Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am genuinely pleased and a little surprised about Johnson. I just though a US team would bid what we did for him and he would choose some southern US city for taxes or proximity to home or as part of setting up a broadcasting career, or whatever. BB rolled the bones and won. It is a huge relief. I did not want to see what Plan B was here, suspect it wasn’t great.

I am not so convinced SJ would have transferred overseas. That for all the social media chatter it was ever really in the cards. I suspect any engagement and offers from the likes of AZ Alkmaar and RSC Anderlecht were agent/player stalking horse feints. IIUC... SJ is an East-Coaster with Georgia origins nee Jamaica; though in adolescence spent time in California and Florida. I believe his calculus always involved consideration for his long-time partner; well done, lucky son-of-a-gun! She is an East-Coaster as well, with Washington DC origins, and has her own career based in NYC. Agree, he likely considered other MLS Clubs since country coverage by airline
    red-eye flights in America are abundant. However, not many established couples are committed enough to be disciples of the Fuchs' School Of Family Life-Relationship Management. Proximity and ease of NYC to Toronto, or vice versa, door to door with Nexus is likely a 3 to 4 hour turnaround; more manageable? Possibly one contributing key factor of the several considered in his decision to play for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

I am not so convinced SJ would have transferred overseas. That for all the social media chatter it was ever really in the cards. I suspect any engagement and offers from the likes of AZ Alkmaar and RSC Anderlecht were agent/player stalking horse feints. IIUC... SJ is an East-Coaster with Georgia origins nee Jamaica; though in adolescence spent time in California and Florida. I believe his calculus always involved consideration for his long-time partner; well done, lucky son-of-a-gun! She is an East-Coaster as well, with Washington DC origins, and has her own career based in NYC. Agree, he likely considered other MLS Clubs since country coverage by airline
    red-eye flights in America are abundant. However, not many established couples are committed enough to be disciples of the Fuchs' School Of Family Life-Relationship Management. Proximity and ease of NYC to Toronto, or vice versa, door to door with Nexus is likely a 3 to 4 hour turnaround; more manageable? Possibly one contributing key factor of the several considered in his decision to play for TFC.
    Wives having careers have to factor. I don't think I'd be living in Edmonton if my wife's career wasn't here. Lots to love about the city, but I'm not Albertan and there are plenty of things about this province generally that are infuriating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DP we need but won't be able to get:
    Canadian Stephen Eustaquio scores to help FC Porto win Portuguese League Cup
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2023/01/28/canadian-stephen-eustaquio-scores-to-help-fc-porto-win-portuguese-league-cup.html

(Here's the goal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT52ULRyn5o)

Maybe they could throw Italian Stallions-ish money at him and make the decision hard, at least.

He's on $1.03 million per year right now apparently. Give him him $5M a season and he'd have a hard time saying no. Put him in this current lineup as the starter and have Bradley or Kaye come in late.

Titles galore.

Never happen though.
    Last edited by jloome; 01-29-2023 at 12:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The DP we need but won't be able to get:
    Canadian Stephen Eustaquio scores to help FC Porto win Portuguese League Cup
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2023/01/28/canadian-stephen-eustaquio-scores-to-help-fc-porto-win-portuguese-league-cup.html

(Here's the goal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT52ULRyn5o)

Maybe they could throw Italian Stallions-ish money at him and make the decision hard, at least.

He's on $1.03 million per year right now apparently. Give him him $5M a season and he'd have a hard time saying no. Put him in this current lineup as the starter and have Bradley or Kaye come in late.

Titles galore.

Never happen though.
    if we could get him in a couple years would be amazing