Page 27 of 193 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i reckon destro signs.

destro, laxalt, insigne, CM, RW and we'll be good!
    If Destro comes, what happens to Jesus? or Ayo? Ayo has been class

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    i suggested that Poz should be traded a year or so ago. You are being treated far more graciously than I was...
    I’m taking the silence as somewhat agreement.

Last year was different though, given we had no idea who the next coach would be or if Poz would regain form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would have to assume that JJ/Ayo would move to the wing and odd man out be first off the bench. If so, Destro would be a good move because a front three of Insigne, Destro, JJ/Ayo would be lethal if it clicked even 75%.

However, not a real mid-to-long term solution and have to wonder if there is better value to be had. Similarly, if Destro money would be better spent on a true winger of similar level.

Headline on Destro: Manning filtered for Italians with expiring contracts on Transfermarkt. (We have a multi-billion dollar corp’s backing and likely no individuals properly dedicated to running our transfers/trades).
    Last edited by portu; 05-27-2022 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has any one done diligence on our Young Money signing space? Do we have just one and is it Ayo?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Has any one done diligence on our Young Money signing space? Do we have just one and is it Ayo?
    Once Insigne joins, our 3 DPs will all be over 24 yo and above the TAM threshold ($1.6125M).

We will be down to one U22 slot, and Akinola is it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i suggested that Poz should be traded a year or so ago. You are being treated far more graciously than I was...
    A few guys suggested Poz out last year on this and other sites , clearly he was on a downward spiral , there was value in trading him many many months ago , not now , another bad calculation by this organization.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    A few guys suggested Poz out last year on this and other sites , clearly he was on a downward spiral , there was value in trading him many many months ago , not now , another bad calculation by this organization.
    He was only a year removed from MVP voting and had life circumstances that could affect a player's form. With that in mind sometimes you don't be a dickhead organization and trade a guy who was good for you while he was suffering through some shit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesus can play out wide, as can akinola in a bob bradley system with lots of interchange.

front 3 options of jesus, akinola, destro, insigne, nelson, new rw? (questionable), perruzza would be great.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He was only a year removed from MVP voting and had life circumstances that could affect a player's form. With that in mind sometimes you don't be a dickhead organization and trade a guy who was good for you while he was suffering through some shit.
    What was he suffering through? A handsome millionaire getting divorced , spare me the tears , he will be on the French Riviera with younger hotter woman when he time mercifully ends here. He was actually starting to slide in his final two months of his MVP season, last time I checked MLSE is not a charity , should of sent Poz away a year ago, 4.5 million for what????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wth all the attacking player rumours I’m starting to wonder if the defensive plan is to just hit 80% possession.
    Last edited by Webdogg; 05-27-2022 at 01:09 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Wth all the attacking player rumours I’m starting to wonder if the defensive plan is to just hit 80% possession.
    Is that not how the 2017 team was constructed? Seba vv and Josy keeping the ball scoring on average 3 goals every home match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that not how the 2017 team was constructed? Seba vv and Josy keeping the ball scoring on average 3 goals every home match
    True.
    Or Maybe Manning has the clipboard upside down and thinks BB wants to play a 2-4-4?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was he suffering through? A handsome millionaire getting divorced , spare me the tears , he will be on the French Riviera with younger hotter woman when he time mercifully ends here. He was actually starting to slide in his final two months of his MVP season, last time I checked MLSE is not a charity , should of sent Poz away a year ago, 4.5 million for what????
    You don't sell or trade a player coming off of an MVP season. If that was suggested a year ago, you'd be out here calling MLSE cheap and throwing away the best player in the league. Give me a break.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    You don't sell or trade a player coming off of an MVP season. If that was suggested a year ago, you'd be out here calling MLSE cheap and throwing away the best player in the league. Give me a break.
    You mean like when the Edmonton oilers sold Gretzky

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happens every transfer window small team sells star player to bigger club, just need an organization to have the intelligence to do it , this Toronto management group does not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're going to pick an example, maybe make sure they didn't go on on to win the MVP the next season and win the scoring title three times with LA. Just because someone did it, doesn't mean TFC should do it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...player roster moves made based on something done by Nelson Skalbania decades ago is an interesting approach....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happens every transfer window small team sells star player to bigger club, just need an organization to have the intelligence to do it , this Toronto management group does not
    what bigger club was knocking on our door for Poz after he won the MVP?

Easy to say that on a message board. If it were that easy we should have sold Jozy to a bigger club. We should sell Bono July 1st to Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was going to mention although i dont think its nothing big.

Poz posted on his IG story today, himself, mavinga and achara on the truck that drives them across the field captioned "c'est la vie"

Im not sure how to take it, is he saying thats life oh well or thats life grateful for being able to play soccer lol

i really think those 3 are def gone shortly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    i was going to mention although i dont think its nothing big.

Poz posted on his IG story today, himself, mavinga and achara on the truck that drives them across the field captioned "c'est la vie"

Im not sure how to take it, is he saying thats life oh well or thats life grateful for being able to play soccer lol

i really think those 3 are def gone shortly.
    Last year for all three I think. Well it's expected. Can't do a full rebuild in one window and there will always be a few hangers on during the transition phase. I am expecting and hoping for a few more to be gone too (Bono, Westberg).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC II signs Priso's brother Hugo Mbongue to a professional contract. Surprised they didn't do this earlier (he's been playing with TFC2 on an academy allocation). He turns 18 in July, probably could've just left for free if he didn't get signed to a pro deal, which would've been terrible. He has great potential from what I've seen in his games (mostly last year I watched)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmm...player roster moves made based on something done by Nelson Skalbania decades ago is an interesting approach....
    Yes, this board is full of laughs!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Very interesting and quite intelligent as the oilers won the Stanley cup the very next year while the kings won zilch, but the point I’m making is that there are no soccer minds at MLSE that figured out that Poz was done and they didn’t capitalize after his MVP season by getting rid of him when he had perceived value, absolutely shit show TFC management group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting and quite intelligent as the oilers won the Stanley cup the very next year while the kings won zilch, but the point I’m making is that there are no soccer minds at MLSE that figured out that Poz was done and they didn’t capitalize after his MVP season by getting rid of him when he had perceived value, absolutely shit show TFC management group
    Scottie Barnes won Rookie of the Year in the NBA. Raptors should trade him now that his value is high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People that post stuff like this and “Bob Bradley” out because we not a title contender three months in also need to realize that the management team isn’t playing FIFA for Xbox. If you dump a reigning MVP because his marriage is falling apart in the midst of a global pandemic and his play is suffering accordingly, other players and agents take notice and view your club accordingly. Reputation matters.

Similarly if we hit reboot on Bradley because he decided to spend 4 months (painfully) figuring out what he has with our young players, we’d be the laughing stock of the league.

And cup or no cup, saying that the Oilers trading Gretzky was a “sell high” savvy management decision is revisionist history of the worst kind. Go read how and why that unfolded and explain how it’s at all relevant to this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post

Reputation Matters

The single most important point that fans don’t acknowledge enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit

Some arguements are just not worth my time....on ignore.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-28-2022 at 09:08 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People that post stuff like this and “Bob Bradley” out because we not a title contender three months in also need to realize that the management team isn’t playing FIFA for Xbox. If you dump a reigning MVP because his marriage is falling apart in the midst of a global pandemic and his play is suffering accordingly, other players and agents take notice and view your club accordingly. Reputation matters.

Similarly if we hit reboot on Bradley because he decided to spend 4 months (painfully) figuring out what he has with our young players, we’d be the laughing stock of the league.

And cup or no cup, saying that the Oilers trading Gretzky was a “sell high” savvy management decision is revisionist history of the worst kind. Go read how and why that unfolded and explain how it’s at all relevant to this team.
    This management group would come off looking like Einstein if they had dealt Poz , what was the point of keeping him while this team tumbled down the standings cementing themselves as the garbage of MLS. Bringing in a Soltedo which clearly was a mistake then trading him for Salcedo who looks at the same level as the other two Backs which we are paying a fraction of Salcedos wages is was separates good management and morons.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this.
    Good post

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point is everybody and everything have a price