Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    but you were in super early and got the 'early bird' pricing. Is it double of the actual ticket cost?

* edit: I take that back. there was no 'early bird' special on the supporters sections.

ugh, THIS discussion again??!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every year, about this time.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    That's because they want to use PSLs to fund the stadium
    They are still pricing out their fans. And what if MLSE charges PSLs for expansion down the road?

I know we aren't at Giants Stadium levels now, but its coming.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    They are still pricing out their fans. And what if MLSE charges PSLs for expansion down the road?

I know we aren't at Giants Stadium levels now, but its coming.

travis, bet someone now that its coming, because its pretty much a sure thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll flat out put money on that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's because they want to use PSLs to fund the stadium
    Bingo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    That's what the NY Giants thought too, a 20-year waiting list, now they can't even sell-out a new stadium.
    Sports organizations aren't as smart as we think they are. A lot of it has to do with luck. One of the reasons I say they aren't as smart is because while they know how to maximize profits in the short-term, many fail to enable long-term strategies of customer loyalty. So while some owner might have been lucky to buy the Leafs as opposed to buying the Penguins (who for years haven't been profitable and I am not sure they are even now), the profits they see now are because of that luck, not because they are incredible prognosticators.

Fact: Leaf tickets weren't nearly in as much demand 20 years ago as they have been the past 10 years with so much corporate money spilling into MLSE. Will that last forever? Not always. Especially with Balsillie hopefully at some point moving a team down the Gardiner. That would be a huge blow to MLSE.

Like the Jays, the Argos and every other Toronto team that has had a "fad" period, TFC is getting lots of attention now, but if this team does not start winning, people will start staying away. And if you have alienated your dedicated supporter base by constant increases in costs, what are you left with? Think this can't happen? It's happened over and over. The only teams that are immune are perennial winners like the Yankees.

Like I said...they sure know how to maximize profits in the short-term. But they have no idea on how to keep customers happy and loyal. If Balsillie brings a hockey team to Southern Ontario, just WATCH that season ticket list shrivel like George Costanza in a cold pool.

So what we are seeing here is TFC maximizing profits. Good for them. Creating customer loyalty isn't even an afterthought. Eventually that comes to bite you back in the ass.

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    I'll flat out put money on that.
    Really?
    I agree that the magic 8 ball would say "all signs point to yes" but I keep getting stuck at the "this is MLS soccer were talking about" point.

I can't say, MLS soccer will have teams with PSLs with a straight face.

It's MLS soccer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really?
    I agree that the magic 8 ball would say "all signs point to yes" but I keep getting stuck at the "this is MLS soccer were talking about" point.

I can't say, MLS soccer will have teams with PSLs with a straight face.

It's MLS soccer.
    MLS soccer probably won't, but I almost guarantee that a few years down the road PSL's will be at least an option for TFC. Paul talked about it previously and I bet it gets put into place sometime down the line.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    If Balsillie brings a hockey team to Southern Ontario, just WATCH that season ticket list shrivel like George Costanza in a cold pool.
    haven't you been told that your metaphors are terrible? Because if you haven't, let me be the first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry... PSLs????

Me no know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ It may be terrible, but he's right. People (for the most part) just want a decently priced ticket for entertainment. If they can find it elsewhere without having to wait and pay out the ass... they will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Sorry... PSLs????

Me no know
    Personal Seat Licenses ala Toronto Maple Leafs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does that mean/do?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven't you been told that your metaphors are terrible? Because if you haven't, let me be the first.
    LMAO!

Those are similes not metaphors my friend.

And I entertain myself quite a bit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does that mean/do?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Seat_License

Essentially...

A personal seat license, or PSL, gives the holder the right to buy season tickets for a certain seat in a stadium. This holder can sell the seat license to someone else if they no longer wish to purchase season tickets.[1] However, if the seat license holder chooses not to sell the seat licenses and does not renew the season tickets, the holder forfeits the license back to the team. Most seat licenses are valid for as long as the team plays in the current venue.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for all the fans that are complaing about a possible Seasons ticket raise,
    are you the ones that want a DP? Grass? If you thought we could get those without a raise in the season tickets, your out of it.. add to the Fact we will have a game with Philadelphia Union next season the prices
    would have gone up anyways. Becareful what you ask for,dp/grass you may have to pay for it!1
    Last edited by mighty_torontofc_2008; 09-15-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhh... so what's the difference between that and what we have now except they charge us for the right to have the tickets?

The fact that we can sell the license?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhh... so what's the difference between that and what we have now except they charge us for the right to have the tickets?

The fact that we can sell the license?
    I believe you PAY to get the PSL, then PAY for your tickets. That's my understanding. The PSL is basically just ownership of the seat.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    are you the ones that want a DP? Grass? If you thought we could get those without a raise in the season tickets, your out of it..
    actually.... what we wanted was the playoffs. We'll see how that goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you PAY to get the PSL, then PAY for your tickets. That's my understanding. The PSL is basically just ownership of the seat.

I already have that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already have that.
    yes and no.

you have a 'free' ownership of the seat, and if you don't buy the tickets, your ownership is gone.

there is no set value on your seat beyond the tickets, so you can't sell the 'rights' to your seats without selling the tickets too.

in the leafs world, you could sell the license for big cash, then it would be up to the next guy to buy the actual tickets.
    Last edited by Parkdale; 09-15-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes and no.

you have a 'free' ownership of the seat, and if you don't buy the tickets, your ownership is gone.
    Doesn't this say the same thing?

However, if the seat license holder chooses not to sell the seat licenses and does not renew the season tickets, the holder forfeits the license back to the team

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the golden goose is slowly being choked....

The atmosphere that 20-somethings created in the south end will fade with 15% increases every year...
    and the yuppies in the prawnies won't be able to say, "bro, you gotta come to BMO with me....the atmosphere is unreal"

it's a downward spiral.

I know Mr. Paul has a job to do...i just wish they didn't squeeze the people that helped make TFC a success....

Maybe our gift in 2010 will be a pink jersey....you don't see a lot of them being worn around BMO....If they are gifted, will they be a write off??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already have that.

No, you don't actually. You have your seat for TFC home games, and any games they include with that. You have the option to pick up your seats for other things dealing with TFC, but things like the Genesis concert, Bill Clinton at BMO, etc, etc. Those kind of things you would have the rights to as well.

Example, a friend of mine has PSL's for a private box at the ACC. With that, they have the option of ANY event held at the ACC, or selling those tickets.

Or something along those lines anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Sports organizations aren't as smart as we think they are. A lot of it has to do with luck. One of the reasons I say they aren't as smart is because while they know how to maximize profits in the short-term, many fail to enable long-term strategies of customer loyalty. So while some owner might have been lucky to buy the Leafs as opposed to buying the Penguins (who for years haven't been profitable and I am not sure they are even now), the profits they see now are because of that luck, not because they are incredible prognosticators.

Fact: Leaf tickets weren't nearly in as much demand 20 years ago as they have been the past 10 years with so much corporate money spilling into MLSE. Will that last forever? Not always. Especially with Balsillie hopefully at some point moving a team down the Gardiner. That would be a huge blow to MLSE.

Like the Jays, the Argos and every other Toronto team that has had a "fad" period, TFC is getting lots of attention now, but if this team does not start winning, people will start staying away. And if you have alienated your dedicated supporter base by constant increases in costs, what are you left with? Think this can't happen? It's happened over and over. The only teams that are immune are perennial winners like the Yankees.

Like I said...they sure know how to maximize profits in the short-term. But they have no idea on how to keep customers happy and loyal. If Balsillie brings a hockey team to Southern Ontario, just WATCH that season ticket list shrivel like George Costanza in a cold pool.

So what we are seeing here is TFC maximizing profits. Good for them. Creating customer loyalty isn't even an afterthought. Eventually that comes to bite you back in the ass.
    you're right it's flawed because I'm sure they get paid bonus and incentives on short term metrics, when in fact it should be a mix of short and long-term and intangible metrics....but how can you motivate people with long-term goals when turnover in the workforce is increasing all over the place.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't this say the same thing?

However, if the seat license holder chooses not to sell the seat licenses and does not renew the season tickets, the holder forfeits the license back to the team
    Kind of, but you have to pay for the PSL and the season tickets.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Example, a friend of mine has PSL's for a private box at the ACC. With that, they have the option of ANY event held at the ACC, or selling those tickets. .
    I think that applies for the boxes at BMO too. I could be wrong, but I seem to think I saw that a box is yours whenever the stadium is hosting an event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still total bullshit IMO.

Make me pay more for what I basically already have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still total bullshit IMO.

Make me pay more for what I basically already have now.

EXACTLY!