Page 75 of 191 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Bringing back north side stands wild really help brewing atmosphere to the stadium. It’s like it all leaks away there.

Also, sanguinante ??? B
    Just a bad Italian joke, Bloody Big Deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Vic Rauter …. In - sing - YAY!
    Pure Gold. This is perfect.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Auzzy, what were the plans presented for west side expansion at BMO. I don't think I ever saw that.
    I'm just trying to work the Google a bit, I haven't found it exactly. The plans for the west side won't be exactly the same as previously proposed, as the Argos have already arrived since then and they didn't do much for them; plus the Word Cup plans came later so will have an impact. But probably they already have design and engineering plans for the west side that they can start from.

Here's a little info, from around the time of the last major expansion: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/foot...61pkqjc3gdfwc5

"A third phase, pending a move by the Canadian Football League's Toronto Argonauts to BMO Field, would include additional upgrades to meet the needs of the football team. Maple Leaf Sports is funding the majority of construction with a portion of financing provided by the city of Toronto. When the entire project is completed, the stadium will have capacity for 40,000 seats, enough to potentially host an NHL Winter Classic and a Grey Cup, the CFL's championship game."

So obviously they made the changes required for the CFL (e.g. extra dressing room; reconfigured north & south ends); but didn't yet do the rest to expand to 40k seats.

I'll look for more; I'm sure it was also posted on this forum back then...

EDIT It's probably mentioned somewhere in these 86 pages... http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...ruction-thread

And what I wrote above may not be quite correct. It looks like they fulfilled the 40k capacity for Grey Cup with the temporary seats. I do remember other reports about permanent upgrades to the west side back then, but can't remember the details or find them right now. One suggestion was that the west-side roof was built higher with a gap to allow for expansion.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 01-04-2022 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd trade it all for safe standing in the south end, though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insinge - Bellotti
    Pozeulo

what a devastating front 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Insinge - Bellotti
    Pozeulo

what a devastating front 3
    I don't think Insigne will be playing striker, at least not yet. We'll probably either see see a 4231 or 4321. I'm hoping for the latter (and BB departing from his usual 433) to keep Insigne and Pozuelo closer together and to goal. Assuming Poz sticks around. A lot of roster work to be done before we get a real idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne will play on the wing or as a 10, not a striker. Ideally we get him a quality 9 to play off.
    Last edited by trane; 01-04-2022 at 04:14 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I'd trade it all for safe standing in the south end, though!
    Haven't heard anyone at TFC talk about it for some time but weren't we still getting that at some point? I thought we were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deal apparently signed now. There's a paparazzi photo in the following link with Insigne and his agent meeting to sign the contract. https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/insi...4-gennaio-2022

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Insigne will play on the wing or as a 10, not a striker. Ideally we get him a quality 9 to play off.
    Agreed. He has only played the false 9 when absolutely needed at Napoli. He is not a striker so I hope that is not what people think is coming. He is best on the wing and loves to cut in from the left wing to take a shot with his right foot to beat the keeper on the far post. Kind of his signature move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Biggest signing in all of Toronto Sports history...
    Not even the biggest footballer to play in Toronto. Far behind the likes of Sir Stanley Matthews, Eusebio and Kubala and Johnny Haynes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Haven't heard anyone at TFC talk about it for some time but weren't we still getting that at some point? I thought we were.
    They occasionally tell us it's coming in a couple of years, then just go quiet on it. It's top of my wishlist for anything FO could do but it's never a priority it seems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Maybe signing but acquisition it is still by far Kawhi Leonard, we legitimately had the best basketball player on the plant for that year.
    Orchestrated by the same individual; go big or go home!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is clearly best on the wing. But in this league he could get consistent space to do his thing as a 10. However, he would be devastating on the wing, if defenses are not able to completely key on him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is clearly best on the wing. But in this league he could get consistent space to do his thing as a 10. However, he would be devastating on the wing, if defenses are not able to completely key on him.
    Knowing MLS teams they will double or triple team him every time he has the ball on the wing. That used to be how they handled Seba anyway. Opens up space for others I guess if they do that so hopefully we can take advantage either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am willing to bet the sheer use of the words "Toronto FC" on Twitter in the past week have doubled or maybe tripled their usage of the past 18 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the wing idea works if we have enough balance in the rest of our team so that he can do the things he does best in that position. Otherwise, he’d be better off as a #10.

My question though is whether you play Poz underneath or push him over to the right side more. He did play that sort of role on occasion in Europe. However, unlikely he’s gotten any faster with age and I like the idea of him providing final balls to the other two guys.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    In baseball nothing comes close to when the Jays signed Roger Clemens. He was the best pitcher in baseball while he was here.
    Didn't win anything here ... mercenary. Goes from Red Sox to Jays to Yankees (oops, i guess I shouldn't tell you how i really feel)

I would put Robbie and Joe Carter before that.. but back to football. Jozy for Defoe, only because Gio and Bradley were signings but they all made up the Greatest MLS Team Ever.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Agreed. He has only played the false 9 when absolutely needed at Napoli. He is not a striker so I hope that is not what people think is coming. He is best on the wing and loves to cut in from the left wing to take a shot with his right foot to beat the keeper on the far post. Kind of his signature move.
    We will actually have someone who can score from outside the box again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I am willing to bet the sheer use of the words "Toronto FC" on Twitter in the past week have doubled or maybe tripled their usage of the past 18 months.
    not bad for a team in america

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing we learned from watching Soteldo is that excellent wing players need strong players in the middle, or they wind up on an island.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW the MLS Buzz guy is Tweeting some Belotti to TFC stuff so it's not just the Forbes guy now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing we learned from watching Soteldo is that excellent wing players need strong players in the middle, or they wind up on an island.
    Schaff didn't and he had the same nothing in the middle that Soteldo had to deal with. One was excellent and the other was Soteldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Jozy and Sloane Stephens got married very recently. Probably in the sake of good PR to not announce the guy has been bought out on his wedding day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Not even the biggest footballer to play in Toronto. Far behind the likes of Sir Stanley Matthews, Eusebio and Kubala and Johnny Haynes.
    Perhaps true, but perspective is important. Stanley Matthews was 46 when he was on loan to Toronto City in 1965, a team that lasted only 6 years. Eusebio was 33, Kubala was 36, and Johnny Haynes was on loan and only played 5 games. Insigne will be 31 and one year away from victory at the Euros with Italy, he's an Italy starter, Napoli captain and champions league player, and we get him for 5 years when Toronto has a PROPER team with 14 years behind it in a league that is miles and miles away better and more established than any of the old leagues of yesteryear. This is definitely the biggest footballer to suit up for a Toronto team in a serious manner and in a serious league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5.5 years at such a high salary for a player in his thirties is a mistake...if hes not performing at dp level by year four or five of six there is almost no way out as no one would want to pay so much for a player around 35 and a buyout would cost too much...hopefully it all goes well but chances of going badly before the end are considerable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Apparently Jozy and Sloane Stephens got married very recently. Probably in the sake of good PR to not announce the guy has been bought out on his wedding day.
    Getting a multi-million dollar cash advance for literally doing nothing is bad PR?

That's one hell of a wedding day gift. In fact I would have TFC on twitter say "Congratulations Jozy, here is your honey moon gift".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    This is definitely the biggest footballer to suit up for a Toronto team in a serious manner and in a serious league.
    Eusebio was only two years older and won a NASL title in Toronto. I think that is a bit disrespectful to say Eusebio didn’t play in a serous manner or it wasn’t a serious league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why my first comment that we hopefully get him a quality 9 to play off. Jozy would have been that a couple of year ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I'm wondering, since this is apparently a 5.5 year deal, is maybe this is a very front-loaded deal, which could be why it's being reported as 80 million over 5.5 (with people assuming it's a constant salary), but maybe it's something like

Year 1 - 7.25 (half season)
    Year 2 - 14.5
    Year 3 - 5
    Year 4 - 5
    Year 5 - 1.5
    Year 6 - 1.5

It would actually match up with top DPs have been making on the DP deals, but a declining salary so by the end he's a TAM player and not a 36 year old DP. I could see this being the case and then the agent is leaking the Year 1 salary with everyone just assuming it's a constant salary.