Page 48 of 174 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    High probability he'll sign. You don't pick up a Round 2 pick without talking to the player first.
    I do think he'll sign, but it does happen that they pick a player and he doesn't sign. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch is all I'm saying.

That's what happened a couple years ago with us and Juan Agudelo. We picked him. He didn't sign.
    SKC picked Robert Beric last year and he didn't sign.

I do think he'll sign because he did want to come back, but if Vanney and the Galaxy are offering more money/bigger role, he could choose to return there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Really got my hopes up for Hedges. Probably gonna come down to who gives him the most money between TFC and Cincy.
    for an MLS lifer like hedges it's probably quite a draw to play with guys like insigne and bernardeschi.

if we offer him a decent 3 year deal i reckon he'll sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concerned about Hedges more for his age than anything. I think would be a good signing, possibly great, but best days are 100% behind him and hopefully the compensation would reflect that. Anything over a mil would raise my eyebrows unless he turns out to be a consistent 9/10 player.

I would kill for Callens as well, but this would likely be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Have no idea how good he was for Galaxy, but my heart is ruling my head on this one. He's our second best ever player imo (And maybe my favourite) so love the idea of seeing him in red again.

In more practical terms, this one really, really depends on price. I'm skeptical how much output he has left. But on a Cheyrou like deal and expectation? I can see it
    He looked really good at our field this year. Still a pleasure to watch. Didn’t imagine he’d be back ever again in red.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

I do think he'll sign because he did want to come back, but if Vanney and the Galaxy are offering more money/bigger role, he could choose to return there.
    He likely would have already signed with them if he wanted to stay. I think he really likes it here and is wanting to come back.

He still looked quite sharp last year. He was in the same youth team as Messi, it's not time for him to hang up his boots.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hedges and vasquez signed up this week would be ideal.

cam/ wing depth and a starting CB, plus would be a great statement of intent to show other desirable free agents like johnson and callens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad things are moving already. I was thinking we wouldn't hear anything until after the WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    He likely would have already signed with them if he wanted to stay. I think he really likes it here and is wanting to come back.

He still looked quite sharp last year. He was in the same youth team as Messi, it's not time for him to hang up his boots.
    Like Coca Cola Classic, Classic VV for a brace 'Under The Wall'...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnson, Hedges, Callens, VV,
    Git-r-done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really think they are going for sean johnson.

mike singh who has knowledge of this stuff in last toronto til i die podcast indicated some of the free agents TFC were after were at the WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

mike singh who has knowledge of this stuff in last toronto til i die podcast indicated some of the free agents TFC were after were at the WC.
    Given how he played in limited opportunities last year and as a starter at Luton this year, the US keeper i’d like us to sign is Ethan Horvath.

Top keeper now, undervalued by Forest and now seemingly on permaloan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As they should would be such a coup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Given how he played in limited opportunities last year and as a starter at Luton this year, the US keeper i’d like us to sign is Ethan Horvath.

Top keeper now, undervalued by Forest and now seemingly on permaloan.
    I've been saying that all year. I would give it a punt if I were Bob.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    As they should would be such a coup.
    yes, and if we manage to swing hedges (which looks likely), it shows our pull with american free agents is pretty strong, so should be in a good position to land johnson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Richie has another performance like tonight's -- I think he was probably our best player -- I wouldn't be surprised if Forest just recalls him. Neco Williams has been a bust for them and looks half the wingback Richie does.

Multiple pundits in the UK judged him among the best performers too, with Jermaine Jenas raving about him on air.

Even if he doesn't go back, Forest might have suitors at bigger money, too.

I wouldn't be sure he's coming back.

He basically made Yannick Carrasco his bitch, and we're talking about an Atletico Madrid winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Richie has another performance like tonight's -- I think he was probably our best player -- I wouldn't be surprised if Forest just recalls him. Neco Williams has been a bust for them and looks half the wingback Richie does.

Multiple pundits in the UK judged him among the best performers too, with Jermaine Jenas raving about him on air.

He basically made Yannick Carrasco his bitch, and we're talking about an Atletico Madrid winger.
    It was a statement game for both Richie and Kamal Miller. Wouldn't be surprised if teams are already inquiring on the pair of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a statement game for both Richie and Kamal Miller. Wouldn't be surprised if teams are already inquiring on the pair of them.
    Yeah, Miller was huge. He really has improved dramatically in the last couple of years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teams have long term transfer plans, no one is bought solely bc of world cup performances anymore. That was a thing before you could get video of any player in the world playing week in week out.

MLS is heavily scouted every single week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie was roasting Carrasco. But I think I’d stay away from Steve Cooper if I was him. He was given almost no chance to play at Forest.

I remember we exchanged a post or two about this some months ago. I thought time would tell… still looks to me like Cooper prefers his U.K. lads. Also, he’s lacking some imagination in a Championship sort of way.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 11-24-2022 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will agree that we are not seeing Richie back here. He's gone, after seeing that.

What a player.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Looks like we've found our #1 keeper. Throw a bag at the Saudi keeper.

That should give a boost to our Canadian squad, anything is possible.
    If we sign he we would need to equip our backline with hockey helmets. That was a ugly flying knee his defender caught

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can add Johnson to that list as well. We was tracking like a man possessed out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I will agree that we are not seeing Richie back here. He's gone, after seeing that.

What a player.
    Maybe.
    Not so sure.
    I suspect the contract/agreement for Mamah might be similar to Shaffelburg's.
    TFC having the right of first refusal in any finalization of the transaction with Forest.
    My sense is that it was not a 'complete' transfer for budget/cap reasoning.
    If so, and if any meaningful offer is made, TFC could at least partially or likely fully benefit; if accepted.

I had a feeling Mamah was one of our outliers to watch.
    More so when Herdman, it was, announced he was starting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teams have long term transfer plans, no one is bought solely bc of world cup performances anymore. That was a thing before you could get video of any player in the world playing week in week out.

MLS is heavily scouted every single week.
    Yes & WC performance allows people to see what MLS players can do against quality opponents.

The question for CanMnt players without European experience is can they perform at that level with a coach or system less astute as John Herdman?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    You can add Johnson to that list as well. We was tracking like a man possessed out there.
    Johnson reportedly has a bid from Celtic. Now that said, I thought he was quite good but didn’t quite reach the high of a few others. He’s got to clean up the occasional loss of possession and mistimed tackle. I think it partially has to do with understanding the pace of the game at a higher level and he’ll get there.

We need to prepare for the possibility of a future without Laryea. One more WC game like that and he’s out of our price range.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yes & WC performance allows people to see what MLS players can do against quality opponents.

The question for CanMnt players without European experience is can they perform at that level with a coach or system less astute as John Herdman?
    Yeah as I said could be an extra data point for recruiters or raise a player that they were already tracking profile.

But genuinely transfer plans and players are tracked for 6 month minimum (but most of the time longer) and clubs will have underlying analytics to determine whether they think a player excelling at a lower level can step up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remind yourself that players from the k league show out every world cup, yet continue to play in the k league lol.

Same with J and A league players.

Clubs aren't buying up players based on 1-3 games where many players play above their level, for the same reason that players in cup upsets aren't immediately all purchase in the next window
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 11-24-2022 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update from end of last week...
    Within article's Free Agent Interest paragraph...
    Alan Sonora w/CFM... 'Right now the Alan Sonora deal is close, but has not been made official'.
    https://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2022/11/18/23466053/cf-montreal-apple-news-crest-update-and-more
    Really believed TFC had an inside connection to this player.
    Perhaps they have someone else in mind/lined up if Oso is indeed leaving?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remind yourself that players from the k league show out every world cup, yet continue to play in the k league lol.

Same with J and A league players.

Clubs aren't buying up players based on 1-3 games where many players play above their level.
    Moves happen every World Cup. It’s still a showcase.

I work in a heavily data driven business currently and the nature of it means we have more salient data points than a sports team could ever dream of. And we STILL make calls based on things beyond the numbers and it’s widely accepted in our industry this is best practice. The reason being, we try as hard as we can to quantify as much as we can but what is “unexplained” by the numbers is large enough where other factors need to be taken into consideration.

I doubt football, which is still has a lot of blue-collar types in management and is very early stage in terms of analytics and understanding is any more evolved.