Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ The terms won't be to Curtis' liking, so it won't happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    ^ The terms won't be to Curtis' liking, so it won't happen.
    Or in this case, likely the board's liking

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precourt ain't gonna spend that sort of money. Their biggest current outlay is $1.53 million.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Precourt ain't gonna spend that sort of money. Their biggest current outlay is $1.53 million.
    He wouldn't need to. TFC was always eating most of Jozy's salary, if they moved him. That was before this rupture.

I suspect somebody might win MLS Cup on the back of paying Jozy 500K here. In fact, it's probably the fear of exactly this that is the holdup.

If your choice is (i) to look like a moron to your boss by paying someone to not play, or (ii) to look like a moron to the world, if you sell the guy cheap... you bury the guy and pick looking weak to the boss, when the boss shows you repeatedly he doesn't and won't notice.

It's completely dysfunctional.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-28-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might have to ask Matthew McConaughey to cover it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They might have to move Jozy and accept that we won't have a third DP this year because of their incompetence. It's hard to justify not accepting some sort of savings on an asset that's useless in our hands, even if that means we don't get a DP spot back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not yet sold that the need to move Jozy is seen by management as so affecting this team that TFC would accept getting basically nothing in return, to be honest. They seem all in on "Being stuck in Florida is the reason why we are so bad".

My spec would be there is a transfer for Jozy already agreed & coming in the next window to a team in LigaMx.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My spec would be there is a transfer for Jozy already agreed & coming in the next window to a team in LigaMx.
    Or Penerol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    They might have to move Jozy and accept that we won't have a third DP this year because of their incompetence. It's hard to justify not accepting some sort of savings on an asset that's useless in our hands, even if that means we don't get a DP spot back.

THEN THERE IS NO REASON HE SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING!!! If you have no intention of playing him anymore, then just say it. You are not humiliating a club legend, MLSE is humiliating themselves.

The pressure to deliver something gets greater next week.

• MLS Secondary Transfer Window: Wed., July 7 – Thurs., August 5, 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    THEN THERE IS NO REASON HE SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING!!! If you have no intention of playing him anymore, then just say it. You are not humiliating a club legend, MLSE is humiliating themselves.

The pressure to deliver something gets greater next week.

• MLS Secondary Transfer Window: Wed., July 7 – Thurs., August 5, 2021
    To be fair, let's say they do have a transfer lined up for Jozy that they can't announce yet. Playing him with his injury history is a huge risk for all parties involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m going to take the (likely unpopular) stance he’s better off away from the team. At this stage, not being able to control the past, I think it’s the right action. He’s not produced for quite a while and has had a run in with the coach.

The mistake by management was re-signing him in the first place and not seeing the signs he was regressing before we got painted into this corner.

You hope he doesn’t “Vince Carter” us but realistically that’s out of our control if we trade him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    To be fair, let's say they do have a transfer lined up for Jozy that they can't announce yet. Playing him with his injury history is a huge risk for all parties involved.
    Hope they do, but boy they are asking for some much unearned faith. Suitors are not stupid nor are the fans. Jozy's days at TFC with this management group are done (hope i am wrong, have been so before).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’m going to take the (likely unpopular) stance he’s better off away from the team. At this stage, not being able to control the past, I think it’s the right action. He’s not produced for quite a while and has had a run in with the coach.

The mistake by management was re-signing him in the first place and not seeing the signs he was regressing before we got painted into this corner.

You hope he doesn’t “Vince Carter” us but realistically that’s out of our control if we trade him.
    I think it's better too. He would be a distraction and he is, by the last couple years for reference, no better than Akinola at this point.

I bet if we moved him in MLS he would be far more productive than he has been here for a few years but he will also get injured for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No reason they couldn’t announce a deal that’s done and dusted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I do doubt anything is done. Still, having him play and strain a quad is not gonna help Jozy or TFC find a transfer which seems to be where this is heading. It will really be a really crappy ending to his career here with him being froze out though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason, MLS has this thing about not talking about signings (beyond "this young man is going to Europe in 8 months") outside of the transfer window.

e.g. Defoe - they did the pictures & videos for all that around the 10th of December. It was a done deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason, MLS has this thing about not talking about signings (beyond "this young man is going to Europe in 8 months") outside of the transfer window.

e.g. Defoe - they did the pictures & videos for all that around the 10th of December. It was a done deal.
    They usually keep these types of sales hush hush until it's done and dusted. If Curtis is smart (very questionable) he would have this deal done already and be working on the replacement for Jozy. Then announce one out and one in at the same time. They must still like good PR even though they don't seem like they care about what any of us think, say , or do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

It takes away any bit of leverage we might have in transferring him though. Everyone knows we're desperate to unload.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    It takes away any bit of leverage we might have in transferring him though. Everyone knows we're desperate to unload.
    What leverage did we have previously? An oft injured forward coming off a 2 goal season with an expiring contract. We'd be lucky to get anything and that anything could be easily wiped out by another lower body injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy just tweeted and his comments are full of Penarol supporters. That would be such a cool place for him to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    What leverage did we have previously? An oft injured forward coming off a 2 goal season with an expiring contract. We'd be lucky to get anything and that anything could be easily wiped out by another lower body injury.
    More than we have now. Put him in and let him fight for his transfer. Now we have zero.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    More than we have now. Put him in and let him fight for his transfer. Now we have zero.
    If Armas would have started Jozy this past week with the 3 matches then Jozy would be injured already. It's just as bad if you start him and have to sub him before he could get injured (approx 55 minutes) and anyone watching can see he's clearly gassed by about the 35 minute mark. Add to that playing in Armas' system and he would look awful on top.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess we will never know though, will we? Sort of like saying if Vanney had have started Jozy in the 2nd half against Seattle, we win.

But there is no dispute for Curtis and Armas that 1-2-7 isn't working. The injuries and no DPs are unacceptable. Not playing the youth was an objective, but not seen. This is self induced so do you let them continue or is it time. To be clear I want to play a more direct game but not at the cost of what we are going through. They have been left wanting and exposed.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 06-28-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy just tweeted and his comments are full of Penarol supporters. That would be such a cool place for him to go.
    The main sports paper in Uruguay has reported that Penarol enquired but were put off by the $$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    The main sports paper in Uruguay has reported that Penarol enquired but were put off by the $$$
    Brutal. Jozy is gonna have to be more realistic about his salary or he is gonna be stuck here training by himself for the next 18 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brutal. Jozy is gonna have to be more realistic about his salary or he is gonna be stuck here training by himself for the next 18 months.
    I dont think that is the issue.

Its more likely TFC want Penarol to pay a higher percentage of his current wage, however to no ones surprise teams do not want to cover what TFC is asking. I believe this is the only reason he was not moved in the off season, for whatever reason TFC does not want to eat his salary.

Jozy on the open market is not getting more than 500K.
    Last edited by Richard; 06-28-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's better too. He would be a distraction and he is, by the last couple years for reference, no better than Akinola at this point.

I bet if we moved him in MLS he would be far more productive than he has been here for a few years but he will also get injured for sure.
    Sorry, but thats just not true. Akinola is a long way off Jozy yet.

Whatever Jozy said was true. Thats why they have buried him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Armas would have started Jozy this past week with the 3 matches then Jozy would be injured already. It's just as bad if you start him and have to sub him before he could get injured (approx 55 minutes) and anyone watching can see he's clearly gassed by about the 35 minute mark. Add to that playing in Armas' system and he would look awful on top.
    Jozy was working very hard on the pitch, and wasn't "gassed at the 35 minute mark". i dont know why you hate him so much but what TFC has done to the only striker we have of any quality is a self inflicted wound.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 06-28-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I dont think that is the issue.

Its more likely TFC want Penarol to pay a higher percentage of his current wage, however to no ones surprise teams do not want to cover what TFC is asking. I believe this is the only reason he was not moved in the off season, for whatever reason TFC does not want to eat his salary.

Jozy on the open market is not getting more than 500K.
    TFC doesn't wanna eat his salary because they won't have an open DP spot if they do. If Jozy really wants to leave he is gonna have to accept a much lower salary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC doesn't wanna eat his salary because they won't have an open DP spot if they do. If Jozy really wants to leave he is gonna have to accept a much lower salary.

Still not sure Jozy really wants to leave if the salary is less then what he is getting. He MIGHT be still thinking there is a WC shot available if he gets minutes somewhere but that would be the only reason to take a paycut.