Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 6 - Chicago Fire @ TFC Saturday April 28 3pm - Coming Back Home

For once I'm being personal with this choice - that's my neighbourhood today. My library -my subway stops. My memories.

My city. Our city.

Fuck this shit today.

Welcome back to the boys from the journey. Whatever happens Wednesday, you rep this city.

See you all on Saturday.

Have at It people
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-23-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one, Og. Great sentiments in on an awful day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cherono View Post
    Nice one, Og. Great sentiments in on an awful day.
    Seconded.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that video, I needed that!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said Og. Thanks for posting Game Threads as always.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re Back!!!!

RPB Tailgate

Saturday April 28th @ 11:30am (Toronto FC v Chicago Fire 3:00pm Kick-Off)

You heard it right. Tailgates are back with some sweet eats to match the sweet taste of success as reigning MLS Champs!! Everyone is welcome to attend.

** Food available until 1:30pm **

Planned Menu
    Supporters Shield Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
    MLS Cup Champion Tacos
    Glenn M’s Ribs!!
    Burgers & Hot dogs (vegetarian available)
    Salads
    Water & Pop
    Snacks

We will be set up in our usual location in the parking lot on the east side of BMO field. (Nunavut Rd.) We hope to see you there!

RPB Tailgate Team

** Note: Times and dates subject to change depending on weather or events on CNE grounds **

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its time to look forward and not worry about what happened yesterday. Put out the best 11 available and douse the Fire. Can't wait for Saturday.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully the South End can take the lead on this for Saturday....

Rather than lead off the game with "Reds Go Marching In" as usual, would be nice to give the team a couple minutes of ovation for the CCL run, then get into the chants.
    Might take a bit for the rest of the stadium to catch on, but I think it would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Its time to look forward and not worry about what happened yesterday. Put out the best 11 available and douse the Fire. Can't wait for Saturday.
    Will be interesting to see who that best 11 is at this point given all the CCL carnage.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defence is going to be Hernandez & whom ever else they can patch up.

I suspect Oso & Delgado get a day off. Bradley, Vasquez Hasler, Aketxe, Morgan

Seba & Hamilton I would hope but I suspect its going to be Ricketts & Seba.

Even patched up, we are a better team then Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the state of our injuries on defence, the team may be asking a few people from the stands to sub in. Who is match fit on these boards?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be there this weekend with my family. My 2 year old's first game, and my birthday. Looking to purchase a kit for my b-day present.

Random question: We're coming in from out of town for the weekend and would love to take the Go Train in rather than the car. Is there a place with lockers nearby that we can stash our bags before the match?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saint2e View Post
    Will be there this weekend with my family. My 2 year old's first game, and my birthday. Looking to purchase a kit for my b-day present.

Random question: We're coming in from out of town for the weekend and would love to take the Go Train in rather than the car. Is there a place with lockers nearby that we can stash our bags before the match?
    can try fan services at the stadium, but I would just take them to the seats if not too big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

If Im Delgado, I watn to get back out there asap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitch might still be an issue this weekend. I saw it on Thursday night and, not surprising, it looked to be in rough shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irwin; Telfer, Hernandez, Zavaleta, Hasler; Bradley, Fraser, Chapman, Aketxe; Seba, Hamilton is what I think we'll end up with. Hamilton being subbed in over Ricketts in a Champions League final is signal enough that Vanney rates him over Ricketts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Irwin; Telfer, Hernandez, Zavaleta, Hasler; Bradley, Fraser, Chapman, Aketxe; Seba, Hamilton is what I think we'll end up with. Hamilton being subbed in over Ricketts in a Champions League final is signal enough that Vanney rates him over Ricketts.
    Zavaleta also has an injury: quadriceps. He was only good enough for the bench last night. After the long trip back from Guadalajara, he may get a break for this weekend to fully heal. I think we may actually see Dunn again.

Anybody know why Hernandez didn't play vs. Chivas, wasn't even on the bench? Was he not eligible because he wasn't named to the CCL roster in time?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney says Telfer is an offensive winger & not really a defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Zavaleta also has an injury: quadriceps. He was only good enough for the bench last night. After the long trip back from Guadalajara, he may get a break for this weekend to fully heal. I think we may actually see Dunn again.

Anybody know why Hernandez didn't play vs. Chivas, wasn't even on the bench? Was he not eligible because he wasn't named to the CCL roster in time?
    Jesus Christ please not Dunn again, he's not ready for this level Nikolic will destroy him. I'd rather us do a rotation at CB like VDW for 45 and someone else for 45 than have Dunn out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was listed as being out for “match fitness”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current forecast - 8 degrees, partly sunny and no rain.

GET OUT THE SUNSCREEN

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Christ please not Dunn again, he's not ready for this level Nikolic will destroy him. I'd rather us do a rotation at CB like VDW for 45 and someone else for 45 than have Dunn out there.
    I'm not saying Dunn because I think it's a good idea. I just don't think anyone else is available. Apparently even Hernandez was out Wednesday due to "match fitness" so though he'll probably play CB on Saturday it's not like he's super fit either. VDW also had a recent injury. Anyone still nursing an injury, or at risk of injury after all the recent games and flights, should not be playing Saturday. We have a real crisis at the moment at CB with Moor, Mavinga, Hagglund, Zavaleta all injured, as well as Morrow who can also play CB; and Hernandez and VDW not too fit either. We need to think of the whole season and get everybody healthy. Who else would you play at CB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying Dunn because I think it's a good idea. I just don't think anyone else is available. Apparently even Hernandez was out Wednesday due to "match fitness" so though he'll probably play CB on Saturday it's not like he's super fit either. VDW also had a recent injury. Anyone still nursing an injury, or at risk of injury after all the recent games and flights, should not be playing Saturday. We have a real crisis at the moment at CB with Moor, Mavinga, Hagglund, Zavaleta all injured, as well as Morrow who can also play CB; and Hernandez and VDW not too fit either. Who else would you play?
    I understand the crisis, but playing Dunn is almost like giving up on 3 points. You can get a couple guys to push through 45 minutes at CB I'm sure. Otherwise screw it just play Bradley there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Dunn is not close to ready and we don't need to throw him to the wolves again.

If we don't have 3 healthy CBs move Bradley back there and play Fraser at DM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we turn our full focus back to domestic action it may be worthwhile taking note of the fact that the league has gotten stronger than last year with several teams improving, some substantially. We’re pretty banged up right now so I expect a hybrid 1st eleven/reserves on Saturday. I’m bracing myself that it might not go our way after our exertion on Wednesday. Going forward we will need all the strength, courage and resolve to retain our crown. We need to play at the same level as we did in the CCL to keep the MLS Cup, which surely must be our priority. Hell even the Voyagers might not be a walk in the park with Vancouver looking revitalized in the early weeks of the season. However if we play like we know we can we can reel back the deficit, little by little, step by step. I truly believe we are the best team in MLS but there are some serious challengers this season. We’d do well to take no one lightly and play every game like we did on Wednesday night in Guadalajara

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, Dunn is just way out of his element here, To throw a 17 year old in, he has to be an exceptional defender, which to be fair Dunn is not, more time needed in the lower leagues.

See we do agree Portu,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I agree, Dunn is just way out of his element here, To throw a 17 year old in, he has to be an exceptional defender, which to be fair Dunn is not, more time needed in the lower leagues.

See we do agree Portu,
    Haha good to see

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't Zavaleta be part of that pairing? Noticed he was in the 18 on Wednesday but didn't play which seemed odd with Bradley playing CB. Assuming he had a knock.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saint2e View Post

Always best to call TFC FO first during the week to confirm but you should be able to use Fan Services. They check in strollers/umbrellas and all that stuff you are not allowed to bring to your seats on game days because of restrictions at the stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Wouldn't Zavaleta be part of that pairing? Noticed he was in the 18 on Wednesday but didn't play which seemed odd with Bradley playing CB. Assuming he had a knock.
    Yes, Zavaleta has a quadriceps injury, was only on the bench vs. Chivas in case of absolute emergencies.

I have no idea who they will play on Saturday, anywhere on the field.