Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11-man TFC beat them 3-0. 10-man TFC beat them 2-0.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was as comprehensive a beatdown as I've ever seen TFC do Columbus. And it's not that Columbus played *that* bad, it's just that they could unlock the Red's defence and got caught on the counter several times. Great rope-a-dope tactics from Vanney. It reminded me of how Montreal played in the playoffs. Has there been a comb in MLS this season yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, I said earlier I just don't see where the goals are going to come from tonight. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't believe I had to miss this game!

What a win, though. If that's not a pick-me-up after the crap show in Ottawa nothing is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every once in a while, when you follow a team, you get a glorious night. Tonight is one of those. Critiques can wait for tomorrow.

Glorious... simply glorious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 5-0 game in the league this year. There have been a couple 6-1 games.

That was the game that should have happened Tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a made up trophy but it still feels so good to win it like this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever Vanney, Cheyrou, and Irwin said after the Tuesday game,

Plus benching all the poor performers after that game,

Definitely did the trick. Wow! It feels so good, after Columbus mostly dominated us in all those early awful years.

I was totally shocked by Spencer tonight. I saw him play a TFC II game, and he looked really decent & especially motivated. Tonight was just strange. Hardly ran for the ball, didn't jump for the ball when there was a long pass forward. I wonder if he was playing scared & tentative in the big stadium & under the big lights. Setup a nice goal, otherwise nothing.

Everyone else, wow! Ricketts is still best as a supersub, but he gets the job done when needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was amused that the players gave the Trillium Cup to the Inebriatti, and then left the field, and left it with them.

Seemed right on all levels.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinch me. I am dreaming. Somebody is going to wake me up and Preki is going to be coaching TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morrow and Beits have a crazy engine. Without them this system doesn't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I was amused that the players gave the Trillium Cup to the Inebriatti, and then left the field, and left it with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing win tonight to the Red patch boys, I mean the players on the field, they played one hell of a match, and 5-0 is a heck of a result, I think the red patch boys are coming closer to the players and their turning more into what the Red Patch boys want and need.

Last edited by PawTar711; 05-27-2017 at 12:36 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    11-man TFC beat them 3-0. 10-man TFC beat them 2-0.
    Heh-heh-heh-heh-hehhhhh.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fans no doubt left it in the stands....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the post-goal Oso is rejuvenating, powerful pin-point passing, good movement, good touches, good playmaking (leading to Hamilton's goal), fast decision making, just like back then. Hopefully he can continue this on to Wednesday vs. Ottawa. Again another assist by Edwards, so much potential for the young lad.

Spencer is like a Justin Braun 2.0. But I think his movement and tactical awareness can be tweaked after gaining more chemistry with the 1st team. IMO, I still think he should be behind Hamilton on the depth chart.

Who would've thought we will score 5 goals tonight, good W for the boys. Although everyone played well, Vazquez was the catalyst tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody else think of Laurent Robert when Vasquez scored on the set piece?

If I remember it right, Robert's goal involved a TFC player rolling off the wall to create the gap. This one was cheekier, and harder to execute.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-27-2017 at 07:29 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Yeeeeeeeesssss!!!!

Any doubts I had about Vazquez have long sinced vanished. At first I was cautious as I wanted a playmaker in the Kljestan mould. However even if Victor isnt quite as good as the American, (and that's debatable) he's certainly in the same league. Hes turning out to be a great signing and could well be the part of the jigsaw that was missing last season
    Well I would certainly debate you on your remark, personally I think Vasquez is in a different league to Kljestan.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a good night sleep, a coffee and time to ponder

Vasquez - a DP not on DP money. Nobody in this league sees passes he does - nobody makes them. Took his penalty perfectly, not opening up and waiting to see a hint of movement before getting it done. Bradley made the right decision to go to Vasquez. And the pass Vasquez made to open up that channel to Ricketts was sublime.

Rickets is not going to score until later in the game - I'm convinced he is permanent super sub material. He'll create goals before that but his shooting, although better then it used to be, is not what it should be.

Spencer has no leg strength. His passes slowed down after a few yards. We were ribbing him mercilessly in our area, until he did that decent take away and made the obvious pass. Then it was laughing.
    Guy can't cover ground at this level, yet. Was getting beat in the air consistently. Aas khso11 said, Justin Braun. Needs a season down in TFCII then we'll see. A project but lacked the athleticism for MLS - not sure he'll get there.

In the second half, Vanney got Hamilton ready ASAP at minute 53. And, although to be fair it was 3-0 so easier, Hamilton responded and acted a lot more Jozy like. His movement, his aerial jumps. That was last year's Hamilton. Hoping to see more of that on Wednesday.

Man..Mavinga is good. We have a legit very very good back 4 with Hagglund. Moor controlling the back is fun to watch too.

Delgado was worth a red but before that he showed why he's in the starting midfield now - the guy works his socks off and moves the ball quickly.

Bradley had his usual unseen unspectacular but dominating game. Not only did he harass Higuain out of the match, his passing was excellent. With him in the squad, we are just a much better team. He had 10 recoveries last night.

Perfect weather, great crowd, good game. Still smiling. On to Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was one of our best wins of all time. Not just because of the insane score line but the players we did it with, and missing Giovinco and Jozy. This is a pretty good Columbus team that we absolutely thumped. Someone said it earlier: this was a statement win.
    Last edited by Canary10; 05-27-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch or even follow the game (was DJing a loft party in the evening).

Each and every game Vasquez continues to showcase not only his talents, but leadership. He is quickly becoming one of my all time TFC players, simply because he shows that "team first" mentality.

And as others, completely blown away by the 5-0 scoreline. That's amazing.

Hope to be at the game on Tuesday against Ottawa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So a good night sleep, a coffee and time to ponder

Vasquez - a DP not on DP money. Nobody in this league sees passes he does - nobody makes them. Took his penalty perfectly, not opening up and waiting to see a hint of movement before getting it done. Bradley made the right decision to go to Vasquez. And the pass Vasquez made to open up that channel to Ricketts was sublime.

Rickets is not going to score until later in the game - I'm convinced he is permanent super sub material. He'll create goals before that but his shooting, although better then it used to be, is not what it should be.

Spencer has no leg strength. His passes slowed down after a few yards. We were ribbing him mercilessly in our area, until he did that decent take away and made the obvious pass. Then it was laughing.
    Guy can't cover ground at this level, yet. Was getting beat in the air consistently. Aas khso11 said, Justin Braun. Needs a season down in TFCII then we'll see. A project but lacked the athleticism for MLS - not sure he'll get there.

In the second half, Vanney got Hamilton ready ASAP at minute 53. And, although to be fair it was 3-0 so easier, Hamilton responded and acted a lot more Jozy like. His movement, his aerial jumps. That was last year's Hamilton. Hoping to see more of that on Wednesday.

Man..Mavinga is good. We have a legit very very good back 4 with Hagglund. Moor controlling the back is fun to watch too.

Delgado was worth a red but before that he showed why he's in the starting midfield now - the guy works his socks off and moves the ball quickly.

Bradley had his usual unseen unspectacular but dominating game. Not only did he harass Higuain out of the match, his passing was excellent. With him in the squad, we are just a much better team. He had 10 recoveries last night.

Perfect weather, great crowd, good game. Still smiling. On to Wednesday.
    Very good summary. I will add that although I do agree with you that Ricketts is better coming on late in games, I thought last night he did very well, he utilized his greatest asset (speed) and gave Mensah fits all evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody else think of Laurent Robert when Vasquez scored on the set piece?

If I remember it right, Robert's goal involved a TFC player rolling off the wall to create the gap. This one was cheekier, and harder to execute.
    That was amazing to see. BEAUTY!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that we thumped a likely playoff team that badly, without arguably 2 of the top 5 (at least) forwards in the league. 5-0 with the 3rd, 4th, and 5th-choice strikers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a night all around. The Reds overall play was something to watch, a total team effort with Victor leading the way. Had an amazing time in 112, what energy, amazing to experience.

Understand the checking of the tickets after the bombing in Manchester, just wanting to make sure you are suppose to be there. Events like last night's Reds game can be targets and after this week's incident the world is on edge.

Overall what can I say, simply a night I won't forget anytime soon.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the largest league defeat the Crew have ever suffered and they're largest league defeat since 1996. Absolute hammering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woke up today wondering if I just imagined all that in an drunken haze. Obviously not every or even most performances will be at that level, it must be a huge confidence builder to know its possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still high from last night. Vasquez, holy shit, steal of the year, this guy is on another level.

Spencer just looked like a lanky farm boy...the way he's built seems so off for soccer.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Pinch me. I am dreaming. Somebody is going to wake me up and Preki is going to be coaching TFC.
    ... and Mariner will be GM.

It will take a while to adjust to having a good team instead of having the laughing stock of MLS.

Once you've been through so much pain, though, victory feels so much nicer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy la la la la la