Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I am traveling and only saw the highlights...

Given our PK history, for this guy to deliver the all time eff you slow motion panenka on his debut, that was one of the sweetest/cheekiest things I have ever seen!

What's amazing is how dominant he appears to have been without really doing what he was doing at Genk, the long through balls (there were none in the 8 minute highlight package), holy smokes, when he and Jozy add that...!
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Given our PK history, for this guy to deliver the all time eff you slow motion panenka on his debut, that was one of the sweetest/cheekiest things I have ever seen!

What's amazing is how dominant he appears to have been without really doing what he was doing at Genk, the long through balls (there were none in the 8 minute highlight package), holy smokes, when he and Jozy add that...!

Ensco, you need to see if you can find a tape of the whole game and watch it. The interplay between Poz Oso and Jozy, and sometimes Bradley was fantastic. It was like a whole different level of soccer and was a joy to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Ensco, you need to see if you can find a tape of the whole game and watch it. The interplay between Poz Oso and Jozy, and sometimes Bradley was fantastic. It was like a whole different level of soccer and was a joy to watch.
    It was really something. It's early yet and we still have pieces coming but if it goes in this direction I think the team can be more balanced than before. It's refreshing to see more players involved offensively and not have everything funneled through one channel. You can really see it opening space. We get one more attacking option, with pace and has an instinct for good runs off the ball, and I don't see how teams can defend against it all other than low block defending.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I will watch it later this week.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it harkened back to those rare occasions when both Vazquez and Cheyrou were on the field with Bradley. Three Euro experienced MF'ers doing what comes naturally to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, him an Oso looked like they have been playing together for years. These two will be unlocking teams often.

Bradley's run to open up space for Pozo goal will go mostly unnoticed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

They cut it out of the video but he had a through ball over the top sending Jozy clear in on goal around the 75th minute I believe. Johnson made a good save on it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    They cut it out of the video but he had a through ball over the top sending Jozy clear in on goal around the 75th minute I believe. Johnson made a good save on it.
    There were two or three other through balls to Jozy that just failed to connect or didn't end up with a direct shot on goal but once these guys get their timing down, Jozy's going to be getting 4 or 5 chances a game to score.