Page 24 of 288 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    IIRC all players over 23 or 24 are on guaranteed contact unless they are specifically on loan or on a set short term contract with options.

KP uses the loans and short term contracts with options, as I understand it, TFC did not before.

If you released the entire squad you would have had $1m of cap left.
    There's a second conditional attached: you need at least 3 years MLS experience AND need to be at least 24 years of age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TFCAURORA View Post
    wiki has urruti on loan with TFC
    Ok, we know Urruti is coming at the end of April, and no name has been released for the Argentine midfielder, this is my speculation. Mauro Formica 22, on loan from Newell's Old Boys as been with Blackburn (Nelsen's connection) through to 2014. Perhaps it is this guy and not Urruti that is the DP since Urruti is coming in under loan. He would be a bigger name than Urruti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're both probably coming in on loans initially, Payne has already talked multiple times about not wanting the club to become "married" to players. It's smart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownchef View Post
    Ok, we know Urruti is coming at the end of April, and no name has been released for the Argentine midfielder, this is my speculation. Mauro Formica 22, on loan from Newell's Old Boys as been with Blackburn (Nelsen's connection) through to 2014. Perhaps it is this guy and not Urruti that is the DP since Urruti is coming in under loan. He would be a bigger name than Urruti.
    Don't think so. Little bit of research shows Mauro Formica is twenty five not twenty two. Also he's on loan from Blackburn with Palermo (5 apps 1 goal) so I don't see how he would be coming here with Urruti. Urruti will be the young DP, along with a probably $100,000 - $200,000 midfielder. I don't think the guy will be cheap.

Do we know if both the players coming from Argentina are from the same team? Are we assuming they're two separately attached players?

If they're both from Newell I don't expect the midfielder to be high of quality. Probably a "You want Urruti you'll have to pay more then that." "Okay we'll pay a little extra. But you gotta sweeten the deal for us." and they threw in some boy.

If they're from seperate clubs AND the club the midfielder is coming from is one of "Nelsens Connections" as we've been happily referring to these transfers as (Ephraim, Bostock, etc) then i'm a bit more optimistic.

Either way, anything that gets Jeremy Hall out of that starting slot is welcome, am'i'rite?

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    They're both probably coming in on loans initially, Payne has already talked multiple times about not wanting the club to become "married" to players. It's smart.
    Payne is very smart taking the boys on loan, with the option to permanently own them at the end of the loan. For example Bostock hasn't had a bad game yet, playing against LAG he had to defend a little to hard so he wasn't as effective going forward, and during the end of the game when we were pushing to win it 3-2 you could tell how exhausted he was in the corner. I've heard his contract expires in the summer, and he can become a Toronto player, isn't that amazing? Good deal that is.

It's like an extended trial with the ability to actually play them in games that count. I'm not a football manager so I have no clue how you can judge how good a player is from just training with the first team, I would think its still a bit of a gamble signing them on. But if they come in without that option to take them at the end of the loan, we're screwing ourselves over.

Remember Plata & Eckersley from the old regimes. We had them, then when the off season came there was clearly no deal in place to keep them and one player grew unhappy (to be fair: mainly with Mariners style of play.) and the other is on a gigantic contract (to be fair: My father & I both feel Eckersley is one of the best players on the team.)
    Last edited by West220Side; 04-05-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro8mNo new trialists at #TFC training today. A few academy players training with the team today.

Toronto FC@torontofc10m@tfcacademy: @torontofc 5 Kia TFC Academy players at training - M. Aparicio, M.A. Kaye, M. Wagenknecht, C. Mannella, J. Gayle” #TFClive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not look at the wiki, the club hasnt confirmed anything yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    If they're from seperate clubs AND the club the midfielder is coming from is one of "Nelsens Connections" as we've been happily referring to these transfers as (Ephraim, Bostock, etc) then i'm a bit more optimistic.
    I wouldn't bet on the midfielder having any sort of ties to Nelsen, nor do I think it's of any real concern. As others have pointed out previously, the signings of Ephraim, Bostock and Russell were made mostly because we needed the bodies as a short term solution, and as Nelsen has said in interviews since, the club had done nothing in terms of scouting for Payne to use once he arrived at the club. So Payne turned to Nelsen so that we could bring in some players who could at least get the job done in the interim, before Payne starts fashioning the team himself.

These first two signings are Payne beginning that process. We'll see what happens, but I expect both to be week in and week out starters, some of the core guys on this club going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note. Screw the additional midfielder, bring in Joey Barton C'mon Nelsen, you know the boy. Ring him up.
    He called Thiaga Silva a "overweight ladyboy" the other day. Could you imagine O'Dea, Califf, Dunfield, and Barton in a XI. I've never seen four men on the same team get red cards before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davos has said he knows who the 2nd player is but is waiting for confirmation from a second source before he puts it out publicly.

Jason deVos ‏@jasondevos 4h I have a very good idea. RT @gdg_9: @jasondevos Any word on who the second one is? Or even what type of MF?

Collapse

11:49 AM - 5 Apr 13 · Details

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, second sources. Why doesnt anybody want to be first anymore, only correct? I can wait for the name, no rush but it's exciting to know we'll be looking him up on YouTube shortly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason devos knows as much soccer as does a new born baby-just listen to him een hes commentator and my point will be proven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manager87 View Post
    Jason devos knows as much soccer as does a new born baby-just listen to him een hes commentator and my point will be proven
    Ok.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    I've never seen four men on the same team get red cards before.
    Not since Hscanovics, Usanov, Saric, Serioux, & Joseph Nane were out there weekly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Toronto FC@torontofc10m@tfcacademy: @torontofc 5 Kia TFC Academy players at training - M. Aparicio, M.A. Kaye, M. Wagenknecht, C. Mannella, J. Gayle” #TFClive
    I'm guessing these players will feature at some point in the reserve game today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manager87 View Post
    You know he's the former captain of Ipswich and of our National team, right?

Was there copious drinking involved in this statement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    You know he's the former captain of Ipswich and of our National team, right?

Was there copious drinking involved in this statement?
    I think in reference to the mystery MF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of his history, his pro-Montreal commentary during TFC games irritates the piss out of me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically they're Montreal games too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Technically they're Montreal games too...
    Oy! C'mon lets get 'em lads!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    Regardless of his history, his pro-Montreal commentary during TFC games irritates the piss out of me.
    bingo, if I am not mistaken he played for them back in the day. The other thing Canadians forget about this guy is he played low level english/scottish football, there seems to be some consensus on here that he gets credit as he played at a high level, nonsense, the level TFC players are at now is as good as or better then he played at it. No time for him, he's a TFC hater

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine. You ignore him.

Most of the rest of us won't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems Honduran Arnold Peralta will be signing with Scottish side Rangers:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...ll-be-Ger.html

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Seems Honduran Arnold Peralta will be signing with Scottish side Rangers:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...ll-be-Ger.html
    "Perlata, 23, revealed: “I have 90 per cent agreed to sign for Rangers." Until he pulls the chute....just thinking of what happened with Toronto. Pretty sure he said just needed to finalize little details with us too. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    "Perlata, 23, revealed: “I have 90 per cent agreed to sign for Rangers." Until he pulls the chute....just thinking of what happened with Toronto. Pretty sure he said just needed to finalize little details with us too. LOL
    “Every player from Honduras dreams of playing in Europe. I am going to play for Rangers which is a massive club"

LOL. Once he figures out they play 3rd division he has "A change of heart".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope he enjoys his 3rd division football. I'm going out on a limb and saying he very much in it for the cash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling this is a ploy to get notice from other European clubs. Haven't the rangers already blown through a good chunk of their ipo cash? They can't be offering much wage wise, not even tfc level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxi Urruti is starting today for Newell's Old Boys vs Colon in Argentinian League:

http://espnfc.com/us/en/gamecast/sta...t=true&cc=5901

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/179525...-santa-fe.html

Just find it strange that if TFC has signed Urruti then why is he still playing and even in starting 11 for Newell's. Hope he doesn't get injured.

Don't understand it myself, but what are you thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Maxi Urruti is starting today for Newell's Old Boys vs Colon in Argentinian League:

http://espnfc.com/us/en/gamecast/sta...t=true&cc=5901

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/179525...-santa-fe.html

Just find it strange that if TFC has signed Urruti then why is he still playing and even in starting 11 for Newell's. Hope he doesn't get injured.

Don't understand it myself, but what are you thoughts?
    Game time isn't a bad thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't understand it myself, but what are you thoughts?[/QUOTE]

just cause wiki says its so doesnt mean it is.. ill believe it when hes wearing the tfc kit. btw its been 5 weeks since it was a 'done deal'. im not holding my breath anymore on Urruti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not basing it on what Wikipedia says, but I believe Neil Davidson when he writes that Max Urruti and another Argentinian midfielder are signed and will join TFC by the end of the month. He wouldn't write it if it wasn't accurate.

Neil Davidson ‏@NeilMDavidson 3 Apr #TorontoFC lands Argentine striker Maximiliano Urruti and an Argentine midfielder. Both expected by end of month.

http://metronews.ca/sports/619747/to...of-argentines/