Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with everybody. This one will get done.

All hail El Yefe.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-22-2021 at 09:10 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have wondered before if Pozo is leaving... when I see Yefe's YouTube reel I see a lot of overlap .... they say he's a winger but he sure looks like a 10 in some of those videos
    Here's a heatmap of his positioning. He plays almost exclusively down the left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Flights from São Paulo, Brazil (all airports) to Orlando, USA (all airports) 8 Hours & 35 Minutes Direct. Cue Noxx.
    Santos plays tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if he makes the 18 or they hold him out. He played Tuesday night - I wonder if that was a trial or demonstration to TFC that he's healthy and effective.

EDIT: Looks like no direct flights in the next week from Sao Paulo to Orlando. Direct flights to either Miami or Ft Lauderdale however.
    Last edited by noxx98; 04-22-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with everybody. This one will get done.

All hail El Yefe.

A frontline of
    -------------Mullinho---------------
    ------Yefe------------Pozuelo.

Chills, I tells ya. I got chills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i get nauseous thinking of mullinho in that front 3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Here's a heatmap of his positioning. He plays almost exclusively down the left.

I stand corrected.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know nothing other than what I’m reading now but based on highlights he would definitely give us that extra edge on the left side. What is interesting to me is that he’s looking like a pure winger compared to Borre so that leaves Jozy as our go to striker with akinola/mullinho and perruzza. Makes me think that there isn’t a desire or plan to move Jozy this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the exact type of signing we've been trying to get for nearly 2 years now. Let's hope this time it's for real!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sign him up Ali!
    https://youtu.be/k8qllauI0To

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

giovinco vibes in his playing style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo isn't a striker but Pozuelo and Soteldo would be 2 great DP's...

My take is this... Having an elite winger works if you have two of them i.e Diego Rossi + Carlos Vela... but LAFC with only Rossi wouldn't go very far.

We already know Altidore will be injured 50 % of the year and his terrible attitude will cost this team from winning, dude is an anchor. We need his DP spot badly.

If we're only getting 1 player, the clear and most obvious need is a guy that can score 20 goals

It's a good first move but move out Altidore and sign a new striker or goal scoring right winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would be amazing and franchise altering. This came out a day ago.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/21/arsen...ates-14449561/

Fire off Altidore into the sun (pay a team to take him if you have too) and bring in Soteldo and Willian.

Soteldo----Dwyer/Akinola------Willian
    ----------------- Pozuelo
    -------- Osorio--------Delgado
    Auro---Mavinga-Gonzo-Laryea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post

Fire off Altidore into the sun (pay a team to take him if you have too) and bring in Soteldo and Willian.

and just to add, if you can't bring in 2 elite DP wingers I'm good with a lower tiered DP winger at the Hoilett or Gressel skill level (with Soteldo) if that's the best they can do... It would still be much better then having mostly injured Altidore (who scores less then Akinola) despite being 40 x more expensive... Gotta find a way to get of that contract. Having that top quality winger is essential.

Winger------------------------------Striker -------------------------------------- Winger

Soteldo------------------ Dwyer/Akinola/Perruzza------------------Hoilett/Gressel/Willian etc

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo seems great from the descriptions and videos.

Only thing from the videos: sometimes he keeps dribbling when he needs to pass. And sometimes his passes aren't great because he maneuvered into a bad spot first. Maybe that was just the selection of clips selected for the videos. Hopefully that wouldn't become a problem with TFC. Also he might get frustrated if he keeps getting hacked in MLS w/o always getting the calls.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post

First thing, think longer term (love Willian but he is too old for a Jozy DP replacement). Add Soteldo, get a back up strike force and a defender and this is a very good team with Jozy. If Soteldo can be a legitimate worry for opponents, it will open up so many new opportunities for everyone, Poz and Jozy & Company. Manage Jozy's time and body (don't let him play more than 65 minutes and no mid-week games) and I guarantee we are a top 5, maybe top 3 team. Get one more year under the kids and then go for the striker in 2022, hopefully when we are fully operating again and this is a great team. effn' team, effn' works.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 04-23-2021 at 05:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to add that Manning has been remarkably present and candid about the direction of the team lately. He's not out there leaking names but everything he's talked generally about has materialized. If this transfer happens I would expect they will add a defender since he referenced creating cap space (prior to trading the int'l roster spot) to bolster the defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Bill & Ali, sign this Soteldo guy right now!

Here is the short term scientific-mathematical analysis why this guy needs to be signed:

With him on the field TFC will destroy any footy team which calls "home" the land mass between the Mexico-US border - North Pole and Atlantic Ocean - Pacific Ocean 50% of all times when a match is played.... that is until Jozy still is at TFC.

Unfortunately just 50%, because no more than 50% of all matches the trio of Pozuelo, Soteldo and Jozy will be available to play, and guilty in that for at least 80% of occurences will be of course Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santos plays tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if he makes the 18 or they hold him out. He played Tuesday night - I wonder if that was a trial or demonstration to TFC that he's healthy and effective.

EDIT: Looks like no direct flights in the next week from Sao Paulo to Orlando. Direct flights to either Miami or Ft Lauderdale however.
    Forget direct flights. Call it the Gulfstream!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know they spoke of adding a defender but I'm a bit perplexed as to how they're gonna make that happen. Since saying that initially they've added Luke Singh (safe to say unplanned/solely based of perf. v Leon?) which has occupied a valuable roster spot, and teased Dom Dwyer. All we know is that Achara and Dunn temporarily don't count towards the 30, but assuming Soteldo lands that means we have 32 players on the roster and a full active 30?

It's unclear if loaning players clears up roster spots, and besides that the USL season opens this weekend so not sure if that'll increase the difficulty of finding a club. I suppose there's CPL, but truth be told the kids need games and the USL is able to offer a more lengthy schedule.

I kind of thought that Singh was going to be the defender they wanted to add, but the impact game was sure sobering. How badly is occupying that roster spot going to cost us?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think somebody on this roster gets traded during this transfer season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds like it's in the bag. If we're to trust Google translate:

"The club is going through a very critical economic situation. The offer that came from Toronto FC is very good for the club, it will help to resolve debts and will also guarantee my future and that of my family. I have three children. The world and football have changed because of the pandemic. While in many parts of the world, including Europe, dozens of clubs are failing, an MLS offer has come that I cannot refuse."

"I'm excited to play for Toronto FC. They count on me to fight for everything and be one of the players in the franchise. Canada is a beautiful country, and the MLS has grown impressively. I am sure that very soon it will be one of the most powerful leagues in the world. And I want to be part of that story."

https://globoesporte.globo.com/sp/sa...ao-venda.ghtml

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I still think somebody on this roster gets traded during this transfer season.
    I think more than one significant player is leaving, but have no idea who. I believe Armas when he says the kids will get real minutes. It's just math.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post

"The club is going through a very critical economic situation. The offer that came from Toronto FC is very good for the club, it will help to resolve debts and will also guarantee my future and that of my family. I have three children. The world and football have changed because of the pandemic. While in many parts of the world, including Europe, dozens of clubs are failing, an MLS offer has come that I cannot refuse."

"I'm excited to play for Toronto FC. They count on me to fight for everything and be one of the players in the franchise. Canada is a beautiful country, and the MLS has grown impressively. I am sure that very soon it will be one of the most powerful leagues in the world. And I want to be part of that story."

I missed this until I read this... he wears the 10 at Santos.

OMG .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post

Talk about starting on the front foot, someone who is either very sincere and genuine or has very good PR skills... or a bit of both. Easy path to becoming a fan favorite, if he delivers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I kind of thought that Singh was going to be the defender they wanted to add, but the impact game was sure sobering. How badly is occupying that roster spot going to cost us?
    I'm surprised at how much stick Singh is getting for the Montreal game, when he was left so exposed, I don't think he did that bad. Stick Morrow at LB to help him out, (Or any left back for that matter) and I think he could be useful. He's definitely not a starter of course, but cover some useful minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They looked pretty gassed as a team. Auro had a rough game as well and that impacted how Singh looked. I’d be hesitant to call out anyone but I think Singh is likely a year or two away as opposed to ready for prime time immediately.

My thought is we probably lose one (or several) of: Ayo, Osorio, Layrea, Delgado, or Mullins in the summer. Maybe even Jozy.
    Would expect loans for a few youth guys who are further down the pecking order as well.

I know we always accuse Curtis of being behind on timelines (which has often been fair) but in those case, to me, it feels like he’s making changes here to provide cover before other things happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Globo article states he won't be in the lineup tonight as he played Tuesday. They play again on Sunday. Hopefully he doesn't end up playing because he's in Orlando by then.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed this until I read this... he wears the 10 at Santos.

OMG .

Yes, but he ain't playing the #10 here. Nothing in what Poz says when interviewed indicates he is anything but dialed into this team.

I look at this as a long term move for attacking prowess that the team can build around once Jozy is gone in the next 18 months & once Poz is gone in 2024.

Edit: Just realised why the Wow.

He has Pele's # on Pele's team. That is a thing down there for sure.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-23-2021 at 10:17 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's get this done!