Page 26 of 193 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Anyone actually seen Laxalt play? He’s never managed an average rating above 7 in a decade and multiple leagues.

also his stats very much suggest a fullback, not a wingback.
    Yea, I watched Uruguays games at the 2018 World Cup. He was good in the Russia game but don't really remember much other than that. Good or bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    He isn't the guy we need, but he is definitely a guy we could use.
    The list of guys we could use is rather long at this point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if Salcedo can be bought down to TAM should they bother keeping him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't believe Laxalt is still in his 20s. He never really impressed me while in Serie A. He wasn't good enough defensively to be a left-back but never a difference maker in attack as a wing-back. That said, I haven't watched him in a long time and this would be a step down. I'd rather use TAM to sign a right-back, but I can't even complain about full-back signings at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Even if Salcedo can be bought down to TAM should they bother keeping him?
    His cap hit is $2,200,000. Not even close to the TAM level. I suspect he's a DP until his contract is done.

That being said, he looked pretty good last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    His cap hit is $2,200,000. Not even close to the TAM level. I suspect he's a DP until his contract is done.

That being said, he looked pretty good last night.
    I think we’re looking at another buy out in the off season. Been entirely unremarkable and a walking red card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping Salcedo is just front loaded as part of MLS saying that he has to be a DP this year to count the Soteldo trade as a transfer fee, so it doesn't become a 'loophole' and then next year he's TAMable.
    Management needs to get their act together o these high salary deals. Weve basically been short a DP almost since DPs were created because we continually waste a slot (Mista, De Guzman (who was a good player, just I didn't think he was impactful enough for a DP), Jozy DP Part 2, Salcedo, etc). Basically apart from the prime (Tim L+Tim B) years where we hit the DP trifecta (prime MB, JA, Gio plus the DP-worthy Vasquez), we've swung and missed on at least one

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I'm hoping Salcedo is just front loaded as part of MLS saying that he has to be a DP this year to count the Soteldo trade as a transfer fee, so it doesn't become a 'loophole' and then next year he's TAMable.
    Management needs to get their act together o these high salary deals. Weve basically been short a DP almost since DPs were created because we continually waste a slot (Mista, De Guzman (who was a good player, just I didn't think he was impactful enough for a DP), Jozy DP Part 2, Salcedo, etc). Basically apart from the prime (Tim L+Tim B) years where we hit the DP trifecta (prime MB, JA, Gio plus the DP-worthy Vasquez), we've swung and missed on at least one
    Very good point! In addition to those you mentioned: I loved Frings before he came here, but that was another miss on a DP slot, he was already worn down. Defoe was good but everyone remembers the drama that started within less than a year. Gilberto got better only after he left: 7 goals in 32 games was not DP-worthy for TFC. Eric Hassli, oh god. Piatti, I dunno, that's the kind of player most teams sign to a TAM deal. Soteldo: marginal, plenty of assists within a bad team, but again the drama, and we only got rid of him by taking Salcedo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing about Salcedo which will be telling is how agile and humble they are about the new signings they bring in and the guys they kept that are off the mark. Salcedo has absolutely not been close to DP level. Maybe, *maybe* he's TAM level. But if they are going to be as brutal as they were this winter with shipping guys out, Salcedo is one that the club should be listening to offers for this summer.

Even if they can't get a replacement in during the summer window, they should take any opportunity to move off his contract. We will not contend this year and any more stalling on player movement is just going to extend this brutal winter of rebuilding.

You can add Mavinga (1m CB, terrible regression) and Pozuelo (running down contract, not a system fit, value within MLS) to this list as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really surprised we haven't been more active in the trade market. We have assets and clear needs for specific positions.

To start we have too many kids playing the same positions. When this roster gets fleshed out how many of our 11 Homegrowns make the cut?

Shaffelburg is a good case study for this for a couple of reasons: 1. He's been shoehorned into the left back position 2. We are going to get a starting left back 3. Petrasso fills the same role (arguably better) 4. He's likely got trade value. Keeping Shaff makes little sense when he's shown to be a poor left back, will likely sit on the fringes of the 18 and has trade value we can leverage to fill a need - a like decent MLS midfielder on 300-600k that can plug gaps coming off the bench (god I miss Delgado).

Pozuelo is an even better example. He's a DP. We aren't going to renew him. He doesn't fit the system. He was MVP two years ago. I'm convinced that if he doesn't get traded this summer it'll be because he refused the trade. He's such a high value asset that we could use to pick up excellent pieces for next year and he clearly doesn't fit the system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really surprised we haven't been more active in the trade market. We have assets and clear needs for specific positions.
    Trade market is closed right now. It's only open during transfer window. Unless you meant before/beginning of the season, in which case they probably thought Shaff/JMR would work and they didn't need to make a trade or could hold off until July and be mid-pack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing about Salcedo which will be telling is how agile and humble they are about the new signings they bring in and the guys they kept that are off the mark. Salcedo has absolutely not been close to DP level. Maybe, *maybe* he's TAM level. But if they are going to be as brutal as they were this winter with shipping guys out, Salcedo is one that the club should be listening to offers for this summer.
    With our current midfield, Bono, and FB/WBs you could have Van Dyk back there and he wouldn't look DP level either. I'm not saying Salcedo has been great or even good but there's too much emphasis placed on the CBs fixing all our problems and that's not the case. The problems are starting in the midfield and without much help from the FB positions you get what you get. Add in Bono doing his Bono-ing and I doubt 2 DP CBs could get us a clean sheet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    With our current midfield, Bono, and FB/WBs you could have Van Dyk back there and he wouldn't look DP level either. I'm not saying Salcedo has been great or even good but there's too much emphasis placed on the CBs fixing all our problems and that's not the case. The problems are starting in the midfield and without much help from the FB positions you get what you get. Add in Bono doing his Bono-ing and I doubt 2 DP CBs could get us a clean sheet.
    I'm also concerned about Salcedo, but I agree. So many other teams just set themselves up better in defence. I noticed it against DC. TFC mounted a really nice and quick counter-attack, but DC still managed to get 7 (!) players back in time before any damage was done. I don't think DC is that great overall, although their defence is better on average. But they also don't expect too much from the individual defenders.

I've seen it against multiple teams, that just seem to have more players both on attack and on defence than TFC much of the time. It starts with TFC players exposing themselves in their positioning on attack, and not knowing where their teammates are or when they have to fall back to cover for a gap created by another player as they move forward. It continues with having a number of slow players in midfield. It ends with many TFC players jogging back rather than sprinting when the opponents get a turnover, or letting opposing midfielders run right past them and getting open for pass backs or second changes after weak clearances. And that's especially annoying when those TFC players are young, should be fit, and should be hungry to secure their spot -- making up for some of their inexperience by working their tails off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I'm also concerned about Salcedo, but I agree. So many other teams just set themselves up better in defence. I noticed it against DC. TFC mounted a really nice and quick counter-attack, but DC still managed to get 7 (!) players back in time before any damage was done. I don't think DC is that great overall, although their defence is better on average. But they also don't expect too much from the individual defenders.

I've seen it against multiple teams, that just seem to have more players both on attack and on defence than TFC much of the time. It starts with TFC players exposing themselves in their positioning on attack, and not knowing where their teammates are or when they have to fall back to cover for a gap created by another player as they move forward. It continues with having a number of slow players in midfield. It ends with many TFC players jogging back rather than sprinting when the opponents get a turnover, or letting opposing midfielders run right past them and getting open for pass backs or second changes after weak clearances. And that's especially annoying when those TFC players are young, should be fit, and should be hungry to secure their spot -- making up for some of their inexperience by working their tails off.
    That does seem to be improving, especially last game, there were some well timed drives for the ball, like Kerr, leading to the Akinola goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    He posted on Instagram stories this morning that he was at the BMO training ground... seems like an awful quick turnaround but at this point who knows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know how long the contract for Salcedo is, and roughly at what salary, it would be interesting to see if its possible to lessen and/or trade off the books

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Does anyone know how long the contract for Salcedo is, and roughly at what salary, it would be interesting to see if its possible to lessen and/or trade off the books
    I wouldn't trade Salcedo at this point he is the only distributing player out of the entire backfield including Bono. I think he can be bought down but I don't expect that to happen until next season when Pozuelo comes off the books which would then free up two DP spots.

As for the quote from Manning this past week regarding the potential of adding 3 more players excluding Insigne I think this might happen.

Insigne
    Laxalt
    Player from Canada's National Team
    Mid From Europe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s quite the change for TFC to only have one active roster member called up for an international window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In response to the Mavinga wants to leave rumours:

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga having a Poz circa 2021 year maybe?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are there any rumours at all about signings?

june will need to be incredibly busy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    are there any rumours at all about signings?

june will need to be incredibly busy...

That one Veth rumor about Laxalt. Basically nothing else outside of the old Criscito rumor which seems to be fading away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Mavinga just likes stirring the pot. As someone pointed out, in that photo where he tags Paris, the reflection in his sunglasses show cars with Ontario plates, lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is exactly the kind of player we need. Out of contract in July.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/alessan...spieler/118397

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

📍 Sebastian Giovinco is now back home in Toronto, and today picked up his new Porsche 911 Turbo S.

#Giovinco #TFCLive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The day Sebastian Giovinco retires will be so great. Let it go. He is done here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didnt manning say that they are not looking at strikers,the 3 supposed signings sure sound signed and sealed,but who knows and not a peep yet

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i reckon destro signs.

destro, laxalt, insigne, CM, RW and we'll be good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To start we have too many kids playing the same positions. When this roster gets fleshed out how many of our 11 Homegrowns make the cut?

Shaffelburg is a good case study for this for a couple of reasons: 1. He's been shoehorned into the left back position 2. We are going to get a starting left back 3. Petrasso fills the same role (arguably better) 4. He's likely got trade value. Keeping Shaff makes little sense when he's shown to be a poor left back, will likely sit on the fringes of the 18 and has trade value we can leverage to fill a need - a like decent MLS midfielder on 300-600k that can plug gaps coming off the bench (god I miss Delgado).

Pozuelo is an even better example. He's a DP. We aren't going to renew him. He doesn't fit the system. He was MVP two years ago. I'm convinced that if he doesn't get traded this summer it'll be because he refused the trade. He's such a high value asset that we could use to pick up excellent pieces for next year and he clearly doesn't fit the system.
    i suggested that Poz should be traded a year or so ago. You are being treated far more graciously than I was...