Page 76 of 191 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So number 24 is tattooed on Insigne's leg and his number at Napoli. Does Shaff give it to him when he comes here? That is the hard hitting questions we must ask

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So number 24 is tattooed on Insigne's leg and his number at Napoli. Does Shaff give it to him when he comes here? That is the hard hitting questions we must ask
    He still wore 10 for Italy at the Euros (even though numbers went up to 26 this year). I could see him going for #9 since that's open and a star number and he could say 24 is special and is my Napoli number only

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would feel a lot better if year one started in March not in July/August. Hopefully Napoli doesn't run him into the ground by the time he gets here.

Seeing as there is no news regarding Poz I'm going to assume he is staying, hopefully he used this off season to sort his personal life out because he is vital to the team before Insigne arrives. We cant be bottom of the league once the summer rolls around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think I would feel a lot better if year one started in March not in July/August. Hopefully Napoli doesn't run him into the ground by the time he gets here.

Seeing as there is no news regarding Poz I'm going to assume he is staying, hopefully he used this off season to sort his personal life out because he is vital to the team before Insigne arrives. We cant be bottom of the league once the summer rolls around.
    TFC apparently sent a trainer over to Spain to work with Poz and get him set up for training and recovery this off season. According to Instagram, Poz has been spending a lot of time with his kids and brother, so hopefully that's good for him and he can come back recharged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nicolò Schira
    @NicoSchira
    · 1h
    Mimmo #Criscito will be the next #TorontoFC’s signing. #TFC have reached an agreement in principle for his arrival in #MLS from June. The regista of the deal is the agent Andrea D’Amico, who is also the intermediary and creator of #Insigne’s purchase. #transfers #TFCLive twitter.com/nicoschira/sta…
    this may be old news,is this a reliable source?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think the wing idea works if we have enough balance in the rest of our team so that he can do the things he does best in that position. Otherwise, he’d be better off as a #10.

My question though is whether you play Poz underneath or push him over to the right side more. He did play that sort of role on occasion in Europe. However, unlikely he’s gotten any faster with age and I like the idea of him providing final balls to the other two guys.
    Poz has shown no signs of being an adequate winger, certainly not here and not when I saw him in Europe. He’s got to play in the middle, more or less. When he was sold, Genk’s president said that unless Toronto builds the team around him he’s a wasted buy. He played deeper there best, feeding the young fast wingers, etc. Vanney managed to move him higher up the pitch which worked (but not when he played as a false nine). I’m very curious to know what Bradley has in store for him (once the roster properly settles).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Nicolò Schira
    @NicoSchira
    · 1h
    Mimmo #Criscito will be the next #TorontoFC’s signing. #TFC have reached an agreement in principle for his arrival in #MLS from June. The regista of the deal is the agent Andrea D’Amico, who is also the intermediary and creator of #Insigne’s purchase. #transfers #TFCLive twitter.com/nicoschira/sta…
    He isn't the best source. A lot of rumors circulating about Criscito coming to Toronto lately though. Same with Destro.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They won't buy out Jozy until the very last day they have to be roster compliant at which point he will be free to sign with any MLS team or wait for the summer ITC windows to open up & go somewhere else.

TFC don't buy him out earlier when there is even a sliver of a chance that somebody will take some of his pay on - we all know that's a slim chance but they ain't doing that until all options are gone through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Vic Rauter …. In - sing - YAY!
    *shudder*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Honestly I'm trying not to get to excited not just about this signing but what it means as they don't just throw a dump load of cash on one player and just see what happens. If this does signal MLSE trying to get TFC to the next level then there'll likely be lots more spending to come with a goal of ending 2026 with a 40,000 capacity, world cup game hosting worthy stadium (along with many new corporate boxes, I'd assume) and demand for tickets being a sell out or close to it weekly with some incredible talent on the field. If that's the vision the next 4 years are going to be fun.
    Yes! What a grande vision this could be. What magic will be woven? What dreams may be had? And all the fun in between!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Perhaps true, but perspective is important. Stanley Matthews was 46 when he was on loan to Toronto City in 1965, a team that lasted only 6 years. Eusebio was 33, Kubala was 36, and Johnny Haynes was on loan and only played 5 games. Insigne will be 31 and one year away from victory at the Euros with Italy, he's an Italy starter, Napoli captain and champions league player, and we get him for 5 years when Toronto has a PROPER team with 14 years behind it in a league that is miles and miles away better and more established than any of the old leagues of yesteryear. This is definitely the biggest footballer to suit up for a Toronto team in a serious manner and in a serious league.

Very, very, very, well stated. Fair rebuttal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Nicolò Schira
    @
    Nope. One of the worst sources apparently. A throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks guy
    https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/sta...52315755921408
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-04-2022 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk how much stock I give this given who tweeted this but this would be huge… https://twitter.com/transfersmls/sta...403250176?s=21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He would be preferable to Criscito, for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcboi View Post
    Idk how much stock I give this given who tweeted this but this would be huge… https://twitter.com/transfersmls/sta...403250176?s=21
    Would certainly send notice on those Concacaf Champions League ambitions we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One down, one more to go... Exciting stuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne signing today shows that Manning’s Italy trip really had/has nothing to do with Insigne. Strongly suggests goalline territory on at least one of Belotti/Criscito/Destro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very concerned about too many vital players arriving in the summer. Not sure the squad is in the kind of shape where Insigne and Criscito (example) arrive in June and that isn’t forfeiting the first half of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A source has told me that Toronto are trying to acquire former RSL and current Tigres CB Carlos Salcedo. The 28 YO Mexican INTL hasn’t played in MLS since 2014. Soon!

https://twitter.com/TransfersMLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    A source has told me that Toronto are trying to acquire former RSL and current Tigres CB Carlos Salcedo. The 28 YO Mexican INTL hasn’t played in MLS since 2014. Soon!

Now this would be a good signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Now this would be a good signing
    And we could probably get him in for the start of the season. Salcedo, a revitalized Mavinga and O'Neill would make for a huge improvement over Omar, Zavs and Mavinga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this on Wiki...

On 4 May 2013, Salcedo made his professional MLS debut for Real Salt Lake as a substitute against Vancouver Whitecaps, ending in a 2–0 win entering as a substitute in the 89th minute.[4] In the second half of the 2013 season he was a regular starter for Salt Lake starting 12 games by season's end.

Following a lack of playing time in the 2014 season with Real Salt Lake, in November 2014, Salcedo took to Twitter asking the team not to bring him into future team plans, citing issues with former general manager Garth Lagerwey
    Manning was still president of RSL at that time and has a previous connection to Salcedo. Doesn't seem like he left RSL on good terms though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Nope. One of the worst sources apparently. A throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks guy
    https://twitter.com/Millar_Colin/sta...52315755921408
    This is great. I started realizing Nicolò Schiro's rumours were garbage as they were constantly wrong but this thread just proves he's a true fraud.

I've been watching Will Forbes this offseason but I feel like I recall his name getting a few MLS transfers correct prior. Still hard to judge but he might have some sources, even if he is ghosting someone else's real name.

As one of our own, I hope Michael Singh has sources but still too early/difficult to judge.

Duane Rollins mostly wrong.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 01-04-2022 at 09:43 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post

Look earlier in this thread about this source (page 74). Not a reliable source, unfortunately.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

putting this here too as it is transfer related. and really funny. http://www.eastsidestandup.com/happy-new-year/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schira is the one who kept tweeting nonsense about the Crew and then TFC signing Giovinco. Certified bum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^The problem with this game is that it's not like any of it requires true inside knowledge. I mean, Seba could very well wind up at the Crew, or at TFC. But that doesn’t mean any of these guys knew a thing about it. It's not exactly a genius revelation to observe that Seba lives in Toronto and is out of contract and would like to return, either here or near here. It'd be the rooster taking credit for the dawn to say “I called that” if it happens.

Same with Insigne. There were reports in December that TFC were interested. OK. The fact that it happened doesn’t mean that any of those guys who said it would happen in December were “right”. They almost certainly didn’t know a thing about it, they just projected out the rumours, and no amount of end zone dancing changes that.

(Exception is Goodson, the poster here, hat tip to him. He mentioned Criscito early. That looks like somebody who actually knew something, looking back at it.)
    Last edited by ensco; 01-04-2022 at 11:05 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we are getting the star striker from Italy. While I am aware this will generate great excitement with the club and a couple a years of good play it is not a good investment. MLS is not a highly skilled league like Europe but a very athletic league. We might get 1 1/2 to 2 years of good play and then he will fall off quickly and we still have him for another very expensive 3 years. This will hurt the club in the long term. But that is just my opinion and nobody said I was a genius in football.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^The problem with this game is that it's not like any of it requires true inside knowledge. I mean, Seba could very well wind up at the Crew, or at TFC. But that doesn’t mean any of these guys knew a thing about it. It's not exactly a genius revelation to observe that Seba lives in Toronto and is out of contract and would like to return, either here or near here. It'd be the rooster taking credit for the dawn to say “I called that” if it happens.

Same with Insigne. There were reports in December that TFC were interested. OK. The fact that it happened doesn’t mean that any of those guys who said it would happen in December were “right”. They almost certainly didn’t know a thing about it, they just projected out the rumours, and no amount of end zone dancing changes that.

(Exception is Goodson, the poster here, hat tip to him. He mentioned Criscito early. That looks like somebody who actually knew something, looking back at it.)
    Yes I too am impressed with Goodson comments curious as hell to know who this guy is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Looks like it will be a big splash. I've kept quiet, not too excited actually. I was hoping TFC could get a bit "smarter" with Bob Bradley's involvement. There are a ton of great footy players available around the world. We gotta realize Insigne is a huge risk, in terms of age, cost and length of contract. I hope it doesn't turn out like some of the other aging DPs.

But it really is a sanguinante big deal. I've also been considering why MLSE thinks this is worth it. It's not just about adding a couple thousand season ticket holders, and/or about more viewership and better TV deals -- although that's also an issue. I think it's an attempt to re-create scarcity and buzz about the team. Let's face it, the last stadium expansion to 30k, with most of those seats added on the east side, didn't really work out. Together with some variable results by TFC, there were already a ton of empty seats before the pandemic started. Some of those were unsold seats; some were sold seats where people didn't bother showing up, and couldn't (or didn't bother) reselling them. It became very easy to pick up seats for individual games, often even at SSH prices or less.

The World Cup will be here in a few years. The stadium will be expanded again. Some will be temporary seats, but many permanent. They already presented plans for a west-side expansion a few years ago, with more seats, more & upgraded boxes, and many other things rebuilt or improved. Unless things really change around TFC, that would mean an even weaker supply/demand situation. Many more people would start to wonder why season tickets are worth it - especially in the more expensive seats. The south end and light grey tickets don't pay for any type of DP.

It's not just about adding a few thousand SSH; it's about regularly going from less than 20k to over 40k bums in seats. It's about buzz, and building on the current CMNT excitement.

Also after the last 3 years, it has again become clear how much Ontario is just three developers in a trench coat. MLSE probably realizes it's important to keep the Vaughan crowd interested, for financial and other reasons. Insigne and Co. plus lots of $ all help build that excitement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Just a bad Italian joke, Bloody Big Deal.

Nope. Decent joke... sanguinante = bloody... but also 'bleeding out', as in cash, as in, I guess, the agreed banner... 'A Fcuk-Ton Of Money Deal'.
    Also, I know two of three of those 'developers' and its the 2020's, so, no more trench coats... its Fratelli Tallia Di Delfina Suits and escorted Bentleys.