Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's some speculation that North American sports leagues can't cancel because insurance only covers events as they come up - as long as there is a potential for a game to occur as deemed by the insurance companies, the insurance people won't let them cancel dates. Which is why the dates to restart they are setting are laughably close and will likely remain so until the fall.

I agree that it is highly unlikely we see fans in seats until at least 2021, and I actually think 2022 is more likely.

I also think teams have to start thinking about the cash strapped nature of their members and allow people to opt out during this time.

Specifically to TFC

Membership is a monthly fee for a number of games per season. Until they admit they can not do the amount of games in the season, they won't give people money back. Not sure the league would let them do that unilaterally.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There's some speculation that North American sports leagues can't cancel because insurance only covers events as they come up - as long as there is a potential for a game to occur as deemed by the insurance companies, the insurance people won't let them cancel dates. Which is why the dates to restart they are setting are laughably close and will likely remain so until the fall.

I agree that it is highly unlikely we see fans in seats until at least 2021, and I actually think 2022 is more likely.

I also think teams have to start thinking about the cash strapped nature of their members and allow people to opt out during this time.

Specifically to TFC

Membership is a monthly fee for a number of games per season. Until they admit they can not do the amount of games in the season, they won't give people money back. Not sure the league would let them do that unilaterally.
    I believe MLSE should be giving back cash to all the season seat holders, one for the Leafs is no different than TFC, Raptors to an Argos one. Its the good thing to do?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!