Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Shaffelburg as a super sub?!

Please elaborate. Is that an age thing? He looks ready. Or was that your Brazilian friend who bestowed that knowledge?
    No thats my opinion. I like the shaff dont know if hes starting quality on a championship team though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Somebody needs to tell Laryea to stop the diving - takes one too many touches once in the clear and then looks for the foul instead of making the pass.
    Laryea needs to go to the shaffelburg school of attacking. Make sure there is an end product every time you get the ball in a dangerous area: cross, pass, or shot. He looks like he wants to walk it over the goal line half the time. To his credit he gets pretty close.

But I like what he brings. He’s outrageously fast and aggressive. Just needs to do better things here he gets into those areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    No thats my opinion. I like the shaff dont know if hes starting quality on a championship team though.
    Fair enough. I'm not trying to jump the gun but he seems reliable so far. I said it's way to early for Fraser and that didn't go over well on here.

Sadly I'm not sure we have the depth to ease Shaffelburg in. I could be wrong.

Didn't mean any offence to you or your friend.
    Last edited by Brooker; 07-27-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Fair enough. I'm not trying to jump the gun but he seems reliable so far. I said it's way to early for Fraser and that didn't go over well on here.

Sadly I'm not sure we have the depth to ease Shaffelburg in. I could be wrong.

Didn't mean any offence to you or your friend.
    No problèm man, i just think we need gallardo at rw and another tam guy on the left. When i see the shaff i wonder if he could be a lb in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy we got the three points, but it was a nervous win. Westburg gave up the ball twice in dangerous positions.

This should have been an easy win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a bad game in the least despite it getting a bit chippy and the second half getting a little hairy especially towards the end of the match.

Jozy with an incredible goal, and his performance overall was also quite good.

Pozo played well. Not neutralized, but not quite as effective either. Jozy does pick up a lot of the slack in the midfield creative role though.

Deleon played well and is constantly hustling. Morrow had one of his best games this season. Laryea good other than the Osorio school of diving bit — he’s still a bit weak defensively but he did get back and do some work there too.

Gonzalez was good, but pairing him with Moor leaves us with an incredibly slow back line. Moor is done, though he has performed admirably in the past.

Westberg was a bit hot and cold, especially towards the end, but he made some great saves as well.

Bradley looked okay. You can see how much the Delgado pairing helps out defensively. Delgado himself was quite good last night.

Everybodyshuffleberg had a lot of energy going forward, but he’s still kind of raw. I wonder if that goofy, gangly posture makes it harder for people to read him or something. He’s working hard, but he probably needs a good, experienced winger to learn from. The energy of youth is great, but he has a lot to learn. Good potential, but with quite a bit to work on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Not a bad game in the least despite it getting a bit chippy and the second half getting a little hairy especially towards the end of the match.

Jozy with an incredible goal, and his performance overall was also quite good.

Pozo played well. Not neutralized, but not quite as effective either. Jozy does pick up a lot of the slack in the midfield creative role though.

Deleon played well and is constantly hustling. Morrow had one of his best games this season. Laryea good other than the Osorio school of diving bit — he’s still a bit weak defensively but he did get back and do some work there too.

Gonzalez was good, but pairing him with Moor leaves us with an incredibly slow back line. Moor is done, though he has performed admirably in the past.

Westberg was a bit hot and cold, especially towards the end, but he made some great saves as well.

Bradley looked okay. You can see how much the Delgado pairing helps out defensively. Delgado himself was quite good last night.

Everybodyshuffleberg had a lot of energy going forward, but he’s still kind of raw. I wonder if that goofy, gangly posture makes it harder for people to read him or something. He’s working hard, but he probably needs a good, experienced winger to learn from. The energy of youth is great, but he has a lot to learn. Good potential, but with quite a bit to work on.

Good assessment, was at the game and it was obvious Moor was out of gas around the 55th minute, 1st game back why not sub him with Mavinga and bring in some pace to counter. When Cinci started pressing he wilted but that was somewhat understandable.

Bradley and Delgado did look good but what sometimes you miss with Bradley, his instincts in breaking up plays is really quite good..... reading the next pass way in advance, which makes up for so much.
    Love Shffleburg, can't wait to see what the team does when we have another pacey winger. I am so hoping Gallardo is the real deal. And then counter attack the hell out of the pressing Red Bulls.

COYRS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need another hugely influential player on the attacking end. Question is how to we get it with all the DO slots filled?

I’m totally okay with Gallardo at face value but when other teams in this league are dropping $10 million on wingers we should set our expectations accordingly about what he’s going to provide on the field (ie. more TAM than DP).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We need another hugely influential player on the attacking end. Question is how to we get it with all the DO slots filled?

I’m totally okay with Gallardo at face value but when other teams in this league are dropping $10 million on wingers we should set our expectations accordingly about what he’s going to provide on the field (ie. more TAM than DP).
    Just because a team pays a huge transfer doesn't mean the player is great (see Atlanta).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Just because a team pays a huge transfer doesn't mean the player is great (see Atlanta).
    Well obviously, but all else equal more money should buy more quality, no two ways about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybodyshuffleberg had a lot of energy going forward, but he’s still kind of raw. I wonder if that goofy, gangly posture makes it harder for people to read him or something.
    Otherwise known as "The Soolsma Effect."

Great assessment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if it's the posture making it difficult for other players to read. But i went to the game and noticed quite frequently that Shaff would be open and making the run down the wing and Poz never seems to play him the ball? Does anyone else notice the same thing? I think in the first half he made one give and go with him and that's the only pass Shaff ever received. Not sure if it's a trust thing or maybe he feels he's too young? any thoughts on this? Maybe poz is waiting for Gallardo to take his place and have better chemistry?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the posture making it difficult for other players to read. But i went to the game and noticed quite frequently that Shaff would be open and making the run down the wing and Poz never seems to play him the ball? Does anyone else notice the same thing? I think in the first half he made one give and go with him and that's the only pass Shaff ever received. Not sure if it's a trust thing or maybe he feels he's too young? any thoughts on this? Maybe poz is waiting for Gallardo to take his place and have better chemistry?
    Pozelo threw 2 hissy fits at Shaff, both were for him taking a shot and not crossing it. The 2nd one I feel Shaff was within his rights to take a shot, yes the pass was on but it wasn't like it was a tap in or anything like it. I didn't like seeing this, by all means let your teammates know you wanted the pass but I felt the 2nd time it was over the top. You don't need to get on the way he did. Poz wasn't having a great game, his passing wasn't great so maybe he was frustrated with himself more than Shaff. Young players in todays game don't need to be shouted at like that, encourage them, advise them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Good assessment, was at the game and it was obvious Moor was out of gas around the 55th minute, 1st game back why not sub him with Mavinga and bring in some pace to counter. When Cinci started pressing he wilted but that was somewhat understandable.

Bradley and Delgado did look good but what sometimes you miss with Bradley, his instincts in breaking up plays is really quite good..... reading the next pass way in advance, which makes up for so much.
    Love Shffleburg, can't wait to see what the team does when we have another pacey winger. I am so hoping Gallardo is the real deal. And then counter attack the hell out of the pressing Red Bulls.

COYRS
    Who was joking we'll never see Gallardo play? Why do I have a feeling they are right? His name sounds too close to Gilberto for my liking. Sounds like a made up soccer name from FIFA 94 to me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Who was joking we'll never see Gallardo play? Why do I have a feeling they are right? His name sounds too close to Gilberto for my liking. Sounds like a made up soccer name from FIFA 94 to me.

Nice one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a made up soccer name from FIFA 94 to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Venezuelan Carlos Kaiser?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Venezuelan Carlos Kaiser?

Damn, it won't save my picture of Rico Salamar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Pozelo threw 2 hissy fits at Shaff, both were for him taking a shot and not crossing it. The 2nd one I feel Shaff was within his rights to take a shot, yes the pass was on but it wasn't like it was a tap in or anything like it. I didn't like seeing this, by all means let your teammates know you wanted the pass but I felt the 2nd time it was over the top. You don't need to get on the way he did. Poz wasn't having a great game, his passing wasn't great so maybe he was frustrated with himself more than Shaff. Young players in todays game don't need to be shouted at like that, encourage them, advise them.
    I saw the second time the Poz yelled at Shaff (missed the first time). Not sure it was warranted either, as it he took the shot, which was a rarity for a while with this team. I got a bit concerned seeing this, as Shaff has a pretty decent game. Still not as bad as Seba's hissy fits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, especially the second time, Schaff was correct to try to shoot. A lucky deflection took the sting out of it. (first attempt was in tight and either play -shot or pass - was a dodgy choice IMO)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha. That was me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, it won't save my picture of Rico Salamar.
    or Rico Saladbar as me and my cousin called him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Shaff was getting more passes to him this game compared to the previous couple. Didn't seem to have his arms up as often calling for a pass. Or at least that's what it looked like to me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was for sure getting a lot of passes, (and with that able to create some chances) just none of them were coming from Poz