Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The most important guy to every good thing that has happened here is Jozy.

I don’t know if we should re-sign him, but he has earned what he is getting paid.
    Not this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most important guy to every good thing that has happened here is Jozy.

I don’t know if we should re-sign him, but he has earned what he is getting paid.
    Definitely. He has served us well and arguably been one of the best players we've ever had. Whether we should continue on with him or not is another story altogether, but we can't downplay the service he's provided us.

Having said that, if Jozy continues to mope like this during moments of significant adversity, then we may have to part ways eventually. Next season, though, we should give him a chance and see whether he continues to keep himself pumped up. As enthusiastic and endearing Janson has been, Jozy still provides more end product.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Definitely. He has served us well and arguably been one of the best players we've ever had. Whether we should continue on with him or not is another story altogether, but we can't downplay the service he's provided us.

Having said that, if Jozy continues to mope like this during moments of significant adversity, then we may have to part ways eventually. Next season, though, we should give him a chance and see whether he continues to keep himself pumped up. As enthusiastic and endearing Janson has been, Jozy still provides more end product.
    Could honestly make a solid argument that Vazquez is more valuable (and better) than Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Could honestly make a solid argument that Vazquez is more valuable (and better) than Jozy
    I'd take that one step further and state that Vazquez is our most valuable player in the team. Without him, we lose much of our creativity. He's been the closest replacement to Cheyrou in the midfield, and without him, we lose the finesse and creativity in our midfield. The next closest creative midfielder (IMO) is Delgado, and that says it all about our midfield situation.

As often as he's been injured, we need to manage him properly and maybe look to bring Giovinco into a more creative role. Either that or we give Delgado more creative responsibility.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Not this season
    Yes. This season.

He scored probably 10 of the 15 biggest goals in franchise history over the last two years. He has earned the full reward both sides negotiated for the totality of his contract.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vazquez is my choice as well for best player this year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laiping View Post
    I disagree... Vasquez is likely the most talented on the team (including seba), but with VV being injured I would argue that Oso has shouldered more of the team than anyone over the full season. Especially considering the gulf in pedigree between him and any of our DPs

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love what Oso has done this year but Seba is quietly putting in an all MLS top XI season...again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso is the player of the season beyond doubt. But VV, Gio and Jozy are difference makers. Sadly, of the three, only Gio is durable.

I am very concerned about the pitch.

And if VAR keeps calling goals back its going to ruin my enjoyment of the sport. Already you subconsciously pause your celebration to see if it will be reviewed. Let alone for fouls up the pitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. This season.

He scored probably 10 of the 15 biggest goals in franchise history over the last two years. He has earned the full reward both sides negotiated for the totality of his contract.
    I get your perspective (the totality of contract), but looking at this individual year you cannot justify him earning 5m. Essentially agree with you 20m over 4 years he's probably been worth it (whether or not that money could have been better spent aside), but he definitely has not earned that 5m in 2018.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "dont be that guy" chant while the ref reviewed VAR was excellent.

The silver lining from playing terrible / people in attendance, is that you get the spontaneity back instead of setlist supporting. I miss that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I love what Oso has done this year but Seba is quietly putting in an all MLS top XI season...again.
    Legit he's putting up MLS numbers which would have me put him top 3 in MVP behind Martinez and Zlatan. Getting the job done despite physical regression.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laiping View Post
    His passing created 3 goals tonight ! Ossario is the most improved player , easily , but without Vasquez we’re done . Of course overall we wouldn’t be in the position we are if Mavinga had been healthy most of the games . That’s why we lose even after going ahead . Best in MLS .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW Jozy took a hard knee directly into his hamstring. That was pretty deliberate. (I rewatched the TV to figure out what the collision was)

Jansson was lively tonight. Glad to see Marky get one and assist Oso's goal. And Mavinga was a beast.

That pitch is terrible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    FWIW Jozy took a hard knee directly into his hamstring. That was pretty deliberate. (I rewatched the TV to figure out what the collision was)

Jansson was lively tonight. Glad to see Marky get one and assist Oso's goal. And Mavinga was a beast.

That pitch is terrible.
    Marky also created the turnover that setup Giovinco's first goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man. I know it's too expensive to buy Janson, but he's really making a case for himself. If it's not TFC, another MLS team has to be looking at Janson for next season.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore at TAM/GAM I'd do...hopefully his head isn't too big for a hefty pay cut.

Will anyone else in MLS offer him more than 2M? Will he even want to play in front of those loser USSoccer fans?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    The "dont be that guy" chant while the ref reviewed VAR was excellent.

The silver lining from playing terrible / people in attendance, is that you get the spontaneity back instead of setlist supporting. I miss that.
    Thank you! I yelled it once but said it on beat to the drum and just went with it aha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Not a lot. 827 Minutes in MLS.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jozy.../spieler/39378

Jozy is turning into the Tulowitzki of the Jays.

As a player he is the perfect fit but not reliably available.

I hear Gilberto is doing pretty good these days.
    LOL What has Tulo ever done for the Jays? Jozy has been the reason we won the cups that we have won, comes up huge in every big game. He's like the anti-Tulo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Man. I know it's too expensive to buy Janson, but he's really making a case for himself. If it's not TFC, another MLS team has to be looking at Janson for next season.
    Advertised price tag is definitely too much. Give him credit, he seems like a good team guy and works his socks off. If only he was better around the net.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Advertised price tag is definitely too much. Give him credit, he seems like a good team guy and works his socks off. If only he was better around the net.
    What was the advertised price tag? I don't think I saw that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    What was the advertised price tag? I don't think I saw that.
    I think the purchase price was $3.7 million. I like the guy but unless we'd be signing him to 4 or 5 years that's DP money. Edit - and even at 4 years when you add in salary that's DP money.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    LOL What has Tulo ever done for the Jays? Jozy has been the reason we won the cups that we have won, comes up huge in every big game. He's like the anti-Tulo.
    He was clutch in his first year and a half during those two post season appearances. We were not that far from a WS berth because of him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I think the purchase price was $3.7 million. I like the guy but unless we'd be signing him to 4 or 5 years that's DP money. Edit - and even at 4 years when you add in salary that's DP money.
    I think the advertised is a wish price from the current team & that Janson has leverage for that to drop to a TAM level - if he wants in. He seems eager & him & Seba can work together - can he get over his Chad Barretness is my question.