Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Let's send a message!

We have two homes games left. We are going to rally together to send TFC a message. We want to be proud of our team, players and organization again.
    Join in!
    Bring your 2-sticks and signs with your personal message to the club.
    There will be a "Make Us Proud' banner.
    Bring your paper bags to wear and show that we are embarrassed at how our Toronto FC is being managed.
    After each game we will rally at Gate 4 and make our voices heard.

It's time to be the voice in the stands and show our passion for TFC. The team we love. The team we support.

Spread the word to supporters that aren't on the board.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 09-28-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    We have two homes games left. We are going to rally together to send TFC a message. We want to be proud of our team, players and organization again.
    Join in!
    Bring your 2-sticks and signs with your personal message to the club.
    There will be a "Make Us Proud Banner."
    Bring your paper bags to wear and show that we are embarrassed at how our Toronto FC is being managed.
    After each game we will rally at Gate 4 and make our voices heard.

It's time to be the voice in the stands and show our passion for TFC. The team we love. The team we support.

Spread the word to supporters that aren't on the board.
    When walking on the sidewalk you encounter a large mess of dog shit most would rather avoid stepping in it. You want to send a message? Stay at home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    When walking on the sidewalk you encounter a large mess of dog shit most would rather avoid stepping in it. You want to send a message? Stay at home.
    but yet you're still here in a TFC forum....
    be the change that you want to see in the world. do nothing and the results are nothing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hhaha... called out by Belfast.

why do people think they can drop their tickets, and send a message to the team by doing so.... but still post on a TFC message board years later?

If you are done supporting the team, then be done with it.

Find something that makes you happy, elsewhere.

I'm still here because TFC is still my team, no matter who screwed up they might be. Times are tough? We're tougher
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, please stop comparing OUR team to dogshit. for real, we KNOW were a shitty side, but we don't need it held under our noses. there's no benefit to that rhetoric.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please folks, lets not derail this initiative. If you are not into it then please don't participate in the statement or the discussion. No problem.

We need to rally together to make sure the FO knows we still have a voice and that we do not approve of the current management. If your way of doing that is to stay home, not renew or sit on you hands: go for it. We can all show our displeasure in our own way without disrespecting each other.

In fact we hope that there will be a variety of personal initiatives from home made banners and 2-sticks to improvised chants.

We want to have a good time at these last two games, but we want to deliver a message before, during and after the match.

Take that old bed sheet from the closet grab some paint and show them how you feel.

Join us after the match at Gate 4 and tell them how you feel.

It may be that nothing comes of this, but they will know we are there and that we still care.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well said yagbod.

it's a time for people to show they care - that the team means something to them - and that it's bigger than a Saturday's entertainment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    hhaha... called out by Belfast.

why do people think they can drop their tickets, and send a message to the team by doing so.... but still post on a TFC message board years later?

If you are done supporting the team, then be done with it.

Find something that makes you happy, elsewhere.

I'm still here because TFC is still my team, no matter who screwed up they might be. Times are tough? We're tougher
    I will be there on the 20th showing my support for both the team and this initiative - however, could we please avoid this "what constitutes a real supporter" debate that I've seen countless times here and on other forums? I think people are perfectly within their rights to drop their seasons if that is how they want to send this FO a message. Just as people who want to keep attending games in person should be able to. Just because people have chosen not to give MLSE any more of their hard-earned cash doesn't mean they aren't fans of the team or that they'll never be back. I think one of the reasons we've gotten to this point, and one of the reasons we're doing this in the first place is because people are turning away - it shouldn't have come to this, and indeed, wouldn't have, if it hadn't been for the mismanagement of this FO since the beginning.

EDIT: and not to suggest you were starting up that debate, Parky, just the tone of some of your remarks seemed to imply that. But I'll leave it alone.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 09-28-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I will be there on the 20th showing my support for both the team and this initiative - however, could we please avoid this "what constitutes a real supporter" debate that I've seen countless times here and on other forums? I think people are perfectly within their rights to drop their seasons if that is how they want to send this FO a message. Just as people who want to keep attending games in person should be able to. Just because people have chosen not to give MLSE any more of their hard-earned cash doesn't mean they aren't fans of the team or that they'll never be back. I think one of the reasons we've gotten to this point, and one of the reasons we're doing this in the first place is because people are turning away - it shouldn't have come to this, and indeed, wouldn't have, if it hadn't been for the mismanagement of this FO since the beginning.

EDIT: and not to suggest you were starting up that debate, Parky, just the tone of some of your remarks seemed to imply that. But I'll leave it alone.
    Great point! We must unite no matter what each person's approach to the matter is.

Show your displeasure however you will at the game and RESPECT each other here and there.

We are all in this together.

#TFCsupportersunited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about we wear all black and no fan apparel? Chanting and clapping is still fine but we would really stand out with black t-shirts or sweaters on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frings22 View Post
    How about we wear all black and no fan apparel? Chanting and clapping is still fine but we would really stand out with black t-shirts or sweaters on.
    thats what i'm doing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little confused here. People are trying to send a message by providing the atmosphere the south end has been missing for most of the year?

I don't get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you imagine what some of the banners and two sticks will say?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    can you imagine what some of the banners and two sticks will say?
    Yes. I'm sure they will be good.

Sorry I missed the paper bags in the first post too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    I'm a little confused here. People are trying to send a message by providing the atmosphere the south end has been missing for most of the year?

I don't get it.
    I am not sure where you are getting that idea from.

We are trying to promote the idea that people should express themselves however they see fit. Banners, signs, 2-sticks, chants, no chants, clothing, paper bags, etc. We want to make as many points as possible all around the idea that the team management is a shambles.

We're not trying to tell anyone specifically what they should do. Just that they should express their displeasure as they see fit.

Respectfully to each other, but not necessarily to the FO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Yes. I'm sure they will be good.

Sorry I missed the paper bags in the first post too.
    we want all supporters to get together on this. FO gets to hear us say they are fucking this up and we want to be proud of our team again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Great point! We must unite no matter what each person's approach to the matter is.

Show your displeasure however you will at the game and RESPECT each other here and there.

#TFCsupportersunited
    Wouldn't that be nice. Right now, certain people would like to make you think that they want to Unite tfc support and that they want to grow supporters culture. But that's horse shit.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am here for this team. Either on a support team or not the team comes first. Flags, bags, or 2 pole banners arent going to change nothing. MLSE are going to do what they want and as long as the money is coming in, nothing will change. I wave flags every game but after this season the only flag I will wave is a TFC flag. You cant get made at coaches, players or management. We had way too many injuries this season to ever put a full squad out there. We cant blame management for guys getting hurt. Lets just all face that this is a Toronto team and Toronto teams never go anywhere. Its been 6 yrs with no playoff. Boo Hoo. Go have a chat with a true leaf, bluejay or raptor fan and we have nothing YET to complain about.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mask View Post
    I am here for this team. Either on a support team or not the team comes first. Flags, bags, or 2 pole banners arent going to change nothing. MLSE are going to do what they want and as long as the money is coming in, nothing will change. I wave flags every game but after this season the only flag I will wave is a TFC flag. You cant get made at coaches, players or management. We had way too many injuries this season to ever put a full squad out there. We cant blame management for guys getting hurt. Lets just all face that this is a Toronto team and Toronto teams never go anywhere. Its been 6 yrs with no playoff. Boo Hoo. Go have a chat with a true leaf, bluejay or raptor fan and we have nothing YET to complain about.
    Hey MAsk,WHAT HE SAID!!

Please folks, lets not derail this initiative. If you are not into it then please don't participate in the statement or the discussion. No problem.

We need to rally together to make sure the FO knows we still have a voice and that we do not approve of the current management. If your way of doing that is to stay home, not renew or sit on you hands: go for it. We can all show our displeasure in our own way without disrespecting each other.

In fact we hope that there will be a variety of personal initiatives from home made banners and 2-sticks to improvised chants.

We want to have a good time at these last two games, but we want to deliver a message before, during and after the match.

Take that old bed sheet from the closet grab some paint and show them how you feel.

Join us after the match at Gate 4 and tell them how you feel.

It may be that nothing comes of this, but they will know we are there and that we still care.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Wouldn't that be nice. Right now, certain people would like to make you think that they want to Unite tfc support and that they want to grow supporters culture. But that's horse shit.
    Stay on track,AL-MO,let's get some ideas,and designs going!
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"MLSE The Goose That Killed the Golden Egg"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#TFCsupportersunited

I totally agree and I will be making a two stick for the last game of the season.

That being said...

I really wish this would have happened MUCH sooner.

Unfortunately, in the past people who expressed these kinds of feelings were shit on for being bad supporters. Now it's gotten so bad that the only people left to shit on are those who can no longer be bothered to even come to games anymore and that's just not fair.

Anybody still interested in seeing this team succeed should be seen as a supporter. Regardless of whether or not they keep their season tickets.

Our complacency as AN ENTIRE fan base has helped put us in this position. There have been many times in the past where letting the entire FO, team, and anybody watching on tv or in attendance know that we're upset....and instead of rallying together then, we shit on each other.

I'm very glad this happening now. I just hope it isn't a case of too little too late.
    Last edited by v00d00daddy; 09-29-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your reasoning for TFC stinking is weak. "Toronto teams never go anywhere"....is that it, end of story? Mismanaging players with a bit of rust on them was a fault of our coach. Oh and, if you have 8 hours free I would love to kick some back and complain about the leafs, but please leave 8 hours free.

Do it loud and proud guys!!!! Glad for this initiative and hope to see you there.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread has given me two ideas :

1 : if you know of anyone who is not going to the game in order to make their statement, bring a sheet of paper and tape it to the seat.

SECTION ### ROW ## SEAT ##
    THIS SEAT INTENTIONALLY LEFT EMPTY BY TICKET HOLDER AS A SHOW OF GENERAL DISSATISFACTION
    2 : With the various displays expected to be present in the stands (even the empty seats), this could be seen as all the fans making their own voices heard. All the fans, not just a SG initiative. ALL.

Then, after the game, everyone moves to gate 4 to form a demonstration. All becomes One.

All for One.

We are the 'All' and the club is the 'One'.

Now, what we want is for them to listen to us. To understand that they represent us... that the One is for All.

Listen to us and get us a capable braintrust.

All for one ? Yes.
    One for all ? We'll see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this has nothing to do with injuries or this season. have a look at the team history or you look like you don't know what you're talking about.
    we have a golden opportunity right here. new owners are coming in and we can tell them that their investment is mismanaged. TFC isn't the Leafs. people will not blindly support without progress.
    IMO Leaf fans should have been doing things like this years ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    I totally agree and I will be making a two stick for the last game of the season.

That being said...

I really wish this would have happened MUCH sooner.

Unfortunately, in the past people who expressed these kinds of feelings were shit on for being bad supporters. Now it's gotten so bad that the only people left to shit on are those who can no longer be bothered to even come to games anymore and that's just not fair.

Anybody still interested in seeing this team succeed should be seen as a supporter. Regardless of whether or not they keep their season tickets.

Our complacency as AN ENTIRE fan base has helped put us in this position. There have been many times in the past where letting the entire FO, team, and anybody watching on tv or in attendance know that we're upset....and instead of rallying together then, we shit on each other.

I'm very glad this happening now. I just hope it isn't a case of too little too late.
    I'm with ya. I wish it happened year ago too. but it didn't. I also think that this is a great time to be standing up. Rogers and Bell need to know that something is rotten in Denmark.

I really think this can bring all supporters together. we have a common goal. it may have started in RPB's but it can be much larger if we do this right.
    Moderates can be happy with Make Us Proud, who doesn't want that?
    ooooltras can make their own two stick and show how they feel.

The bottom line has to be unity, we need numbers in the stands and at Gate 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the mask is saying we should be mindless sheep and just continue to drink from the kool-aid trough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point. After six years of this, I think a lot of us are going to relinquish their season seats but will still be posting on the boards. Are we still fans after we drop our seasons? Without season tickets, I probably won't be as active on the boards.

I want to continue to love this team....I probably will. But not as a SSH. I will return one day. Seriously, am I less a fan for not getting seasons? I don't think I am.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOOOOW ,easy there on reasons and what not.

BACK TO TOPIC!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Phil; 09-29-2012 at 10:44 AM.