Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Convey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bobby Convey

Didn't realize Convey was such a happy character but my 11 year old son was asking Convey for his jersey after the game tonight. He looked up at him and said, " Go to the "effin" club shop". I was quite surprised that a pro would respond to a child this way. I know they get harassed but no comment is much better than what he said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That pisses me off because seriously, if you want to be an athlete certain things come with the territory, and one of them is getting 'harassed' by kids.

A friend who has served in the military once said 'I hate being thanked, it makes me really uncomfortable' and my answer was the same 'Suck it up buttercup, that comes with the job'

If you want to be a pro athlete, you have to take the good with the bad, don't like waking up early to travel? Don't like practicing in the blazing sun? Don't like people asking you for autographs etc? Go be an accountant.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds full of himself haha not worth his salary and did shit all today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My kids have asked for jerseys in the past and all the players have been great before games and after. This was kind of surprising but you are right he didn't do too much today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is absolutely shocking, I have never seen a TFC player this "cocky", he's no use on the field anyway, he's probably still getting his starting spot because of KP, if he could not take the pressure like a pro, then GTFO, no class, no respect!!!!!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thing to do is keep walking, not shoot off a comment like that. TFC are not at that level where they can blow anyone off or say that type of thing.

Disappointing to say the least.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:/ fucking wow that's pretty fucked up, only defense I could imagine is maybe he thought it was a drunk guy heckling him combined with the bullshit call could of been frustration. Still he knows the kids are there, no excuse to be a fucking tosser

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw at least three TFC players give away their jerseys on Friday night, to people in the crowd which i assume they were kids. A comment like that does surprise me but hey one moment most likely does reflect on who the player truly is but you never know. I have to say over the years those who have worn the TFC badge have been quite friendly and approachable for the most part. Some have had personalities that have been a little different and the language factor comes into play.

I personally have been collecting signed pictures of every player who has ever suited up for the Reds, that being all 162 of them as of right now, how crazy that may sound. I currently have 154 of 162. Also have the GMs, Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches. During this process many of our Reds have liked the pics I have and on many occasions asked for copies which I was more than happy to provide. Now at the end of the season, a few of these players went as far to give me one of their jerseys to say thanks, which I cherish very much. I would hope that this was a one off situation for Bobby and all can just move on.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it is no excuse, but, you ever had a bad day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I saw at least three TFC players give away their jerseys on Friday night, to people in the crowd which i assume they were kids. A comment like that does surprise me but hey one moment most likely does reflect on who the player truly is but you never know. I have to say over the years those who have worn the TFC badge have been quite friendly and approachable for the most part. Some have had personalities that have been a little different and the language factor comes into play.

I personally have been collecting signed pictures of every player who has ever suited up for the Reds, that being all 162 of them as of right now, how crazy that may sound. I currently have 154 of 162. Also have the GMs, Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches. During this process many of our Reds have liked the pics I have and on many occasions asked for copies which I was more than happy to provide. Now at the end of the season, a few of these players went as far to give me one of their jerseys to say thanks, which I cherish very much. I would hope that this was a one off situation for Bobby and all can just move on.
    Which one's are you missing ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I know it is no excuse, but, you ever had a bad day
    This ^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Thing to do is keep walking, not shoot off a comment like that. TFC are not at that level where they can blow anyone off or say that type of thing.

Disappointing to say the least.
    He's had a reputation as a dick for quite a while, allegedly being a locker room cancer in both San Jose and KC.

Maybe he's a little bipolar or something. Plus, if a guy's generally unhappy from depression or social inhibition, it sometimes manifests itself as rudeness.

Totally uncalled for, though. If I was the club and heard about that, I'd be asking him about it, gauging a reaction and keeping an eye. There really shouldn't be a "players that good get to say what they want" rule, but there is ... for players that good, not Bobby Convey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give the guy a break. He may have already promised the jersey to the president of his fan club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inexcusable behavior. If he said that to my son I would have torn him a new one on the spot. I think you should report the incident to TFC head office.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post

Did you get a photo of colin Samuels tearing his shorts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! I saw the young kids there, they must of been 5-7 years old (3 boys and a girl, very innocent). Left before the players came through the tunnel so I didn't hear if anything was said, but if something was said then it's COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE! It would be most inappropriate to say that to any fan let alone a fan who doesn't even know what a gift shop is! Just lost all respect for Conway. I hope he finds a way to redeem, himself otherwise I say show him the door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a professional...professional d-bag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even a D-Bag like Brett Lawrie or J.P Arenibia wouldn't do that. I guess when no one cares to watch the team its acceptable. Could you imagine the outcry if one of the Jays did this haha. Anyways doesn't he have some form of medical condition? I heard about this but not sure what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checked twitter and somebody had tweeted me

"a friend of mine was there and text me about it last night. #classless. I found this while looking to tweet convey myself"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds bad, but not sure if this site should be allowed to air personal issues, there is no accountability.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    sounds bad, but not sure if this site should be allowed to air personal issues, there is no accountability.
    Bobby Convey acting like a d-bag isn't a personal issue... Me having a hard time getting used to the fact that I haven't seen Nelsen's sweater vest in a while is personal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If RN is looking for 6 players, there's a good chance Convey is going away, or finding less time.
    So I look at it as chicken and the egg.

Was he a d-bag first? Has the moving given him something of a reputation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convey can suck it......
    You dont bite the hand that feeds you.

D-Bag

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What a prick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His attitude is as shitty as his play

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    What a prick.
    for 8 years I've been reading these forums. Soccer moms and their kids have always been made fun of and generally not welcome @ BMO by the scarf poser set. It's amusing to me, that now, they are to be protected. Bobby's behaviour would have 36 months ago, lauded by the RPB. How things have changed. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CFL View Post
    for 8 years I've been reading these forums. Soccer moms and their kids have always been made fun of and generally not welcome @ BMO by the scarf poser set. It's amusing to me, that now, they are to be protected. Bobby's behaviour would have 36 months ago, lauded by the RPB. How things have changed. lol
    That's an absolutely embarrassing post.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread really serves no purpose now and is getting carried away. If true we can all agree he's being an ass. If we know the kids name send it to Phil or someone with contacts and lets get the kid an apology and a kit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My troll senses are tingling

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CFL View Post
    Okay Gino...no wait ummmm, Ralph right? NO? how about JoeyB or Toronto?

How many times do you have to come around here before you get the message we don't want you here. Please go troll another board, thanks.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil