0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

26k was the attendance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Antonoglou has now been loaned to TFCII ahead of their game in 15 minutes at BMO. He and Pearlman both starting since they didn't play for the first team
    https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...-toronto-fc-ii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't watch, how was Priso?

Really rooting for him to get back to himself after a tough start. He has everyday starter potential IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    To be fair, the hype was ungodly. I saw him play in Edmonton as a 17 year old and the journalists were basically writing, "He will be the greatest striker in the history of football." It must've been impossible pressure to live with.
    I saw play for Brazil in Met Life vs. the US in August of 2010, almost a mere 12 years ago. He scored in that match and the thing to remember from a that match, a 2-0 Brazil win was it marked Neymar's first cap.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to start? What an absolute s.hit show this team has become. Its worse than the expansion days...the product on the field is frankly embarrassing and sorry, won't be paying to watch untalented cpl and tfc kids lose game after game. 5 in a row and 3 were against teams almost as bad as us in Cini and Van. The sad part is, we haven't even hit rock bottom.

I went to the home opener and sat through that humiliation and said here we might not win a game again unitl Insigne comes and that it would be too late by the time he came, we'd be too far out of the playoff spots. Well, somehow we won a few games but now with 5 losses in a row, including being shut out the last 3, we are in a free fall and back to where I thought we'd be, the worst team in all the mls by far.

Filled with cpl level (at most) and tfc kids without any potential apart from say 1 or 2...yet we start like 7 of them and it shows, we blow. Whose idiotic idea was it to not have any msl calibre full backs on the roster? Bradley the american college coach or manning the cluelss baseball exec?

We are large market and one of the highest payrolls in the league, and this is the absolute garbage team put out there? Attendance will plummet as this team continues to lose.

And why the phuck was Bradley hired? Another clueless American running us to the ground. And making it worse his way past his prime and slow as molasses son is on the team..and won't be taken off ever. Dear old dad sees nothing wrong as his son jogs around at half pace and our midfield gets run over game after game...both bradley's have no business on this team, and now we are stuck with them for years....unbelievable.

And can someone tell me how Manning continually escapes any accountability for this disaster of a team? Highest payroll and large market yet now will miss the playoffs for the third time in 4 years. What will it take for the club to get rid of Manning ffs? The worse he runs us into the ground the more he seems to entrench himself into getting more leeway for some damn reason...

Sorry for the rant, but this is an absolute fiasco what has happened this year...and there is no ending in sight. Insigne will come and nothing will change...he'll be surrounded by crap and we'll be so far out of the playoffs already it won't matter. I can only imagine what he is thinking if he is watching this drek....the money is great but imagine going for playing at the top level to playing with these cpl/tfc2 level players...shocking.

(rant over, thanks guys...had to get that off my chest).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Where to start? What an absolute s.hit show this team has become. Its worse than the expansion days...the product on the field is frankly embarrassing and sorry, won't be paying to watch untalented cpl and tfc kids lose game after game. 5 in a row and 3 were against teams almost as bad as us in Cini and Van. The sad part is, we haven't even hit rock bottom.

I went to the home opener and sat through that humiliation and said here we might not win a game again unitl Insigne comes and that it would be too late by the time he came, we'd be too far out of the playoff spots. Well, somehow we won a few games but now with 5 losses in a row, including being shut out the last 3, we are in a free fall and back to where I thought we'd be, the worst team in all the mls by far.

Filled with cpl level (at most) and tfc kids without any potential apart from say 1 or 2...yet we start like 7 of them and it shows, we blow. Whose idiotic idea was it to not have any msl calibre full backs on the roster? Bradley the american college coach or manning the cluelss baseball exec?

We are large market and one of the highest payrolls in the league, and this is the absolute garbage team put out there? Attendance will plummet as this team continues to lose.

And why the phuck was Bradley hired? Another clueless American running us to the ground. And making it worse his way past his prime and slow as molasses son is on the team..and won't be taken off ever. Dear old dad sees nothing wrong as his son jogs around at half pace and our midfield gets run over game after game...both bradley's have no business on this team, and now we are stuck with them for years....unbelievable.

And can someone tell me how Manning continually escapes any accountability for this disaster of a team? Highest payroll and large market yet now will miss the playoffs for the third time in 4 years. What will it take for the club to get rid of Manning ffs? The worse he runs us into the ground the more he seems to entrench himself into getting more leeway for some damn reason...

Sorry for the rant, but this is an absolute fiasco what has happened this year...and there is no ending in sight. Insigne will come and nothing will change...he'll be surrounded by crap and we'll be so far out of the playoffs already it won't matter. I can only imagine what he is thinking if he is watching this drek....the money is great but imagine going for playing at the top level to playing with these cpl/tfc2 level players...shocking.

what dumbfounds me is the nerve of TFC to start that lineup yesterday for all the people that travelled from far and wide in the province and to pay MLS ticket prices for essentially a TFC2 game??
    They truly have zero respect for their fans.
    what also dumbfounds me is no anger on this board from this action, I guess everyone here doesn't care about spending $150 for a pair of tickets for TFC2 games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    what dumbfounds me is the nerve of TFC to start that lineup yesterday for all the people that travelled from far and wide in the province and to pay MLS ticket prices for essentially a TFC2 game??
    They truly have zero respect for their fans.
    what also dumbfounds me is no anger on this board from this action, I guess everyone here doesn't care about spending $150 for a pair of tickets for TFC2 games
    And add in parking and beer and food and its a huge amount of money to watch this absymal crap put out there...

Many here (I guess) are fine with using the "kids" but most if not all won't even be in the league in a few years...using "kids" if its a rebuild and they are talented and have a future is one thing...but these guys are not and are also out of position....its a fiasco.

Using "kids" if I may use Europe as an example..using a Vini Jr, Rodrygo or Camavinga at Real is okay as they have massive talent and potential...or a Pedri at Barcelona.....(not that any msl players are this level but my point is about using "kids")....you know they are super talented and you play a them in spots...

We are using cpl level (that's why they were there in the first place, simply not good enough) or tfc kids (again not good enough) as starters here...and we continually lose.

Am just dumbfounded that Manning wasn't already fired last year....yet he was allowed on and he brought bradely who remarkably with his idiotic roster decisions has made it worse than even that other cluelss american armas was...

I love tfc and watching games with my son and buddies....its a fun time out, but not anymore...until the team is entirely revamped I won't waste my money watching this crap. If I wanted to watch crap, I'd to watch forge or tfc2 or opdl and the ticket cost would be way less and I'd have way lower expectations....

#manningout!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lukas MacNaughton was the only former CPL player to suit up for TFC last night. I actually thought he was good overall for us and was hardly the reason we lost. He's 27, so not exactly a "kid" but a good low cost squad player for the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it. I agree . Word for word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using "kids" if I may use Europe as an example..using a Vini Jr, Rodrygo or Camavinga at Real is okay as they have massive talent and potential...or a Pedri at Barcelona.....(not that any msl players are this level but my point is about using "kids")....you know they are super talented and you play a them in spots...
    This is exactly right. Another great example is how BVB introduced Sancho and Bellingham into the first team. TFC uses young players simply as fillers. Supporters pay the price figuratively and literally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they played hard yesterday and were unlucky to not to get points the last 2 games,other than tuning out at the end of the game to allow those 2 goals,but when paul rothrock no offence to him he gave them a spark,is taking your frree kicks late in a game,shows how bad this off season has been that is on bradley and manning,and what is with the injuries old guy young guys and the guys made of glass mavinga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to remember that team building is not just something you can throw money at. You need to find which pieces work together the best and BB still in the process of this.

In my mind, the fiasco was last year. We've spent the last 18 months digging out from the hole that Armas and Curtis created. We knew what we were getting into this season and I'm surprised TFC was as high in the standings as they were at the quarter season mark. This is just a regression to the mean. I always want to give coaches 3 transfer windows to craft a team before rendering judgement (but the results last year made that impossible), so I'm waiting to see what next year brings. We should know by this time next year if the BB experiment has worked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    they played hard yesterday and were unlucky to not to get points the last 2 games,other than tuning out at the end of the game to allow those 2 goals,but when paul rothrock no offence to him he gave them a spark,is taking your frree kicks late in a game,shows how bad this off season has been that is on bradley and manning,and what is with the injuries old guy young guys and the guys made of glass mavinga.

disagree completely about your off season comment
    this off-season has been an an absolutely brilliant success
    bring in a brand name coach, have him spew a bunch of bravado about a lot of work to do
    play 7 youngsters that you are paying nothing and sell 26,000 tickets and $15 beers
    the profit and the profit margins are out of this world
    Absolutely brilliant!!
    makes up for the last two years when you lost your shirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    disagree completely about your off season comment
    this off-season has been an an absolutely brilliant success
    bring in a brand name coach, have him spew a bunch of bravado about a lot of work to do
    play 7 youngsters that you are paying nothing and sell 26,000 tickets and $15 beers
    the profit and the profit margins are out of this world
    Absolutely brilliant!!
    makes up for the last two years when you lost your shirt
    dude ,,,i support the team win or lose,
    i have a suggestion for you and the other part time supporters dont GO TO THE GAMES,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    dude ,,,i support the team win or lose,
    i have a suggestion for you and the other part time supporters dont GO TO THE GAMES,
    We won't...and ultimately as the attendance plummets, even less funds to fix this mess.

You can support win or lose...but this isn't some small market team with zero expectations...this is a complete disaster and zero squad planning and building.

I truly don't understand how Manning escapes any accountibility for this mess he created. HE brought in the overhis head curtis...HE brought in the over his head Armas....HE brought in clueless Bradley which also meant Bradley jr who has no business on the team anymore is here for many more years as well....

Supoorting win or lose is nice to say as a fan...but surely we are expecting to win...not being a laughingstock missing the playoffs yet again and being literally worse than expansion teams now....

What kind of roster has zero outside fullbacks on it? This is ALL on Bradley and the baseball guy Manning....

I think Manning must have nudes on MLSE leadership...its the only way explanation I can see that allows him to continually get away with disasterous decisions and running this team into the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We won't...and ultimately as the attendance plummets, even less funds to fix this mess.

You can support win or lose...but this isn't some small market team with zero expectations...this is a complete disaster and zero squad planning and building.

I truly don't understand how Manning escapes any accountibility for this mess he created. HE brought in the overhis head curtis...HE brought in the over his head Armas....HE brought in clueless Bradley which also meant Bradley jr who has no business on the team anymore is here for many more years as well....

Supoorting win or lose is nice to say as a fan...but surely we are expecting to win...not being a laughingstock missing the playoffs yet again and being literally worse than expansion teams now....

What kind of roster has zero outside fullbacks on it? This is ALL on Bradley and the baseball guy Manning....

I think Manning must have nudes on MLSE leadership...its the only way explanation I can see that allows him to continually get away with disasterous decisions and running this team into the ground.
    i do agree with you on manning he is minor league caliber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Bradley only has one more year (this year + an option next season) on his contract. If he's back again next year on a high salary we can call it a bad move, but when Bradley moved down to a TAM deal it was nearly unanimously lauded on these forums.

Manning also has never worked in baseball. If you're going to complain at least be accurate.

It's fair to place blame on Manning for the past few years, including Armas/Curis/Jozy/Gio. If you wanted him fired for that, I wouldn't argue with you. This year is all about resetting though and building for the future. We haven't given out a contract that handcuffs us. We've cleared out aging players. Insigne is coming soon. I don't think the moves this season in anyway support wanting Manning fired.
    Last edited by noxx98; 05-15-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two weeks ago you were on this board apologizing and now you're calling one of the winningest coaches in the western hemisphere "clueless".

Do you never learn?

It's a rebuild season. We all knew that bringing in a guy with a resume and track record meant tearing it down and beginning again.

And even the most pro TFC folk don't have a lot of patience left for Manning.

But this outrage and sky-is-falling bullshit is juvenile and embarrassing to read. You act like you're owed something. You support a football club. You don't own the football club.

We just signed a top 100 player in the world, we got the co- Golden boot winner for 600k, and despite playing what amounts to an U23 team while we rebuild, we've beaten Philly and NYFC, two of the league's best.

if all that doesn't auger well for the future, i don't know what to tell you. The very definition of a fair weather fan is that they do nothing but complain and quit except when winning.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-15-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were moments yesterday where you can see Bradley’s ideas on the pitch…

the problem is the majority of the kids which a lot of people on here were complaining to give the minutes are not good enough. And they were never good enough. But a lot of you thought you knew more then the coaching staff They need an influx of talent this window and imo this team will look significantly different and the results will improve

to everyone moaning, bitching and complaining why do you go to games? Everyone knew this is a transition year and if you expected a title contending team well then there is not much to say. So if you aren’t going to support the team don’t go. Fuck it seems like a lot of you just like to complain and you seem to be happy they loose.

honestly go support another team you all are exhausting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Two weeks ago you were on this board apologizing and now you're calling one of the winningest coaches in the western hemisphere "clueless".

Do you never learn?

It's a rebuild season. We all knew that bringing in a guy with a resume and track record meant tearing it down and beginning again.

And even the most pro TFC folk don't have a lot of patience left for Manning.

But this outrage and sky-is-falling bullshit is juvenile and embarrassing to read. You act like you're owed something. You support a football club. You don't own the football club.

We just signed a top 100 player in the world, we got the co- Golden boot winner for 600k, and despite playing what amounts to an U23 team while we rebuild, we've beaten Philly and NYFC, two of the league's best.

if all that doesn't auger well for the future, i don't know what to tell you. The very definition of a fair weather fan is that they do nothing but complain and quit except when winning.
    Yes I appologized about 4 weeks ago...and then this disaster of a 5 game losing streak happened which included to losing 3 games to two absolute dog s.hit teams in Cinci and Vancouver and 3 straight shut outs...

I never heard anyone say this is a "rebuild" season meaning we can miss the playoffs again? Did Manning and co say that anywhere?

Having no outside full backs isn't rebuilding, its a completely derilection of duty by Manning and Bradley. Playing "kids" that have no future here is not "rebuilding"...its pocketing money that the season ticket holders forked over expecting way more than this....

Call my comments juvenile or whatever you like but I think part of the reason Manning gets away with this s.hit (missing the playoffs yet again) is some fans like yourself are die-hard fans (great to see, and I am a loyal fan but my patience only goes so far....) guilably believe all the excuses and blindly follow and there is ZERO accountabilty for Manning. So he continues the bs and nothing changes.

My question, when is enough for Manning? How many more mistakes can he orchestrate before he is fired?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

the problem is the majority of the kids which a lot of people on here were complaining to give the minutes are not good enough. And they were never good enough. But a lot of you thought you knew more then the coaching staff They need an influx of talent this window and imo this team will look significantly different and the results will improve

to everyone moaning, bitching and complaining why do you go to games? Everyone knew this is a transition year and if you expected a title contending team well then there is not much to say. So if you aren’t going to support the team don’t go. Fuck it seems like a lot of you just like to complain and you seem to be happy they loose.

A transition year? Is that what you were told? What does transition mean? Finish out of the playoffs again and be the worst team in the league like last year? I thought last year was a transition? How many molre of these transition years can we have?

We are playing "kids" that won't be here...they simply are not good enough and no amount of game time will make them good...most if not all have no future here. So we are further delaying the "transition" as we will need to keep changing the roster.

Sorry, that's the way I see it.

Like I said above, Vini Jr, Camavinga, Pedri etc is an example of playing "kids". They have talent and a future, we ware playing "kids" to fill roster spots and lose and they simply wont be good enough ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A transition year? Is that what you were told? What does transition mean? Finish out of the playoffs again and be the worst team in the league like last year? I thought last year was a transition? How many molre of these transition years can we have?

We are playing "kids" that won't be here...they simply are not good enough and no amount of game time will make them good...most if not all have no future here. So we are further delaying the "transition" as we will need to keep changing the roster.

Sorry, that's the way I see it.

Like I said above, Vini Jr, Camavinga, Pedri etc is an example of playing "kids". They have talent and a future, we ware playing "kids" to fill roster spots and lose and they simply wont be good enough ever.
    I suspect a lot of these replies are from bots, im pretty sure the reggie character is a bot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least we're not the Leafs!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are people complaining about this game who are not here when we win

I'm not sold on Priso being crap but I am coming to the conclusion that Nelson can get to the ball but has no clue what to do when with it.

Akinola showed a lot in that second half - he is good & will do well off the bench or starting in July.

Bradely & Poz can't play together but I don't think what Bradley provides is more important then what Poz does.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. and for all you loyal supporters where were you last season? Lucky if 1500 were in the stands. I suspect that without the news of Insigne coming in the numbers would be similar as to what we saw last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mods ban me if you are inclined, but I take this shit anymore

SteveP - you are annoying as fuck all you do is complain. Honestly got get a hobby or something seriously. Your negativity is exhausting

Hala - no idea who you are. But if you are dumb enough to compare World class youth talent to players coming through an MLS academy maybe you stick to watching European football. Also, if you couldn’t see that there was need for a rebuild without explicitly being told it. I don’t know what to tell you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    . and for all you loyal supporters where were you last season? Lucky if 1500 were in the stands. I suspect that without the news of Insigne coming in the numbers would be similar as to what we saw last year.
    i was at every game… had tickets since day 1. But go on…

where were you when we were shit? All of these whiners don’t understand how terrible this team has been. The majority of you only became fans when Seba showed up. So go on tell us how it is
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 05-15-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mods ban me if you are inclined, but I take this shit anymore

SteveP - you are annoying as fuck all you do is complain. Honestly got get a hobby or something seriously. Your negativity is exhausting

Hala - no idea who you are. But if you are dumb enough to compare World class youth talent to players coming through an MLS academy maybe you stick to watching European football. Also, if you couldn’t see that there was need for a rebuild without explicitly being told it. I don’t know what to tell you.
    Goodson. You had some great info as to who this club was bringing in July , but man, I just don’t understand your thinking at all, we deserve better, I totally agree with everything that Hala and Steven have to say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Goodson. You had some great info as to who this club was bringing in July , but man, I just don’t understand your thinking at all, we deserve better, I totally agree with everything that Hala and Steven have to say
    then you all don’t understand the realities of building a squad.. in a league with weird rules and having a calendar that is different then the majority of the world. The non sense on this board, is fucking exhausting. The majority only complain when we loose and besides that crickets..

so I think they should just fuck off and get a new hobby as they add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

again if the mods want to ban me I’m fine with it. I’m just sick of it all