Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Honeymoon Over for Winter?

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell is this guy talking about? I don't see any fans up in arms and I don't see any media people demanding that Winter be booted. Wow. I'm not going to read past that point because frankly, well, this sounds no different then watching Entertainment Tonight and watching them make a big deal about Britney eating chicken soup for dinner.

Well it seems the patience of Toronto FC "observers" and particular the media that cover the team on a regular basis has finally worn out.

Last night's 0-0 tie against the Los Angeles Galaxy, admittedly a poorly played affair, appears to have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back with fan sites,
    podcasts and regular media all coming to the conclusion that the Aron Winter chapter of Toronto FC development is the same or worse than all that has preceded it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The article is a joke. It does not accurately represent the sentimentality of the media or the vast majority of supporters towards the new management regime.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 04-14-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

before yesterday's game, TFC had scored in everygame...i had been impressed to date

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    The article is a joke.
    I'm surprised that you of all people is saying that, since if you read past the opener, it actually gives you a whole boatload of reasons to be positive about the club.

The article's fine, not much new in it, but it's a case of the headline and the first few paragraphs not matching the rest of the story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    I'm surprised that you of all people is saying that, since if you read past the opener, it actually gives you a whole boatload of reasons to be positive about the club.

The article's fine, not much new in it, but it's a case of the headline and the first few paragraphs not matching the rest of the story.
    If that was a backhanded compliment for trying to be positive about the club early in the rebuilding stage, I'll gladly take it.

As for the article, yes I agree that there are valid points presented, but the entire premise of the article is based on the false assumption that the media and fan base are ready to demand that Winter be fired. Sorry, that's laughable.

Even you aren't demanding Winter's head on a platter yet, LOL.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah wow.. read past the first few lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that was a backhanded compliment for trying to be positive about the club early in the rebuilding stage, I'll gladly take it.

As for the article, yes I agree that there are valid points presented, but the entire premise of the article is based on the false assumption that the media and fan base are ready to demand that Winter be fired. Sorry, that's laughable.

Exactly my point as well. It just shows how out of touch this reporter is with the fans and media sentiment around TFC. I can't give someone the time of day that is so blatently out of touch.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it was a bit of a backhanded compliment - and I'm glad you recognized it as such!

In all seriousness, I'm actually quite fond of Winter and what he's done with the club thus far. What I'm not fond of, and never have been, is claiming that what plays like chicken shit is really chicken salad, which a lot of the folks on here have been doing lately.

Managing is like any other job in that sense -- you get praise when you do well, but you should also hear about it when you're not delivering.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trying to create a crisis where there isn't one.......short of stories?...it seems 2 people actually wrote the article, 1rst part the editor, trying to get attention then someone who actually researched the team for the conclusion
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i read a paragraph in, saw that apparently people were complaining about lack of whatever and stopped
    fuck you shit head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going to print this and line my birdcage with it.
    who are these wanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just waisted 3 min. of my life reading this total crap!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    What the hell is this guy talking about? I don't see any fans up in arms and I don't see any media people demanding that Winter be booted. Wow. I'm not going to read past that point because frankly
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    i read a paragraph in, saw that apparently people were complaining about lack of whatever and stopped
    fuck you shit head

Reading WHOLE article helps,you are making conclusion based on one paragraph.

and seriously Yeoman shithead after reading one paragraph
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post

this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think any TFC supporter is willing to give winter the season to get things together for better gains in 2012.... this season has been going ok so far with all things considered...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    before yesterday's game, TFC had scored in everygame...i had been impressed to date
    We have scored in 4 of our 5 games.

Our defense had a rocky start but since has given up 0.5 goals per game.

Our record is a win a loss and 3 ties to teams that did better than us last year. One of the ties against LA was to last year's President's Cup winner shutting down one of the most dangerous passers in the MLS.

We have a totally new team that starting to gel. It will take time.

We have scored some impressive goals from forwards and mid fielders.

We have 2 out and out wingers that have started to play well. Martina and Stefanovic when they start top play better with the team will create chances for the forwards.

This is the first season since inception that I am starting to be a tad optimistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What jumped out at me from the article
    At the same point in the season (after five games) previously only once has Toronto had more goals for, seven in 2008 as compared to six this year and they have never allowed fewer goals ever in the first five games of the season (six) then they have this year. The six points they have this year is second only to the nine earned in the first five games of 2008 so despite what people seem to think progress is being made.
    We also have a ton of cap space to work with, and they are looking for another DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm neither impressed nor disappointed, they've put up some points which I like but aside from a couple of short periods during some games I havent enjoyed their style. Only five games in so i'm willing to wait and see how things develop.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

yup
    anyone with any actual writing background with what this pertains to, will know that you either grab the attention of the projected audience within the first two paragraphs or not
    so obviously he's failed at it
    but hey what do i know? i don't have any bachelors in writing so i guess i can't really say anything then *shrug*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the opening statement/paragraph is suppose to grab a person's attention; it is suppose to set the tone of the article, if it doesn't then the author hasn't done enough to grab his attention to read more

for three years, i didn't read the Harry Potter books because after the first two chapters, i didn't find them interesting, your right as it goes on, it got more interesting just like after i read the third chapter i got hooked

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    yup
    anyone with any actual writing background with what this pertains to, will know that you either grab the attention of the projected audience within the first two paragraphs or not
    so obviously he's failed at it
    but hey what do i know? i don't have any bachelors in writing so i guess i can't really say anything then *shrug*
    if yeoman critiques a persons writing style you know they gone an' fucked up

my favourite part was the "fan sites, podcasts and regular media", one conspicuously unsourced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    We have scored in 4 of our 5 games.

Our defense had a rocky start but since has given up 0.5 goals per game.

Our record is a win a loss and 3 ties to teams that did better than us last year. One of the ties against LA was to last year's President's Cup winner shutting down one of the most dangerous passers in the MLS.

We have a totally new team that starting to gel. It will take time.

We have scored some impressive goals from forwards and mid fielders.

We have 2 out and out wingers that have started to play well. Martina and Stefanovic when they start top play better with the team will create chances for the forwards.

This is the first season since inception that I am starting to be a tad optimistic.
    sorry my had was meant to be a have...i have been impressed so far (and still am), my bad on mishitting the tone

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha i bet they've been on here!
    get the tin foils out folks

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it's true that many fans and supporters have either given up or are dangerously close to giving up on TFC's ownership, I think many of us have absolutely no problem with giving Winter and his crew a season or two to turn things around. More than anything, we're aware that rebuilding this club won't happen over the course of one or two months, and therefore generally agree that Winter should be cut the appropriate slack.

Simply put, most fans and supporters have much of our criticism reserved for MLSE and the decisions made by the executive board, not Winter and his staff.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 04-14-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article??? It's an f'in blog! Who cares what anyone says in a blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    While it's true that many fans and supporters have either given up or are dangerously close to giving up on TFC's ownership, I think many of us have absolutely no problem with giving Winter and his crew a season or two to turn things around. More than anything, we're aware that rebuilding this club won't happen over the course of one or two months, and therefore generally agree that Winter should be cut the appropriate slack.

Simply put, most fans and supporters have much of our criticism reserved for MLSE and the decisions made by the executive board, not Winter and his staff.
    Well said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corrected for accuracy

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Like the edit, jloome. ever think about getting into the business?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yawn... isn't this the kind of thing you write in the off-season, when there isn't anything else happening? How about telling us something we don't know...