Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.mercurynews.com/earthquak...se-earthquakes

Tottenham midfielder John Bostock training with San Jose. Spurs must have really liked what Yallop did with Dawkins as reclamation project.
    Wrong thread, but yeah would be a good move for both parties.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Island Man View Post
    oh fuck me... rookie mistake on my part... the perils of starting too many threads!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mercurynews.com/earthquak...se-earthquakes

Tottenham midfielder John Bostock training with San Jose. Spurs must have really liked what Yallop did with Dawkins as reclamation project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Man View Post
    oh fuck me... rookie mistake on my part... the perils of starting too many threads!
    Funny how things turned out..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two goals for Maicon Santos tonight as Chicago surprises NYRB 3-1. The first of the two was superb. The second, a tap in that he did not miss.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter...hlights/216166

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Two goals for Maicon Santos tonight as Chicago surprises NYRB 3-1. The first of the two was superb. The second, a tap in that he did not miss.

Just watched the highlights. It's funny how 100% left-footed Maicon Santos is. The first goal was stab with his left, the 2nd a tap-in. Both would have been much easier with the right foot, but he doesn't do that even when he's inches from goal. (Frankly I think it's funny when any player at this level is so completely stuck with only using one foot.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Just watched the highlights. It's funny how 100% left-footed Maicon Santos is. The first goal was stab with his left, the 2nd a tap-in. Both would have been much easier with the right foot, but he doesn't do that even when he's inches from goal. (Frankly I think it's funny when any player at this level is so completely stuck with only using one foot.)
    Perhaps but by going with the outside of his left foot on the first goal, I think he fooled the keeper as, as you say, the inside of the right foot would have seemed the thing to do but the lunge to get it with his left meant he shot a bit earlier than the keeper would have expected. That’s my theory anyway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps but by going with the outside of his left foot on the first goal, I think he fooled the keeper as, as you say, the inside of the right foot would have seemed the thing to do but the lunge to get it with his left meant he shot a bit earlier than the keeper would have expected. That’s my theory anyway.

If it works & he scores, it's all good! I can just remember some other times where he contorted himself to use his left foot, or wasted time by getting the ball to the left -- and didn't score...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awful defending there. Seems like Santos has played for every team in MLS. I don't know why he can't stick to one team for a long period of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Awful defending there. Seems like Santos has played for every team in MLS. I don't know why he can't stick to one team for a long period of time.
    The commentators were discussing that and while they had no evidence as to what the problem might be, one did say that something was obviously wrong there. I recall Aron Winter telling me that he was too greedy. It is hard to disagree with that sentiment but I think I countered with a comment about how he could shoot like nobody else on the team. Obviously this was after he'd been dealt.