Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So supposedly Hasal broke a finger or two and the refs were putting that up as an excuse. That’s a joke if I ever heard one.

The force of the ball alone can easy break or dislocate a finger. Especially if it’s held out in a compromising position.

And I say this as someone who pinched a game in net and broke his finger in a remarkably similar scenario. So I’m going to brand myself the subject matter expert here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I believe Poz left this team about a year and a half ago
    yes. He plays for LA Galaxy now
    how did you know this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genuinely wondering if the ref crew lost contact with the VAR room or something because I have no idea how it's even possible to miss that after seeing replays. Either way, it's staggering, inexcusable incompetence from the officials.

Looking forward to the tepid PRO apology and Paul Stalteri coaching us next weekend

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB talks after the game

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...ley-may-8-2022

On the goal not called

"Its a mistake"

He won't get fined for this.

Agree with BB on Kerr - he was better today - not great but making progress towards to being an MLS player

&

Listening to this, the next window is when a lot of changes are going to occur & the youth are getting a shot now but its in the meantime.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-08-2022 at 09:24 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team flying back in tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB was really excellent in this presser. He isn’t Rah rah, but for the right player he would be inspirational because he is so clear, on point, and has very high standards indeed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    BB talks after the game

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...ley-may-8-2022

On the goal not called

"Its a mistake"

He won't get fined for this.

Agree with BB on Kerr - he was better today - not great but making progress towards to being an MLS player

&

Listening to this, the next window is when a lot of changes are going to occur & the youth are getting a shot now but its in the meantime.

Appreciate the link, he is class. And to be clear that was him railing he started with “It’s a mistake” but ended with “Its a clear mistake”…LOL. And you are correct, no fine. Actually, I think he pointed it out well that whoever was the VAR person, they didn’t do their job and he cant wait to hear from pro.

He has a plan, and he isn’t wavering and we will win or lose with this plan. I thought the O’Neill comment about having solid people in the room was a good one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Appreciate the link, he is class. And to be clear that was him railing he started with “It’s a mistake” but ended with “Its a clear mistake”…LOL. And you are correct, no fine. Actually, I think he pointed it out well that whoever was the VAR person, they didn’t do their job and he cant wait to hear from pro.

He has a plan, and he isn’t wavering and we will win or lose with this plan. I thought the O’Neill comment about having solid people in the room was a good one.
    What the plan? This team will never win anything with the current players, they will spend money in July window and things will be fine. no one on this site truly believes we can do anything with what we have now do they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed the first half yesterday, but judging from the second half, they deserved to lose. Letting a team as weak as Vancouver waltz through your midfield like no one’s there is about as low as a team can go. If Vancouver wasn’t such a bottom feeder it would have been a total blowout. To make it even more frustrating, the officiating was atrocious! The PRO needs to get a handle on VAR or drop it. I didn’t think MLS officiating could get any worse, but it’s killing games now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair point and I actually agree because I don't believe that was what he was saying. I think he is saying this is going to take time but he did it articulately. First and foremost, he cleaned house. Only wants players here that want to be here and set good work ethic examples (O'Neill). Yes, he may have gone too far in removing anyone who wasn't wanted or did not want to be there isn't bad.

Unfortunately, there may have been some i.e. Marky, who may be gone for other reasons. But injuries still plague us and some of the younger ones won't get to put on their best game. I personally was hoping that the CCL bracket was so light that we could try to cruise through even with what we have, but Montreal now worries me. I think we have to get over that he is blinded by MB and know that this is what it is for this year.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 05-09-2022 at 09:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and it was so apropos that Ricketts was the one to score. Kind of poetic justice, because we really haven’t improved since Ricketts was let go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    What the plan? This team will never win anything with the current players, they will spend money in July window and things will be fine. no one on this site truly believes we can do anything with what we have now do they?
    I am fine with the approach we've taken this year, and happy to see them try to give the young academy grads a chance. But I have to agree with you. I don't think any are really part of the rebuild and I'd be surprised if they're with TFC a few years down the line. Just not enough quality there. Even compared to what Jonathan Osorio looked like in his first few games. He was calm on the ball, could evade the first tackle and crisply lay-off to the right person. I'm not seeing enough technique or football IQ.

Regarding the game. Wow that was terrible reffing. Funny how VAR was somewhat decently implemented in the first year or two in MLS compared to EPL. Now even though I don't like the EPL approach to measuring offside by millimeters with cameras, it at least has made the call somewhat objective. That Vancouver goal was screaming for the line to be draw across the pitch! It's a total shitshow in MLS now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

given the lineup we had, we played pretty well and controlled most of the game. terrible goal to concede at the end and I wonder who got caught up field attacking to leave the backdoor wide open like that. (Vancouver were better with Cavallini and Ricketts on in my view).

MB has become our favourite whipping boy but he was very good against Vancouver, as he was wednesday against Cincy. He might not be the guy for a championship team but perfectly serviceable for this team, and his reported incredible work rate in training very important for setting standards with the young guys coming up. I know it isn't going to persuade anyone who sees his errors, but if you watch just him all game and see everything else he does, you will see why he is playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I am fine with the approach we've taken this year, and happy to see them try to give the young academy grads a chance. But I have to agree with you. I don't think any are really part of the rebuild and I'd be surprised if they're with TFC a few years down the line. Just not enough quality there. Even compared to what Jonathan Osorio looked like in his first few games. He was calm on the ball, could evade the first tackle and crisply lay-off to the right person. I'm not seeing enough technique or football IQ.

Regarding the game. Wow that was terrible reffing. Funny how VAR was somewhat decently implemented in the first year or two in MLS compared to EPL. Now even though I don't like the EPL approach to measuring offside by millimeters with cameras, it at least has made the call somewhat objective. That Vancouver goal was screaming for the line to be draw across the pitch! It's a total shitshow in MLS now.
    The problem with the EPL approach is that it tries to be too objective and draws fairly arbitrary lines ie with the arm pit that arent really justified by the technology and tend to eliminate the "doubt goes to the attacker" that we all grew up with, and which is philosophically correct. It takes a lot of excitement out of the game and risks injury by the ridiculous delayed offside flag that purely exists to accommodate VAR - Id rather just use the A/R's eyes.

As for VAR itself, they still need to figure out how to do it instantly, restrict it to really egregious calls, and get it right. Unless it is perfect, there is no point because its downsides (delay, destroying excitement etc) are only justified if it is perfect. Which it should be given the technology, but we have had examples recently (ie Nelson) where the discipline committee said it was a clear and obvious error even though VAR reviewed. No certainty at all, and pretty much stating VAR officials dont know what they are doing in this league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAR is only noticeable when its wrong

Problem is, its wrong way too much

Good thing is PRO is at least talking about its mistakes & not acting like they always are correct - they get rather public about mistakes.

http://proreferees.com/category/educ...initive-angle/

Every VAR review discussed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The problem with the EPL approach is that it tries to be too objective and draws fairly arbitrary lines ie with the arm pit that arent really justified by the technology and tend to eliminate the "doubt goes to the attacker" that we all grew up with, and which is philosophically correct. It takes a lot of excitement out of the game and risks injury by the ridiculous delayed offside flag that purely exists to accommodate VAR - Id rather just use the A/R's eyes.
    As for VAR itself, they still need to figure out how to do it instantly, restrict it to really egregious calls, and get it right. Unless it is perfect, there is no point because its downsides (delay, destroying excitement etc) are only justified if it is perfect. Which it should be given the technology, but we have had examples recently (ie Nelson) where the discipline committee said it was a clear and obvious error even though VAR reviewed. No certainty at all, and pretty much stating VAR officials dont know what they are doing in this league.
    I agree with most of this, but I would rather have the EPL approach than the crock of you know what we saw yesterday. Maybe I'm just frustrated with the all sorts of wrong that happened in that game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other news - Rothrock looked speedy & willing to go to the line to cross it in - might be useful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other news - Rothrock looked speedy & willing to go to the line to cross it in - might be useful.
    I'd like to see a larger sample size but he did look to offer something we lost since Schaff switched to FB. Might as well give him a start and see what's up. Couldn't hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAR is only noticeable when its wrong

Problem is, its wrong way too much

Good thing is PRO is at least talking about its mistakes & not acting like they always are correct - they get rather public about mistakes.

http://proreferees.com/category/educ...initive-angle/

Every VAR review discussed
    given how disruptive it is, unlike goal line technology, it shouldn’t be used unless it’s perfect or damn close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC lost this game the moment Poz missed the penalty, he may as well have missed the entire goal. Poz just doesn't seem the player he was on many an occasion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    TFC lost this game the moment Poz missed the penalty, he may as well have missed the entire goal. Poz just doesn't seem the player he was on many an occasion.
    It’s hard to tell what’s going on with Poz, but he kind of seems like he’s just not driven anymore, like he’s given up. Bradley too sometimes. Correct me if I’m wrong, but in the last two years it seems like Poz constantly gives up the ball when moving forward. There are still glimpses, but he often appears not very engaged. Maybe the constant losing is getting to his mindset. It certainly seems that way with a lot of the veterans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz is being played quite out of position and still putting up good numbers despite it - he's statically our best attacker by quite a bit. But agree he's far off what he could be and wonder if Bob Bradley is not a fan, between putting him a bit out of position and publicly blaming him on his sons mistake for a goal there's a couple of small signs he isn't in love with him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    It’s hard to tell what’s going on with Poz, but he kind of seems like he’s just not driven anymore, like he’s given up. Bradley too sometimes. Correct me if I’m wrong, but in the last two years it seems like Poz constantly gives up the ball when moving forward. There are still glimpses, but he often appears not very engaged. Maybe the constant losing is getting to his mindset. It certainly seems that way with a lot of the veterans.
    Love Poz was working but VERY frustrated at everyone it seemed ( sadly Jimenez as well ) he shrugged after many passes . IF O’Neill is BB ‘s kind of guy then why is Boni starting every game ? O’Neill reamed him in the open when Bono looked lost waiting to kick away ( as usual) the ball . It was heard throughout the stadium . With Bono in net , we simply can’t pass back . Back it’s continuous . Boring boring game . They didn’t deserve to win .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Well look on the bright side, Poz is going to be option 3 as the PK taker come July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd prefer us not waste more time and roster spots on 20+ year old college guys with low ceilings (i.e. Endoh, Achara).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I'd prefer us not waste more time and roster spots on 20+ year old college guys with low ceilings (i.e. Endoh, Achara).
    He’s better than both of them already. He’s got an engine and he can hit the net. He reminds me a lot of Erik Hurtado except with finishing skill.

He’s definitely got prospects as a depth player who contributes. Might even get good enough for the first team eventually. His age is hurting him because he stood out on TFC II last year and probably should’ve been brought to MLS level earlier.

He seems to me a more sensible prospect than a washed up older player. He still has upsides and wouldn’t look out of place on the first team most o the time, certainly not when compared with Kerr, Chung, Achara, none of whom look likely to start on a good team any time soon.

Teams have to have some depth, although I do agree with the notion of real competition for first-team places. At worst, we could get a few good games out of him and deal him to Houston, where Pat Onstad seems to love TFC reclamation projects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, I thought Rothrock looked interesting.

Now that said, we seriously have to trim the hedges here and figure out which prospects we are going to stick with. There’s simply not enough room for everyone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just like the fact that somebody other then Shaff is trying to go at the byline & use width.

Everybody else (maybe Petrasso as an exception) has what I call Auro disease - goes wide, stops.....pulls back & passes it to a mid or CB behind them.

Think Richie Laryea - want more of that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    deal him to Houston, where Pat Onstad seems to love TFC reclamation projects.
    This makes me think of Bono (I wish).