Page 80 of 174 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’m going to guess it’s probably not a possibility given wage depends (and championship salaries) but Jr Hoilett is exactly the veteran presence / utility knife / other things this team could use.
    Reading switched him to fullback this year and he's been "unplayable" he's so dominant, according to his manager Paul Ince. Unfortunately, they will almost certainly offer him another one-and-one contract extension and he makes DP money, so he's not coming.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    Pressing needs for the upcoming season?

We still need a wingback partner for Laryea.

Need a CDM destroyer who will actually disrupt the opposition attacks, although I'm worried BB doesn't feel the same and will just put MB there again this season. I was yelling at the TV from game 1 last year about this, but BB didn't seem to care.

GK is clearly need #1.

Would like to see Kaye show some form this year. He was.....not good at soccer last year.

Would like to see Akinola shipped out and a new #9 arrive. I think the hype was extreme after his short MLS is back tournament performance and his post-injury form has been uninspiring.
    You are absolutely right about MB but let’s not start this debate again , anyone who watched this team last year was fully aware that Michael is a major liability, but it is what it is, father coach defending and protecting his slow skills are long gone son, we have this major handicap must work around it, if this team is not competing for titles this year Bob and Michael are gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Reading switched him to fullback this year and he's been "unplayable" he's so dominant, according to his manager Paul Ince. Unfortunately, they will almost certainly offer him another one-and-one contract extension and he makes DP money, so he's not coming.
    Which is a shame because he was poking around coming here at one point to see if he could return home. Good on him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone be safe and have fun tonight. Here's hoping 2023 brings us many transfer rumors and a much better record than 2022.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    There's some issues with his sheet - he hasn't assumed we rolled over any AM from last year (and we rolled over a lot). There's also some standard allocation money for it being an expansion year and us missing the playoffs that he didn't include. Basically, we have a lot more cap space than he says we do.
    Also, I remembered reading somewhere that all teams are going to get more TAM this year because of the Apple tv deal. Is that money already factored into that chart?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I know nothing about salaries in Uruguay, but this story says that the top player at Nacional (a club comparable to Penarol I think) makes $30,000 a month.

https://www.bloomberglinea.com/engli...r-former-club/

I would pay that to Cavallini, if I were TFC
    +1
    But would he accept it?
    It's all rumours until it's official afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Wonder if Bradley rates him? I don’t have much sense of that but I think he’d be a better idea than Akinola. I was thinking Montevideo might be an enjoyable place to play and a possible way back to Liga MX.
    Liga MX might be a good place for him actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think he is the perfect fit for what we're doing minus his meatheaded-ness.
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i would hope he would grow up playing for his hometown team with superstars.
    Not to mention close to family/friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yeah guilty as charged. Only sort of though.

Definitely looking at WC players a bit differently for sure.

Enner Valencia isn’t available on a free for a modest amount.

Cavs is close to Oso (very) and MAK (I think), I think the CMNT cohesion might be a real positive. But he is polarizing…
    I don't think signing Cavalini would be terrible.
    Sure he didn't score at the WC, but he didn't embarass himself and did alright considering the limited minutes.
    Getting rebounds and service from Oso and Insigne/Bernadeschi, and you have to wonder, how could be NOT get at least 10 goals/season. He'll track back and play defence. It's not like we're going to have a Cunningham situation again.
    The problem he had in Vancouver is that it seemed that he was being asked to essentially play a solo striker role. I think it was the system that didn't suit him. He wouldn't be tasked to be face of the team here, unlike in Vancouver. Of course, there's more pressure on him in TO than in Vancouver. Soccer is almost non-existent here, but I don't follow the Whitecaps.

With that being said, I don't think he'd want to play here for non-DP cash after being a DP for Vancouver. While I think signing him for a lower DP amount might be "fair", when you compare him to Oso and take that into consideration, it becomes a different conversation.
    Have fun explaining that to Osorio on why he doesn't deserve DP status/pay, but his friend who plays less does.

While I hope Akinola comes back to his former self, the way things are now I'd have more faith in Cavalini than Akinola.
    Just sign him for 2 years (1 guaranteed and 1 optional) or something like that.
    Last edited by SilverSamurai; 01-01-2023 at 01:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    You are absolutely right about MB but let’s not start this debate again , anyone who watched this team last year was fully aware that Michael is a major liability, but it is what it is, father coach defending and protecting his slow skills are long gone son, we have this major handicap must work around it, if this team is not competing for titles this year Bob and Michael are gone
    I have become resigned to the fact that MB is not only still playing this year but will still wear the arm band, will still play a tonne of minutes and our midfield will continue to get overun. Not one of them plays D...Oso is very good offensively at least and will work well with Insigne and Berna.

Just hope we can get a legit striker to help the Italians or its going to be more double/triple teams of them.

Still no keeper either? Am getting worried Bono it will be again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I was on the Cavalinni train but some of his antics over the past year have turned me off.

But then again, maybe we are setting our sights too high for what would be a backup striker. At $300k-$400k a year if he bangs in 5-7 goals and does a good job occupying space and defenders maybe that’s a great return?
    If he's willign to be a back up and not create any issues, and take a low salary, I'd be good with it. Its not like he has many options anyways, so coming "home" might reignite him and motivate him.

Is a handfull and can create a bit of havoc occuping some defenders and hopefully create a bit of room for Berna and Insigne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Still no keeper either? Am getting worried Bono it will be again....
    Bono signed with DC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Bono signed with DC
    Whew! )

thanks for the update. So we know its a new keeper this year then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Also, I remembered reading somewhere that all teams are going to get more TAM this year because of the Apple tv deal. Is that money already factored into that chart?
    Not included. It's probably not going to be as much new AM as one might think. It's any revenue over $100m/year, less all the production costs. And then it needs to be split equally between all of the teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy New Years all….

can anyone doune me a media guide?

IFYKYK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Happy New Years all….

can anyone doune me a media guide?

IFYKYK
    5 Fuads for this one.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha the media guide request.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a parody account. Or at least I hope so, judging by the craziness being tweeted on there even beyond this stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly.

I have no idea. Figured I would let the more knowledgeable on here let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Possibly.

I have no idea. Figured I would let the more knowledgeable on here let me know.
    He's either a parody or insane, there isn't really an option c. Either way looking at his feed there's 0% credibility to the account, though some of his tweets got a chuckle from me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    He's either a parody or insane, there isn't really an option c. Either way looking at his feed there's 0% credibility to the account, though some of his tweets got a chuckle from me
    He's just full of shit. He has TFC talking to Tyler Miller today, but Tyler Miller signed with DC weeks ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's just full of shit. He has TFC talking to Tyler Miller today, but Tyler Miller signed with DC weeks ago.
    Someone pointed that out to him and he replied something like "that'll be a road block for manning but I'm still confident he'll get it done" which did make me laugh. Combining that with his claims that only a snow storm prevented mlse from their plan of whining and dining cristiano Ronaldo and i think he's a self aware parody

Either way, posting him here as a credible source of information is a waste of time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That isn't even that Will Forbes guy. The new thing to do on #TFCLive is to pretend to be an insider and see how many people believe you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would expect some news over the next 3 or so weeks now that the holidays are over. At least I hope so, because camp opens this week and aside from Hedges we haven’t addressed any holes in our roster from ‘22.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone pointed that out to him and he replied something like "that'll be a road block for manning but I'm still confident he'll get it done" which did make me laugh. Combining that with his claims that only a snow storm prevented mlse from their plan of whining and dining cristiano Ronaldo and i think he's a self aware parody

Either way, posting him here as a credible source of information is a waste of time
    Will do. Not trying to muddy the waters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Would expect some news over the next 3 or so weeks now that the holidays are over. At least I hope so, because camp opens this week and aside from Hedges we haven’t addressed any holes in our roster from ‘22.

Makes me feel extremely anxious and I'm not an anxious person at all lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All windows are now open, contracts have expired in places like Mexico and South America, holidays are now done. No more excuses, let's get stuff done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what do we realistically need/ expect this january?

a starting GK, CB, LB, ST an extra CM are a necessity.

on top of that I'd like us to bring in a second depth midfielder and a utility player that can fill in at winger and fullback.

if we could bring in johnson, callens, blessing from free agency it's go a long way towards making us a contender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on top of that I'd like us to bring in a second depth midfielder and a utility player that can fill in at winger and fullback.

if we could bring in johnson, callens, blessing from free agency it's go a long way towards making us a contender.
    I thought LAFC exercised their contract option on Latif?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I thought LAFC exercised their contract option on Latif?

damn. missed that.

would have been perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mos def agree.
    We need one utility knife.
    That is why I would expect Holiett to at least be a candidate/considered.
    Latest incarnation as a RB; then move Mamah to LB.
    It has been mentioned he would likely be a DP.
    I do not believe he has made that salary for a few years now; since Cardiff.
    Unless he sees it as a personal affront or there are family issues at play- partner and child- in regards to a move.
    I suspect he may be had for a MLS Max Salary or just less.
    A fair raise and more than he seems to be making currently at Reading; IIUC.
    For whatever reason/s, I do not believe he has received any better offers from any of the other Championship or PL clubs.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-01-2023 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A GK and a LB are absolute minimum necessities to get in before the season starts. I can live with JJ and Ayo for half a season if TFC can get a DP striker on a pre-contract for July. That depth CM needs to be figured out sooner than later though.