Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788 LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 2620
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Always felt Kenny was underrated, not cuz he was a Canadian but cuz he played for a crap team (at the time)
    getting embarassingly chipped By Parkhurst probably ruined his image with MoJo
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Talk of Rimando is fanciful. The only way he leaves RSL is if he pushes for it and all the signs there point to no.

If they are gonna target a veteran MLS goalie, it'll be Dan Kennedy.
    Wouldn't mind Dan Kennedy at all

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Wouldn't mind Dan Kennedy at all
    I dunno. I have a question mark with Kennedy. Long term injury and will he be 100% again?

Could be worth a risk that pays off, or could be another salary cap millstone
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I dunno. I have a question mark with Kennedy. Long term injury and will he be 100% again?

Could be worth a risk that pays off, or could be another salary cap millstone
    I agree and I am pretty sure you could get a similar GK from overseas for around $70-$100K less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Kenny

Kenny S is 36. and not much of an upgrade over Bendik/Konopka. If we are going shopping for a new GK, he better be way better than Kenny S.

Much better at distributing the ball, much better at communicating, much better in the air and much more confident that either Bendik or Konopka. I would consider this a definite upgrade.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I agree and I am pretty sure you could get a similar GK from overseas for around $70-$100K less.
    Maybe. I prefer MLS vets if you're going to make a deep run into playoffs if you're going to spend 250k or less. The quality of GKs from outside of MLS can be hit or miss at that kind of wage. Unless we're getting Julio Cesar or other really known GKs from overseas, but they are way expensive.

You can end up with a Kwarsey who is good (Portland GK) or Marin (SKC GK who got released). Even M'Bohli from Philly didn't pan out.

Scouting can only do so much. I think at this point, taking less risks is preferable than taking a shot in the dark and hoping for a payout.
    Last edited by Yohan; 10-22-2015 at 09:13 AM.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. I prefer MLS vets if you're going to make a deep run into playoffs if you're going to spend 250k or less. The quality of GKs from outside of MLS can be hit or miss at that kind of wage. Unless we're getting Julio Cesar or other really known GKs from overseas, but they are way expensive.

You can end up with a Kwarsey (Portland GK) or Marin (SKC GK who got released). Even M'Bohli from Philly didn't pan out.

Scouting can only do so much. I think at this point, taking less risks is preferable than taking a shot in the dark and hoping for a payout.
    Definitely, if you're going to take a risk like that you might as well give Roberts a shot. A proven keeper isn't cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather not do another roll the dice move in 2016. If they don't want to pay top MLS $$$ for a Rimando or Kennedy then hit up Scandinavia or lower tier Europe for someone. Not a whole lot cheaper but cheaper for sure.
    Agreed. A lot of upside to this sort of move, especially if you find a player that can stick with the team a while. North American keepers haven't rounded themselves out much while the rest of the players on the field have improved. A big oaf who stops shots is not enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can end up with a Kwarsey who is good (Portland GK) or Marin (SKC GK who got released). Even M'Bohli from Philly didn't pan out.

But guys like Ousted and Neilsen did the job. Second tier Europe is what I would look at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC should try to Poach Romuad Pieser from the Ottawa Fury. He's posted 14 shutouts this year. I've seen him and he's pretty good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But guys like Ousted and Neilsen did the job. Second tier Europe is what I would look at.
    But it was still a big risk. They could easily have not panned out. IIRC Ousted's first season was pretty bad and it took him a while to get used to MLS.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think TFC should try to Poach Romuad Pieser from the Ottawa Fury. He's posted 14 shutouts this year. I've seen him and he's pretty good.
    Would be a decent backup, one of the best keepers in the NASL. Unfortunately he's sat on the bench most of his carrer and at 36, don't think theres a move to come and do it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marcelo Boeck at Sporting? Guys been languishing on the bench way too long over there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marcelo Boeck at Sporting? Guys been languishing on the bench way too long over there
    he makes half a mill though sitting on the bench, pretty sweet gig

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    he makes half a mill though sitting on the bench, pretty sweet gig
    No TAM on a GK.

Save that for DM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade Jozy, get in on Carlos Vela

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way MLS puts him here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No way MLS puts him here.
    Tbh would have agreed with you until Jozy and Michael ended up here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade Jozy for Larin, both will end up in their hometowns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    Trade Jozy for Larin, both will end up in their hometowns.
    Jozy's from Orlando? I always thought he was from New Jersey, same as Bradley and that was why they knew each other so well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh would have agreed with you until Jozy and Michael ended up here

Big difference between a USMNT and a Mexican one. He ends up at Colorado or Chicago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big difference between a USMNT and a Mexican one. He ends up at Colorado or Chicago.
    Chicago; the team with 5 DPs that is consistently terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vela will go where Vela want's to go.

Orlando have a glut of #9s, if they trade Larin it's not for another striker but to fill holes elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Vela will go where Vela want's to go.

Orlando have a glut of #9s, if they trade Larin it's not for another striker but to fill holes elsewhere.
    I thought they were looking for a veteran DP striker though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu81 View Post
    Jozy's from Orlando? I always thought he was from New Jersey, same as Bradley and that was why they knew each other so well.
    Jozy was born in Jersey, but raised in Florida, according to Wiki

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we go Euro for our Gk situation then I really like Isaac Becerra out of Girona, 27, big personality, been starting for Girona for three years and his contract runs out in 2016. Pick him up on a bosman and play Konopka in goal till he arrives in June. Salary can't be too high right now given that Girona is almost exclusively a second division club.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Becerra
    http://www.transfermarkt.com/isaac-b...eler/56540#ath
    http://youtu.be/IsDAvovgb-c (highlights from last season)

Note: this is me being extremely bored waiting for the match versus Montreal tomorrow

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago; the team with 5 DPs that is consistently terrible.
    I am thinking the Fire are going to get gifted a name brand DP this winter because of missing out on both Jones and Drogba. And the Fire are 4 defenders and a veteran playmaker away from making the playoffs next season. The east is going to get a lot tougher.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking the Fire are going to get gifted a name brand DP this winter because of missing out on both Jones and Drogba. And the Fire are 4 defenders and a veteran playmaker away from making the playoffs next season. The east is going to get a lot tougher.
    Harry Shipp. He's magical at CAM.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought they were looking for a veteran DP striker though?
    They have Larin and Rochez, two young talented forwards. They're not going to trade either for Altidore. Especially not Larin who scored 5 more goals than Jozy at 3.5% of the cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nielsen was a great keeper in Denmark and looked like he was going to be Man Utd's successor to Fabien Barthez but they signed Roy Carroll instead. So he was a very known commodity, which probably helped. David Ousted was the keeper for the Danish-u21 team and also highly coveted. You're right, you can definitely get first-team keepers from second-tier leagues.