Page 28 of 193 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Toronto FC II signs Priso's brother Hugo Mbongue to a professional contract. Surprised they didn't do this earlier (he's been playing with TFC2 on an academy allocation). He turns 18 in July, probably could've just left for free if he didn't get signed to a pro deal, which would've been terrible. He has great potential from what I've seen in his games (mostly last year I watched)

Yeah I was at the TFC II home opener this season and he was a beast, scoring a brace. The ceiling is high for him.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    The single most important point that fans don’t acknowledge enough.

Reputation should be taken care of at every aspect.

When the manager asks players to practice as lb/rb all week to then put them Ina different position doesn't do good for reputation.

Bez and TL had solid reputations

The more manning speaks the more I feel my money should be distanced from this clown who is living on someone's reputation (5 cup finals blag blah).

His reputation made him so comfortable all he thought he needed to do was filter phone book and Hire buddies saved under the letter 'C'

What disrespect.

Not dealing with Seba and Josy and his reputation hasn't taken a hit ?

I'm sure both can comment on how the ending of their TFC career was handled.

What disrespect and pure arrogance.

Or treating us supporters like idiots and then jacking up the price by 40% to watch a bunch of no professional play half the season

Lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

laryea not even in the 18 for forest playoof final. surely an indication that he's not in the plans there.

would be incredible to bring him back, we badly need fullbacks and he can play on either side.

laryea/ laxalt as the fullbacks would be incredible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    laryea not even in the 18 for forest playoof final. surely an indication that he's not in the plans there.

would be incredible to bring him back, we badly need fullbacks and he can play on either side.

Allocation order

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCD Eindhoven View Post
    Allocation order
    yeah but you can trade up, would be worth our time to do it, if possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Reputation should be taken care of at every aspect.

When the manager asks players to practice as lb/rb all week to then put them Ina different position doesn't do good for reputation.

Bez and TL had solid reputations

The more manning speaks the more I feel my money should be distanced from this clown who is living on someone's reputation (5 cup finals blag blah).

His reputation made him so comfortable all he thought he needed to do was filter phone book and Hire buddies saved under the letter 'C'

What disrespect.

Not dealing with Seba and Josy and his reputation hasn't taken a hit ?

I'm sure both can comment on how the ending of their TFC career was handled.

What disrespect and pure arrogance.

Or treating us supporters like idiots and then jacking up the price by 40% to watch a bunch of no professional play half the season

Lol
    I believe the origins of the post I quoted had to do with dumping Poz after an MVP. I quoted someone who made a great point that people often overlook and that’s reputation matters so it’s not a good idea to dump an MVP

Im assuming you’re just using my quote as a jumping off point but it had nothing to do with Manning good or bad. You seemed to go pretty hard after quoting me so just wanted to throw that point out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/GalindoPW

Steven Vitoria’s Moreirense have been relegated from the Primeira Liga. Vitoria’s contract expires next month, too. The 35-year-old could be available on a free this summer. #CanMNT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but you can trade up, would be worth our time to do it, if possible.
    Trading away assets to get Laryea back would be a bad idea. Was kinda glad he was gone myself but after a year not even making the squad for real games, it’s likely he’s regressed even further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good thing for Layrea chances of some playing time now.

Djed Spence: “Notthingham Forest means everything to me. Playing for Forest next season? Hopefully”, he told @MattyJones93. 🔴 #NFFC

Bayern left the race after signing Mazraoui while Tottenham are still interested, but there’s no official bid yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know if being promoted to the prem really increases the prospects of Laryea getting playing time.

General observation: while certainly a standout fullback in MLS terms and still pacey enough to be a weapon in Europe, defensive positioning never has been his forte and that’s going to make it tough for a recently promoted team to find him playing time.

Think he’ll be on the move but not necessarily back here.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spence isn't coming back (per CanMNT Only Twitter account) next year to NFFC, giving Laryea a possible opening. I wouldn't assume he is leaving and coming back to MLS.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Spence isn't coming back (per CanMNT Only Twitter account) next year to NFFC, giving Laryea a possible opening. I wouldn't assume he is leaving and coming back to MLS.
    Unless they buy him from
    Middlesborough. They just
    got promoted and can afford it.

But he'll have bigger offers for sure.

Unlikely Richie gets another chance at a higher level, when Cooper didn't trust him in the championship.

He literally played twice for 25 minutes time, in games already decided. He dressed yesterday but didn't make the roster.

Can't see that changing at a higher level. Coming here or going out on loan somewhere in Europe seems more likely. Still, be nice if it happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Unless they buy him from
    Middlesborough. They just
    got promoted and can afford it.

But he'll have bigger offers for sure.

Unlikely Richie gets another chance at a higher level, when Cooper didn't trust him in the championship.

He literally played twice for 25 minutes time, in games already decided. He dressed yesterday but didn't make the roster.

Can't see that changing at a higher level. Coming here or going out on loan somewhere in Europe seems more likely. Still, be nice if it happened.
    I think (hope?) that rather than Cooper not trusting Laryea, that Forest was going on such a strong run that he didn't want to change what was working. Particularly since Spence was so good.

That said, I don't think the Premier League is really the right level for Richie right now. A loan to a strong Championship side is probably the best option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought he had a really good final international break for Canada. I don't think the experience at Forest has necessarily been bad for him, but I do agree he likely won't get minutes in the Prem regardless of whether Spence goes or not, which he likely will. Forest won't be able to play with marauding fullbacks like they did in the Championship and survive for long.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Trading away assets to get Laryea back would be a bad idea. Was kinda glad he was gone myself but after a year not even making the squad for real games, it’s likely he’s regressed even further.
    I don’t lay awake at night thinking about Layrea , I expect Criscito here in a month and RB problem solved for a couple of years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    You don't sell or trade a player coming off of an MVP season. If that was suggested a year ago, you'd be out here calling MLSE cheap and throwing away the best player in the league. Give me a break.
    Buy low, sell high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmm...player roster moves made based on something done by Nelson Skalbania decades ago is an interesting approach....
    OG, not sure how many people on here even know who Skalbania was. Where is Ensco when you need him? (terrible move to sell Gretzky BTW. he grew up with that team and should have aged gracefully with them. Poz a bit different)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Scottie Barnes won Rookie of the Year in the NBA. Raptors should trade him now that his value is high.
    I sort of started this - my point at the time (last year) was that we had an over crowded midfield of players with too similar skills and weaknesses, and that if we were going to play Soteldo who wanted the ball all the time, for roster balance we needed to move someone - I suggested Poz given he wasn't at his best with Soteldo because to be at his best he needed the ball. (this was met with universal derision). As events occurred it was Soteldo and Delgado. So management agreed with me. Kind of...

Not advocating Poz to leave now at all. We shall see what the season brings - its clear from Bradley's presser that he has been hurt all season. if he gets back to form with Insigne Jesus Ayo we would be unbeatable. Every game would be 6-3 or 5-4, but still...
    Last edited by MightyDM; 05-30-2022 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I sort of started this - my point at the time (last year) was that we had an over crowded midfield of players with too similar skills and weaknesses, and that if we were going to play Soteldo who wanted the ball all the time, for roster balance we needed to move someone - I suggested Poz given he wasn't at his best with Soteldo because to be at his best he needed the ball. (this was met with universal derision). As events occurred it was Soteldo and Delgado. So management agreed with me. Kind of...

Not advocating Poz to leave now at all. We shall see what the season brings - its clear from Bradley's presser that he has been hurt all season. if he gets back to form with Insigne Jesus Ayo we would be unbeatable. Every game would be 6-3 or 5-4, but still...
    To me the tell here is they won’t use Poz in his best position, as an out-and-out AM with little in the way of defensive duties. Bob has him huffing and trying to play box-to-box. That can’t be anything but a short term setup.

LA is clearly the guy and Poz has to fit into that. Long run this is sub optimal so he’d certainly be out (as much as everyone is smiling and playing nice at the moment)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    To me the tell here is they won’t use Poz in his best position, as an out-and-out AM with little in the way of defensive duties. Bob has him huffing and trying to play box-to-box. That can’t be anything but a short term setup.

LA is clearly the guy and Poz has to fit into that. Long run this is sub optimal so he’d certainly be out (as much as everyone is smiling and playing nice at the moment)
    Vanney probably went as far as possible toward restricting the overall scope of Pozuelo’s role in midfield by pushing him further up the pitch and keeping his influence to the attacking 1/3 (or more like 1/4). But when he used Pozuelo as a false 9 or winger Poz was less effective. The guy is an attacking 10 no matter how you slice it. Otherwise, it’s the waste of a huge salary and a diminishment of the player. I’d be surprised if BB is going to be entirely successful making him box to box in the way he’d like.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 05-30-2022 at 04:10 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And...Oso is out for the CanMNT games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the comments from Michael Singh about TFC tracking a couple of former players, I've made a list.

Ranked from most likely to come back to least likely to come back:

Auro (He's on loan and not getting playing time)
    Richie Laryea (Sad for Richie, but would be great for TFC)
    Seba Giovinco (he's past it, but maybe he could help smooth the transition for Insigne)
    Pablo Piatti (He's 33 and spent much of the season on the bench in Spain)
    Daniel Lovitz (Doubtful as he is a regular starter with Nashville)
    Steven Beitashour (He's 35, but Bob Bradley likes him, so who knows)
    Tony Gallacher (Playing in Scotland but suffered a bad injury a month ago)
    Liam Fraser ( I could see Bob Bradley bringing out the best in him, but unlikely)
    Raheem Edwards (Can't imagine he'd leave LA)
    Lucas Janson (He's not coming)
    Jay Chapman (Barely played in Scotland. Unlikely)
    Armando Cooper (Old and unlikely to come)
    Last edited by TFC/Everton; 05-30-2022 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added Lovitz!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Based on the comments from Michael Singh about TFC tracking a couple of former players, I've made a list.

Seba Giovinco (he's past it, but maybe he could help smooth the transition for Insigne)
    Liam Fraser ( I could see Bob Bradley bringing out the best in him, but unlikely)
    auro wouldn't fit the description as he's still a TFC player.

laryea and lovitz seem to be 2 ones to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

auro wouldn't fit the description as he's still a TFC player.

laryea and lovitz seem to be 2 ones to watch.
    Why would Nashville give up Lovitz? He's been excellent for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LI.. FRASER ... DELEON our july signings.manning did say they can all play in the mls

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would Nashville give up Lovitz? He's been excellent for them.
    no idea but we have a ton of GAM, every player has a price, and he's in 1 of the 3 positions we desperately need to strengthen.

just adding him to the list of former players who could potentially come in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'ma not sure Singh is really all that reliable a source on transfers in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'ma not sure Singh is really all that reliable a source on transfers in.
    he is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can’t see a single person on this list coming. The only ones remotely close would be Auro and Laryea.

No Laryea for me but he’s likely gone from NFFC. With about 214 million now in their bank, NF can afford better than Laryea.

Based on what you said about Auro, he’s maybe coming back simply as the loan won’t get extended. Not sure about his contract status but maybe they give him a shot if they got to pay him anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take Piatti back.