Default Will you renew your season seats for 2020

After much thought.
    It pains me to say no

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been a SSH since day one, no plans to cancel next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cutting back from 4 to 2 (I have had a pair for a long time and added the second pair in the last few years) — thought I’d get more use out of the four as a family but it simply didn’t happen, and we usually ended up using only 2 for most games.
    Last edited by tfcfans; 08-04-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, we arent newcastle or blackpool levels of dismal. Its annoying and frustrating but no chance in hell will i not renew.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not

TFC until they trade my favourite player

or

TFC until I get annoyed with the coach

or

TFC until they start losing

or

TFC until I have to leave because traffic is going to be a pain

I'll be there next season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been here since day one and have no plans of leaving Through the thick and thin! I guess being a Leafs and Bills fan I’m used to disappointment year in and year out. But love this club too much to give up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    yes, we arent newcastle or blackpool levels of dismal. Its annoying and frustrating but no chance in hell will i not renew.
    I can’t wait for the documentary after TFC gets relegated to Peel Region house league under-16s like Sunderland. No need for tickets, just show up with a foldable chair and you’re all set!

Like most others who have been STH since day one, there’s very little motivating me to not renew. I have two, they’re cheap, and if I can’t make it to the game I have friends and family who can use them.

A string of poor performances after winning all we could win despite being a sitter away from A CCL win isn’t going to motivate me to get rid of them.

I have a pair of seasons for PSG that my dad bought before I was even born. I still try to attend a fair amount of games as I’m usually there once a month anyway. It’s worth keeping just for better access to CL tickets alone.

If the budget was tight or there was no enjoyment derived from them, that’s a different story. Personally, the only thing I struggle to do is rationalize buying food and drink at the game — if it’s for the kids I don’t mind though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 9 tickets in the south; some are mine and others are spoken for by friends and family. I can't confidently say that they'll all renew but I know as long as I'm here; I'll renew my tickets. I don't blame those who don't especially given the price ranges (I pay very little). The club, the people in my section, and the community surrounding the team mean a lot more to me than poor results one year, or two.. three.

I should also add that I've been through way worse with this club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So simply put "YES", I am TFC/RPB Til I Die. Having had seasons since 2009 and survived all the ups and downs leading til the championship in 2017 the Reds will always have a special place in my heart. I was at the 0-5 loss in New York in 2009 with a playoff spot on the line and lived through the 2012-13 seasons when they had less points combined than the then record 69 in '17 so will definitely be sticking around. Plus its still a great value in my eyes.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So simply put "YES", I am TFC/RPB Til I Die. Having had seasons since 2009 and survived all the ups and downs leading til the championship in 2017 the Reds will always have a special place in my heart. I was at the 0-5 loss in New York in 2009 with a playoff spot on the line and lived through the 2012-13 seasons when they had less points combined than the then record 69 in '17 so will definitely be sticking around. Plus its still a great value in my eyes.
    👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👊🏻👊🏻

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be renewing again. They still have ambition it just might not be executed perfectly at the moment.

But I will admit the increases every year are making it tougher to sustain and sell when I can't go. So there needs to be a freeze on prices soon or they may lose lots of renewals.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems premature to have this conversation... at least if you're basing your decision on results from this season. Lots of games left to play, and the East is competitive enough this season we're only a couple results away from 3rd or 4th in the table even though we're sitting outside of playoffs as I write this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's maybe for me. I feel like TFC/MLSE are happy being a mid table team now. I don't see any ambition from current management that wants go big and sign the best and win everything anymore. I don't get the vibe they want to be a "global" team like we heard from them few years back. Signs of Tim Leiweke being gone is finally kicking in for me when comes to TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    It's maybe for me. I feel like TFC/MLSE are happy being a mid table team now. I don't see any ambition from current management that wants go big and sign the best and win everything anymore. I don't get the vibe they want to be a "global" team like we heard from them few years back. Signs of Tim Leiweke being gone is finally kicking in for me when comes to TFC.
    If you want to be a mid table team you don’t have 3/10 of the highest paid players in the league when no other team has more than 1, along with one of the highest overall salaries.

There are intrinsic issues with the team that have caused them to fail over and over again, but these are likely not due to a lack of ambition. If anything, the team has been overconfident, and Vanney’s playstyle is consistent with being overly ambitious if anything.

The cost-cutting rumours that came out with Curtis’ appointment along with other elements aren’t necessarily indicative of a lack of ambition rather than trying to figure out what actually works, given the salary figures and lack of results.

Despite the current dysfunction, I’m pretty sure most of the people complaining wouldn’t be happy having an actual ownership group that lacks ambition (like our Canadian friends the Whitecaps).

We’re not so far removed from being the worst team in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked over my 2019 invoice.
    I pay slightly over $3000/yr for 2 season tickets.

So I reviewed the 2019 year at BMO

i paid $126 for the Panama game which I did not go to because it was -20C, threw out $126
    NE, NYCFC and MN games were great games, great value for the money, like Seba days
    here is where it gets real bad
    Chicago game, Chicago parks the bus all game absolutely terrible entertainment, threw out $150 plus beer, food go train, close to $200
    Philadelphia game, no Jozy, Philadelphia parked the bus, absolutely terrible entertainment, threw out $150 plus beer, food go train, close to $200
    Portland game, same as above
    Dc United game same as above
    San Jose, KC, Atlanta games, no Jozy, no Bradley, no Osorio, no pozo for san jose game, enough said
    NYRB game great game, all stars played great game worth the money
    Houston, all star players did not start ultimate insult to the fans game, tickets $170 plus beer go train!! painful to think about this game
    Cincinnati game sold tickets but watched on tv looked like a boring game
    2 Canadian championship games I have to pay for wchich I do not want to go to, resale value should be very poor, will take a big loss on these games
    plus 4 games left.

so i figure i went to 4 great games this year paid over $3000 for this
    when I read this over its a no brainer

ps: everybody Giovinco aint comin back

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Cutting back from 4 to 2 (I have had a pair for a long time and added the second pair in the last few years) — thought I’d get more use out of the four as a family but it simply didn’t happen, and we usually ended up using only 2 for most games.
    I did the same for the same reasons and the same happened. Haha. I am not going to keep 4 tickets just so my whole family can attend a few good weather games. I can’t even seem to give away the other pair half the time. Really only me and my son at most games. Money is getting tight these days though. Actually considering very seriously giving up all 4 if my situation doesn’t start heading in the right direction. Tough call since I have been a season ticket holder since 2008. Having tickets is a luxury so might have to give that luxury up if it means getting food on the table. Will remain an avid fan and also a RPB no matter what though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I looked over my 2019 invoice.
    I pay slightly over $3000/yr for 2 season tickets.

So I reviewed the 2019 year at BMO

i paid $126 for the Panama game which I did not go to because it was -20C, threw out $126
    NE, NYCFC and MN games were great games, great value for the money, like Seba days
    here is where it gets real bad
    Chicago game, Chicago parks the bus all game absolutely terrible entertainment, threw out $150 plus beer, food go train, close to $200
    Philadelphia game, no Jozy, Philadelphia parked the bus, absolutely terrible entertainment, threw out $150 plus beer, food go train, close to $200
    Portland game, same as above
    Dc United game same as above
    San Jose, KC, Atlanta games, no Jozy, no Bradley, no Osorio, no pozo for san jose game, enough said
    NYRB game great game, all stars played great game worth the money
    Houston, all star players did not start ultimate insult to the fans game, tickets $170 plus beer go train!! painful to think about this game
    Cincinnati game sold tickets but watched on tv looked like a boring game
    2 Canadian championship games I have to pay for wchich I do not want to go to, resale value should be very poor, will take a big loss on these games
    plus 4 games left.

so i figure i went to 4 great games this year paid over $3000 for this
    when I read this over its a no brainer

Spending that much I don't blame you.
    I don't think I even spend that much in a season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I did the same for the same reasons and the same happened. Haha. I am not going to keep 4 tickets just so my whole family can attend a few good weather games. I can’t even seem to give away the other pair half the time. Really only me and my son at most games. Money is getting tight these days though. Actually considering very seriously giving up all 4 if my situation doesn’t start heading in the right direction. Tough call since I have been a season ticket holder since 2008. Having tickets is a luxury so might have to give that luxury up if it means getting food on the table. Will remain an avid fan and also a RPB no matter what though.
    That's funny as its usually my daughter and I going to most of the games, but the rest of what you said resonated with me too - she's the one who has gone to 90% of the games that I attend with me (sometimes in the rain and the cold etc.) since about 2010 or so (she was about 4 at the time) and has grown up with TFC in her life - my other daughter and my wife will end up going to 2 games this year (summer/nice weather games only - I laughed when you said that!), and frankly the highlight for them is going to eat at Joe's before the game - pretty much everything after that is a waste of my money for those two.....ha ha ha ha.....

I'll keep my two original tickets as long as I am financially able to do so too (next year should be fine unless they raise the prices some crazy amount), as the bond that the team has helped to create between my daughter and I as a result of our gameday ritual/experience over the years is worth a lot to me.....but as with all things there has to be a decent return on investment (and I don't just mean financial) in terms of our enjoyment of the product, how many games I will actually attend (this year I will probably get to about 50% of them which is a reasonable amount for me in terms of having a full season's worth of tickets) the entertainment value we get for what we pay (my seats are pretty cheap (under $30) so that helps tremendously as any loss or wasted games that I incur does not bother me "that" much --- I sold the Houston game early enough so that helped me feel a bit better too! - ha ha ha!), in the end we all have to make a decision which suits our own personal needs ---

I will not judge anyone here as more or less of a fan if they decide to give up tickets for whatever reasons (I have had on/off seasons for almost every team in this town except for the Leafs at some point in my life)......my family had Jays season tickets from 1989-1994 --- best decision we ever made was to give them up after that time - we saw everything you could see as fans in that 5 year period, the tickets were literally worthless for the next 20 years afterwards (everyone wanted to go in those years - couldn't give them away afterwards)....I still went to games (and was a fan) in a lot of lean years (had 15 game flex packs when there were like 20-22K in the building) but the need to have a full season of 81 (!!) games was not there.....FYI, I see the same thing happening after this season for the Raptors (for 2020-2021), lots of people won't renew if the team decides to tread water until 2021 or beyond and they keep raising prices, as this year has a post-championship glow to it, and people were also forced to renew for this season prior to Leonard's decision (and don't let the "waiting list of names" fool you, I'm on that one too and if most on that list were offered anything in the lower bowl (at those prices!) for the Raptors they would pass on the seats - Toronto is a rich city but the number of willing "individuals" (ie. not corporate) on that list spending $15,000+ for a pair of Raptors STs (Lower Bowl) is a rather small number - and if you have that much to spend, you probably have tickets already) --- most of the names on those lists only want very cheap seats (Purples/Greens) and are not rushing to invest at inflated prices for a team on a likely downward trend with little ROI for people trying to sell off at least half the games to afford the other half (every "individual" I know with Leafs/Raptors seats does this) - the prices are getting silly for the Raptors, the die-hards had their big pay-off last year (I cherry picked 5-6 regular season games to go to last year (usually bought off of STH, and saved my money for the playoffs), and there are too many meaningless regular season games in the middle of winter that you can't get rid of the tickets for especially if they cost the STH $100 a seat or more (there are about 25 games against non-marquee opponents most seasons in the NBA - who do most people want to see? the top 8-9 Western teams and likely 2 games each against Phil, Mil, Bost, and maybe Brooklyn which is about 15 games in total)....TFC has the benefit of "only" 17-20 home games and a good portion of which are in decent weather months and to some extent the "opponent" doesn't matter as much in MLS in most cases (as opposed to the NBA which is a "star driven" league ---- yes, a few players like Zlatan will move the needle for the casuals to get them to attend, but it's not like Rooney coming to town made an extra 5,000 people buy tickets this year or caused a huge price increase for that game)....it's much easier to invest in the limited amount of MLS games, at considerably lower prices than Raptors seats....but I digress.....

Back to this thread --- I would bet most of the people who will drop tickets in any given year are those paying the highest prices (Reds/Dark Greys), I doubt there is a ton of turnover in Yellows and Light Grays, especially those with legacy pricing.....if they decide to take away that benefit/price point and have my seats cost me double like my neighbors are paying in some cases, I too would rethink things (am I less of a fan if I don't think TFC games are worth $100+ a ticket?!).....maybe the question should be how many people who are not renewing are in the expensive price points, versus the cheaper ones is a better question (or how many who are renewing are in Yellows/Light grays and are paying legacy prices? - I know I am, and it's a big reason why I stayed through some pretty bad years) --- to be frank I was going to support Y9 this year and buy ST, until I saw the prices which were ludicrous in most cases, and judging from what I've seen I wasn't the only one turned off, and now (unfortunately too late in my opinion), the team is rolling back prices to a more reasonable amount.....Our buddy TL didn't just decide to roll back ticket prices a few years back because he wanted to be nice - he did it because he had to....it's not like the "good times" last forever -- the Jays in 1993, never imagined they would be playing in a half full dome a few years later....the 2015/16 Jays filled the building, by 2018 and 2019, Toronto is indifferent to the Jays; any team in this town - other than the Leafs - is prone to this phenomenon, 2-3 years of crappy results after a team has been successful, and you will see a marked downturn in attendance (or at least many, many empty seats).... it's year 2 of TFC after the glory years and if this team fails to achieve this year in the last 10 games, then by 2020 or 2021 there will be lots more empties on game-day --- it's been repeated over and over.....The Jays actually raised (!!) prices this year after a season like 2018 when everyone knew this was a tear-down year (sounds like the Raptors after this year with Lowry/Ibaka/Gasol coming off the books!) - is anyone shocked that they are losing more and more fans than ever before -- people will pay to watch winners in this city, and (save for the Leafs), will not pay to watch losers....or at the least pay very, very little (I think my TFC seats were about $12 after the roll-back).....
    Last edited by tfcfans; 08-06-2019 at 05:36 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious, are you someone who only started following the team in 2016? It's not wrong to have done so, but understandable why you would now ditch your tickets.

A lot of people here are more fans of soccer in general and want their own team to cheer for. Many of us indeed come from backgrounds where one cheered for their local team for generations even if they didn't win the league.

A lot of people over the years made a big deal on this board of ditching their tickets over the years. Many of them came back in 2016-2017 and paid scalpers ridiculous prices to get MLS Cup tickets, or didn't get in at all. Those of us who stuck with the team got rewarded by seeing our team win the treble at home. So we have a different perspective when a team is going through a tough spell.

So you have every right to decide if the tickets are worth your while, entertainment is a discretionary purchase, but understand that most people here are of a different mindset.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-06-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely renewing for next year. It's great to get out and cheer that lads on through the good and bad, and to be honest, it's not bad value for what you are paying for.

It's a real plus to be going to games during the evening at this time of the year (granted the Panama game wasn't fun at -16C).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After much thought.
    It pains me to say no
    Dude. you've gotten so negative on the board lately that I think for your sanity you need to cut it off and walk away. Unless of course you actually get energy from the negativity. Either way I hope you get what you need to be happy. I totally support you voting with your wallet as you see fit.

I will still be here because of this
    |
    |
    V

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its not

TFC until they trade my favourite player

or

TFC until I get annoyed with the coach

or

TFC until they start losing

or

TFC until I have to leave because traffic is going to be a pain

I'll be there next season.
    This is my team. The players that put out their heart and soul and some that have their souls crushed. So many of them are/were fantastic humans that I've connected with.
    The fans around me are my tribe that I shout and yell with to release energy and stress. To commiserate and celebrate with.

Will I be critical? absolutely. Will I quit? not a chance. and not just because they made some bone headed moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm curious, are you someone who only started following the team in 2016? It's not wrong to have done so, but understandable why you would now ditch your tickets.

A lot of people here are more fans of soccer in general and want their own team to cheer for. Many of us indeed come from backgrounds where one cheered for their local team for generations even if they didn't win the league.

A lot of people over the years made a big deal on this board of ditching their tickets over the years. Many of them came back in 2016-2017 and paid scalpers ridiculous prices to get MLS Cup tickets, or didn't get in at all. Those of us who stuck with the team got rewarded by seeing our team win the treble at home. So we have a different perspective when a team is going through a tough spell.

So you have every right to decide if the tickets are worth your while, entertainment is a discretionary purchase, but understand that most people here are of a different mindset.

i am used to 2015, 2016 and 2017. the beginning of the year started off great, you could not get any better entertainment than the ne, nycfc and mn games

then it just got real bad

tfcfans wrote in his terrific post:

I'll keep my two original tickets as long as I am financially able to do so too (next year should be fine unless they raise the prices some crazy amount), as the bond that the team has helped to create between my daughter and I as a result of our gameday ritual/experience over the years is worth a lot to me

this would be the main reason for me keeping my tickets as well. that is why this is a very tough decision.

oldtmer wrote:
    A lot of people over the years made a big deal on this board of ditching their tickets over the years. Many of them came back in 2016-2017 and paid scalpers ridiculous prices to get MLS Cup tickets, or didn't get in at all. Those of us who stuck with the team got rewarded by seeing our team win the treble at home. So we have a different perspective when a team is going through a tough spell

that is my fear, give them up now won't be able to get back in later
    i will closely follow the resale value of my tickets for the next 4 games. as of now Orlando game resale value is high
    i have amazing seats

Last edited by stevep; 08-06-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This weird north American culture (correct me if I'm wrong, but definitely don't see this so much in Europe) of cancelling season tickets, and telling everyone you're doing it, as 'punishment' for the team not winning is bizarre to me as a European. If it's too much financially I absolutely get it, but beyond that, if the team is making an effort to win and not just milk the fans for money (and their spend is the only metric worth looking at here) then you can't ask for more. The team can't win every year, signings won't work out, coaches won't work out etc, but surely the main thing is just having a team to support. If you're going to cancel and ignore the team when they lose I don't see how you can get any enjoyment when they win

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some people are equating "quitting the team" or "stop supporting the team" as the only reason why some would drop ST. I would suggest in this economy (especially when many are working in jobs with little to no long-term security) there are a multitude of reasons why someone may drop ST and be no less of a fan - maybe finances or life situations (people get sick, have to take care of loved ones, get married, have a child, move away, etc.) are the real reason behind some dropping the seats and the frustration of venting about the team on here, is their means of dealing with what might be a difficult life situation elsewhere - ie. I'll vent about this stuff (including potentially dropping their ST) becuase this is ultimately just "entertainment" and not a "real life" thing (in fact its a distraction from real life in most cases) -- and this is a "bad thing" I can "punish" - while an illness or unemployment may be harder to "punish".....most of us are anonymous posters on this board - and we only see 1% or less of the person behind the posts in most cases ---- I have been fortunate to meet and get to know some of the people here as I have been a Year One member of RPB and there are lots of great people who have come and gone through the group and even through my section as a STH (I'm sure some are still big fans and others maybe not) - sometimes "stuff" happens in their lives that we aren't privy to, so I try to take all of the things I see on here (and the internet in general) with a HUGE grain of salt....

I laugh about this sometimes as a few years ago, the couple with the ST beside me who were regular attendees started to come less and less and I wondered if they had given up their seats as they seemed like "big fans" --- a few years later they reappeared with a baby in tow (and named him Gio!) and it all made sense -- I had no idea as to why they weren't coming to the games, I guess they were busy with more important stuff.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I've been a SSH since day one, no plans to cancel next year.
    This. ^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season ticket holder since day one. If I wanted to only watch a winning team I'd have left a long time ago. I'm in for the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

renewing, havent been able to make many games this season but able to sell those games so renewing for sure.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find there's still good business in scalping tickets. I've turned a tidy profit over the years. Of course I'm resigning.

Thanks TFC!

$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I find there's still good business in scalping tickets. I've turned a tidy profit over the years. Of course I'm resigning.

Thanks TFC!

$$$
    Haha. I've been studying this issue today.
    Do you use Kijiji? Craigslist?
    StubHub, ticketsnow takes too much money on both sides of the transaction.
    Kills all profit