Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2112
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i dont get that at all,he was done 2 years ago.jozy.ayo mullinho,perruzza new dp coming in,why?
    Only thing I can think of is that either Jozy or Ayo (or both) will be going soon. Curtis did say getting veteran forward depth before a summer DP. Also probably loan out Peruzza again I bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

makes no sense,,,unless jozy or ayo are on the way out,totally against what manning said last week,about bringing in MLS vets to take away playing time from the kids,and he was making alot of money.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Dwyer would be taking minutes away from Mullinho. Hard pass.

PS - that is some excellent work cross referencing Dom Dwyer's Instagram page and that screen shot.
    They do not even have a roster spot open right now until they loan out a player or designated someone to TFC II for the season. Rocco has been on loan for over a year now to HB Kobe in Denmark, so you could open up his spot. Wonder how his future is viewed by the club?

Yep the hair and ink match up, have to give the credit for matching it up to a fellow member , but yeah it's some good sleuthing.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just another body to train with which is needed at this point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    makes no sense,,,unless jozy or ayo are on the way out,totally against what manning said last week,about bringing in MLS vets to take away playing time from the kids,and he was making alot of money.
    Manning said not bringing in the 3 young DPs as they would take away youth opportunities. Nothing about MLS vets.

Also since Jozy is Jozy and will miss a minimum of 50% of our matches through injury, having a back up veteran forward isn't a bad idea but I really hate Dwyer a lot. However he does fit with our new annoying CONCACAF-ish style.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 04-15-2021 at 11:45 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think once the plans for the 2021 CPL season are announced, you could see loans for some of the younger players to get them regular minutes.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson could really use a loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don’t know how Okello and Priso both get real minutes when all of Bradley, Pozuelo, Delgado, Osorio, Deleon are available.

I think two of the veteran guys have to move on. I suspect the answer is to which two it might be will shock us.

We have some similar math problems at forward btw.
    I absolutely hate to say it because I’m such a fan, but when I look at that group Oso is the one that needs to go. He’s on a lot of money, could bring back value in a trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want Dwyer because even with Jozy and Ayo injury-prone we have 4 generally high-quality and highly-paid center forwards, a handful of other guys who can play there in a two-forward system, and have been chasing a DP striker all off-season. Even if Dwyer does admittedly fit a pressing style (though how much does he still have in the tank) there are so many other holes in the roster that need filling.

I also don't want Dwyer because I fucking hate Dwyer

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwyer is recovering from knee surgery - pure spec would be he is training with the team in Florida with the hope that if it works out he could join later in the season. But, he's nowhere near what he used to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I absolutely hate to say it because I’m such a fan, but when I look at that group Oso is the one that needs to go. He’s on a lot of money, could bring back value in a trade.
    I bet Vancouver would give up a lot to get him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would hate to trade oso to another mls team,i rather move him to another league,maybe the off season like no other is about to start,lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    I don't want Dwyer because even with Jozy and Ayo injury-prone we have 4 generally high-quality and highly-paid center forwards, a handful of other guys who can play there in a two-forward system, and have been chasing a DP striker all off-season. Even if Dwyer does admittedly fit a pressing style (though how much does he still have in the tank) there are so many other holes in the roster that need filling.

I also don't want Dwyer because I fucking hate Dwyer
    Exactly this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict it's Pozo that goes. But I am not trying to stir the pot here.

I think the pandemic is incredibly hard on foreign guys with families.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Dwyer is recovering from knee surgery - pure spec would be he is training with the team in Florida with the hope that if it works out he could join later in the season. But, he's nowhere near what he used to be.
    Has it been injuries that hampered him or has he just simply lost a step, maybe if gets healthy he could find his former self and provide something?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a fantastic result but just hope that it doesn't take any emphasis from the TFC FO's efforts to make us better still.....just saying. Don't want them to pump the brakes on trying to get bigger deals done thinking we can rely on academy products for a full MLS season plus CCL, Canadian Championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know how Okello and Priso both get real minutes when all of Bradley, Pozuelo, Delgado, Osorio, Deleon are available.

I think two of the veteran guys have to move on. I suspect the answer is to which two it might be will shock us.

We have some similar math problems at forward btw.
    Well Okello and Priso both look to be higher than DeLeon on the depth chart now. We could always see Okello and Priso being a tandem. Okello has been getting the earlier hook for a sub, perhaps they become half-time subs for each other. I haven't really looked at the schedule to see how packed the games are, but if it's like last year, those guys would also help for squad rotation so out guys don't become corpses on the pitch like the end of last season. Those 6 (Poz, Oso, MB, Marky, Priso, and Okello) could be an excellent six man rotation, with guys like Shaff and Gallardo for formation adjustments.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we really played these last two games is a modified 4-1-3-2 that morphed into a 4-1-4-1 with the lead. Okello was really playing an recessed forward role.

So, Poz in for Okello & Oso in for Priso with Delgado switching back to the destroyer role - I don't think there is even a thought about this to be honest.

Priso & Okello are projects & will get their minutes.

To me, DeLeon is a Shaff later game replacement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Only thing I can think of is that either Jozy or Ayo (or both) will be going soon. Curtis did say getting veteran forward depth before a summer DP. Also probably loan out Peruzza again I bet.
    We should know in two weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if they'll use young money to re-sign Ayo.

We run into a similar issue that the TAM money gave us with Beita v VDW. If you're tight against the cap and only have discretionary money, do you re-up the guy you already have past his market value? Ayo isn't a 500k+ player but def 300k+, but we prob don't have cap space to make a 300k contract happen. We have enough to give him 500k.
    Last edited by portu; 04-15-2021 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Well Okello and Priso both look to be higher than DeLeon on the depth chart now. We could always see Okello and Priso being a tandem. Okello has been getting the earlier hook for a sub, perhaps they become half-time subs for each other. I haven't really looked at the schedule to see how packed the games are, but if it's like last year, those guys would also help for squad rotation so out guys don't become corpses on the pitch like the end of last season. Those 6 (Poz, Oso, MB, Marky, Priso, and Okello) could be an excellent six man rotation, with guys like Shaff and Gallardo for formation adjustments.
    We should get comfortable with a bit of rotation, especially in the mid field and with 5 subs.

Priso is a little more tricky to fit for extra minutes because you have a lot of guys who can fit in that defensive to box-to-box description. I think Okello plays a bigger role because beyond Poz there are only a few guys who can threaten goal and provide the final pass. With his potential upside it’s sort of hard not to play him. And I’m not saying Okello necessarily reaches his ceiling but if he does .... Look out

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be curious if the Reds are already thinking about a few loans to CPL once they know what the plans are for the 2021 season? Guess it will come down to who they view as rosters spots 26-30, maybe a few more. Also TFC II is playing their first 3 home games in Arizona, so a few first teasers I would expect to end up their too. Kind of surprised they are not in Florida also will many facilities available to choose from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I predict it's Pozo that goes. But I am not trying to stir the pot here.

I think the pandemic is incredibly hard on foreign guys with families.

I'm sure his wife and kids have been living in toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    I'm sure his wife and kids have been living in toronto
    His wife and kids are back in Spain right now. She's pregnant and I think is due in a few months. I'm assuming she's stayed there for additional support from family/friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if they'll use young money to re-sign Ayo.

We run into a similar issue that the TAM money gave us with Beita v VDW. If you're tight against the cap and only have discretionary money, do you re-up the guy you already have past his market value? Ayo isn't a 500k+ player but def 300k+, but we prob don't have cap space to make a 300k contract happen. We have enough to give him 500k.
    Lol Ayo will easily get a contract worth 500 plus k for next season. He's a free agent and linked to Turkey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Lol Ayo will easily get a contract worth 500 plus k for next season. He's a free agent and linked to Turkey.
    Strikers are never cheap, especially young ones with potential. But I think it’s fair to ask where he’s at right now.

Half his goal tally for last year was in MLS is back. Can he score consistently throughout a full season? Guess we’ll find out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's Nelson? Just surprised he hasn't featured. Personally I rate him and think he's got a higher ceiling than either of Shaffelburg or Dorsey. Just surprised he hasn't made the game day squad so far ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    Where's Nelson? Just surprised he hasn't featured. Personally I rate him and think he's got a higher ceiling than either of Shaffelburg or Dorsey. Just surprised he hasn't made the game day squad so far ...
    Maybe a higher ceiling but currently he isn't as good as Schaff. Dorsey I don't think is MLS level so I agree Nelson is better than him but Nelson was also all over the place last year. He still might not have the discipline to keep formation yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Strikers are never cheap, especially young ones with potential. But I think it’s fair to ask where he’s at right now.

Half his goal tally for last year was in MLS is back. Can he score consistently throughout a full season? Guess we’ll find out.
    I just they would say what the hell is going on with him. They haven't even confirmed that he's actually injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Maybe a higher ceiling but currently he isn't as good as Schaff. Dorsey I don't think is MLS level so I agree Nelson is better than him but Nelson was also all over the place last year. He still might not have the discipline to keep formation yet.
    Well I think Shaffleburg is certainly more practical but he’s not as talented as Nelson.

That said, my fear is, that maybe every youth coach Nelson ever had told him he was the second coming and stuffed him in a free role without any concept of positioning. Now we have to see if we can chisel that down to what could be a great player or just end up with Mo Babouli part 2.