Page 67 of 191 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 5705
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Another day, another new salary figure.

Well, it's “un fottio de soldi” no matter what…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

After translating "un fottio de soldi", I can confirm and agree.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    After translating "un fottio de soldi", I can confirm and agree.
    That’s a better slogan than “a Bloody Big Deal”. A “F_cking of Money”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Looks to be at about 98.87% done.

Google translate - rough but you get the point.

Naples, goodbye Insigne. He closes with Toronto: five years of contract ready

During the week some representatives of the club will be in Italy, a net engagement of 8 million per season to which the benefits will be added. The striker will close the season in Naples

January 2nd - MILAN - Lorenzo Insigne, next to the transfer to Toronto. Lapresse

Canada has never been so close for Lorenzo Insigne. The negotiation with the Toronto FC has reached the final jokes, in the coming days some representatives of the club will be in Italy to meet the player's agent and solve the last details regarding the documents to be signed. The contract will be five years with a net engagement of about 8 million euros per season, to which will be added a series of benefits such as cars, home and private flights, so as to fall within the figures initially agreed.

The agreement will enter into force next June, in order to allow Insigne to conclude the experience with Napoli at the natural deadline and without creating difficulties for Spalletti and the team. However, it will be necessary to formalise everything by the beginning of March, when the market in Mls closes in view of the start of the championship.

NO RENEWAL— The chances of the captain remaining in blue are now close to zero. De Laurentiis has not changed its latest offer from 3.5 million euros plus 1.5 in bonuses not easily reachable until 2025. The president's goal is to reduce the number of engagements by 30%, especially for a player who has already turned thirty. A proposal considered too low by Insigne, who instead feels he deserves a different consideration after the excellent last season, in which he set his record for goals in Serie A (19) and which he crowned with the victory of the European Championships with the national team.

TOWARDS JUVE—Napoli meanwhile are preparing for the resumption of the championship, against Juventus on the evening of January 6, at the Allianz Stadium. Insigne has recovered from the coronavirus together with Fabian Ruiz in recent days and has now overcome the muscle problems that had blown up the game with Milan. The captain will be regularly available to Spalletti for the challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Me thinks it translates better into "A Lot of F_cking Money".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to chasing players like Insigne and Belotti one thing I believe MLS needs to improve on if they want to increase their chances of success AND reduce the extravagent prices they need to pay to convince the players is to find a way to put the league in the European football shop window. There's way too many people in Europe that under value the calibre of MLS. They need to find a competitive forum to go head to head with some of these European teams (tournament or something ... one of the things I like about this Leagues Cup expansion).

I'm not suggesting they take on the likes of Champions League calibre teams just yet but even lower Championship, SPFL, Dutch or Belgian Leagues. I'm a life long St Mirren fan and I can't believe how low of an opinion even (not all of them but quite a few) St Mirren fans believe because they play in the SPFL that they are way better than MLS teams. It pains me to say it but TFC would rip them a new arsehole if they played them in a "competitive" environment and it's not just St Mirren fans that think that way. Our salary budget isn't too far off what Celtic and Rangers pay their playing staff. I'm not saying we have the same budget as them but I am saying MLSE wouldn't break a sweat trying to pay more than those teams if it made sense.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we need to have a method of proving how good (or bad) MLS is on the world stage. Until we do that, the only way we're going to be able to entice good solid players to consider us over mid table teams in decent European leagues without making them choose between cash and International aspirations is to beg and plead and overpay them. There's way too many people in Europe who think MLS is a "recreational lifestyle league" and that has to change or this league will never be considered legit by good players in their prime.
    Last edited by buddies; 01-02-2022 at 11:24 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Me thinks it translates better into "A Lot of F_cking Money".
    Folks we may be making the same mistakes as with net/gross, per year or per contract, Euro / USD / CAD.

I believe the proper translation is "a metric fucktonne of money."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    When it comes to chasing players like Insigne and Belotti one thing I believe MLS needs to improve on if they want to increase their chances of success AND reduce the extravagent prices they need to pay to convince the players is to find a way to put the league in the European football shop window. There's way too many people in Europe that under value the calibre of MLS. They need to find a competitive forum to go head to head with some of these European teams (tournament or something ... one of the things I like about this Leagues Cup expansion).

I'm not suggesting they take on the likes of Champions League calibre teams just yet but even lower Championship, SPFL, Dutch or Belgian Leagues. I'm a life long St Mirren fan and I can't believe how low of an opinion even (not all of them but quite a few) St Mirren fans believe because they play in the SPFL that they are way better than MLS teams. It pains me to say it but TFC would rip them a new arsehole if they played them in a "competitive" environment and it's not just St Mirren fans that think that way. Our salary budget isn't too far off what Celtic and Rangers pay their playing staff. I'm not saying we have the same budget as them but I am saying MLSE wouldn't break a sweat trying to pay more than those teams if it made sense.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we need to have a method of proving how good (or bad) MLS is on the world stage. Until we do that, the only way we're going to be able to entice good solid players to consider us over mid table teams in decent European leagues without making them choose between cash and International aspirations is to beg and plead and overpay them. There's way too many people in Europe who think MLS is a "recreational lifestyle league" and that has to change or this league will never be considered legit by good players in their prime.
    Yep. And hence your RPB Registered User name explained!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why settle on Belotti for striker? Lukaku seems to be available and has the necessary Italian connections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Folks we may be making the same mistakes as with net/gross, per year or per contract, Euro / USD / CAD.

I believe the proper translation is "a metric fucktonne of money."

So what is it gonna be... The Sh__load Of Money Deal, The Sh__-Ton Of Money Deal, The Sh__load Of Cash Deal, (EDIT) The A S__t Load Of Money Deal or The A F__k-ton Of Money Deal. Survey says...
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-02-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

un sacco di soldi,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    un sacco di soldi,
    Yep. Me likes. Corriere Canadese, I think you got your headline...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very encouraging news. My only hope is that we could find a mutually amicable resolution to get Insigne in time for the pre-season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    January Open - Here's What's Coming Up for Those Trying to Keep Up

Insigne Signs?
    Bill Manning reportedly flies to Italy this week (supposedly Wednesday) regardless of the figures it appears most is settled, the question after that is: will he come now or in June?

Akinola and Perruzza Re-Sign?
    Akinola deal close amid Whitecaps interest and Perruzza expected to put pen to paper on a long-term deal.

Marshall-Rutty Speculation for Summer 2022
    JMR has had trials at Arsenal and Liverpool already, and Liverpool starlet Harvey Elliott seems to be trying to get JMR to "sign" something per the comments on his last Instagram post. JMR cannot move until he turns 18 this June, however a deal can be agreed in advance similar to Alphonso Davies' transfer.

Soteldo (back) to Brazil?
    TFC is actively shopping Soteldo around and there is interest in Brazil, but the club is only interested in selling (no loans) and has attached a 7 million dollar price tag to the winger who has attracted interest from Sao Paulo and Palmeiras. Notably, a deal with Sao Paulo has been linked to a swap for U-22 midfielder, Nestor, who appears well seasoned despite his years. Soteldo occupies one of three DP spots, of which a player such as Insigne or Belotti would require.

Jozy Altidore Buy-Out Impasse
    Since the report in Fall 2021 that Jozy was to be a free agent there has been little movement until this week when it was discovered that the impasse between the club and Jozy was compensating his option year (2023). The player appears to have all the leverage here as he occupies one of three DP spots, of which a player such as Insigne or Belotti would require.

Andrea Belotti Pursuit
    All reports on this appear premature, although some seem more bullish than others on this potential deal. Like Insigne, Belotti's contract runs out this Summer and would be available on a free. Expect clarity on this to pick-up in the coming weeks as front office priority moves off closing Insigne and onto the rest of the squad, especially if Manning journeys to Rome on Wednesday as reported.

Criscito
    It has been reported months ago that Criscito (Genoa) has been a target of the club and numbers have recently come out ranging from 1.4m USD to 3m EUR. Details on this remain murky, but as with Belotti clarity should be expected as Insigne reaches conclusion and if/when Manning goes to Italy. The club however, clearly needs a centre-back so push will have to come to shove on Criscito or another this month.

Another Striker
    It has also been reported recently that an "Italian striker" (besides Belotti) is in the club's sights, which previous reports would suggest is Mattia Destro (Genoa). There has also been a report of interest in Spanish striker, Jesus Jimenez, currently of Gornik Zabreze (Poland). These reports as well as those of Belotti suggest that a striker is also on his way in this month.
    Post of the thread Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely agree. Although, I wonder how forthcoming some of these opponents would be. They have little to gain from such an arrangement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Folks we may be making the same mistakes as with net/gross, per year or per contract, Euro / USD / CAD. I believe the proper translation is "a metric fucktonne of money."
    LOL….nice …. To be honest, i dont really care about the rumors of how much it is right now (Net vs Gross). We will eventually find out. All that really matters is that it is significantly more than what is being offered to him right now.

But, I can see the recycled ad now … change the setting to Naples. “It’s a fucktonne of money”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6VtbRZkCf4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s some amazing marketing to be had if Insigne signs. I hope they go for it and aren’t still scared from the Defoe stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting note on these big three players we are linked to - All three (Insigne, Belotti and Criscito) are the captains of their respective clubs. The leadership they could bring is something we should not overlook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL….nice …. To be honest, i dont really care about the rumors of how much it is right now (Net vs Gross). We will eventually find out. All that really matters is that it is significantly more than what is being offered to him right now.

But, I can see the recycled ad now … change the setting to Naples. “It’s a fucktonne of money”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6VtbRZkCf4
    Agreed (for the sake of not getting into a translation battle!?!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google translate - rough but you get the point.
    The negotiation with the Toronto FC has reached the final jokes,
    What a brilliant line.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure there is a way to win that beyond increasing the quality of play all over the pitch, which is not an MLS priority.

Lots of twitter responses about the figure is "didn't think an MLS team could afford that".

The European pyramids are largely driven by resources - the more you have, the more your team succeeds & pays. The average Euro football follower thinks MLS teams can't afford 330K a week because that's not what teams at MLS' perceived quality level can afford.

Until MLS teams are more concerned with how good team players at the quality depth of 9 through 20 are, no matter how much you spend on 1-8, it won't matter. (see average MLS goal keeper)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Completely agree. Although, I wonder how forthcoming some of these opponents would be. They have little to gain from such an arrangement.
    Pick the right format and there's a lot of US corporate sponsors that might throw some cash at it. Not all European teams are floating in cash and for the right prize ... as the Million Dollar Man used to say ... Every man has his price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Yep. And hence your RPB Registered User name explained!
    ... Doh! ... cover's blown ... lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick the right format and there's a lot of US corporate sponsors that might throw some cash at it. Not all European teams are floating in cash and for the right prize ... as the Million Dollar Man used to say ... Every man has his price.
    I believe the Club World Cup is being expanded to this end. Although I don’t understand the hosting model, would be more feasible if it took a Champions League format.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think MLSE will market this well. Tanenbaum always wants to win but Bell is the one who really would want this deal to take place. With CMNT doing so well, Bell is going all in as they pretty much have all the soccer broadcasts. Bell definitely sees the huge opportunity

Rogers would screw this up but Bell won’t so TFC is lucky they’re on the right side of the broadcast split

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 more days until the SuperDraft. TFC holds pick #3.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    I think MLSE will market this well. Tanenbaum always wants to win but Bell is the one who really would want this deal to take place. With CMNT doing so well, Bell is going all in as they pretty much have all the soccer broadcasts. Bell definitely sees the huge opportunity

Rogers would screw this up but Bell won’t so TFC is lucky they’re on the right side of the broadcast split
    So true.

TSN (Bell) has the World Cup games for 2022 so going all in for TFC (also on TSN) makes a lot of sense.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    9 more days until the SuperDraft. TFC holds pick #3.
    Has anyone seen a list of top prospects available? Haven't really seen anything come up yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So true.

TSN (Bell) has the World Cup games for 2022 so going all in for TFC (also on TSN) makes a lot of sense.

The MLS contract in Canada with TSN has finished. There is no current Canadian rights broadcaster.

There is some specualation onesoccer is going to go after it - gawd help us if we have to listen to Wheeler every week.

Point being, TSN/Bell are not necessarily tied to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Has anyone seen a list of top prospects available? Haven't really seen anything come up yet.
    Here's a couple

http://draftutopia.com/2022mlsmockdraft.html

https://collegesoccernews.com/an-ear...ls-superdraft/