Page 109 of 191 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Feels like any time you hear about a new Canadian pro they're either from Brampton or played with Sigma....or both

"Spent time training with FC Forge" is the true trifecta of Sigmaness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats next?? lol, seems like were getting closer to the start of a new season and can try to erase the past year from memory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next news is Kobe Franklin signing a homegrown tomorrow

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldn't be shocked to see oso leaving in the next week .

would hate to see it but the way he spoke at the end of season press conference made it seem like something was already in the works, similar to richie.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/mediotiempo/stat...98171409436677

Toronto FC has started talks with Tigres for Carlos Salcedo

- mediotiempo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with Salcedo he would be brought in if true probably as DP as his current value is approx. 5.5 million, is it wise to use a DP on Defenders?? and if so we would have to loosen a contract in order to finalize, i think it may be his manager name dropping our club and not our club pursuing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/mediotiempo/stat...98171409436677

Toronto FC has started talks with Tigres for Carlos Salcedo

- mediotiempo
    Sounds encouraging. If this gets done, he would be a significant upgrade among our central defenders.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    with Salcedo he would be brought in if true probably as DP as his current value is approx. 5.5 million, is it wise to use a DP on Defenders?? and if so we would have to loosen a contract in order to finalize, i think it may be his manager name dropping our club and not our club pursuing
    his value would only be a couple million, has about 11.5 months left on contract and 28 years old so no sell on value.

would be a max TAM signing (his wages under a mill at tigres).
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 01-11-2022 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

his value would only be a couple million, has about 11.5 months left on contract and 28 years old so no sell on value.

would be a max TAM signing (his wages under a mill at tigres).
    maybe its lost in translation,but something about a player swap involved in his move here.maybe a oso yefe,delgado or even jozy going the other way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A swap would be great. Would probably make it so he's not a DP because there'd be no fee. Obviously it'd be either Oso or Delgado and losing one would leave a hole that we'd need to replace, but we already have a bigger hole at CB

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A swap would be great. Would probably make it so he's not a DP because there'd be no fee. Obviously it'd be either Oso or Delgado and losing one would leave a hole that we'd need to replace, but we already have a bigger hole at CB
    could see this being the oso move tbh.

he's always done well against mexican opposition and would be his chance to test himself abroad at a higher level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oso is a close match money wise but im sure tfc would have to chip in a bit extra

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    oso is a close match money wise but im sure tfc would have to chip in a bit extra
    yeah, would come in as a TAM signing still.

would be a top CB signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody start praying or anything, but Tigres has inquired about Jozy for two straight seasons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nobody start praying or anything, but Tigres has inquired about Jozy for two straight seasons...
    but would they pay jozy s wages.oso may be more of a money match

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fear is that Oso wouldn’t get enough minutes at Tigres. But I really have zero idea what their depth chart in MF is … I know they signed Thauvin from Marseille.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-11-2022 at 11:59 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a couple of major outlets started reporting on Salcedo to TFC tonight, TUDN and MedioTiempo.

apparently the other team seriously in for him (Palmeiras) had an issue and pulled out.

mentions a potential trade, could only see it being jozy or oso.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say, Tigres is one of the few possible Jozy landing spots where I could see him agreeing to play for something less than his contract calls for.

He has always had a social media love in with them, ever since we played them, and he has a relationship with Gignac, they banter back and forth a bit on Twitter.

I also think he could put himself back in the USMNT picture in a hurry at a club like that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one of many takes today suggests Sao Paolo has given TFC a take-it-or-leave it one-year loan offer for Soteldo along with buying 50% of his rights. It also suggests we haven't called them back and they're now looking for other options.

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/times/s...ratacoes.ghtml

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    There was that Spanish forward playing in Poland that we were linked with. That feels more likely than both Destro and Belotti.
    Yes. Mind-lapse. Was even mentioned by me previously; Jesus Jimenez? Brought up initially I believe by both TFC/Everton and portu. Solid candidate IMO. Rumours have gone quiet?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-12-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I gotta say, Tigres is one of the few possible Jozy landing spots where I could see him agreeing to play for something less than his contract calls for.

He has always had a social media love in with them, ever since we played them, and he has a relationship with Gignac, they banter back and forth a bit on Twitter.

I also think he could put himself back in the USMNT picture in a hurry at a club like that.
    Swap please! I will start jloome... before I go to bed tonight I will say my prayers... as I write this, both sets of fingers and toes are crossed- I am amazing!... I will rub my red cornicello/cornetto and Gobbo Italian talismans throughout the coming days- yeh! I know how this sounds. Oh Lord, please grant us this favour...
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-12-2022 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I wonder if there's a chance Poz is the one who leaves and they keep Soteldo to try and rebuild his value. Tactically, it makes sense as it would allow BB to play his customary 433, with Soteldo playing on the right.

Wouldn't be ideal but I'd be willing to give Soteldo another chance if the relationship isn't totally broken. He was sold a lie and came into a shitshow in an unfamiliar country during a pandemic. Hardly a recipe for success.
    considering they sent a trainer to spain with poz for the offseason this seems unlikely unless something has dramatically changed.

Yes. However, I am unable to recall... maybe I just have missed it... has there been any comments by Manning/BBradley/TFC et al. about or along the lines of 'can't wait for everyone to see and enjoy the link up play between Poz and Insigne'? If not... concerning; maybe even a tell? If Poz is in the final year of his contract, they better get it sorted sooner than later; give him a reasonable and respectable bump given circumstances. It's football 101- lets lock it down and try to avoid another Sebaesque negotiating fiasco.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-12-2022 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    but would they pay jozy s wages.oso may be more of a money match
    I wonder if our offseason buyout can factor into this.

We transfer Jozy to Tigres and agree to pay half of his salary. Then use our buyout on that amount and free up the cap space and DP spot. Something like that would work for all parties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The keeper is 6'5. That is a solid foundation at the very least.
    Yes! seem to be getting into Borjan and Donnarumma territory; sorry, height comparable not skill. Borjan- great, like, want at TFC... Donnarumma- phenom!?

IMO TFC should, in any draft scenarios, be always selecting 3 to 1 defensively v offensively.

The only mantra: L'Attacco wins matches... La Difesa wins Championships!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ I stand by my earlier comment that if a Sigma FC player was on the board we should take them a) because they are local b) cause they have a good track record of developing pros.

Let’s hope this wasn’t a huge missed opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If all TFC had ever done at the draft was take any available former Sigma player when available, they would have Tajon. Instead they only did it once (that I recall) and got Emery Welshman.
    Feels like any time you hear about a new Canadian pro they're either from Brampton or played with Sigma....or both
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    "Spent time training with FC Forge" is the true trifecta of Sigmaness
    My knowledge is weak on this matter.

For my education and enlightenment, must players from the 'outside'... "Sigmaness" family- academy and or teams- those systems- always enter a draft for MLS/TFC consideration and pick up or is a more direct selection for rights by TFC also allowed as opposed to those on the 'inside'... already within MLS teams' feeding systems like TFC Academy.

Likely already stated somewhere in the RPB Forum, but it seems to be a no brainer given "Sigmaness's" high-bar success record. If it makes operational sense, shouldn't MLSE/TFC drop a dump truck of money into Sigma et al., not be greedy, take a third stake, don't tinker with the formula, allow the Smyrniotis brothers Bobby and Constatine their control in exchange for some sort of a yearly recommendations first right to refusal list?

We certainly now know how Manning likes his lists.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-12-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo would be so ideal. To get a Mexican NT CB in his prime is a big deal. If Tigres wanna take Jozy in return? They are heroes and deserve us all to thank them on Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highly skeptical on the Salcedo stuff. Doesn't seem to make sense numbers wise to me unless there is a further outgoing/s.

There is 2.8M of TAM available to all teams this year. That all gets gobbled up by buying down Osorio, Mavinga and Bradley down to the 150min. Buying them down to 3/4/500k gobbles up cap room. The rumored transfer fee means Richie's GAM injection doesnt come into play as you cant mix GAM and TAM on a player.

Mexican media are saying he'll be a "franchise player" I.E DP - that doesn't make sense unless Poz is going and or the Belotti rumors are bollocks.

And then what about Criscito? Doubt they can make the two of them work.

Just seems off to me. Happy to be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Highly skeptical on the Salcedo stuff. Doesn't seem to make sense numbers wise to me unless there is a further outgoing/s.

There is 2.8M of TAM available to all teams this year. That all gets gobbled up by buying down Osorio, Mavinga and Bradley down to the 150min. Buying them down to 3/4/500k gobbles up cap room. The rumored transfer fee means Richie's GAM injection doesnt come into play as you cant mix GAM and TAM on a player.

Mexican media are saying he'll be a "franchise player" I.E DP - that doesn't make sense unless Poz is going and or the Belotti rumors are bollocks.

And then what about Criscito? Doubt they can make the two of them work.

Just seems off to me. Happy to be wrong.
    Ya i agree i would prefer Salcedo over Criscito at CB for sure the age and in his prime. The only way i see Criscito coming would be at LB in that case we would need to get rid of Lawrence in a trade and in my option Lawrence was subpar last yr Morrow was better at LB when he came back from injury.

You cant play both Cristcito and Mavinga at CB they are both left footed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Expected but let's see a new fitness/physio team and a new GK coach.