Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think getting this guy might help end Jozy's injury woes. If we're throwing Soteldo down the left and Laryea down the right with Pozuelo chipping balls down the middle all Jozy needs to do is go stand on the penalty spot and wait for his 50 goals to show up ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    I actually think getting this guy might help end Jozy's injury woes. If we're throwing Soteldo down the left and Laryea down the right with Pozuelo chipping balls down the middle all Jozy needs to do is go stand on the penalty spot and wait for his 50 goals to show up ...
    True but Armas wants everyone to press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    They looked pretty gassed as a team. Auro had a rough game as well and that impacted how Singh looked. I’d be hesitant to call out anyone but I think Singh is likely a year or two away as opposed to ready for prime time immediately.

My thought is we probably lose one (or several) of: Ayo, Osorio, Layrea, Delgado, or Mullins in the summer. Maybe even Jozy.
    Would expect loans for a few youth guys who are further down the pecking order as well.

I know we always accuse Curtis of being behind on timelines (which has often been fair) but in those case, to me, it feels like he’s making changes here to provide cover before other things happen.
    Laryea will have suitors, Ayo probably too. Osorio will always be in demand in MLS, though moving a guy that useful would be brutally cynical. Delgado's not going anywhere, too consistent to trade for the wage he's on.

We have an upcoming crisis at wingback if Laryea goes. Auro, Morrow and Griffin Dorsey? Yikes. We NEED a wingback. We already have no proper right-side backup, Auro has off games where he gets caught up field. Dorsey has shown nothing so far but enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we’re just doing what we can with Jozy given his condition and available cap space. When the opportunity presents itself, they will waive goodbye.

Having Soteldo / Pozuelo is a lot like a Rossi / Vela setup. You can field any number of people at striker and goals will come cause the service is there.

Assume a DP striker will follow but only once Altidore’s spot opens up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yes, but he ain't playing the #10 here. Nothing in what Poz says when interviewed indicates he is anything but dialed into this team.

I look at this as a long term move for attacking prowess that the team can build around once Jozy is gone in the next 18 months & once Poz is gone in 2024.

Edit: Just realised why the Wow.

He has Pele's # on Pele's team. That is a thing down there for sure.
    Haha amusing post, parts 1 and 2. Agreed, he is not an AM here while Poz is around.

This will be the first player TFC get where I would want to get the guy’s jersey from his former team, rather than TFC
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://translate.google.com/transla...ted-player.htm

We're offering Soteldo between $4M and $4.5M per season for a contract of 4-5 years. In comparison, Poz is on $3.8M.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

We're offering Soteldo between $4M and $4.5M per season for a contract of 4-5 years. In comparison, Poz is on $3.8M.
    If true, I think the fee may need to be higher than 6M. Just based on my general since of the ratio of a players new contract to the transfer fee, for a quality player under contract. It's usually a lot more than 1.5x the annual salary. The other guy Santos just sold, Verissimo, has a new annual contract of 1M euros and sold for 6.5M euros (but every situation is different).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems pretty much done. I knew the new transfer thread would be just the thing we needed to get the transfers moving.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

The discussion of MLS DP's in that article is....amusing. Pretty darn sure his source is wikipedia but there is a point to be made about current MLS DP's not being the old superstars they used to be.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-23-2021 at 12:25 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The important piece imo is that Soteldo specifically mentioned that clubs even in Europe are folding - MLS is stable and that's a prime reason why he's coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Laryea will have suitors, Ayo probably too. Osorio will always be in demand in MLS, though moving a guy that useful would be brutally cynical. Delgado's not going anywhere, too consistent to trade for the wage he's on.

We have an upcoming crisis at wingback if Laryea goes. Auro, Morrow and Griffin Dorsey? Yikes. We NEED a wingback. We already have no proper right-side backup, Auro has off games where he gets caught up field. Dorsey has shown nothing so far but enthusiasm.
    If Richie leaves we should bring in Juan Cordova and also try to get Gallagher back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yefe is 23 and has 3 kids? His workrate on and off the field sounds outstanding.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shout out to Michael Singh where I saw him repost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If true, I think the fee may need to be higher than 6M. Just based on my general since of the ratio of a players new contract to the transfer fee, for a quality player under contract. It's usually a lot more than 1.5x the annual salary. The other guy Santos just sold, Verissimo, has a new annual contract of 1M euros and sold for 6.5M euros (but every situation is different).
    Yes, but keep in mind that we're in MLS. So transfer fee isn't affected by us being an MLS team, but salary is. The team doesn't care who the $6 million is coming from, it's six million. The player does care about their salary given its MLS. So the salary bump above market value doesn't affect market value transfer fee. If his market value is $2 million salary, then a $6 million fee is triple his market value salary (the fact that we'd be paying extra salary doesn't affect that).

Also, Santos is in a major financial crunch, which gives us leverage. If they're truly in need of money and can't afford to retain him, they'll take it, if no one is offering anything similar, even if it's slightly under value.
    I think Toronto will counter in the middle with $7 and they'll take it.
    Last edited by rydermike; 04-23-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Yes, but keep in mind that we're in MLS. So transfer fee isn't affected by us being an MLS team, but salary is. The team doesn't care who the $6 million is coming from, it's six million. The player does care about their salary given its MLS. So the salary bump above market value doesn't affect market value transfer fee. If his market value is $2 million salary, then a $6 million fee is triple his market value salary (the fact that we'd be paying extra salary doesn't affect that).

Also, Santos is in a major financial crunch, which gives us leverage. If they're truly in need of money and can't afford to retain him, they'll take it, if no one is offering anything similar, even if it's slightly under value.
    I think Toronto will counter in the middle with $7 and they'll take it.
    He won't get bounced cheques from MLSE, that's for sure. I'm also sure that MLSE doesn't care how much a DP is earning, as long as the DP is performing to the level of a DP slot (looking at you, Jozy).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Yefe is 23 and has 3 kids? His workrate on and off the field sounds outstanding.
    LOL, outstanding work in this thread, by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game, set and match.

Yeferson plays for Toronto FC.

https://twitter.com/CLMerlo/status/1...010426368?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can hear vanney now...a pacey winger wtf,5 years to late

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is the type of player we've been needing since we sold giovinco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I hope it's true, I really hope it's true! Gonna love to see Soteldo playing for us!

Gonna buy a jersey with his name and number!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has a lot of Lorenzo Insigne in his game. Hope he rips it up here for the next decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now i pissed that we cant go to bmo,he is the kinda player i wanna see live

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIGHT AFTER I bought a Pozo kit too... oh well, I can buy the 2022 MLS Champ kit of Soteldo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

report-santos-agree-to-sell-yeferson-soteldo-to-toronto-fc

https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/4/...-to-toronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By all accounts this seems like a great get, and fills a need in the team too. Solid stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right ... get him out of Brazil ASAP and into quarantine somewhere and while we're at it pump a vaccine into him so he can get into a game ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    Right ... get him out of Brazil ASAP and into quarantine somewhere and while we're at it pump a vaccine into him so he can get into a game ...
    I don't think he can play for us until the July transfer window. But I think he can play for us in the CCL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    I don't think he can play for us until the July transfer window. But I think he can play for us in the CCL.
    He's in our transfer window - ends May 2nd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    now i pissed that we cant go to bmo,he is the kinda player i wanna see live
    Don;t worry TFC will most likely be playing in BMO with crowds in July

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very solid DP acquisition. It will likely take him some time to get acclimated to MLS, but he should be able to make an immediate impact in the CCL.