Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 5193
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Bradley has 3x as many goals last year as seba over last 2. Lol
    Seba was signed by a Serie A squad 10 months ago, if it was good for Sampadoria it surely must be ok for a bottom table MLS team , I wasn’t concerned when Berna was coming here with shitty numbers at Juventus and I certainly wouldn’t panic over Seba signing, if there is no outrage with the Victor V signing then why would we sweat the greatest player in our teams history playing between LI and FB

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Seba was signed by a Serie A squad 10 months ago, if it was good for Sampadoria it surely must be ok for a bottom table MLS team , I wasn’t concerned when Berna was coming here with shitty numbers at Juventus and I certainly wouldn’t panic over Seba signing, if there is no outrage with the Victor V signing then why would we sweat the greatest player in our teams history playing between LI and FB
    He wasn't good enough for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice Dom Dwyer was waived by Atlanta. Wonder who's next on that long, strange trip.

It sounded from Beezer's story in the Sun that Bob thinks they'll have multiple first-team signings completed before the season starts.

Damn, this is a dearth of rumors, though. Media ain't what it used to be.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wasn't good enough for them.
    They signed him and paid him a contract, that’s good enough for me

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you aren't in charge

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you aren't in charge
    Absolutely because if I was your idol Michael Bradley would be wearing a nice suit sitting beside Bill Manning in a suite as part of our executive team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    They didn't go into too much detail, but the two of them allegedly had a falling out towards the end of last season. They may or may not have made up this offseason though according to them.
    If I had to guess, it would be Bernie taking all the pens and/or his repeated attempt at Olympicos from corners. I doubt Insigne likes showboating too much, doesn't fit the workmanlike persona.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Singh says tfc made a couple swings at other big CB MLS free agents and it hasn't worked out...yet.

Callens possible?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because a desperate team with minimal funds made a panic buy that failed. If he had anything left at all, he would have offers and there are none now and only a shitty one since he took the Saudi bucks. That's good enough for me. Pass

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Former Montreal attacking midfielder Saphir Taider is unattached, I noticed. Great player. Maybe burned his MLS bridges by taking a deal then asking out of it, then signing in Saudi. He only lasted a year there. Great technical player though.
    Oh wow that is interesting, he was a quality box to box mid, and he might come cheap. But why hasn’t he played for over a year, do you know?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, Insigne and Bernardeschi … that is serious. Whatever the story is.

I mean, there is a saying in the real estate business: “there's never just one cockroach” (which is a comment on how agents tell you, when you are looking at a place to rent/buy and you see a cockroach… that this is the only one!)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They signed him because their other strikers went down injured and their transfer window was closed, so they could only sign free agents. He only played 37 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Jesus, Insigne and Bernardeschi … that is serious. Whatever the story is.

I mean, there is a saying in the real estate business: “there's never just one cockroach” (which is a comment on how agents tell you, when you are looking at a place to rent/buy and you see a cockroach… that this is the only one!)
    Seems odd they are just bringing this up now and imply it’s an open secret. Yet no one has said anything until now.
    Last edited by Canary10; 01-06-2023 at 08:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sounds like tfc approached SJ earlier and he said no.

Now he didn't get offered the contract he wanted from nycfc so is open to tfc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I think this is why the Bradley comments get so many replies. It's not so much the content as the tone. There's a gap between "I hear you, but here's my take" and "I am the only one who knows this game, anyone who disagrees is objectively wrong or part of some conspiracy theory fringe"

Either way, Id bet the over on 32 starts for Bradley next season if fitness permits. I don't love it but it is what it is. If Bob fails this will be a sword he will have to fall on.
    Thank you for this much needed post!! Lets hope it sinks in

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets just say I don't trust anybody who gets their money from betting site journalism - innuendo drives action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Oh wow that is interesting, he was a quality box to box mid, and he might come cheap. But why hasn’t he played for over a year, do you know?
    No idea. He played seven games in Saudi then cancelled his contract and asked Montreal if he could come back, but they'd already moved on (he was on DP money).

He's been free for six months now. Probably just hasn't found a club that will pay him; could be a COVID vaccine thing, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/158QhkUW5Sk?t=757
    Here's the link to the video with Sharman and Singh mentioning the Insigne/Berna rift (12:37 timestamp). They do say that they've rekindled and put things behind them and want to move forward together. Seems like it's okay now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Seems odd they are just bringing this up now and imply it’s an open secret. Yet no one has said anything until now.
    I missed what is going on where is info being shared/brought up ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    I missed what is going on where is info being shared/brought up ?
    Bernie and Insigne were squabbling at one point, nothing major.

From MLSMultiplex tonight:

"There are whispers Johnson, who also wears the captain’s band is close to signing with Toronto on a 3-year deal. Currently, Toronto’s offer is more lucrative and longer than NYCFC are willing to go."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Fraser took a risk going to Belgian Second league to a club that was seeking promotion, in a move to get consistent playing time in a top league to make the World Cup squad. The team failed to get promoted (but he did still get to go to the World Cup)

Delgado was another player (first played out of position by Armas) who was moved, despite having performed solidly in the DM role in 2020. I know there are mixed opinions on Delgado, but the Delgado/Osorio double pivot in 2020 when Bradley was out was the best midfield play we've had in the last few years.

I love Bradley and what he's done for this team and still feel he has a role. But as the no doubt first choice DM, he's not at that level unfortunately anymore. But frankly, it's not that he's managing to beat out competition for the role, there is no competition for the role. If depth is brought in and he beats out the compeitition, that's one thing, but there is not depth that has been brought in
    I thought Priso was our best recent DM but it lasted only one match when he replaced Micheal and then got hurt. Really not sure what happened to him after that injury but I’m not surprised Fraser thought he had the potential to replace Kaye.

Before that Oso/Delgado together but I think Oso has more to give than in that role and is needed further forward these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I thought Priso was our best recent DM but it lasted only one match when he replaced Micheal and then got hurt. Really not sure what happened to him after that injury but I’m not surprised Fraser thought he had the potential to replace Kaye.

Before that Oso/Delgado together but I think Oso has more to give than in that role and is needed further forward these days.
    Speaking of our midfield, it's worth noting that we were uniformly dreadful at winning aerial duels, meaning long balls always went to the opposition.

Bradley - 14th percentile
    Osorio - 10th percentile
    MAK - 24th percentile
    Jayden Nelsen - 46th(!) percentile.

So basically, bypassing our midfield with either long balls or diagonal switches is uber easy.

Again, if we had a holder who was good in the air....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    My speculation was specifically about why he chose to go to Belgium Second Division, as that was one of the comments made against him that he wasn't even good enough to be depth. I never had rated him as a TFC starter, a bench option yes. He's above Belgium Second Divison level, but went there as a risk. He's definitely depth option quality imo

He got 1134 minutes and made 11 starts for the Crew. It's not that he's not MLS level at all. He's MLS depth level. He tried to prove he deserved more. Either way he'd have been fine for a 15-20 minute sub role, spot start role. Ideally, we'd have someone capable of better than that. But instead last year, we got Bradley 90 minutes every game. If we had Fraser making some minutes, I feel that would've helped Bradley be fresher. The point isn't that I want Fraser, it's that there is literally no one in midfield at all to spell Bradley. He's just an example of a depth piece that was gotten rid of and not replaced at all. Again, just using him as an example. Usually when you ship a piece out, you replace them. We have shipped out multiple midfielders and just not replaced them.
    Fraser was always very underwhelming, I thought, and yet in certain structured situations (beside Piette the bulldog who was on his game against Micheal and the USA, for example) he has played very well. Doubt he’d be adequate in BB’s conception of things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Felt the same way about Dan Lovitz; good utility winger, now an excellent fullback, never really given time but played well when he was out there. Maybe a personality fit, sure. I don't Vanney ever thought much of him, as he seemed a tidy player but didn't get much of a look.
    I thought Vanney favoured flashier fullbacks in general. Beitashour was criminally underrated by him. It was as if Vanney didn’t see all the extra and necessary work Beitashour did in our own half.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernie and Insigne were squabbling at one point, nothing major.

From MLSMultiplex tonight:

"There are whispers Johnson, who also wears the captain’s band is close to signing with Toronto on a 3-year deal. Currently, Toronto’s offer is more lucrative and longer than NYCFC are willing to go."

hopefully we get johnson signed up asap.

would be a real coup and also significantly weaken a direct rival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    The thing I found interesting in the presser today, was Bob talking about how big of a role Jason Hernandez has taken on with the club. It seems he has taken on the capologist and contract negotiation side of things so Bob can focus on more management tasks. A couple of times Bob specifically mentioned Jason and the work he was doing. Just thought it was an interesting insight and something to hopefully silence those who think Bob was wearing too many hats. Seems he is not such a conceited gut who thinks he has to do everything by himself.

Bob and the staff identify the players, meet with them, and the final negotiations with the agents seem to be going through Hernandez.

Just thought it was an interesting nugget.
    That’s good news - we certainly need someone to do that work. And Hernandez always struck me as an intelligent guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also supporting the idea of the 5-2-3/3-4-3: RIchie's numbers. His offensive numbers are the best in the league for a fullback, multiple 90th percentile stats. His defensive numbers are quite poor, mostly sub 50th percentile. He's best as a bombing wingback.

He does have quite a decent block record though, in the 60th percentile. So wide in a 5 or pushed up higher in mid 4 when necessary makes a lot of sense.

Also gets rid of our issues in central midfield by going to a double pivot, allowing flexibility between Osorio/Bradley/Kaye/Nelsen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Vanney favoured flashier fullbacks in general. Beitashour was criminally underrated by him. It was as if Vanney didn’t see all the extra and necessary work Beitashour did in our own half.
    Oh for sure. Beita was still a solid fullback for several years after that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we should have never let him go.
    sigh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Happy New Years all….

can anyone doune me a media guide?

IFYKYK
    What, no jetsey for you this year?