Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I believe our season tickets had its 20 games alloted as follows:
    1 CCL Game
    1 Cdn Cup
    1 Extra (Which ever came first, CCL or CDN cup)
    Is that realistic? Isn't it predictable that the CCL game would be before the next round of Canada Cup? (assuming one gets that far in CCL)

Is it an assumption that the extra ticket would be for a much more desired late tournament match in the CCL than a possible nobody cares match vs Edm/Ott/Misc? Wouldn't we have expected to pay for an important match, and they would bundle in the cheaper/less attractive game?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17 MLS games
    1 CCL Game
    1 Cdn Cup

So if we make the CDN Cup final, we'll also have to pay. Any additional CCL games, we'll pay. The MLS/LigaMX Super Cup, we'll pay.
    When we got our renewal emails with the break down I read it as

17 MLS
    1st CCL game
    2 Others (CCL or Can. Champ, whichever comes first)

Might have missed the clarification though
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    When we got our renewal emails with the break down I read it as

17 MLS
    1st CCL game
    2 Others (CCL or Can. Champ, whichever comes first)

Might have missed the clarification though
    I was under the same impression. I remember the renewal site had an asterisk listing the 2 extra games as whatever came first (be it CCL/Voyageurs). However that is nowhere to be found.

The longer SSH agreement also only list it as MLSE discretion here https://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital...20Contract.pdf

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the love and much class to Jozy after having to dick with this shit.
    Jozy shows class in reply to racist fan of Tigres on Twitter:

http://www.record.com.mx/empelotados...nado-de-tigres

"I hope you have a career-ending injury you f--ng n---r sh-ty monkey son of a b--ch you play soccer like a little girl your mother is a..." etc.

Jozy replies:

"Thank you for your support, these are nice words friend. My best wishes for you and your family. Regards."

Top Class.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post

"I hope you have a career-ending injury you f--ng n---r sh-ty monkey son of a b--ch you play soccer like a little girl your mother is a..." etc.

Jozy replies:

"Thank you for your support, these are nice words friend. My best wishes for you and your family. Regards."

Top Class.
    Not to downplay Jozy... But this isn't the first time this has probably happened to him, and the way he responded is the only way to respond. More Martin less Malcom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Not to downplay Jozy... But this isn't the first time this has probably happened to him, and the way he responded is the only way to respond. More Martin less Malcom.
    Most of the hate about Jozy has a racist tint to it. Judged much harder than his counterparts for no real reason at all. Not all of it the criticsm towards him has it but a lot of it is at least unconsciously racist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post

Jozy replies:

Top Class.
    Well done Jozy!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, bring on Club America. They advance to face the Reds after winnning 3-1 tonight, 7-1 overall. Bring on the trip to Azteca !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, after watching Red Bulls ( with kids ), TFC, and Seattle now holding their own in Mexico ( without Lodeiro) you have to ask if the intimidation factor is now gone for MLS teams playing in Mexico. BIGGEST DIFFERENCE FOR ME. This bodes well, what a difference from prior years where folding and capitulating were the norm, they are going for it now, soaking up pressure at times for sure, but just looks different this year, Well Done MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there no stream of the Chivas v Seattle game??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    is there no stream of the Chivas v Seattle game??
    I'm watching here http://atdhe.top/soccer/watch-guadal...he?l=644770762

Seattle hanging on, no Lodeiro, just lost Marshall, don't think they can hold out like this all game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Well, after watching Red Bulls ( with kids ), TFC, and Seattle now holding their own in Mexico ( without Lodeiro) you have to ask if the intimidation factor is now gone for MLS teams playing in Mexico. BIGGEST DIFFERENCE FOR ME. This bodes well, what a difference from prior years where folding and capitulating were the norm, they are going for it now, soaking up pressure at times for sure, but just looks different this year, Well Done MLS.
    considering how Mexicans teams have dominated at home and MLS teams look scared quite a few moments during the games, I don't think the intimidation factor is quite gone yet
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chivas up 1-0 early in the second half on a free kick goal, all square at 1 on aggregate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chivaa up 2-0.seattle needs away goal now.
    Penalties no longer possible. 30 minutes left
    Last edited by rydermike; 03-14-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17 MLS games
    1 CCL Game
    1 Cdn Cup

So if we make the CDN Cup final, we'll also have to pay. Any additional CCL games, we'll pay. The MLS/LigaMX Super Cup, we'll pay.
    Yes. That is what they said, and it’s also fair. CCL isn’t free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tuned in at 2-0 around the 60th. At about 80' Seattle gets completely carved up on the counter, 3-0 and it looks like it's done for the night.

Chivas players are diving all over the place and fwiw the the 27 minutes I've watched the ref has handed out two yellows for it, so kudos.

My impression of Chivas? Crisp passing and doing a good job of beating Seattle's poor trap but nobody standing out as particularly threatening. Defensively they look messy when the ball is in the air, that certainly can be exploited. Colour me not impressed. Seattle isn't closing the down but when they do there's success, they can't play under pressure. If it's this or the Red Bulls then I reckon the true final is us vs America.
    Last edited by MartinUtd; 03-14-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*knocks wood*

I kind of wanted Seattle in the final. I think it would have been amusing to kick their sorry asses again.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle getting thrashed out of the Cup in Tijuana shows how big an achievement TFC accomplished winning the tie against Tigres. Epic...the club’s adding depth is a big part of it. The character of this team is incredible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Seattle getting thrashed out of the Cup in Tijuana shows how big an achievement TFC accomplished winning the tie against Tigres. Epic...the club’s adding depth is a big part of it. The character of this team is incredible.
    Actually Seattle lost to Chivas Guadalajara. Wow Chivas was fast. Quite different from Monterrey, who played lots of long balls to their big forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops..sorry mixed that up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    considering how Mexicans teams have dominated at home and MLS teams look scared quite a few moments during the games, I don't think the intimidation factor is quite gone yet
    This x 1000 times.
    Look what happened to Seattle.

Specially when the second leg is in Mexico, I'm still saying that any MLS team has the second chance to advance, if they do not travel down to Mexico with at least a 2 goal advantage. 1 goal advantage is nothing, is like a fart in the wind, Mexican teams have a tradition to pour down multiple goals on MLS teams in Mexico very quickly.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 03-15-2018 at 02:10 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the heck are you people talking about? We all know what scared looks like because we saw it for 8 years straight. Not ONCE did I see us look scared in Monterey. Pinned back? Yes. Scared? Nope.

I draw absolutely NO inference from that set of games that NYRB is going to be in trouble. Tijuana is a better team then Chivas while Tigres is better then America.

Seattle is poorly coached - the way they got carved up is down to in game management. That & Frei was horrid on that free kick - he covered where his wall was. The rave green was unprepared for the altitude, which is a testament to their lack of overall willingness to what is necessary to compete in CCL. Ultimately, their management has decided that long tooth veterans & B team kids are going to be their back ups while they hold onto TAM & a DP slot into the summer. They take their 40K crowds for granted over their & if I was a snot green supporter, I'd be pissed off.

We on the other hand, we brought on Auro & Vasquez (OK, and Haglund). Totally different approach to things CCL wise.

Marsch & Vanney will have their teams prepared. The teams match up well against each other. Let the Mexicans think Club America can handle us easily. Its going to be a tough fight but we are up to the challenge.

If anything, I think NYRB has it easier.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-15-2018 at 06:58 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    What the heck are you people talking about? We all know what scared looks like because we saw it for 8 years straight. Not ONCE did I see us look scared in Monterey. Pinned back? Yes. Scared? Nope.

I draw absolutely NO inference from that set of games that NYRB is going to be in trouble. Tijuana is a better team then Chivas while Tigres is better then America.

Seattle is poorly coached - the way they got carved up is down to in game management. That & Frei was horrid on that free kick - he covered where his wall was. The rave green was unprepared for the altitude, which is a testament to their lack of overall willingness to what is necessary to compete in CCL. Ultimately, their management has decided that long tooth veterans & B team kids are going to be their back ups while they hold onto TAM & a DP slot into the summer. They take their 40K crowds for granted over their & if I was a snot green supporter, I'd be pissed off.

We on the other hand, we brought on Auro & Vasquez (OK, and Haglund). Totally different approach to things CCL wise.

Marsch & Vanney will have their teams prepared. The teams match up well against each other. Let the Mexicans think Club America can handle us easily. Its going to be a tough fight but we are up to the challenge.

If anything, I think NYRB has it easier.
    Scared? Yeah, when Moor, Zavaleta and Hagglund looked a bit shell shocked and making poor decisions and critical errors. *shrug* If that Tigres game went on for another 5-10 mins, I highly doubt TFC would be playing America in the semi finals. Tigres were all over TFC that final 20 mins or so.

Seattle got creamed because they were forced to take a mostly B team to Chivas due to injuries. It didn't get any better when Seattle was forced to sub out 2 more starters early. You can talk about tactics, altitude and whole other bunch of factors to why Seattle sucked, but when you lose like 7 starters to injuries, you can only do so much.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the winner of the CCL get to defend their title? Could there be 2 Canadian sides next year?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope....if we don't win the Voyageurs, we don't get all this fun next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that we are the best club in CONCAF. Having said that our performance on Tuesday was less the brilliant and I believe it was due to nerves. We need to get over it. We need to approach each game as if we are the best team on the continent, because we are, and that if we play hard and play out game, stay organized compact and tactically sound we will beat any team on this continent.

FORZA TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the qualifying for CCL, looks like the US had to make similar changes to what we did a few years ago. The normal qualifying for MLS teams is this:

- MLS Cup Winner
    - US Open Cup Winner
    - Supporters Shield Winner
    - Other Conference Winner (opposite conference to SS Winner)

Every year there a little bit of maneuvering as a team may qualify multiple ways (e.g. MLS Cup Winner and US Open Cup), so it falls to the next team in line. What's interesting for the 2019 CCL is that they need to catch up, like what Canada did with the double winner of the Voyageurs Cup in 2016/2017.

So in 2019, the US teams qualify by:

- 2017 MLS Cup Winner ******
    - 2018 MLS Cup Winner
    - 2017 US Open Cup
    - 2018 US Open Cup

Note that there is NO supporters shield winner, or opposite conference winner. As well, because TFC won the 2018 MLS Cup, they instead are going to send the team with the best aggregate record over 2017 & 2018. Which could very well be TFC again given the 12 point lead we have on NYCFC, but we can't qualify for it that way, so they'll have to send the 2nd best team in MLS (unless it's another Canadian team... keep going down the ladder).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just purchased our CONCACAF TFC vs Club America tickets for Tuesday, April 3rd @ 8:00 game $30.00 each and Face Value $39.00 for Section #111. Can't wait!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmed - SSH ticket inovices now in MLSE accounts

$36 for 221 - not bad for a game against Club America

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, my southend pair is $48.