Page 18 of 191 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley gets the title of coach and Sporting Director.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    So I guess Bob is replacing both Javier and Ali with the sporting director also being added to his title. Guess they could still hire a GM that would be more of a paper pusher/admin type?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I just had a flashback that scares me a little... Remember prior to the "Bloody Big Deal" we had a turnover that was almost 100% of the team from year to year.

I hope with jettisoning so many players we aren't making a return to the "Churn and Burn" method of roster building....
    If ever a roster needed to churn and burn it's this this one, now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So I guess Bob is replacing both Javier and Ali with the sporting director also being added to his title. Guess they could still hire a GM that would be more of a paper pusher/admin type?
    Sounds like that will be the case. A contracts & capologist guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m cautiously optimistic about Bob Bradley. I don’t rate him as the “elite” coach others do and I’m seriously concerned about how he’ll handle his son given his major decline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things move quick with Curtis gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad they didn't waste any time in announcing this. Things are moving so quickly this offseason and I love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I’m cautiously optimistic about Bob Bradley. I don’t rate him as the “elite” coach others do and I’m seriously concerned about how he’ll handle his son given his major decline.
    I like that he isn't Chris Armas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arena & Vermes both have Head Coach and Sporting Director titles. They both have Technical Directors and Director of Playing Personnel beneath them that handle the cap and other stuff. I'm guessing Bob will be making his own hires for his coaching staff and front office

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am optimistic with this hiring. There's a lot of work to be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bradley gets the title of coach and Sporting Director.
    Funny how quickly this gets announced a couple days after Curtis and TFC "mutually" parted ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if their is going to be a press conference to figure out what the plans for offseason are and what the goals are to accomplish to consider it successful from B Bradleys mouth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    I am optimistic with this hiring. There's a lot of work to be done.
    Yeah me too. His track record shows he's able to turn things around quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    i wonder if their is going to be a press conference to figure out what the plans for offseason are and what the goals are to accomplish to consider it successful from B Bradleys mouth
    Yep, 10:30 AM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Funny how quickly this gets announced a couple days after Curtis and TFC "mutually" parted ways.
    Yes. We have had three straight days of major announcements. Four if you count Romano breaking the Jozy move.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Bob Bradley runs the show. Period. Curtis will do paperwork and track the cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Can’t assume this without knowing the details. It’s not a slam dunk
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    My prediction weeks ago was that Bob is coming into the front office role (I was unsure whether he would replace Manning or Curtis), and Michael will be the manager.

This prediction is so far out there that nobody even responded at the time! If you think this is nuts, I have no issue with that. This is just my wild ass guess at what might work for Bob here (the manager job would hardly be a new challenge for Bob).

I still think that is the way to bet it, if I could get odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Except for thinking that they'd keep Curtis as capologist, looks like I read the room.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning remains firmly in charge

Now all eyes on the whether MB has a role
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I just had a flashback that scares me a little... Remember prior to the "Bloody Big Deal" we had a turnover that was almost 100% of the team from year to year.

I hope with jettisoning so many players we aren't making a return to the "Churn and Burn" method of roster building....
    So far they are only getting rid of people who should be gotten rid of. There is a cost, I don't expect TFC to be an MLS Cup contender right away, but it's the right thing to do. More likely we are looking at a 2 year rebuild. At least next year will be watchable.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Manning remains firmly in charge

Now all eyes on the whether MB has a role
    I'd agree with this. Michael as an assistant is quite plausible, and Manning is definitely in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Very interesting take and maybe true about TFC. But there seems to me - also in New Jersey - to have always been something hothouse about Curtis’ thinking. But I was wrong about the physical distance. Forgot that Dwyer trained with TFC in March 2021... so Curtis and Armas both had a good look at him post injury. Might make that signing even stranger. Boyd too had the hothouse feel. A kind of blindness to what’s actually happening, perhaps.

It’s possible that Dwyer was promised a contract before he arrived to train. They had to clear a roster spot before he could sign.
    They just bought on US reputation. Terence Boyd was in Germany so long at a lower level that he was continually touted for the USMNT, even thought it was clear he couldn’t make it at MLS level. He went back to Germany and was the leading scorer in division three last year, or something like that.

DeLeon made sense. Someone mentioned him playing right back at DC but he hated that and it was a latter-career thing. For most of his earlier career he was an out-and-out winger and they probably saw him as a “can play anywhere wide” utility guy, which is what he is. You’re not going to get a bag of balls for him at his age and with his Vax stance, but we could’ve at least released him to be closer to family.

Dwyer was just stupidity. They thought he’d regress to a mean because no striker who once scored 23 goals in a season is going to go completely blank, making him a good second or third option after Jozy and Ayo. But like all these guys, they bought based on U.S. perception, which is that he’s a former DP quality player. In fact, he never lived up to that billing in Orlando, just KC, and once his third gear was gone was basically Eddie Johnson redux.

Even with a good team, I doubt he could hit double digits. He just doesn’t have the burst of speed he used to rely on to beat his man to the ball. At that point, he’s basically a poacher who can’t poach.

I dunno, maybe we can shed his contract by trading him to a club that wants to get rid of someone of their own, an enfant terrible perhaps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI, the CBA allows each team to have one player who also serves as in a Professional Development role. They have academy/second team coaching responsibilities and work towards getting their coaching licenses. If MB wants to go down a coaching path, that's a realistic option. http://www.mlssoccer.com/about/roste...nd-regulations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think the Jozy buyout is being called prematurely, unless he’s had a schism with Michael as well and the feedback to Bob is that he’s more trouble than worth. Bob was his coach for the U.S. Nats and called on Jozy constantly. He was his coach when he got two against Spain, IIRC.

So Bob has had a good working relationship with him. Maybe the buyout shit was one last attempt by Ali to stick the knife in.

If he goes, he goes; 36 games in three seasons is not much productivity. But he’s a club legend and if he goes, he deserves a proper sendoff. If he doesn’t, I’m of the belief he still has a six-10 goal season in him. He scored four this year, and he hardly played. If the surgery truly was major and necessary, but skipped for two years, maybe we get 10-20 games this year and some goals, and we let the contract run out.

Either way, it’s a rebuilding year. And I’m not convinced that Soteldo, passionate or not, is not a pain in the ass. He certainly seemed to call out everyone on the field, even when it was his mistake, and he did the same at the national team level, leading to him first sitting for a game, then being suspended, allegedly for ignoring team curfew.

So there seem to be major maturity issues there and, ten assists on a team when no one else got to touch the ball a third as much notwithstanding, he hasn’t led us to anything. Jozy has, and whether he contributes at the rate a DP should or not, that has to be considered.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Maybe the buyout shit was one last attempt by Ali to stick the knife in.
    I'm quite confident that this is exactly the case. It would be very odd to make a personnel decision days before bringing in a new Sporting Director.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy is gone. It makes zero sense to bring him back at this stage of his career. You simply cannot commit a DP spot to someone who only played 25% of the available minutes this year. Ali Curtis is a lot of bad things, but the guy is a corporate stooge until the very end. He isn't about to go out and leak fake news to Fabrizio Romano just to spite him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any watch options for the presser?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also Soteldo, Auro and Gallardo were on a plane this morning according to Instagram. So we won't see them today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVBjse-vSaA

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVBj...ture=emb_title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo confirms he seperated from his wife.