Page 136 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aaa...memories

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    This is going to get done. Genk is in full posturing mode now. Making themselves look big and scary so that they can tell their fans they tried. Lawyers is a bad route for them I doubt they have Canadian Media Monopoly Billions to waste on lawyers. When your captain wants out, you yell and scream, make your team look like they tried. Then when all is said and done you say goodbye. It sucks for Genk that is likely the nail in the coffin of their Champions league run.
    Totally possible.

At least they're 11 points up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Totally possible.

At least they're 11 points up.
    What kind of Captain leaves his team high and dry like that? And he's choosing MLS over Euro League?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    What kind of Captain leaves his team high and dry like that? And he's choosing MLS over Euro League?
    Exactly the same kind of player as the one we just sold to a 4th tier league. The kind that values money more than anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Exactly the same kind of player as the one we just sold to a 4th tier league. The kind that values money more than anything else.
    Touche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Touche.
    What type of money is TFC offering to get a guy to leave his 1st place team making a run for champions league LOL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current theory is that Pozuelo was fine waiting, his agent wasn't and saw the dollar signs. Only way I can kind of reconcile his 180 on the position he took when he rejected Al-Ahli's 3 million euro offer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another lighter note, isn't it amazing that in the year 2019, with AI & robots supposedly about to take over, that Google Translate & most other automatic translations are still such crap?

The one posted two pages back just left "neimand" untranslated, w/o thinking I realized from German that it means "nobody."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much fear that MLSE might lose money, lol.

It's clear that most people here have never been part of negotiations, and that everything, including legally binding contracts can be negotiated away.

In case people don't remember, TFC had a certain Italian player with one year left on his contract. A middle eastern team engaged in tampering and made him an offer that they couldn't legally do. It all got worked out, money changed hands, everyone is ok. It's no different with Belgian teams. People posture, they give their legal positions. A deal gets worked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    What type of money is TFC offering to get a guy to leave his 1st place team making a run for champions league LOL
    https://twitter.com/Jasoninho10/status/1094945749081702400

Not sure the credibility of the source, but this guy is claiming we offered 4m euro/yr (4x his current salary)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    My current theory is that Pozuelo was fine waiting, his agent wasn't and saw the dollar signs. Only way I can kind of reconcile his 180 on the position he took when he rejected Al-Ahli's 3 million euro offer.
    Or that Toronto @ 4 million > Al- Ahli @ 3 million

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Apparently TFC is offering to triple his salary to US$4 million, not sure if true. EDIT or was that Euros...?

Worries me a bit that they're willing to pay more that Saudi Arabia. I hope they're taking the time to get the right guy at the right price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro and Davidson are both at BMO Field today, is there some sort of announcement/presser happening today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Molinaro and Davidson are both at BMO Field today, is there some sort of announcement/presser happening today?
    Menendez Maybe? Not sure how that would go with all the questions they should get about Pozuelo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo and Menendez would add some much needed creativity for us up front. Hopefully they both get finalized shortly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menendez's stats are pretty crappy. Hope he's not a TAM guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The next new player who says "I'm here for the project" is going to get a Jennifer Lawerence meme gif from me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I know of, think it could just be the clubs first day back in Toronto after being in California the last couple weeks.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Not that I know of, think it could just be the clubs first day back in Toronto after being in California the last couple weeks.
    Team is still in Cali.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Canada Soccer
    2020 Away Days: San Jose (Feb 29)
    2019 Away Days:
    Philadelphia (March 2), Montreal (July 13, September 18), New York City (October 23), Atlanta (October 30), Seattle MLS CUP (November 10)
    2018 Away Days: Monterrey MX (March 13), Mexico City (April 10), Guadalajara MX (April 25), Montreal (Oct 21)
    2017 Away Days
    : Salt Lake City, Philly, LA, ATL, NJ, Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Yes Canada Soccer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would work out that way if we buy him because of the $3.5M transfer. I'm not fan of how MLS amortizes transfer fees but it is what it is.

And yes, his stats aren't awesome but like I said earlier I don't judge until the play here. I laughed when NYRB signed BWP because he was overpriced League One shite and look how that worked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like he'll be 150K on a 6 month trial. If he's worth 3.5 we buy him, If not we get a different winger in the June transfer window. Probably a top quality loan that can morph into full DP when Bradley comes off the DP books in 2020.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So much fear that MLSE might lose money, lol.

It's clear that most people here have never been part of negotiations, and that everything, including legally binding contracts can be negotiated away.

In case people don't remember, TFC had a certain Italian player with one year left on his contract. A middle eastern team engaged in tampering and made him an offer that they couldn't legally do. It all got worked out, money changed hands, everyone is ok. It's no different with Belgian teams. People posture, they give their legal positions. A deal gets worked out.
    So this is your understanding of business life....

Here's mine:

This is a big story with potential career implications for those involved.

It is not good for Manning or TFC or anybody if Manning presented a player to his bosses/board that he said he could get for 25M euros total, and it turns out you may not get him unless it's 30M (guessing at these numbers, the point is the inability to deliver). This is not how board approval for player acquisition works anywhere. You are asking for approval of a specific deal. Going back a second time for more looks like you didn’t know what you were doing, and wastes people's time.

If it's just a mistake that money fixes, that is bad, but people involved can get past it. Depends on the quantum. If legal exposure has been created, this is way worse.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-11-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team is still in Cali.
    When are they back, can't see a pressers taking place if they are?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Looks like he'll be 150K on a 6 month trial. If he's worth 3.5 we buy him, If not we get a different winger in the June transfer window. Probably a top quality loan that can morph into full DP when Bradley comes off the DP books in 2020.
    i think it’s more like when VDW and the reminder whatever we paid for Aketxe falls away.

Strongly suspect there are still economic ramifications to both those deals even if Aketxe (in particular) is off the books.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    So this is your understanding of business life....

Here's mine:

This is a big story with potential career implications for those involved.

It is not good for Manning or TFC or anybody if Manning presented a player to his bosses/board that he said he could get for 25M euros total, and it turns out you may not get him unless it's 30M (guessing at these numbers, the point is the inability to deliver). This is not how board approval for player acquisition works anywhere. You are asking for approval of a specific deal.

If legal exposure has been created, this is way worse.
    As this is not my background, could Manning/Curtis expose MLSE to a legal obligation without the approval first of the board or them even knowing about it? I can't see him even having authority without the board's approval for something of this nature? On the matter of the world football market beyond the names everyone knows would they board even have a clue if said player makes sense, is it a good deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When are they back, can't see a pressers taking place if they are?
    It's a canada soccer presser at BMO.

And TFC still have a friendly with Xolos to play in Cali before coming back north IIRC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His last season wasn’t very good, but the year before had 9 goals and 2 assists in 21 games. For a winger, that is pretty good. From what info I have gotten from a couple of people who watch Argentinian football religiously is that he isn’t the great crosser/passer, but his pace and dribbling is very good, and can finish. If he is on a full season loan like someone said above, he will be a very interesting player to watch.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As this is not my background, could Manning/Curtis expose MLSE to a legal obligation without the approval first of the board or them even knowing about it? I can't see him even having authority without the board's approval for something of this nature? On the matter of the world football market beyond the names everyone knows would they board even have a clue if said player makes sense, is it a good deal?
    All executive authority in any corporation derives from the board. For many things a board delegates their authority, but can reserve their authority for others. It's been said publicly before that any TFC DPs need to be specifically approved by the MLSE board. There can be no legal liability unless the MLSE board signs on. As well as that, given that all of the teams are legally divisions of a corporation (MLS LLC), league FO approval is also needed before any deal is binding. So Manning and Co can't get TFC in legal liability without a deal being reviewed.