Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Revs supporters and their boycott

http://revsboycott.blogspot.ca/2012/...raft.html#more
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Some Revs supporters and their boycott

http://revsboycott.blogspot.ca/2012/...raft.html#more

wow they want some interesting things. from firing the manager to buses. seems a bit much.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that its any of my business, but I find it odd that the leaders that be in (RPB) are eerily silent on this protest thing......is it being discussed in private or is this an example of the group being more fractured than I thought. Just wondering because I think you guys are missing the one and probably last opportunity to send a message. I think the guys leading this protest are defenitely headed in the right direction but a little support from their brethren is sadly missing....just my observations take it for whats its worth.

all above with exception of DENIME, seems to be the only one on board
    Last edited by gomesv; 10-08-2012 at 12:24 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post
    Not that its any of my business, but I find it odd that the leaders that be in (RPB) are eerily silent on this protest thing......is it being discussed in private or is this an example of the group being more fractured than I thought. Just wondering because I think you guys are missing the one and probably last opportunity to send a message. I think the guys leading this protest are defenitely headed in the right direction but a little support from their brethren is sadly missing....just my observations take it for whats its worth.
    Before this thread was open,we had discussion,ideas and vote on this whole action in members area,where execs had their input,they don't have to that here in public forum.Just because few people took on themselves to push this trough,it does not mean execs are not doing their part,contacting media,coordinating and so on.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Before this thread was open,we had discussion,ideas and vote on this whole action in members area,where execs had their input,they don't have to that here in public forum.Just because few people took on themselves to push this trough,it does not mean execs are not doing their part,contacting media,coordinating and so on.

Look at my post above my edit came in just before your post (LOL) I think you have been vocal and a leader in this area I just hope you guys grab this opportunity and speak for those of us who only have one voice, lucky for me I still have my wallet to protest with.....thanks for your efforts, I know you are all doing this because you care, which makes it worse somehow.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anselmi actually looks concerned in the "exit" picture ... who knows, he may actually do something about the club, not that he knows beans all about what he's doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Anselmi actually looks concerned in the "exit" picture ... who knows, he may actually do something about the club, not that he knows beans all about what he's doing.
    naw, he's just bored

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    who the fuck is 'they" ? you might have gave up but do not think that you speak for all of of us.
    Yeah, Soccman can't say that with any certainty considering there is no evidence indicating that would be the case. When Toronto FC has a winning season, and still continues to draw poorly, he may have a point. However, that hasn't happened yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be interesting to know how much flexibility he actually has - and how much of a budget he has to work with. When it came to firing Winter he said he needed board approval - that was before Bogers took over, so does he still need board approval for that kind of decision? Does he have the budget to pay out Mariner's salary and to hire another set of execs to run the team?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problably thinking up new ways to milk out the Leafs and Raptors, now that he's landed his long sought after, and undeserved, title of COO at ML$E.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    If you have 20 only people at Gate 4 for protest, banner "we're all that's left" means there are no more fans they give a fcuk about them,no fans no atmosphere,no atmosphere no $$$$ for ML$E.
    Got it Denime.
    Great idea for a banner, would have appropriate at our mini protest!!!
    Wish more would have participated

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds good. tweet the shit out of it. I don't use twitter so i'm no help there.
    Yes agreed, this is our last kick at the can.
    Le Shitpack are coming with both barrels loaded.
    We need to make this huge to show our support for the club and our disappointment with MLSE at the same time.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomesv View Post

all above with exception of DENIME, seems to be the only one on board
    Well, considering the amount that we have discussed this with the membership I can understand you making this point.

There was a large banner placed behind the net which is a pretty strong signal of unity from the group. Everything else comes from peoples desires and ambition which is always a strong message.

We also had some great coverage here last week:

http://www.wakingthered.com/2012/10/...us-proud-again
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone have a connection or know where we can get paper bags? I brought about 8 extras and they went quickly.

it's up to us to move this forward. I've started this event on Facebook. get on it please, share it, spread the word. we want as many people as possible at Gate 4.

It's also Montreal! We all want to "welcome" them back after their last visit.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/236866806442051/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ate too much, drunk too much.
    I ate too much, drunk too much.
    I ate too much. drunk too much.
    now I feel like shit.

is this the page for AA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets throw waffles on the pitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGx7TqdQNC4

Just think, if enough people do it it would be just like Dichio's first goal! Only with waffles!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The group is growning on facebook. there's 26 confirmed and another 10 maybe's. almost 60 left to reply.
    Lets keep this going.
    I've been talking to a lot of guys that have left different groups over the years. They are very interested in what we are doing here.
    Share the link, get the message out. It would be nice if RPB would email members and let them know that they are behind this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The group is growning on facebook. there's 26 confirmed and another 10 maybe's. almost 60 left to reply.
    Lets keep this going.
    I've been talking to a lot of guys that have left different groups over the years. They are very interested in what we are doing here.
    Share the link, get the message out. It would be nice if RPB would email members and let them know that they are behind this.
    Now...if ALL those who confirm, show up......

I expected 50 or so at least on saturday, but counted 14 of us. We got our message in the media to a small extent with that small group, but we could get way more traction with 100 or so.

A big banner in 112 with GATE 4 AFTER MATCH would reach many who are pissed off but unaware of supporter action

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping for more too, but it's still more than came out for the last tailgate and a lot of them weren't interested in the group's Make us Proud movement.

good idea about the banner. anyone interested in putting this together?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone make this a 2-stick? My expertise are not high in this area ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone have a connection or know where we can get paper bags? I brought about 8 extras and they went quickly.
    found this ... http://www.retailbag.com/paperbags/grocerybags.html

$30 - $40 for 500 bags depending on size

Retail Bag Company 416-504-0280 Showroom: 2700 Dufferin Street, Unit # 30

500 bags, cheap ... maybe someone can go to the showroom and try on a few bags, get the right size, cause those LCBO bags did not work well for me, i had to rip a strip off the bottom and then tie it down with my scarf lol ... perhaps they could even punch/drill out eye holes for us ... anyways, i'd chip in some $$ if needed to get a bulk of bags that we could hand out

imagine 500 heads in paper bags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTFC View Post

hey that looks like parkdale!!!
    sort of

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    found this ... http://www.retailbag.com/paperbags/grocerybags.html

$30 - $40 for 500 bags depending on size

Retail Bag Company 416-504-0280 Showroom: 2700 Dufferin Street, Unit # 30

500 bags, cheap ... maybe someone can go to the showroom and try on a few bags, get the right size, cause those LCBO bags did not work well for me, i had to rip a strip off the bottom and then tie it down with my scarf lol ... perhaps they could even punch/drill out eye holes for us ... anyways, i'd chip in some $$ if needed to get a bulk of bags that we could hand out

imagine 500 heads in paper bags
    Need me to bring my car keys again to drill the holes,Lobo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTFC View Post
    Can anyone make this a 2-stick? My expertise are not high in this area ...

I'll do it.

GATE 4 AFTER MATCH

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I'll do it.

GATE 4 AFTER MATCH

YOU my friend - are the man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    Need me to bring my car keys again to drill the holes,Lobo?
    yes, absolutely ... but please sharpen your keys this time, they were rather dull ... rough cuts, eh! lol.

found a guy on kijiji here in london offering 500 paper grocery bags for $20, i'll grab them if he still has them available

and I will have my two stick ready for next game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I'll do it.

GATE 4 AFTER MATCH

Good man !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged