Page 188 of 191 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191 LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    However, surely you jest? Are you seriously comparing or equating the Criscito development with Chung's?.
    He didn't say anything about comparing them, he just said we should get a confirm soon if he's signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    https://www.tsn.ca/european-clubs-tr...utty-1.1763085

I still don't really get the attention with Marshal-Rutty... $20 million?!? Are we seriously expecting to get $20 million for him?

I hope he's ready to blow me away with his play this weekend because that is bonkers.
    lol you are going judge a 17 yr old kid playing a new postion with a new roster and new coach on his worth in a game this weekend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.tsn.ca/european-clubs-tr...utty-1.1763085

I still don't really get the attention with Marshal-Rutty... $20 million?!? Are we seriously expecting to get $20 million for him?

I hope he's ready to blow me away with his play this weekend because that is bonkers.
    Yeah, I think that price is absolutely insane. He’s young and shows signs of promise but that price tag is nonsensical.

I also believe he’s got a single year left on his deal. So if we don’t sell this summer, we could end up being skunked other than getting solidarity payments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, I think that price is absolutely insane. He’s young and shows signs of promise but that price tag is nonsensical.

I also believe he’s got a single year left on his deal. So if we don’t sell this summer, we could end up being skunked other than getting solidarity payments.
    i think he signed a 6 yr deal in 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Under FIFA regs, the maximum enforceable length of a contract is five years.

Anyone else sort of worried Richie Laryea has made a mistake on which club to go to? Didn't even make the bench last night and now Forest is eyeing a 22-year-old right back at Burton Albion.

Maybe we could get him loaned back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He didn't say anything about comparing them, he just said we should get a confirm soon if he's signing.
    Understood. As always, thanks jloome for the assist and clarification; appreciated.
    Regardless, no desire to be confrontational, apologies all around and especially to Red CB Toronto for the misunderstanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I stand corrected.

Still don’t understand how they justify that price tag though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol you are going judge a 17 yr old kid playing a new postion with a new roster and new coach on his worth in a game this weekend
    Not really how I meant it. I just don't get the hype, to me the kid is an unknown. He has 4 professional starts and hasn't cracked 500 minutes in his career. I just don't get how a value like that is even being tossed around.

Wolfsburg submitted an offer to us for Okello when he was 17. I see Marshall-Rutty at basically the same stage of his career as Okello was then. Highly-rated prospects with value that is almost entirely speculative because they've barely played and therefore have not shown anything at the top level. And that's fine. But like, what do we think that offer was for Okello? $1 million? My guess would be somewhere around there.

I know it's been a few years and values rise but Davies was 15 years old when he was routinely the best player on the pitch in MLS and he was sold for $22 million. How Marshall-Rutty is already in that neighbourhood is beyond me... needless to say I will not complain if that is in fact the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR can't even move to another country yet, so what's the harm in asking for the moon here. If he has a great season, TFC can raise the price even more. If he struggles, we can negotiate down to a more reasonable number (i.e., $5-$10m) based just on his potential.

Here's the article where Kloke confirms it's a six year deal.
    https://theathletic.com/2530082/2021...ty-toronto-fc/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really how I meant it. I just don't get the hype, to me the kid is an unknown. He has 4 professional starts and hasn't cracked 500 minutes in his career. I just don't get how a value like that is even being tossed around.

Wolfsburg submitted an offer to us for Okello when he was 17. I see Marshall-Rutty at basically the same stage of his career as Okello was then. Highly-rated prospects with value that is almost entirely speculative because they've barely played and therefore have not shown anything at the top level. And that's fine. But like, what do we think that offer was for Okello? $1 million? My guess would be somewhere around there.

I know it's been a few years and values rise but Davies was 15 years old when he was routinely the best player on the pitch in MLS and he was sold for $22 million. How Marshall-Rutty is already in that neighbourhood is beyond me... needless to say I will not complain if that is in fact the case.
    bc of the success of Davies and other, MLS prices have gone up significantly since then.

JMR is thought of by many in europe (as well as domestically, clearly) as the youngster with the highest upside in north america, and bob is apparently incredibly high on him.

i'm happy they are playing hardball here, no need to sell our crown jewels for peanuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i really doubt he is in that range,probs agent talk,but who knows they do spend like drunken sailors in the epl,maybe he really did impress on his trials,and the CNMT is like a flavor of the month these days,i think if he plays well he may be in the 8 to 10 range.one way or another i think he is gone in july

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows what was offered. Could of just been a cheeky 5 million dollar offer. I expect he'll end up sold for 12-15 million provided he plays well this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i really doubt he is in that range,probs agent talk,but who knows they do spend like drunken sailors in the epl,maybe he really did impress on his trials,and the CNMT is like a flavor of the month these days,i think if he plays well he may be in the 8 to 10 range.one way or another i think he is gone in july
    I don't think he'll be gone in July. He will probably sign a deal like Clarke did and be loaned back for the remainder of 2022.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we had this debate a few months ago. TFC would be lucky to get any money because of his age and non enforceability of the contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    JMR can't even move to another country yet, so what's the harm in asking for the moon here. If he has a great season, TFC can raise the price even more. If he struggles, we can negotiate down to a more reasonable number (i.e., $5-$10m) based just on his potential.

I mean, I think what most of us are saying is this potential is largely unrealized so far.

To use a recent example, Ricardo Peppi went for 20 million and that was as a striker with a clearly exceptional performance to backup the price. We are selling a blank slate of a player who will be spending some time at fullback.

All seems very wishful. And I’m not doubting the kid could be good one day just feel like he’s got to demonstrate it if he’s going to fetch that price from Europe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    and bob is apparently incredibly high on him.
    I feel like the stuff I’m selling is worth a ton of money too. Let me tell you…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’s been hyped as the best North American prospect for his age group for a long time. he made the best player under 21 in English publication that I can’t remember the name of right now

If he was European or South American no one would bat their eyes at that number. I hope he lives up to the potential as then he won’t be here long, but it would be great leading into the 2026 World Cup

but no offence to anyone on this board, but I’m more confident in tfc’s evaluation then anyone here who has watched him a handful of times at best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Yeah... I don't believe him.

This is from FIFA'S contract regulations, so either Kloke has it wrong or the club is flouting the regulations to an insane degree.

"The minimum length of a contract shall be from its effective date until the end of the season, while the maximum length of a contract shall be five years. Contracts of any other length shall only be permitted if consistent with national laws. Players under the age of 18 may not sign a professional contract for a term longer than three years. Any clause referring to a longer period shall not be recognised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    He’s been hyped as the best North American prospect for his age group for a long time. he made the best player under 21 in English publication that I can’t remember the name of right now

If he was European or South American no one would bat their eyes at that number. I hope he lives up to the potential as then he won’t be here long, but it would be great leading into the 2026 World Cup

but no offence to anyone on this board, but I’m more confident in tfc’s evaluation then anyone here who has watched him a handful of times at best
    It was in the Guardian. I think for a lot of us that was a bit of a "he's what?!" moment since we've barely seen him play for TFC. It was a bit hard to see where it was coming from. At least with Davies and Pepi there was enough MLS play to know they were quality (although Pepi's fee is pure money laundering I think).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah... I don't believe him.

This is from FIFA'S contract regulations, so either Kloke has it wrong or the club is flouting the regulations to an insane degree.

"The minimum length of a contract shall be from its effective date until the end of the season, while the maximum length of a contract shall be five years. Contracts of any other length shall only be permitted if consistent with national laws. Players under the age of 18 may not sign a professional contract for a term longer than three years. Any clause referring to a longer period shall not be recognised.
    IIRC, apart from FIFA, The FA may be a stickler about this contract regulation as well.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-23-2022 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be a 3+3 contract or something and we're just hoping that any buying club would just pay up a bit extra to avoid taking it to arbitration or challenging it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR isn't out there making the Guardian's list of top young footballers by accident. Yes he needs to play but the scouting on him doesn't rely on games in MLS. Liverpool and Arsenal aren't bringing him in for trials on accident. The $20M valuation is what it would take for TFC to sell him without playing him. That will go down no doubt, but I don't think Phonsie to Bayern isn't an accurate baseline anymore. These things tend to keep climbing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    JMR isn't out there making the Guardian's list of top young footballers by accident. Yes he needs to play but the scouting on him doesn't rely on games in MLS. Liverpool and Arsenal aren't bringing him in for trials on accident. The $20M valuation is what it would take for TFC to sell him without playing him. That will go down no doubt, but I don't think Phonsie to Bayern isn't an accurate baseline anymore. These things tend to keep climbing.
    Absolutely. Can't wait to see more of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR transfer value is absolutely starting at a 20m ask. The tools are there, he plays the right positions, he’s the right age, media are engaged, the giant clubs are watching are all signs of a 20m ask.

The Davies comparison are not accurate either because if you had hindsight Davies would have commanded 50m +.

Think about it; if a giant club can transform a mid into the best XI LB within two years they’re going to pay that type of money every time they see the potential. I’m not suggesting JMR will pan out like Davies I’m saying that this is what makes giant clubs who they are as the identify talent and make them stars. Some pan out and some don’t but if you don’t pay up when you see potential, someone else will and they’ll reap the rewards just like Bayern did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    JMR transfer value is absolutely starting at a 20m ask. The tools are there, he plays the right positions, he’s the right age, media are engaged, the giant clubs are watching are all signs of a 20m ask.

The Davies comparison are not accurate either because if you had hindsight Davies would have commanded 50m +.

Think about it; if a giant club can transform a mid into the best XI LB within two years they’re going to pay that type of money every time they see the potential. I’m not suggesting JMR will pan out like Davies I’m saying that this is what makes giant clubs who they are as the identify talent and make them stars. Some pan out and some don’t but if you don’t pay up when you see potential, someone else will and they’ll reap the rewards just like Bayern did.
    Yeah, agreed. He can allegedly deliver a ball on a dime in traffic, and we saw his recovery speed last year when he tracked back two-thirds of the field to make a tackle. They're paying for what they can turn him into, not the raw teenager we have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Salcedo and now Cristico, I’m really liking the increased leadership we are bringing in. These guys have great experience which will only benefit the back line.

We were so porous last year that we may as well have played with one man back and everyone else forward. I think we will struggle again this year but I can’t see us giving up 66 goals again. Success to me is pushing for a playoff spot, but I see us fighting it out amongst the middle of the pack.

Listening into Chungs interview with KJ, I’m just thrilled that we have a manager that is here with such a focus on developing our youth. We may not win any titles with Bob but I do have faith that he’s going to really help some of these kids flourish.

It’s also clear that TFC will make an additional splash at forward in the summer. When we add guys like Insigne and (insert striker) to a motivated Pozuelo, and some really interesting young pieces like Shaff, JMR and Priso, I’m quite excited to watch this team progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s say in theory our target for a new striker this summer is either Belotti or Destro.

No doubt both are great players. As a matter of discussion, do we think for the money we’d pay these are the best options?

I think they may well be when you consider fit with the team but it’s worth the debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One factor for JMR - getting a work permit in the UK isn’t automatic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Let’s say in theory our target for a new striker this summer is either Belotti or Destro.

No doubt both are great players. As a matter of discussion, do we think for the money we’d pay these are the best options?

I think they may well be when you consider fit with the team but it’s worth the debate.
    If we're looking just at free agents this year, Belotti is clearly top 5. Transfermarkt has him as the 4th highest valued free agent forward. Sometimes you just take the best player available and figure it out later.
    That said, maybe a top right winger would be ideal. We can then run Jimenez/Ayo down the middle, and let wingers put it on a platter for them.