It’s noticeable how much better we are with Q on the pitch commanding boththe box and his D.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 06-30-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I hop you are right. Right before that play we had been commenting on how he was getting beat for pace and the guy beside me pointed out that he was limping. Which he was.
    Watching that over again I think he wasn't limping but wobbly. Probably saw stars and needed concussion protocols. He took a good one right in the soft spot around the eye.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I noticed that as well, i will be honest i dont know how to read Ayo, is he a target man to hold up and muscle through or something else. Or maybe he just had a really bad night because there was absolutely no hunger for the ball, no movement, no finding spots, no running channels.. concerning

Going back to Salcedo, if you watched the last two games, he has really taken over marshaling the back line (he was missed last night). At worst it should have been a tie. One or both of those don’t go in if he is playing (hope everything is ok)

Also, i felt bad for Bono, after the 30th minute they would not pass back at all.

The soccer gods did not like us last night but the result was also self induced, bad defence and shoddy finishing. Team effort.

Still lots of work required…. Can’t give up on the playoffs, but this one really hurt.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 06-30-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that’s my take too. It’s noticeable how much better we are with Q on the pitch.
    He is what's needed to marshall the backline. You take him and Salcedo out and we automatically reverted to the kind of defense we played earlier in the season.

Also, while still not worth a DP spot, you can see the value Salcedo has when on the pitch especially more recently with Q.

With a lot of people on here nobody gets a chance. Everyone expects new players (especially TAM & DPs) to walk in and tear it up on day 1 and if they don't then they will never climb out of that dog house.

Question is what do we do with Westberg? Firstly we need to dump Bono and after than make a hard decision on Q. Unless we can score a GK with a legit GK IQ that has comparable marshalling, stopping, and distribution skills then maybe we should offer him a 1 year extension or a 1+1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to gameflow
    expexted goals for tfc 2.24
    Expected goals for cc 0.70
    according to expected goals chart
    the spot on the field where Columbus scored the first goal
    had an expected probability of 2.5% to result in a goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    According to gameflow
    Those are some rough stats. On the plus side, creation isn’t the issue. But Bono is done here, he needs to move on, and Conway’s coaching needs to be scrutinized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that’s my take too. It’s noticeable how much better we are with Q on the pitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He is what's needed to marshall the backline. You take him and Salcedo out and we automatically reverted to the kind of defense we played earlier in the season.

Also, while still not worth a DP spot, you can see the value Salcedo has when on the pitch especially more recently with Q.

With a lot of people on here nobody gets a chance. Everyone expects new players (especially TAM & DPs) to walk in and tear it up on day 1 and if they don't then they will never climb out of that dog house.

Question is what do we do with Westberg? Firstly we need to dump Bono and after than make a hard decision on Q. Unless we can score a GK with a legit GK IQ that has comparable marshalling, stopping, and distribution skills then maybe we should offer him a 1 year extension or a 1+1.
    It’s about time TFC picked up a top end keeper, it’s been shaky since Frei left, Westburg being the only exception.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s about time TFC picked up a top end keeper, it’s been shaky since Frei left, Westburg being the only exception.
    Fully agreed.

Bono is so nervous and its panic time anytime the opponent gets in our end...our defenders don't even want to pass it back to him....too risky or it just ends up given back to the other team or in row 323 and and a throw in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    According to gameflow
    The Bono Equation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cbus had no business winning last night.but thats futbol sometimes.to me when you have a mavinga/bono combo its a lack of communication disaster on the backline,and oso should of started it was a 6 pointer last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Came to feed you some humble pie....
    Every single one of your posts is complaining about TFC. I get being critical of the team, but only coming on here when the team loses or you want to complain about a poor decision by Bradley (either of them) is tiring. Get a better hobby.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like an upgrade on Westberg, but compared to Bono he organizes defense well, doesn't panic, and has decent distribution. In my ideal world Westberg is the backup (which is what they originally got him for) and someone like a Frei is the primary.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'd like an upgrade on Westberg, but compared to Bono he organizes defense well, doesn't panic, and has decent distribution. In my ideal world Westberg is the backup (which is what they originally got him for) and someone like a Frei is the primary.
    I agree, Westberg would be a top notch backup. A younger version of him isn’t optimum, but would probably do fine. Either that or a true CB leader like Moor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Man, did you ever call that one right....
    It’s not even about the football; it’s about the need to proselytize, earn attention good or bad. The notion that any of us commenting here has the insight to comprehensively shit on any of these guys is beyond arrogant. I take them about as seriously as I take literary critics; but some people find critiques deeply entertaining, so whatever floats people’s boats, I guess.

I just try to remember to login before commenting; enables a fairly healthy ‘block’ list, so I generally only see this stuff when it’s quoted by others now.

We dominated them in xG, shots and shots on target, possession, passing percentage. But we lost duels and total tackles, which is how you lose two goals on the press or break.

Parity league. But we should’ve got a point last night. Felt within reach to get that or more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching that over again I think he wasn't limping but wobbly. Probably saw stars and needed concussion protocols. He took a good one right in the soft spot around the eye.
    Good, I hope what you saw is all there is - but just to be clear, it was before this that he was limping

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, I hope what you saw is all there is - but just to be clear, it was before this that he was limping
    Hopefully he didn't roll something by trying to run while dazed from the elbow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully he didn't roll something by trying to run while dazed from the elbow.
    Hope the league reviews, that was a dirty cheap shot by the columbus guy. Hope Shaff is okay but would be surprised he didn't have a concussion and has a nasty gash requiring stitches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono’s ability with the ball certainly didn’t help last night but I don’t think the average MLS keeper stops either opportunity.

It was frustrating to lose but all-and-all I don’t think we played that poorly. It was just in some of those key sequences Bradley and Priso got out foxed by the crew midfield and then that led to the balling getting to their forwards in some pretty good positions. Also, Jacen Russell Rowe also made Mavinga and others look a bit foolish. A 19-year old debutant should not be made to look to have super human strength, holding off 2-3 defenders. If that’s actually him, he’s going to have a pretty damn solid career
    Last edited by ag futbol; 06-30-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Bono’s ability with the ball certainly didn’t help last night but I don’t think the average MLS keeper stops either opportunity.

It was frustrating to lose but all-and-all I don’t think we played that poorly. It was just in some of those key sequences Bradley and Priso got out foxed by the crew midfield and then that led to the balling getting to their forwards in some pretty good positions. Also, Jacen Russell Rowe also made Mavinga and others look a bit foolish. A 19-year old debutant should not be made to look to have super human strength, holding off 2-3 defenders. If that’s actually him, he’s going to have a pretty damn solid career
    The probability of scoring from the spot the first goal was shot from is 2.5%
    the average mls keeper stops the first shot 97.5%!of the tome
    is this too difficult for you to understand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s not even about the football; it’s about the need to proselytize, earn attention good or bad. The notion that any of us commenting here has the insight to comprehensively shit on any of these guys is beyond arrogant. I take them about as seriously as I take literary critics; but some people find critiques deeply entertaining, so whatever floats people’s boats, I guess.

I just try to remember to login before commenting; enables a fairly healthy ‘block’ list, so I generally only see this stuff when it’s quoted by others now.

We dominated them in xG, shots and shots on target, possession, passing percentage. But we lost duels and total tackles, which is how you lose two goals on the press or break.

Parity league. But we should’ve got a point last night. Felt within reach to get that or more.
    what I find really interesting is that somebody that lives in the middle of no where Canada and doesn’t spend a cent on tfc tickets has the audacity to get angry at people that spend there hard earned money on tfc tickets and are treated to garbage football
    and are not allowed to complain
    How dare you